PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody received their Macaroni Grill Gift Certificates?

SurferGirl
December 22nd, 2006, 4:58pm
I realize eprize can be slow. In my personal experience, though, they haven't been this slow. I was hoping to use a certificate or 2 for holiday entertaining, so I have been watching my mailbox even more than usual. There were lots of OLS winners, so anybody??

grandmap
December 22nd, 2006, 5:39pm
No word yet. I too was hoping that they would come before Christmas to use as gifts. May have to give an IOU!!

alycep06
December 22nd, 2006, 5:46pm
they said 6- 8 weeks about 4 weeks ago so we still have time to wait-did not expect them in 2006..........

SurferGirl
December 27th, 2006, 8:35pm
Thanks Alyce! My winning email did not mention the 6-8 weeks. I will try to learn patience.

SurferGirl
January 9th, 2007, 12:10pm
OK, it has been more than 8 weeks now. Has anybody received theirs?

alycep06
January 11th, 2007, 11:35am
:worry: I sent them an email over a wek ago which has gone unanswered...............

alycep06
January 11th, 2007, 7:30pm
just got this today........

"Congratulations on your recent win in the Macaroni Grill 100 Millionth glass of wine sweeps! We have received your affidavit of eligibility and approved your win. You will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after the approval of your win.

Thanks,

ePrize Customer Service"

So is that 8-10 weeks more? or from the Nov date when I sent my affy in?

llangeve
January 11th, 2007, 10:19pm
just got this today........

"Congratulations on your recent win in the Macaroni Grill 100 Millionth glass of wine sweeps! We have received your affidavit of eligibility and approved your win. You will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after the approval of your win.

Thanks,

ePrize Customer Service"

So is that 8-10 weeks more? or from the Nov date when I sent my affy in?

I would say that would mean 8-10 more weeks since it says approval of the win. Congrats though!! Great win!

SurferGirl
January 12th, 2007, 10:11pm
Thanks Alycep06! I'll send them an email too so I can at least get confirmation that my win is approved.

OKgirl
February 1st, 2007, 12:41am
Anyone get their gift cards yet? I can't claim this on my taxes unless they send me my prize and 1099. :rolleyes:

ele
February 1st, 2007, 1:04am
:frown3: I'm worried that I won't get this awesome win - sent an email and let's hope we hear back soon!

wackydackydoo
February 1st, 2007, 8:09am
No, not yet; but this prize is coming through Eprize, so this is nothing unusual. I wouldn't worry about not receiving it. If no one else has gotten theirs, it just means they haven't started to fulfill them. So far, the longest I've had to wait for a prize from them is six months. So, this doesn't phase me at all. I'm not worrying about it.

tld911
February 1st, 2007, 8:18am
No...I just got my notification last week. It will be worth the wait :gvibes:

timmy06
February 1st, 2007, 8:27am
still waiting

sarasandy
February 3rd, 2007, 3:08pm
I'm still waiting too--hope everything went through o.k.

SurferGirl
February 12th, 2007, 5:43pm
Got one today! Apparently they will come once a month.

sueellison
February 12th, 2007, 5:55pm
I received one today also. :cheer7:

OKgirl
February 12th, 2007, 5:56pm
I didn't get one today. :cry: I'm worried, since I moved after I won this sweep. I'm gonna be so upset if they deliver to my old address and I never get them.

Glojean
February 12th, 2007, 6:31pm
I received mine today, so they're coming !! Enjoy !

CaneNole
February 12th, 2007, 7:55pm
Mine came today too! :yum: The yellow envelope was in with the regular mail. The letter said this was my first $50 GC and that I would receive one every month for the next 11 months.

OKgirl
February 15th, 2007, 1:21pm
I got one today! :cheer7: Sooo happy. It was forwarded from my last address (I moved Dec 1st) and since they only send one a month for 12 months, I'm wondering..how long after a person moves does the post office forward your mail to your new address? Hopefully I will receive all of mine, I did email eprize twice since moving, but no response so not sure if they'll update my address or not.

wackydackydoo
February 15th, 2007, 1:31pm
I got one today! :cheer7: Sooo happy. It was forwarded from my last address (I moved Dec 1st) and since they only send one a month for 12 months, I'm wondering..how long after a person moves does the post office forward your mail to your new address? Hopefully I will receive all of mine, I did email eprize twice since moving, but no response so not sure if they'll update my address or not.

