PDA

View Full Version : Dh found out what it is like to be a winner!

cindy711
December 22nd, 2006, 9:26pm
I have never seen him so happy...all over a contest at a local gas station!

My Dh's local morning coffee stop is a convienence gas station with a subway restraunt in it.
Every morning for years he has been stopping there for coffee and we sometimes eat at the Subway there.

Several times my two sons and i have stopped and gotten Subway sandwiches this month. On the wall near where you order there has been "the worlds largest Christmas Stocking" hanging on the wall. It's filled with toys. My boys have examined it and the three of us have had several conversations about it. i figured it was just for sale but never paid any attention to it.

Well, tonight my Dh comes busting through the door dragging this thing behind him yelling look at this! i started to get mad because I was thinking he bought it and i could only imagine how much it cost! Turns out he WON it :smile9:

I didn't realize that for over a month he has been entering at least 10 times a day on slips of paper. He stopped in this morning and entered again. the manager jokingly told him to stick around and she would draw the name out. As he was laughing and walking out the door she mixed up the jar and drew HIS NAME!

he tells me has has entered this christmas drawing for years! Today was the day!

His exact words were "I am so tickled I won" LOL

My children are going to die when the see a 7 foot stocking Christmas morning!

:cheer7:

I told him he now understands my new addiction to entering contests!

Luana2sea
December 22nd, 2006, 9:34pm
I've always tryed for those large stocking sweeps! Congrats to him :jump:

tamiwami
December 22nd, 2006, 9:34pm
I won a big stocking like that from a bank one year. I was the last person to enter and they drew right from the top. :cheer7:

CONGRATS to your DH. Maybe he will start sweeping now. :gift:

mommie-sweep
December 22nd, 2006, 9:35pm
That is so great, thanks for sharing.

AmberMoon
December 22nd, 2006, 9:37pm
Awsome win.... hubby is now a offical sweeper :toot:

MistyNoMore
December 22nd, 2006, 9:38pm
I love those big stockings!! I've want one ever since I was a little kid. When my mom worked at UPS in the 80's they would have these HUGE Christmas parties at the colleseum where the Shrine Circus usually is held. They'd have clowns and make baloons and all KIDS of stuff. Then, The would draw for big gifts on the main stage. My mom won an expensive knife set once. LOL. But, the best part was that as you were leaving...every kids got one of those 9 inch or so sized stockings stuffed with candy!!! So, noone left empyhended. Thos parties were 25 or more years ago and I remember it like yeaterday.

I guess that's what it's like for you guys winning that ENORMOUS stocking!!! What a thrill! :gvibes: :gvibes:

crazy2winstuff
December 22nd, 2006, 9:40pm
Ha! Ha! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

kimkij
December 22nd, 2006, 9:49pm
I'm tickled for him and your kids!

pandka
December 22nd, 2006, 9:57pm
Funny story. I'm glad he won!

kathytracey
December 22nd, 2006, 10:03pm
Good for him. Sometimes I think other people need to win to understand the satisfaction us sweepers get out of our wins. :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

Maineiac
December 22nd, 2006, 10:37pm
Beautiful!!!!! Congrats to him, your kids are going to be psyched! :cheer7:

Peg152
December 22nd, 2006, 10:50pm
Congratulations to DH on a sweet win for his part as SANTA to the kids!

llangeve
December 23rd, 2006, 12:23am
WOW that sounds so awesome!! Congrats!

Motownmama
December 23rd, 2006, 12:36am
Sounds like you've got a convert on your hands. I guess you'll have to share your computer so he can enter sweeps as well!!

Your kids will have a wonderful surprise waiting for them on Christmas morning!!

allycat
December 23rd, 2006, 12:45am
Yeah for your hubby!! He sounds like a keeper. Congratulations to him and to your family for getting to enjoy that stocking. This will be a Christmas memory you'll cherish (and smile about) for many years! :)

HSXJedi
December 23rd, 2006, 12:48am
Very cool - congrats !! :cheer7:

Twinkles
December 23rd, 2006, 2:41am
WooHooo! Congrats to your hubby!! :jump:
Happy Holidays!

sunnyshone
December 23rd, 2006, 2:56am
Where are ya going to hide such a big stocking? My kids can find a needle if they know there is a gift hiding somewhere.

cindy711
December 23rd, 2006, 8:47am
Hiding it is a problem...When DH came home he thought the kids were still at school and about blew it! We stuffed it in the trunk of my car but it is so big it barely fit. :laugh:

clebar
December 23rd, 2006, 8:51am
Congratulations!!!

Abohemia
December 23rd, 2006, 8:56am
what an awesome story...! The kids are gonna go nuts! :jump: :cheer7: Congrats!

retellingstories
December 23rd, 2006, 9:13am
Cute! Congrats to DH!

jproselin
December 23rd, 2006, 9:17am
Congrats to DH. I remember seeing stockings like those in Woolworth's when I was a kid. Always wanted one. They looked so cool. Your kids will love it.

rosieag
December 23rd, 2006, 9:18am
funny, good for him, congratulations

MisConduckt
December 23rd, 2006, 9:31am
Kewl..now that is a good thing to win at Christmas...enjoy :gift:

SillyLilly
December 23rd, 2006, 3:12pm
Wow, very cool! So, what's in it? :laugh:

gcomstock
December 23rd, 2006, 3:26pm
Winning a prize from a local business you frequently visit...comfy!

Treating your kids to a present that dreams are made of....heartwarming!

His exact words were "I am so tickled I won"

.......Priceless!

waawab
December 23rd, 2006, 3:28pm
congrats
:cheer7:

chris73
December 23rd, 2006, 3:41pm
Congrats to your Dh and Happy Holidays..

Wontpayretail23
December 23rd, 2006, 3:59pm
Thats such a cute story. Congrats to your family :)

dementeddoll
December 23rd, 2006, 3:59pm
omg thats awesome. whats funny is that we bought one today!! for 12 at spencers!! its so nice and fluffy!!

Suesur
December 23rd, 2006, 4:12pm
AWESOME!!

Merry Christmas!!