PDA

View Full Version : Signature Compliance - We're Going to Start Deleting

Pages : [1] 2

Brent
December 20th, 2006, 12:25am
Hi everybody,

There are a number of members who have signatures that do not follow our Signature Guidelines. The most common problems are signatures that 1) take up too much screen space (total space should be no larger than that of 5 lines of normal sized [size 2] text whether it contains images or not), 2) contain too many images (2 maximum are allowed) and 3) the total file size of the images is too large (all images must be no larger than 12kb in total).

I have recently added a note above the Edit Signature page that reads:

Please Note: Your Signature must be in compliance with the OLS Signature Guidelines (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209892) at all times. It is your responsibility. Offending Signatures may or may not receive a warning before being removed or deleted.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should have a signature that does not comply with our guidelines.

Starting within the next 24 - 48 hours, signatures that are blatantly not in compliance with our Signature Guidelines will be deleted without warning and without notice. If it's close, we'll either let it slide or send a PM asking for a change.

Now I know there are some people who feel that it is the moderators' responsibility to let them know if their signatures are out of compliance, however I do not subscribe to that philosophy.

It is the responsibility of each OLS member to ensure that their own signature is in compliance with our Signature Guidelines before they hit the Save Signature button.

Our moderators are volunteers. They have quite enough to do as it is without having to spend a large amount of their time sending out warning PMs to members whose signatures are clearly and blatantly out of compliance with our guidelines, making a point to check to ensure the offending signatures were edited to comply, deleting signatures that continue to not be in compliance, and deleting signatures from members who have already been warned multiple times.

Signatures are supposed to augment, not dominate the posts and threads in the forums. Huge signatures that contain large and often gaudy images detract from the usability of the forums, and can quite easily increase the amount of data required to download the pages several fold.

To give you an idea of how big 12kb (the maximum file size allowed for all signature images) is, the OLS logo is just over 6kb in size and the OLS home page html file is just 5kb while most of the other pages in the sweeps directory come in well under 10kb. The file sizes of the web pages are compressed, there's also external css and javascript files to consider, and the file sizes will be larger if you choose to have 50 sweeps listed per page instead of the default of 15. But the fact remains that OLS is a smoking fast web site because I have worked my tail off trying to keep everything as small and as efficient as possible.

The file sizes of the forum web pages are a little bit larger on their own, but when you add in all the avatars (maximum of 12kb), signature images (maximum of 12kb), smilies and other images often found in posts, and you consider that 15 posts are displayed per page by default, it's not hard to see the humongous difference all of the extra images can make in the time it takes for everyone's web browser to download and display each page.

The speed and usability of the OLS web site is very, very important to me. And I think the guidelines and limits we have in place for avatars and signature graphics are more than reasonable.

Pretty please with sugar on it, kindly ensure that your signature is in compliance with our Signature Guidelines.

As long as it's close (i.e. 13kb instead of 12kb), we're probably not going to worry about it. But some signatures contain images that are 2, 3 or more times the file size limit (12kb), take up 2 or more times the screen space limit (5 lines of normal sized text) or contain more than 2 images. Those are the signatures with which we are most concerned.

We are going to start deleting signatures that are blatantly not in compliance within 24 - 48 hours without warning and without notice.

It's not all bad news, lol. We're also going to increase the maximum width of signature images from 350 pixels to 420 pixels. 420 pixels will allow many of the customized signature banners that are floating around on the Internet today (e.g. countdown banners, pregnancy banners, etc.).

Thanks everyone.

Brent

Signature Guidelines
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1766651

Signatures
All registered members have the ability to automatically add a few lines of text and/or a graphic to the bottom of their posts with a signature.

Edit Signature: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature

All signatures must follow these guidelines:

A signature may contain a maximum of 2 images and/or smilies.
Images in signatures can be no larger than 100 pixels in height, 420 pixels in width and 12k in size. If your signature contains 2 graphics, their combined file size must be 12k or less.
Signatures should take up no more screen space than the equivalent of 5 lines of normal sized text (size=2) with a maximum of 90 characters per line. The screen space that your signature occupies includes all graphics and blank lines. Therefore, the bigger the graphic(s) in your signature, the less space you're going to have available for text. Use of a smaller font size (size=1) will allow you to squeeze in an extra line or two.
Font size should not exceed 3. Keep in mind, that the bigger font size will mean that your signature will take up more screen space which is still subject to the original space limitation of 5 lines of normal sized text (size=2).
You can provide a link to your web site and/or win page in your signature. However, affiliate and referral links through which you stand to gain monetarily are not allowed, this includes links to web pages that are mostly affiliate or referral links.
Referral links or vote for me requests for sweepstakes and contests are generally permissible (affiliate links and other links from which you stand to receive payment are generally not permissible), but the links must not be deceptive.
Signatures must also be in compliance with all other rules of the forums.

ShelliS2003
December 20th, 2006, 12:47am
I'm confused totally about how to tell the size of a picture. Is my siggy O.K.?

Brent
December 20th, 2006, 1:20am

Right-click over the image and select Properties. You'll see the file size as well as the dimension in pixels.