Mail forwarding is good for one year.

OKgirl
February 15th, 2007, 1:34pm
If eprize doesn't update my address then I'll miss out on 2 gift cards. Oh well. :laugh:
I know this question has been asked but I'm still confused...is this good at Chili's? I'd LOVE it if it were because I can take my husband there for our anniversary on Feb 19th. The nearest Macaroni Grill is in OKC about an hour and a half away.

I'm so excited, this was my biggest win so far! I may try to trade or sell a few but I'll definitely get use out of a couple of them. :cheer7:

wackydackydoo
February 15th, 2007, 1:42pm
If eprize doesn't update my address then I'll miss out on 2 gift cards. Oh well. :laugh:
I know this question has been asked but I'm still confused...is this good at Chili's? I'd LOVE it if it were because I can take my husband there for our anniversary on Feb 19th. The nearest Macaroni Grill is in OKC about an hour and a half away.

I'm so excited, this was my biggest win so far! I may try to trade or sell a few but I'll definitely get use out of a couple of them. :cheer7:

No, it's not good at Chili's. The back of the card says that it's only good at any Macaroni Grill location in the U.S.

OKgirl
February 15th, 2007, 8:01pm
No, it's not good at Chili's. The back of the card says that it's only good at any Macaroni Grill location in the U.S.

I just now called the number on the back of the card and talked to a customer service rep. and asked if it was good at other locations and she said Yes, it is good at Chili's, On The Border, and some other places. (Little hard to understand her, sounded like she's from India.) But anyway I'm getting a few different stories, lol. Guess there is only one way to find out. Maybe I'll try to take my husband to Chili's for our Anniversary in a couple of days.

wackydackydoo
February 16th, 2007, 7:16am
See what happens, but I wouldn't put too much trust in what a customer service representative says. More times than not, they have no idea what they are talking about. Like any other gift card, coupon, etc., I would think the card would list all locations available to use the card at; but it only states "any Macaroni Grill". :gvibes:

shoppinqueen
February 16th, 2007, 8:03am
See what happens, but I wouldn't put too much trust in what a customer service representative says. More times than not, they have no idea what they are talking about. Like any other gift card, coupon, etc., I would think the card would list all locations available to use the card at; but it only states "any Macaroni Grill". :gvibes:

Chili's is part of the Macaroni grill family and that gc oughta be just fine to be used there.The OP should just call call her local chili's and confirm this for her peace of mind.

OKgirl
February 16th, 2007, 1:01pm
Chili's is part of the Macaroni grill family and that gc oughta be just fine to be used there.The OP should just call call her local chili's and confirm this for her peace of mind.

I called Chili's last night and asked them..the guy did say Chili's is the same corporation or whatever as Macaroni Grill, so it should be ok. But he didn't know for sure, I guess I'd have to either ask their manager or physically go there and let them see.

I would trust a customer service rep. over a person online anyday. Afterall they do work for the company. Guess I shoulda done some digging first before asking this question on here.

melonhed
February 16th, 2007, 1:18pm
My first card is spent and dead......OKGirl...I may conduct an experiment with the second one at Chilis or OTB and see if the honor it. The card does say good at Macaroni grill but I dont remember it saying "only good at MG". :sherlock:

OKgirl
February 16th, 2007, 1:22pm
My first card is spent and dead......OKGirl...I may conduct an experiment with the second one at Chilis or OTB and see if the honor it. The card does say good at Macaroni grill but I dont remember it saying "only good at MG". :sherlock:

Good point, I noticed that too. "Good at any Romano's Macaroni Grill in the continental US". Maybe they just didn't have room to put all of the other places its good at. Did you enjoy your first gift card? I've never been to the Macaroni Grill before. :smile9:

Glojean
February 16th, 2007, 1:38pm
Here's what I found as far as restaurants belonging to the same chain:

Macaroni Grill is owned and operated by Dallas-based Brinker International, which owns, operates or franchises more than 1,200 restaurants under the names Romano's Macaroni Grill, Chili's Grill & Bar, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, Cozymel's Coastal Mexican Grill, Maggiano's Little Italy, Corner Bakery Cafe, Big Bowl, Rockfish Seafood Grill, and EatZi's Market and Bakery.

