PDA

View Full Version : POLL:Won a daily? How many times did you enter?

BabyLeaps
December 21st, 2006, 7:58pm
There was some discussion awhile back about whether entering every day might actually hurt your chances with some sweeps with daily entries. There was a variety of opinions, but I was curious---if you have won a daily for more than $100, how many times did you enter? If you've won more than one, just please answer for your highest valued prize.

secular
December 21st, 2006, 11:57pm
Never won a daily prize that wasn't an instant.

dovie
December 22nd, 2006, 12:10am
The highest daily prize I won was $4000 and I entered 7 or 8 times- it ran for several months. :fairy2: I have won several others of varying amounts- and it all depends on the time I have and the motivation, some only once, some several times and some of the shorter ones most days. If a sponsor allows daily entries they cannot by law discriminate against those who enter according to their rules, so I wouldn't worry about that. I also believe that all it takes is one but the more you enter the better your odds of hitting the right time or getting your name drawn out of the proverbial hat. Good luck to you whatever you decide. :gvibes: :fairy4: :gvibes:

BabyLeaps
December 22nd, 2006, 12:13am
The highest daily prize I won was $4000 and I entered 7 or 8 times-
That's how my largest win was too--$5000 trip and 7 entries.

broncosnut
December 22nd, 2006, 12:15am
Everything I've won over $100 has been from a one-time entry. :smile9:

So I guess I can't help you out on this poll.... :laugh2:

Globug_47
December 22nd, 2006, 12:19am
I've won 2 sweeps in just a month. One was a daily and the other was one entry only.

One has run all year long and was for $500 GC. I have something like only 70 entires in it. What's funny is that I didn't get lucky with it until I moved to Las Vegas, because that's the new address that they had for me.

The only that was only one entry.... ran for just a very short period of time.

Simplyme
December 22nd, 2006, 12:31am
Won a trip to Vegas ARV $4000 from a daily that ran for one month, I entered every day.

occ1956
December 22nd, 2006, 12:38am
I won a trip to Aspen sponsored by Nissan this last year. I entered it 184 times over a period of months. Strangely I was really entering it to win a gc to a sporting goods store for my son-in-law. Never really thought about the trip, but it as fantastic!

Jean in Southern Illnois

"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!"

Janir
December 22nd, 2006, 12:46am
I'm not keen on the dailies, way too much competition. Yes, it CAN happen, but not likely.

Honestly I don't think I've ever won a biggie from a daily....

SNAIL dailies, yes, onlines NO!

Susan
December 22nd, 2006, 12:47am
VH1 Go Big or Go Home - lasted from Nov 16 till Dec 18.

I entered 26 times, through OLS, and won $8,000 AND a 2006 Chevy HHR, arv $26,500.

VH1 is one that calls the winner and if after 3 days, if the don't reach you, they move on. Took them from Dec 19 till Feb 1, when I answered my cell phone at 3:30 pm, to find the winner.

I also won a $6,500 trip to Disneyland from AOL in 2004 - no idea how many times I entered that. There was an instant portion on that one, so I'm sure I entered every day for however long it lasted.

Love my dailies!

pteilman
December 22nd, 2006, 12:50am
I won a daily entering only once, for Smartwool socks from RSN!

kahalaave
December 22nd, 2006, 12:57am
it was a daily and i entered once & won a trip worth $6000 and it was not an online-before i entered sweeps on here

wackydackydoo
December 22nd, 2006, 6:41am
Every single day unless we're out for the day or on vacation. LOTS and LOTS of prizes--BIG ones included.

BabyLeaps
December 22nd, 2006, 12:17pm
VH1 Go Big or Go Home - lasted from Nov 16 till Dec 18.

I entered 26 times, through OLS, and won $8,000 AND a 2006 Chevy HHR, arv $26,500.

VH1 is one that calls the winner and if after 3 days, if the don't reach you, they move on. Took them from Dec 19 till Feb 1, when I answered my cell phone at 3:30 pm, to find the winner.

I also won a $6,500 trip to Disneyland from AOL in 2004 - no idea how many times I entered that. There was an instant portion on that one, so I'm sure I entered every day for however long it lasted.

Love my dailies!
WOW--Fabulous wins! Thank you for sharing the details on those. It certainly helps inspire! :)

Looking at the poll results certainly surprised me. I know their isn't a huge response, but I was surprised the winners ranged so evenly across the number of entries sent in.

melanie188
December 22nd, 2006, 12:22pm
Interesting poll, but I have never won a dailey that I can recall.

venus_de_milo
December 22nd, 2006, 12:32pm
It ran for almost 2 months, I entered daily, and won a Mini Cooper Convertible. That was summer of 2005. I've won lots of dailies where I entered daily.

Alluringheart
December 22nd, 2006, 12:35pm
I won the Burger King soccer thing, and had only enterd twice. It is valued at 200.00. That is the first daily I have won (except for a few instant wins).

*Harriett*
December 22nd, 2006, 12:43pm
It depends on if the daily entry has a daily drawing.

I usually enter once at the beginning and once at the end. Unless it is real short or a prize that I really want.