Your signature image is broken, meaning that the image either doesn't exist at the image URL or the server on which it's located is down. So no one can see the image or tell how large it is. Please try and fix the image or remove it until you can, broken images can cause long, unnecessary delays when a page it's on is downloaded.

Thanks.

Brent

Mendacious Moose
December 20th, 2006, 1:27am
If I had a delete button each time I saw a HUGE signature... :bwhip:

It's a shame that you and the mods have to waste your time dealing with this ongoing problem.

Good luck. :gvibes:

Trix
December 20th, 2006, 1:34am
Starting within the next 24 - 48 hours, signatures that are blatantly not in compliance with our Signature Guidelines will be deleted without warning and without notice.
Dun dun DUUUNNNNNNN!! :shocked2:

*furtively checks her sig image* :shhh:

fastfreddie1959
December 20th, 2006, 1:41am

350px--52px

1.11 KB (1135 bytes)

flared0ne
December 20th, 2006, 1:48am
Get out a marker (I strongly suggest a "Dry Erase" marker) or scotch tape or??

Go to a forum paragraph in normal sized text that runs for seven or eight lines, with
no smilies or BOLD or distinctive text formating.

---- (between THIS line of dashes)
- Put a fine line on a dash, or thru the center of an e... count that as a zero line
- then count down five lines and do it again. The distance between those two lines
- on your monitor is five normal-sized lines of text high, from the bottom of the
- bottom line of text to the top of the top line of text.
---- (and THIS line of dashes equals five lines high)

Use your scroll bar (to attempt, at least) to position a siggy between those two lines.
If you can't, the siggy in question is too big. Period.

------------------------

Oddly enough, the restrictions on graphics size and siggy sizes make perfect sense when explained in terms of download bandwidth and Brent working his buns off trying to keep OLS at a reliably high download speed... Particularly if you are lucky enough to have a cable modem with a reliable upper end available, any changes in download speed you see from site to site are based on limitations at the far end, very unlikely to have anything much to do with limitations on Your end of the wire. And I don't think I've noticed the main OLS pages ever even hesitating to load...

On the other hand, I also have a better understanding now of the limits (sometimes seemingly harsh) for commentary in the notes pages -- THOSE pages DO sometimes limp along in loading (even with no graphics, smilies, siggy's, etc)...
And notes pages are essentially embedded "browser windows" linking to web pages that have to load like any other page... And if we get too much extra 'stuff' posted there, things start to drag and slooow doowwn, and there goes Brent's numbers and his personal satisfaction rating, and then it all rolls downhill from there...

SeaDebi
December 20th, 2006, 1:52am
Thank you FlaredOne, this really helps. Now how do I get white-out off my screen? :laugh:

I'm kidding, Thank you so much. It looks like I am ok.

flared0ne
December 20th, 2006, 2:07am
since some people seem quite attached to the cute little monsters, but...

What about those images of "eggs" which say something cute about when they're going to "hatch" and/or turn into creatures that mention when they DID hatch... You realize that putting even ONE of those on an OLS webpage means that EVERYTIME that OLS webpage loads the current version of that image file has to be retrieved from (wherever those things are hosted)...

From a strictly paranoid viewpoint: if someone at the hosting site for those "eggs" wanted to capture statistics, they could probably get a pretty good idea exactly how much traffic OLS was getting on any forum page containing an "egg". On the other hand if that hosting site isn't run with quite the same pride and target download specs as Brent has, we'd see some loading delays passed forward from THEM to us.

On the OTHER other hand, I have fingers -- no, no, sorry -- I realize what I've described is the same mechanism in play when people embed any OTHER kind of image file via URL link out to some image hosting site, so it's not really that big a deal (these ARE really tiny "creature" or "egg" image files, after all)... but still, sometimes the paranoia seems much more intriguing...

I'm toast, out-a-here, it's past my bedtime (I'm told)...

*** Thank you FlaredOne, this really helps. Now how do I get white-out off my screen? :laugh: I almost choked :laugh: -- SeaDebi, you're trying to kill me!

SeaDebi
December 20th, 2006, 2:38am
*** I almost choked :laugh: -- SeaDebi, you're trying to kill me!

( I'm sorry in advance, I didn't mean to post a joke in this thread, or make light of the issue - I just couldn't resist after the comment FlaredOne made- please delete if necessary)

Heimlich, anyone know Cyber Heimlich. Brent? Anyone? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Help us here!

I'll save you ~

zoehunter
December 20th, 2006, 4:12am
what the heck I should do or not do....All i know is that someone on here made me my avatar and my banner..so it should comply? Yes...if not what the heck do i do to rectify the situation...please tell me before deleting the links..because now I have to sort through three years to find my my wins page....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :worry: :worry: :worry:

zoehunter
December 20th, 2006, 4:26am
SOmeone please tell me if this is alright??? before it gets deleted again....thanks...Zoe

gemini lion
December 20th, 2006, 4:35am
Dun dun DUUUNNNNNNN!! :shocked2:

*furtively checks her sig image* :shhh:

Trix, I think people with foil hats are exempt from siggy guidelines. :laugh:

trendmaven
December 20th, 2006, 5:24am
SOmeone please tell me if this is alright??? before it gets deleted again....thanks...Zoe

7.63 KB

flared0ne
December 20th, 2006, 5:43am
according to the fuzzy pencil marks I made on my monitor (no white out for me, thank you :laugh: ) your siggy image is 7.5 lines-of-text tall.