How nice it would be if the gc could be used at any of these restaurants.

melonhed
February 16th, 2007, 2:43pm
Good point, I noticed that too. "Good at any Romano's Macaroni Grill in the continental US". Maybe they just didn't have room to put all of the other places its good at. Did you enjoy your first gift card? I've never been to the Macaroni Grill before. :smile9:
Indeed. :cloud9: We took hubby's P's and pigged out for lunch. We decided with one of the next cards we are gonna do appetizers, salad and dessert. :cheer7:

Trios23
February 22nd, 2007, 8:42pm
Hi Everyone. I have a $500 gc to CVS. Would anyone be willing to trade with me? Let me know.........Thanks. PM me please. :smile9:

OKgirl
February 28th, 2007, 11:00pm
Here's what I found as far as restaurants belonging to the same chain:

Macaroni Grill is owned and operated by Dallas-based Brinker International, which owns, operates or franchises more than 1,200 restaurants under the names Romano's Macaroni Grill, Chili's Grill & Bar, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, Cozymel's Coastal Mexican Grill, Maggiano's Little Italy, Corner Bakery Cafe, Big Bowl, Rockfish Seafood Grill, and EatZi's Market and Bakery.

How nice it would be if the gc could be used at any of these restaurants.

My husband and I just went to Chili's tonight and used our Macaroni Grill gift card. :cheer7: So its good at Chili's...at least here it is. :) Sooo happy.

shellyfrc
March 4th, 2007, 4:00pm
Beware Romano's gc winners!!! We just rcvd our 2nd $50 gc & we went to Romano's , when we tried to pay with it we were told the card was inactive! Had to pay for meal ourselves, I called the 800# on back of gc & was told the card had never been activated. I have emailed Brinker int'l ( they own Romano's) & will call them when they open tomorrow. Might want to check your gc balance before going out to eat!!!!

sueellison
March 4th, 2007, 8:41pm
Beware Romano's gc winners!!! We just rcvd our 2nd $50 gc & we went to Romano's , when we tried to pay with it we were told the card was inactive! Had to pay for meal ourselves, I called the 800# on back of gc & was told the card had never been activated. I have emailed Brinker int'l ( they own Romano's) & will call them when they open tomorrow. Might want to check your gc balance before going out to eat!!!!

I just called the 800# on mine and it hasn't been activated either.

OKgirl
March 4th, 2007, 11:04pm

That stinks..thanks for the heads up. Please update here when you hear from Ramono's so we know what to do if it is inactive. :frown3:

gigi
March 4th, 2007, 11:30pm
thanks we have received 2 but not used yet.

CaneNole
March 5th, 2007, 9:09am
I just called the 800 # too and the 2nd card that I received has not been activated :( You would think that this might have happened with the 1st card that was sent out......not the 2nd one. Hope they get this straighted out soon.

Glojean
March 5th, 2007, 10:40am
I received my second gc today, so looks like they are coming the 1st of the month. What a great deal !!! And, I called the # on the back of the card and they did tell me that the cards are good at all of the Brinker's restaurants i.e. Chili's, etc.

jjarvis
March 5th, 2007, 12:02pm
I received my first one today and it was not activated. :worry2:

shellyfrc
March 6th, 2007, 1:26pm
Update on inactive gc's. Spoke with Brinker Int'l & they were very apologetic for the error & said problem has been fixed. I checked & my card is now active. Everyone else's should be but you might want to check before going out to eat! If you need to contact them here's the #972-980-9917(that's the corporate office in Texas). Happy eating to all the other winners!!

CaneNole
March 6th, 2007, 1:40pm
Thanks Shellyfrc :gvibes: ! That was so nice of you to share the updated info! I just now called the 800 # again and my card is now active! Glad they got everything straightened out so quickly. Thanks again for the follow-up! OLS members are the best!! :cheer3:

tld911
March 6th, 2007, 1:52pm
Just got my 1st gift certificate on Saturday March 3rd....

lustman02
March 7th, 2007, 7:51am
I have received my 2nd card already. I won 12 cards 1 each month for 12 months.

Great prize.

Jim

Reverie
March 7th, 2007, 1:54pm
Received the second one, too, and both were activated.

They don't say "only" Macaroni Grill. They are valid at all Brinker restaurants: Romano's Macaroni Grill, Chili's Grill & Bar, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, Cozymel's Coastal Mexican Grill, Maggiano's Little Italy, Corner Bakery Cafe, Big Bowl, Rockfish Seafood Grill, and EatZi's Market and Bakery.