PDA

View Full Version : What's the Longest You've Been TOLD to Wait for a Prize

Conan_Librarian
December 23rd, 2006, 7:52am
Just received an email Grand Prize notification (first time I've received by email). It said to wait 16-20 weeks after affy is submitted before prize is delivered.

16-20 WEEKS?!!??!

By that time, I'll probably have forgotten it's coming.

What is the longest delivery wait you've been told to expect in an affy, rules or prize notification?

wackydackydoo
December 23rd, 2006, 8:49am
I was never told in certain situations how long, but I've waited up to 7 months for a prize before.

guruwan2b
December 23rd, 2006, 8:54am
If you win early in a sweep that runs for a year, then you have to wait till it is over, you can be waiting a long time.
Depending on the JA, it can take anywhere from 2 to 6 months for affy's, prize notification or the actual prize.

Congrats on the win!

Flippy
December 23rd, 2006, 9:05am
win from Life and Style in mid-September. Still waiting. :)

retellingstories
December 23rd, 2006, 9:17am
Bizarre. I'm still waiting for a few that have taken more than 4 months, but that was due to an instant where to sweep lasted half a year.

Congrats on your win.

Luana2sea
December 23rd, 2006, 9:30am
I'm Good at waiting. :gift:

fiend
December 23rd, 2006, 9:37am
16-20 weeks

MisConduckt
December 23rd, 2006, 9:39am
6-8 weeks...still waiting on two from June...guess they arent coming...oh well :)

Marilyn
December 23rd, 2006, 10:28am
five months...but it was worth the wait.

peachis
December 23rd, 2006, 10:37am
stilll waiting on the V for Vendetta ipod nano :frown3:

Susan
December 23rd, 2006, 10:38am
VH1 told me it would be a couple of months before I got the car I won. To me, a couple is two but I ended up waiting from February 1 to Sept 29 - almost eight months. It was worth the wait - love my new ride! :cheer7:

IndyWinner
December 23rd, 2006, 10:42am
Redbook says six months, but it doesn't always take that long, it depends on the sponsor.

Melpomeme7
December 23rd, 2006, 3:39pm
I won $5000 and was told 8-10 weeks from the time my affy was approved. I overnighted the affy to them the next day but of course it took them almost four weeks to finally email me to say my win had been approved (they had stated I would hear back in two weeks).

So, I was assuming 8-10 from the date I received the email stating my win was approved. It has now been 12 weeks from that date (and 4 1/2 months since I was notified of the win) and nothing. But, we are talking about Eprize so I might be waiting alot longer. They are claiming that they are trying to secure the prize from the sponsor.

Janir
December 24th, 2006, 5:42am
I'm Good at waiting. :gift:

Me, too! I've had fulfillment times all over, from a few days to many many months. I don't care, as long as I know it's coming! My car win (when I was a newbie), took 3 months, I thought THAT was a long time, but now as a vet I realize that was pretty quick. I waited 13 months for a Smith & Hawkens basket, 12 months for a laptop. On the other hand my really big wins have come lickety-split!

I'm still waiting on a Hawaii vacation, that one has been since Jan 2004! But actually it's a good thing, very complicated but I have a feeling I'm eventually going to be offered a cash alternative.

I'm only ho-hum about Hawaii anyway, I would much prefer the $$$!

kahalaave
December 24th, 2006, 5:56am
well its been 7 mths so far and im still waiting :worry:

jrstattooedgurl
December 24th, 2006, 6:53am
I won an iPod shuffle in June and after at least 1 email a month to the company I recieved it overnighted last week :sleep2:

lapaulaf
December 24th, 2006, 7:06am
I got a suprise win from Redbook the other day, a basket of FrizzEze products, that said I had won in May. I didn't even know i was waiting and it was a long time. lol, but it was a nice suprise. :gift:

Conan_Librarian
December 26th, 2006, 1:11pm
This is just the first time I've been TOLD to expect such a long wait. Oh, well...it's a $1,400 Grand Prize, so I'll be patient.

callen
December 26th, 2006, 1:31pm
Still waiting on an August prize from Seventeen. Not really expecting it to show.