When I right-click on the image and select "Properties" it tells me your image is 100 pixels tall. According to the specs detailed in the quoted portion of Brent's original post, "Images in signatures can be no larger than 100 pixels in height" which would seem to make your image legal... But then that height exceeds other limits given...

I -think- that you should be okay, based on Brent's statement that they're not going to be too concerned about anything less than twice the posted limit (i.e. that any siggy's which are less than 10 "#2 lines of text" in height won't trip any triggers).

We need one of those virtual colored filters like sweeps use to drag over the color-masked win/lose graphic -- except this should be a graphics-layout tool showing what the legal limit actually is (with fuzzy edges if the intention is leniency within some range). Or maybe the siggy development page should have a restrictive entry field that, if it toggles to show slide bars, tells you you're running a tad large...

Scibba
December 20th, 2006, 6:53am

Zoe, your siggy is compliant 312 X 100 - but adding the text under your siggy, might put you over the limit

abymom
December 20th, 2006, 7:01am
Brent,
thanks for this post!

I find large gaudy signatures and images (and there are some really large ones out there) totally detract from the post/thread...

It's just unnecessary...
You point out all the good reasons why OLS limits the size, all make perfect sense...

Hopefully OLS'ers will get going and abide by this.

thanks again,
Happy Holidays,

elainmir
December 20th, 2006, 7:08am
I don't understand all the technical stuff but I was able to use the directions Brent posted and mine says 350 x 99. It says its 12155 bytes. I have no idea how to resize it if I need to, Nickyle made it for me in memory of my grandmother and aunt. Am I over? Do I need to see if Nickyle can change it for me?

akules
December 20th, 2006, 7:11am
Brent,
thanks for this post!

I find large gaudy signatures and images (and there are some really large ones out there) totally detract from the post/thread...

It's just unnecessary...
You point out all the good reasons why OLS limits the size, all make perfect sense...

Hopefully OLS'ers will get going and abide by this.

thanks again,
Happy Holidays,

I agree!

Happy Holidays from another OLSer who likes to keep things simple...no avatar, no siggy!

Brent
December 20th, 2006, 11:24am
Everyone who has asked about their signatures so far in this thread is fine. If it's at least close to the limits, we're not going to be real sticklers about it. Like I said, the main concern we have are the signatures that are way, way, way over the limits. For example, if the file size of your images comes to 12.5kb, you're fine. Or if the screen space your signature takes up looks like it might take up one extra line but it's hard to tell exactly because it contains an image or two, you're fine.

If your signature does happen to get deleted, we do usually make a copy of it beforehand. So if you need a copy of your deleted signature for whatever reason, send me, KB or another modertator a PM and we'll send a copy of it to you (if we have it).

Brent

OKgirl
December 20th, 2006, 11:28am
I don't understand all the technical stuff but I was able to use the directions Brent posted and mine says 350 x 99. It says its 12155 bytes. I have no idea how to resize it if I need to, Nickyle made it for me in memory of my grandmother and aunt. Am I over? Do I need to see if Nickyle can change it for me?

If Nickyle made it for you I'm SURE its in compliance. I don't think you have to worry. :) I'm also posting here so I can click on my siggy's properties and see if I'm compliant. :sherlock:

Nickyle
December 20th, 2006, 11:44am
If Nickyle made it for you I'm SURE its in compliance. I don't think you have to worry. :) I'm also posting here so I can click on my siggy's properties and see if I'm compliant. :sherlock:

sorry but i have to laugh here, yes if i made it it is in compliance as i am quite anal about that. :rofl3:
however last year brent gave the okay for holidays sigs to be a little over and i have noticed that some are using the ones i made last year. to anyone doing that and you get your sig deleted please let me know and i will see what i can do for you.

djr58
December 20th, 2006, 12:04pm
I always worry about my siggy because I'm clueless when it comes to anything with numbers. I'm better at words; numbers of any kind baffle the heck out of me.

Could someone please tell me if my siggy is OK?
Thank you!! :)

elainmir
December 20th, 2006, 12:12pm
sorry but i have to laugh here, yes if i made it it is in compliance as i am quite anal about that

:laugh: Sorry girlie , I know you ROCK! I just don't think of the technical end of things so all I know is it was the butt crack of dawn this morning, I had only a smidge of coffee at that point and I see the thread on siggys! And I love mine so incredibly much I just panicked at the thought of having to delete it! So I'm relieved to find its ok! :gvibes:

djr58
December 20th, 2006, 12:27pm
Brent, is my siggy OK?
If not, I'll see if someone can resize it for me or I'll put something else up.

kbsocial
December 20th, 2006, 12:36pm
Brent, is my siggy OK?
If not, I'll see if someone can resize it for me or I'll put something else up.

Size wise it is fine - but it is 20,816 bytes - OLS allows 12K - with flexibility around 13K :gvibes:

On a different note:

Another thing some people do is put a 350x100 (now 420x100) graphic and then text under it - that makes it bigger than the allowable sizes.

