PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Degeneres 12 days of Christmas

brushes
December 21st, 2006, 8:32pm
One woman won all 12 days. How can that be? It was a a dailey prize Mon - Fri. Something isn't right here.

SillyLilly
December 21st, 2006, 9:09pm
Where did u find the winners? Cuz I don't see them posted for days 10, 11 or 12.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/fun/12days/day1.html

And what's the name of That Woman? :laugh:

sweepnut
December 21st, 2006, 9:11pm
NO WAY!!!! Is her name Ellen??? LOL!

I've got to check this out, that just isn't right!

Edited: I just checked, it lists all different women, just a couple of different Barbaras.

hudson9610
December 21st, 2006, 9:16pm
She was on the show for day twelve she didnt even know she was going to win them until Elen told her.It was really a ggod show

angie79
December 21st, 2006, 9:19pm
There was the daily one with a lot of winners, and then she picked one person to win all of it too.

BEARHUGS65
December 21st, 2006, 9:20pm
too lazy to look in the expired but she called a woman one day and gave her all the days and a trip to la which she was on the last CHristmas show- she was from the east coast I believe but she did give away all to at least one person, I saw she called a few people and they went to answering and she told them they missed out on a big opportunity in life without saying hi this is ellen and then hung up...but she did give one lady on one of the earlier days all the prizes...I posted the name as soon as they said she had won and called her but like I said too lazy to do a search- why would they cheat so silly

Nana*2*4
December 21st, 2006, 9:30pm
There were 2 woman that were awarded all of the prizes for the 12 days. They were called special by Ellen and one lady from North Carolina was on the show

Jerrysgirl
December 21st, 2006, 9:50pm
What???? You've got to be jokin'...right????

brushes
December 21st, 2006, 10:05pm
here is the url and on the right you can click to see the video
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/fun/12days/

I am really miffed about this.

Tinkerbell
December 21st, 2006, 10:25pm
Ok, I don't get it. I thought it was stated that it was a daily, and in addition at least 1 winner would get all the prizes from the 12 days. And I think actually maybe 2 people received all the gifts from the 12 days. Since this was in addition to the daily winners, why are people miffed? What did I miss?

BEARHUGS65
December 21st, 2006, 10:30pm
brushes why are you miffed, if it would have been you you would have been happy, be happy for the person. Ellen still gave away 25 prizes to others each day it took nothing away..I think its awesome when she does that

SouthernFrydYank
December 21st, 2006, 10:50pm
I agree bearhugs. I think it was awesome that Ellen blessed ppl will all those gifts.

brushes
December 22nd, 2006, 10:51am
Maybe I misunderstood.l I thought instead of a winner everyday they changed the rules and picked 2 people instead to get everything. I am not upset that someone else won. Heck, Good luck to them, but I don't like rule changes in the middle of a sweep. If I am mistaken and there were daily winners, than all is good.

BEARHUGS65
December 22nd, 2006, 12:18pm
there were still winners evryday besides a few all winners- I think ellen is awesome- no I have never won squat but love watching her show- she makes you laugh and forget about all the crap even if its for a little while

Susan
December 22nd, 2006, 12:31pm
I think she gave away 25 of each daily prize - you can see the winner lists for Days 1-9 from the link you posted. The winners for days 10-12 hadn't been posted yet, last time I checked.

So, in addition to those 300 lucky winners there were also two ( I believe ) additional people that benefitted from Ellen's generosity by receiving each of the prizes from all twelve days!!!!

Sorry you didn't win - neither did I, but hey! There's always next year, right?!?!? :gvibes:

Suesur
December 22nd, 2006, 12:32pm
brushes why are you miffed, if it would have been you you would have been happy, be happy for the person. Ellen still gave away 25 prizes to others each day it took nothing away..I think its awesome when she does that

I so agree! Ditto! Wish it would of been me she called! Helloooooooooooooooooo :cheer7:

brushes
December 22nd, 2006, 3:11pm
Thank you susitravl, :smile9: I missed seeing that. I feel better now. :)

Bassoon2
December 22nd, 2006, 5:38pm
how do we know who won days 10 11 12?

kherb43
December 22nd, 2006, 6:15pm
I have been going to the website everyday to see who won on days 10, 11, and 12. It is driving me crazy! I wish they would post it!

Susan
December 22nd, 2006, 6:28pm
Thank you susitravl, :smile9: I missed seeing that. I feel better now. :)

You're welcome, brushes - I'm glad you feel better. :gvibes:

Bassoon2
December 22nd, 2006, 6:52pm
I suppose if we WON we would know, wouldnt we? :frown3:

Bassoon2
December 22nd, 2006, 6:55pm

SillyLilly
December 22nd, 2006, 6:59pm

I was wondering that too. How were people notified?

Fins2thrite
December 23rd, 2006, 3:49am
I got a call on Day 11 that I was a Day 10 winner. I was notified by phone. Can't think of the guys name, but he asked to verify my email address and to verify my address. He also asked if I could try to fax back the release thingy by that day so they could get my stuff out before they went on hiatus (which is why they are running repeats and have not updated winning list). He said if I didn't get my release fax backed by that day, they would send stuff upon their return.

chupacabra
December 23rd, 2006, 6:47am
I got a call on Day 11 that I was a Day 10 winner. I was notified by phone. Can't think of the guys name, but he asked to verify my email address and to verify my address. He also asked if I could try to fax back the release thingy by that day so they could get my stuff out before they went on hiatus (which is why they are running repeats and have not updated winning list). He said if I didn't get my release fax backed by that day, they would send stuff upon their return.

I'm very happy and feel very fortunate to have won on one of the days, but I must say I'm a little disappointed with the way the prize fulfillment is being handled on this one. I came home one evening to find about $1,000 worth of stuff sitting on my front porch.(According to Fed-Ex tracking, it was sitting there for 5 hours.) Obviously, there was no signature confirmation and the prizes were just placed in a box with no packing material. The box was pretty beat up, but luckily, the items survived. There was also no sign of the most expensive prize. So now I don't know if it will be shipped separately or if they were so rushed that they forgot to add it. It might have even been stolen from my front porch if it was in a separate box. There's just no way to know without a packing slip.

Mr. Green doesn't seem to respond to email, so I'll just wait until they get back from hiatus and see what happens. It's great that they wanted to get prizes to people before Christmas, but I'd rather they took the time to ship things properly. One week I have to waste my time waiting around to sign for a $6 toothbrush and the next they leave $1,000 worth of stuff in plain view. You just never know what to expect in the sweepstakes world. :frown3:

AlliesMom
December 23rd, 2006, 7:02am
Mr. Green doesn't seem to respond to email, so I'll just wait until they get back from hiatus and see what happens. It's great that they wanted to get prizes to people before Christmas, but I'd rather they took the time to ship things properly. One week I have to waste my time waiting around to sign for a $6 toothbrush and the next they leave $1,000 worth of stuff in plain view. You just never know what to expect in the sweepstakes world. :frown3:
So sorry about that Mike. I'd be mad if all that money sat on my porch too! :gvibes: