PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prize Vegas Trip

bluetechsec
December 21st, 2006, 4:11pm
I received a notification from Eprize that I won the Grand Prize of a trip for 2 to Las Vegas and $1000, hotel, and a bunch of other stuff.
The sweepstakes appeared to be a gay sweep, which I did not realize before entering.

Anyways, I was sooo excited, 20 minutes later I received a message that said
"This email is in regard to the Come Out and Play Sweepstakes. On 12/21/06, an email was sent to your (my email) email address notifying you that you were the potential winner of the Grand Prize. Please note that this email was unfortunately sent in error due to a technical mistake by ePrize. As the drawing was previously conducted, you are not a potential winner.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this mistake may have caused you. Should you have any questions regarding this promotion or this occurrence, you may view the official rules at http://orbitz.eprize.net/comeoutandplay/?page=rules. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
ePrize Fulfillment Services
fulfillment@eprizefulfillment.com

The official rules state that the drawing was to be conducted on the day I received the email!
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?!?!?! Did I get Disqualified or what?

This is bad because I already called a few people to tell them....ughhhhhh

zohyeahz
December 21st, 2006, 4:20pm
Dang! That sucks!!

Jessica25
December 21st, 2006, 4:25pm
Since it says, "questions regarding this promotion or this occurrence" look at the rules.....

It makes me wonder if you didn't qualify based on the rules. I would read them carefully, and see if you met the eligibility.

If so, I would call them and ask, especially since they invited you to do so.

Are you 21 or over?

I am so sorry.....I can't imagine how disappointing this must be.

k

Full Monte Carlo
December 21st, 2006, 4:28pm
BIG time bummer, not this first time I have heard of something like this happening tho (hope that it never happens to me) So sorry Vegas is a blast, I would ask for an explanation as to how they could have nootified you and notified you not, the squeeky wheel gets the oil. GL

bluetechsec
December 21st, 2006, 4:30pm
I did qualify under all of the requirements.

My husband and I entered....
I wonder if that was the problem? (different emails)

It said one entry per email/person...

MzAttitude
December 21st, 2006, 4:34pm
Soooo sorry, that sux :|

bluetechsec
December 21st, 2006, 4:36pm
no per person means just that per person.. Email them back and ask, not sure if you will get a reply but try.
You said it was a gay sweep so were there any questions about that? i mean since you aren't could that be the DQ ?

I dont know I was hoping an experienced sweeper might have seen this before and may have a possible explanation.
All I know is something is strange about this...and I am really bummed out about it..

nvtribefan
December 21st, 2006, 4:40pm
That blows.

I almost never tell anyone about any wins. Unless it's a trip, even SO doesn't usually know about it until the package arrives.

ky2here
December 21st, 2006, 5:02pm
contact me or one of the many other GLBT OLSers. We'd LOVE to go!!!! :cheer10: :bdhat: :duck: :fairy2: :smile10: :smile10: :smile10:

peachis
December 21st, 2006, 5:51pm
could it be because you are married and its a singles trip(just guessing here don't know the sweeps)

secular
December 21st, 2006, 5:54pm
I don't think so peachis - it was this one:

Orbitz - Come Out and Play Sweepstakes premium
1x per person/email | home page | 5 notes link
Prize: 4-day/3-night trip for two to Las Vegas, NV; includes tickets to the Eiffel Tower Experience, tickets to Zumanity, and $1,000 spending money (ARV $4,500).
Comments: Trip must be completed the trip by December 18, 2007.
official rules archive | Open to residents of the 50 United States & D.C. 21+

Miki
December 21st, 2006, 6:06pm
Oh man, I am so sorry! I would contact them about this. They need to give you an explanation about this.