We are REALLY hoping that everyone will see this and comply - there are a TON of repeat offenders and out of compliance signatures right now.

djr58
December 20th, 2006, 12:39pm
Thanks for your reply KB :)

Now to see what I can do to fix my problem....

Tracy66
December 20th, 2006, 12:57pm
I have no CLUE !!!!!!!! Now I Cant even think about anything other then is mine fine or not fine !! I shouldnt read anything to do with the rules !!

sallykay
December 20th, 2006, 1:01pm
sorry but i have to laugh here, yes if i made it it is in compliance as i am quite anal about that. :rofl3:
however last year brent gave the okay for holidays sigs to be a little over and i have noticed that some are using the ones i made last year. to anyone doing that and you get your sig deleted please let me know and i will see what i can do for you.

AAACK! I am using Last year's Rudolph. Or I WAS! :laugh: Let' see!

caseycupcake
I'm so glad I'm siggy free. I've got enough things around here to reduce w/o having to worry about my siggy :laugh:

OKgirl
Can someone tell me if mine is ok? If I'm a repeat offender its not on purpose. :frown3:

sentimental7
December 20th, 2006, 1:03pm
can someone let me know?

kbsocial
December 20th, 2006, 1:05pm
OKGirl and sentimental - you are both OK.

OKGirl - yours would have been a smidge over if Brent had not extended the 350 to 420 :gvibes:

Fidget
December 20th, 2006, 1:07pm
THANK YOU!!

the GIANT siggys were driving me batty.

On my old computer i was lucky if i could get them to load even with my DSL connection, slowed down my whole OLS experience

thanks for expanding the width to 420 and crackin the old whip :bwhip:

oh and for announcing it. Hopefully it will cut down on the 5,742 "what happened to my siggy" and "unfair siggy rules" posts :laugh:

barbs
December 20th, 2006, 1:09pm
Haven't time to digest all of this right now, so this is just a placeholder.

tld911
December 20th, 2006, 1:11pm
I'll check mine...

dolphee
December 20th, 2006, 1:15pm
Here's hoping mine's okay.
13277 bytes

duknuk
December 20th, 2006, 1:16pm
I know I'm over, but don't know how to fix it.

I'm 20,264 bytes for my laying hen with 79X79 pixels.
And I think that is only for the hen.

Can anyone help me keep my hen?

If not, I will be sad, but I'll live.

dawsonsmom1
December 20th, 2006, 1:17pm
are mine ok

kbsocial
December 20th, 2006, 1:27pm
sallykay ~ yours is a bit over 14K bytes.

barbs ~ you are fine

dolphee ~ your graphic is a lil over 13K - over the 12K but nothing to fret about.

are mine ok

No - they aren't.

Your first graphic is 12,788 bytes and 150x113 (by itself would be fine)

Your second graphic is 14,988 bytes and 150x113

And your Blingo is 2049 bytes and 120x52 (by itself would be fine)

OLS allows up to 2 graphics per siggy - you have 3.

The first 2 pictures are a total of 27,776 bytes and 300x226 (OLS allows 12-13K and 420x100).

Hope that helps!!

BlueIrishEyes
December 20th, 2006, 1:33pm
Another question--

Do I interpret the rules correctly? You cannot have a link or advertisement to a site or area where you sell something. For an example an Avon link??

SweepingBeauty
December 20th, 2006, 1:36pm
would some nice person with computer literacy check mine. PM me if I am oversized and PS I won't know how to fix the size either.

thanks in advance

Cybrlee
December 20th, 2006, 1:38pm
Thanks Brent!

And the mods.... :halo:

Nickyle
December 20th, 2006, 1:39pm
I know I'm over, but don't know how to fix it.

I'm 20,264 bytes for my laying hen with 79X79 pixels.
And I think that is only for the hen.

Can anyone help me keep my hen?

If not, I will be sad, but I'll live.

fixed it:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/452/henlayinghf7.gif

(right click on graphic to get the url)

coljim
December 20th, 2006, 1:48pm
I am so computer illiterate when it comes to signatures, resizing, and things like that, that I can't worry about it. Long ago Starbucks Addict fixed the My Wins link for me. and most recently Nickyle was kind enough to make this Christmas signature for which I am grateful. Mostly I get along without a signature unless someone like Nickyle takes pity on me...lol. Shoot, Pebbles sent me a whole lot of wonderful, appropriately sized avatars for Christmas last year because I couldn't get mine to fit.
When I go to change avatars I am told if my avatar is too big or not. Can't the same process apply to signatures?

captainmorgan420
December 20th, 2006, 1:50pm
I know this is off subject, but is there anyone who knows how to put a santas cap on my waving kitty?? :) :laugh:

Suesur
December 20th, 2006, 1:53pm
Thanks for the information Brent. Found it very informative.

Thanks to all the other's contributing to this thread, great group of helpful people! I am so glad to be a part of this community.

kbsocial
December 20th, 2006, 2:01pm
would some nice person with computer literacy check mine. PM me if I am oversized and PS I won't know how to fix the size either.

thanks in advance

Actually yours is too big it is 200x137 so you are 37 pixels over.