If there is a daily drawing then I try to enter those everyday.

speedysweeper
December 22nd, 2006, 12:51pm
My biggest wins have been from instants and those I definitely do every day.

bigskwinner
December 22nd, 2006, 12:52pm
i prefer dailys myself
if the contest is a month long, i enter every day
most will say your odds are better when you enter every day
so basically 90% of my wins come from daily entries, and the rest are single entries
since oct i've been averaging about 3 wins a week

bdsweetie
December 22nd, 2006, 12:53pm
I rarely win daiies. When I do I usually have enter 30-50+ times

sweepsfreak
December 22nd, 2006, 12:54pm
I won a 10K trip to LA from a daily. I entered it 17 times.

marthajane
December 22nd, 2006, 12:57pm
Last year (2005) I won $1200 worth of gas cards from Citgo -- entered 22 times, I think.

Wontpayretail23
December 22nd, 2006, 1:06pm
I entered daily, and won a Mini Cooper Convertible
I guess I'll keep doing my dailys! :smile9:

janess
December 22nd, 2006, 1:20pm
I've won dailies with one entry.

Unless there is a chance of winning a daily or instant prize, I don't feel entering everyday is really necessary. I feel as long as I get my name in the drawing at least once that's good enough.

:gvibes:

Luckypat35
December 22nd, 2006, 2:07pm
Your post came just in time. I won my first daily. I entered it almost daily. I won a bottle of Techno tea. Break out the china lol. Its a start. I was hoping for the laptop. :gvibes: :halo:

There was some discussion awhile back about whether entering every day might actually hurt your chances with some sweeps with daily entries. There was a variety of opinions, but I was curious---if you have won a daily for more than $100, how many times did you enter? If you've won more than one, just please answer for your highest valued prize.

trendmaven
December 22nd, 2006, 2:13pm
I entered 4 times on my last daily. Come to think of it, that may be my only daily win!

Adrianita
December 22nd, 2006, 2:17pm
my biggest win was a daily that is still running and i only entered once.

cman
December 22nd, 2006, 11:51pm
I won the diamond is forever contest and malibu rum contest by entering daily. However, there was a winner from every state in each contest.

Miki
December 22nd, 2006, 11:53pm
Never won a daily, I don't think that Vegas one was. If it was I only entered it a few times.

Melpomeme7
December 23rd, 2006, 1:45am
I just received a telephone call last week letting me know that I had won a prize valued at $11,600. The sweepstakes was a daily entry that lasted five months. I entered a total of 38 times.

This was by far my biggest win from a daily entry. In the past I have done much better with the 1x entries.

jacksgrl
December 23rd, 2006, 2:14am
Last month was my biggest "daily" win. I entered once so I was suprised to find out I won a 4GB Ipod Nano! :)

catlady13711
December 23rd, 2006, 2:29am
My biggest win ($2350) so far was a daily that I entered 40 times. My second biggest win ($1000) was a daily I entered 19 times. Both were premium sweeps, one is an ongoing one and I won them both within 2 weeks of each other.

SonyaD81
December 23rd, 2006, 3:07am
Just won my biggest daily. A 2007 Pontiac GT ARV $20k Entered 7 times. :cheer7:

MistyNoMore
December 23rd, 2006, 3:08am
Been sweeping 2 years and have never won a daily. I don't waste my time anymore. I enter every sweep once. Then, if I am bored and have time I might enter more.

flared0ne
December 27th, 2006, 4:43am
I have a folder full of my "daily" entries, and I sequence through it every day. EVERY day. I might miss one day a month... maybe two.

In the last three-four months I've won a $5000 Home Entertainment system from a Marriott daily sweep (arriving any day now); won a $2500 Disney package from an online daily via our local paper (four annual passes, two nights hotel on-premises, Christmas party tickets we used last week)... A $100 GC from Sara Lee... A S'mores maker from a Hershey sweep... A PC game from GameInformer... a book from TheCelebrityCafe... a whole handful of downloadable song codes from an instant daily by Pepperidge Farms...

"and those are just the chickens that have HATCHED already" -- there are a few more in the pipeline that I can't talk about.

Boy, I rarely sit down and try to tally it all up, but yeah, it piles up on you pretty quickly, eh?

Sweeping satisfies my obsessive/compulsive side, and helps me feel like I'm contributing around here, where I'm currently a full-time student and not the breadwinner I'm accustomed to being...

If it's a one-time entry, sure, okay, it's one time for everybody. But if it's a daily entry and you do it, say, three times while everybody else does it THIRTY times, the odds against you just got ten times worse... still better than zero probability, but the gut feel isn't good...

I admit, though, I draw the line at "creative presentations" where I would have to enter at ten-fifteen sites a day just to "stay even"...

Conan_Librarian
December 27th, 2006, 5:08am
I keep careful records of wins and more than 85% of the prizes came from dailies. I enter all my dailies everyday (barring technical problems). My top daily prize was a sweep that ran about 6 weeks.

Biggest Daily win was a trip to the Bahamas
Second largest Daily was a Tech prize that I am still waiting for the affy to arrive.

Largest prize ever, a trip, was from an essay contest. It's the only prize larger than the Bahamas trip.

theladyluck
December 27th, 2006, 5:48am
I've won several major prizes ($100 or more in value) in dailies. In no case had I entered more than 15 times, even though one of the sweeps was open for almost a year. I've also won quite a few smaller prizes in dailies, and in most of those I've probably entered between 5 and 15 times.

Except for instant-wins (which I try to do every day), I usually set my dailies up as sweeps to enter every 7 days (using Sweep!). That way I'm doing approximately one seventh of them every day, and I'm not overloaded with dailies to do on any one day.