When I go to change avatars I am told if my avatar is too big or not. Can't the same process apply to signatures?

I'm hoping with forum upgrades that this will be the case :gvibes:

Nickyle
December 20th, 2006, 2:11pm

thanks in advance

here is your original resized:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5715/rgdahl2nd7.gif

or here is another you can use:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/341/rgdahlhe2.gif

Fidget
December 20th, 2006, 2:17pm
ooo the new one is SUPER COOL! great Job Nickyle!

kbsocial
December 20th, 2006, 2:17pm
ooo the new one is SUPER COOL! great Job Nickyle!

I agree - I may just use it myself:laugh:

OLSPickedMyNick
December 20th, 2006, 2:26pm
Ok I think my picture is in compliance because skpaw made it for me - wonderful thing for her to do. But with my name added are the two combined too big?

core_17
December 20th, 2006, 2:33pm
WOOT! Thanks for widening the width limit! That helps! :D

dawsonsmom1
December 20th, 2006, 2:36pm
Thanks K.b I'll fix it

duknuk
December 20th, 2006, 2:58pm
fixed it:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/452/henlayinghf7.gif

(right click on graphic to get the url)

Nickyle, I've heard of your artistic powers.
Thank you so much for helping me keep my special hen.

ThinLizzy
December 20th, 2006, 3:11pm
Ok I think my picture is in compliance because skpaw made it for me - wonderful thing for her to do. But with my name added are the two combined too big?
Yes, it's too big. The name added makes your overall siggy over 100 pixels in height. Maybe you can put the name to the right side of the banner.

InkyPrincess
December 20th, 2006, 3:14pm
I'm okay with 400 in width, 100 in height, and about 7kb correct?

OLSPickedMyNick
December 20th, 2006, 3:46pm
Yes, it's too big. The name added makes your overall siggy over 100 pixels in height. Maybe you can put the name to the right side of the banner.

Thanks so much! I went ahead and took my name off - I will put it back on when Christmas is over and I move the Christmas sig.

ThinLizzy
December 20th, 2006, 3:50pm
Zoe, your siggy is compliant 312 X 100 - but adding the text under your siggy, might put you over the limit
Doesn't the line of text beneath your banner make your signature too tall as well?

SeaAngel
December 20th, 2006, 4:07pm
Is mine okay? I finally understand how to check the properties on the images, but I'm still confused on how to add in the count for the text & the link to my wins to make sure I'm still under the limit. :confused:

ThinLizzy
December 20th, 2006, 4:18pm
SeaAngel, I think yours is a little too tall. The lightbulbs are 47, text beneath the lightbulbs is 20, the candycane is 28 and MyWins is 20...total of 115 pixels in height.

A line of size 2 text is 20 pixels in height, size 3 text is 30 pixels, etc.

me1971
December 20th, 2006, 4:29pm
Where is mine and is it okay?

SeaAngel
December 20th, 2006, 4:33pm
SeaAngel, I think yours is a little too tall. The lightbulbs are 47, text beneath the lightbulbs is 20, the candycane is 28 and MyWins is 20...total of 115 pixels in height.

A line of size 2 text is 20 pixels in height, size 3 text is 30 pixels, etc.
Thank you so much ThinLizzy, I really appreciate your help. :gvibes: I'm going now to get rid of my candycane! :yummy:
Where is mine and is it okay?
I don't see a signature on your post me1971. A signature is an image or line of text that you may set up to show at the bottom of all your posts.like my lights below. Just go to the Options/Help tab at the top of your page, then to User CP (control panel) and over on the left side of the page you will find the "Edit Signature" button. Here's a link to the guidelines ... :)
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209892

MistySunrise
December 21st, 2006, 12:54am
Could someone tell me if mine is ok?

fastfreddie1959
December 21st, 2006, 9:30am
Could someone tell me if mine is ok?

150px

100px

5.41 KB (5538 bytes)

sentimental7
December 21st, 2006, 9:34am
Thank you KB!

mb2
December 21st, 2006, 10:04am
Don't mind me, I just changed mine and I wanted to see if it's ok. GLA

mcclave
December 21st, 2006, 10:34am
Thank you so much ThinLizzy, I really appreciate your help. :gvibes: I'm going now to get rid of my candycane! :yummy:

I don't see a signature on your post me1971. A signature is an image or line of text that you may set up to show at the bottom of all your posts.like my lights below. Just go to the Options/Help tab at the top of your page, then to User CP (control panel) and over on the left side of the page you will find the "Edit Signature" button. Here's a link to the guidelines ... :)
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209892

SeaAngel, I don't know if it's on my end or what but your lights flash and then get all distorted. Is anyone else seeing this? :sherlock:

AnahsSkcor
December 21st, 2006, 10:40am
Am I one of the violators? Please tell me no lol I'm sorry if i am just don't delete my daughters pic ill delete the happy holidays :blush:

SeaAngel
December 21st, 2006, 11:09am
SeaAngel, I don't know if it's on my end or what but your lights flash and then get all distorted. Is anyone else seeing this? :sherlock:
Well darn, why am I not surprised? It took me hours to find them and they were working fine when I put them up. Ugh, just like my Christmas lights in real life! :laugh:

Seriously though, thank you for telling me MoreNingDew. They look fine on my end, wonder what's up with them and if they are looking weird to everyone?

Fidget
December 21st, 2006, 11:11am
sea, you lights look fine to me!

ironically morning, your siggy looks very blurry to me! :confused:

Fidget
December 21st, 2006, 11:13am
Mommy your siggy is too tall

just the holiday text plus daughters pic puts you over the 100 height limit, then add text and you are way over

x704
December 21st, 2006, 11:34am
This is why I have signatures turned OFF just too many HUGE things that distract from the posting.

SeaDebi
December 21st, 2006, 4:09pm

Same for me, the lights look fine, but the wreath looks distorted.

tamiwami
December 21st, 2006, 4:14pm
bummer. :confused:

MistySunrise
December 21st, 2006, 4:18pm
150px

100px

5.41 KB (5538 bytes)

Thanks Freddie :) Is that including both pics? I noticed one wasnt showing earlier

SeaAngel
December 21st, 2006, 7:51pm

Same for me, the lights look fine, but the wreath looks distorted.

Thanks Fidget & SeaDebi for taking a peek and letting me know. :gvibes:

MoreNingDew: I think maybe your siggy looking blurred might be from resizing. I don't know much about that stuff, but I have noticed that sometimes when I try to resize images they just don't look as crisp as they did beforehand. :gvibes:

kbsocial
December 21st, 2006, 8:45pm
Just giving this a lil bump as we'll start deleting tomorrow!

Jennifer
December 22nd, 2006, 12:36am
I changed my signature... not sure if it is in compliance or not... It was large and crazy and i've reduced my size... I have my own website listed in my signature.

kbsocial
December 22nd, 2006, 6:33pm
Deleting has started - just bumping this up as a reminder!!

pandka
December 22nd, 2006, 10:05pm
How many bytes are in a kb? Rules say 12 kb but when I checked mine it only gave me how many bytes. Thanks.

diyer
December 22nd, 2006, 10:33pm
How many bytes are in a kb? Rules say 12 kb but when I checked mine it only gave me how many bytes. Thanks.

kb is supposed to be Kilo Bytes or 1000 bytes. This is probably the safe interpretation.

The common interpretation is there are 1024 bytes in a kilobyte. This is because computer can only count in 1's and 0's. So it can count up 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024.

So the closest number to 1000 that makes sense on a computer is 1024.

So 12 kb is 12*1024 = 12288 which could be interpreted by the mods as 12 kb. Other than that, I would just stay under 12000 bytes.

diyer

pandka
December 22nd, 2006, 10:57pm
Thanks diyer. Makes more sense than what I thought. :)

judycc
December 24th, 2006, 10:19am
Just checking to see if this is ok ? Checked it before and thought it was within the guidelines , guess it wasn't .

SweepsCat
December 24th, 2006, 11:10am
I noticed my siggy was deleted. I had a picture and then words below it..too big i guess.

Now I tried making a new one...just some words and a smilie but it wont show up. I dont know what I'm doing wrong? I go back to the siggy options and its showing there still...

:help:

OOPS..nevermind ..guess it was a delayed thingy.

mcclave
December 24th, 2006, 11:19am
kb is supposed to be Kilo Bytes or 1000 bytes. This is probably the safe interpretation.

The common interpretation is there are 1024 bytes in a kilobyte. This is because computer can only count in 1's and 0's. So it can count up 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024.

So the closest number to 1000 that makes sense on a computer is 1024.

So 12 kb is 12*1024 = 12288 which could be interpreted by the mods as 12 kb. Other than that, I would just stay under 12000 bytes.

diyer

Where were you when I looking for a conversion chart on the www. Oh by the way there isn't one that I could find! :laugh:

luckymomx4
December 24th, 2006, 11:41am
How many bytes are in a kb?

I'm sorry - but this just made me laugh - so KB - how many bytes are in you?? :laugh:

littlemetoo
December 26th, 2006, 2:25pm
Why was my siggy deleted and how come I can't make a new one. I was never notified. This is very upsetting to me. :cry: Not a good way to start xmas morning.

littlemetoo
December 26th, 2006, 2:29pm
ok finally got a new siggy. Hope this one is ok

zoehunter
December 27th, 2006, 2:55pm
Then this am , I come on and it is erased again....

This is a BIG waste of tim.e....

Now for the forty millionth time.

IS MY SIGNATURE OK??????? If it is not..please tell me before erasing....thanks...........I would appreciate that....Zoe

zoehunter
December 27th, 2006, 3:03pm
Oh and to quote:

"Everyone who has asked about their signatures so far in this thread is fine. " Brent.

i asked twice here!!!!!!!

Then this am , I come on and it is erased again....

This is a BIG waste of tim.e....

Now for the forty millionth time.

IS MY SIGNATURE OK??????? If it is not..please tell me before erasing....thanks...........I would appreciate that....Zoe

prplrush
December 29th, 2006, 2:18am
Ok, could someone point out to me whats wrong with my siggy? cause i keep getting it erased as well lol.....i keep changing it to make it smaller or at least i thought i was doing it right.....i took out my user name pic from my siggy cause i thought it was too big, i use the smaller winzy thingy and yet it still keeps disappearing.....please just point out what I'm doing wrong lol

kbsocial
December 29th, 2006, 2:21am
Ok, could someone point out to me whats wrong with my siggy? cause i keep getting it erased as well lol.....i keep changing it to make it smaller or at least i thought i was doing it right.....i took out my user name pic from my siggy cause i thought it was too big, i use the smaller winzy thingy and yet it still keeps disappearing.....please just point out what I'm doing wrong lol

At first glance, you have 3 graphics - the 2 smilies and the Winzy thingy.

prplrush
December 29th, 2006, 2:25am
At first glance, you have 3 graphics - the 2 smilies and the Winzy thingy.

That makes sense lol i wasnt even thinking of the smilies lol
So this is ok now?
And thanks for the quick response!! :gvibes:

kbsocial
December 29th, 2006, 4:01am
Maybe this will help everyone better understand;

*Your whole signature cannot take up anymore space then this:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1503/signaturelimits1pg5.jpg

*Your signature must also not extend 12,288 bytes. To find your bytes right click your mouse on the graphic and select properties like this:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5632/image23fk0.jpg

*After right clicking you will get a pop up that looks like this:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4250/image24cn1.jpg

Look where I have the arrow pointing, that gives you the SIZE and DIMENSIONS of your graphic. For kbsocials as shown above her graphic is SIZE: 321x98 (which is below the max of 420x100) and it is using 12,019 bytes which is under the max 12,288

*If you are going to use text below your signature you have to reduce the height by 20 pixels so instead of 420x100 you can only have 420x80, and so on for every additional text line you want.

*Signatures are limited to 2 pictures total and combined have to be within the 420x100 box and not extend 12,288

*5 lines of text is max using text size #2

***an easy site to use to help you reduce pixels is www.gifworks.com and a fast easy way to host a graphic is at www.imageshack.com or if you want to perm. save it use www.photobucket.com

many members will help, just ask.

kbsocial
December 29th, 2006, 4:02am
Hyperlink button:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2564/image26ho3.jpg

This button allows you to make a link to another site but not use as much space.

To use it:

Click on the icon and you will get a pop up that asks you to put in text (I am using OLS as an example):

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/584/image27zy9.jpg

click OK
next it will ask you for the url to the site you want to go to:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/610/image28oe3.jpg

click okay and it will put the codes in your signature box for you and it will look like this:

OLS (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/)

you can use the hyperlink button for a link to your wins page. you can also turn your graphic into a clickable link to your wins page so you dont have to reduce the size of your graphic.

kbsocial
January 1st, 2007, 2:37pm
Thought I'd bump this to the top - lots of sigs being deleted and there are some really good tips in here from Nickyle :gvibes:

KRSchulze
January 1st, 2007, 2:48pm
Yeah, I'm dense too...I went to my signature area and "decreased size." Is mine fine or not?

PS Thanks, KB...I really like my signature, courtesy of Nickyle!!!

kbsocial
January 1st, 2007, 2:52pm
Yeah, I'm dense too...I went to my signature area and "decreased size." Is mine fine or not?

You are fine:) 11,941 bytes and 300x100!

angelmist48
January 1st, 2007, 6:24pm
Okay today I made my first banner and I hope this is in your guidelines and I was able to make it clickable. If it isnt please let me know.

kbsocial
January 1st, 2007, 7:30pm
Okay today I made my first banner and I hope this is in your guidelines and I was able to make it clickable. If it isnt please let me know.

You are good:)

fastfreddie1959
January 1st, 2007, 7:35pm

PS Thanks, KB...I really like my signature, courtesy of Nickyle!!!

Width----300px

Hight----100px

Size of File----11.66 KB (11941 bytes)

djr58
January 1st, 2007, 7:39pm
I'm wondering if anyone can take my siggy (made by nickyle -- awesome!) and turn it into an avatar to match? That would be so cool!!

Dawnoholic
January 1st, 2007, 7:41pm
Mine was under 12k and way under in size, but I had two text links....is that why I was deleted?? I made my graphic VERY small now, but my question is, how much text are we allowed or not allowed?? It was exactly as it is now, but with one more link, and my picture was larger, but within the size limits.

sweepnut
January 1st, 2007, 7:42pm
I need to post my siggy here so I can see if it's too big.

BTW - Sorry Brent - I know that you computer gurus it sounds so simple. But to the others, it is just really confusing to try to understand.

EDITED TO ADD, Mine says 8.64 which tells me that I am fine. Now if I am wrong, I am reeeeealllllllllllllly confused!!!!!!!

ksmith47
January 2nd, 2007, 10:12am
I'm wondering if anyone can take my siggy (made by nickyle -- awesome!) and turn it into an avatar to match? That would be so cool!!

Here ya go! http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/ksmith47/738f9c4a.gif

djr58
January 2nd, 2007, 10:35am
Thanks ksmith!! :gvibes:

djr58
January 2nd, 2007, 10:36am
I love the way it looks!
This has always been one of my favorite siggys made for me by nickyle :)

ksmith47
January 2nd, 2007, 10:45am
I love the way it looks!
This has always been one of my favorite siggys made for me by nickyle :)
You're welcome. :gvibes:

It's a matching set! Cute!

jolee62
January 2nd, 2007, 11:02am
I hope mine is ok! I love it!

ksmith47
January 2nd, 2007, 11:06am
I hope mine is ok! I love it!

You are all set. :gvibes:

Canuckgirl
January 2nd, 2007, 11:08am
Is there any way I can get this siggie to fit into the protocols? Pretty please? I love it!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Ohluckyone/Siggies/animatedTinkerbellTania.gif

tabbycat917
January 2nd, 2007, 11:36am
just checking mine, though i think it should be ok since nickyle made it :gvibes:

swampfox28
January 2nd, 2007, 11:50am
Well, I thought "I'm likely okay" when I saw this and went off to check...

Lo and behold - my siggy is gone... :frown3:

Guessing I wasn't in compliance after all!

I JUST saw this thread, though, and honestly didn't think mine was too big, but I'll be more careful from now on...

-Sarah

syrayes
January 2nd, 2007, 12:10pm
Hi
I guess I was over the limit-it must of been the blingo and winzy icons cause I've never been deleted before.

My question- I'm selling Avon again-is it permissable to put a small link in my sig with a link to my website?

Thank you

captainmorgan420
January 2nd, 2007, 1:23pm
I have seen 2 signature in the last 2 days that I am sure are over compliance.....but heck who am I to start anything. These signatures are not pictures either, they are LARGE paragraphs that go way over the 5 line limit and they are like at the biggest size possible so the signatures are always bigger than the post.

THE SIGS ARE THIS BIG--using letters as an example
ghghghghghghghggggggggggggggghghghghghghg
ghghghghghghghhhhhhhhhhhghghghghghghghghg
ghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghg
gjgjfjfjjffjfjfjgjgjgjgjggjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjg
ghjghghghghghghghghghgghghghghghghghghg
ghghghghggggghghghghghghghghghgghghghg
gjgjhgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjgjjgjgjgjgjgjgj

that to me is way too much and I would think over compliance, enough, how about some reasonable sigs people. All I am saying is when your signature line is always bigger than your post, that should be a clue. :worry: I swear I saw 2 of them like that

sarcastic
January 2nd, 2007, 7:22pm
I have the normal font for my signature (not in big letters as Captain mentioned above) - this is the 2nd time it has been deleted, the first contained Diegos picture as well. The 2nd time, it was only the following - not sure how to check the limits etc..so I would greatly appreciate if someone can tell me why its been deleted, (height, too many words, etc.) so I can fix it again. Please be specific so I can follow what I need to do to correct it :)
TIA

PLEASE VOTE DAILY FOR DIEGO - FIND DIEGO, CLICK HIS PICTURE (BROWN CHIUAHUA) AND THEN 'VOTE FOR THIS DOG". PLEASE MAKE SURE ITS HIS PICTURE IN THE POP UP BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS (http://www.dogchannel.com/magazines/dogfancy/result.aspx?contest=Cutest_Puppy&page=19&sid=)

epiphany327
January 2nd, 2007, 7:45pm
Hope this one is fine..My other one got deleted.. :)

princessJ
January 2nd, 2007, 7:47pm
Mine just got deleted which I have had for years on here and unfortunately it was erased without telling me first so I didn't have the chance to make a correction (according to Brent's post if it was close we would be notified and if I had it for as long as I have than it had to be pretty close). The reason that bothers me is that it was someone who made that for me. I wouldn't have a clue how to make one for myself :frown3: Now I will admit I tried adding a blingo thing to it today but it was only on for about a few hours while I waited for a friend to help me with resizing both so that I could have both because I couldn't figure out how to take it off without losing the original siggy...

kbsocial
January 2nd, 2007, 7:53pm
Posts 96 and 97 by Nickyle are VERY helpful in figuring out what to do and how to check your siggy.

sarcastic - yours is way longer than 100

*Your whole signature cannot take up anymore space then this:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1503/signaturelimits1pg5.jpg

Mine just got deleted which I have had for years on here and unfortunately it was erased without telling me first so I didn't have the chance to make a correction. The reason that bothers me is that it was someone who made that for me. I wouldn't have a clue how to make one for myself :frown3:

No one is told first anymore, we tried that for a long time to no avail and that prompted thread of Brent's.

http://img69.echo.cx/img69/3227/princessjsig9zc.gif http://www.blingo.com/images/friendbuttons/88x31.blu.gif (http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=za4%2BPsHqgTRxzwGgxpIFWsCKjTU)

first graphic is 333x95 and a tad over on bytes - but acceptable if you use it by itself - its when you add the Blingo button that it kicks it over.

princessJ
January 2nd, 2007, 7:59pm
If you had read my first post that I was in the process of editing while you were "quoting" me you would have seen that blingo button thing was only temporary. Oh well. If anyone asks me why my signature was taken down after over 2 years than I'll point out this thread :)

wmcr
January 3rd, 2007, 1:25am
Ok...I just realized that my signature has been deleted. Now I have no clue how to add back my wins list...I don't know where to even find my wins list now...can someone please help me?

I saw somewhere that one of the moderators can send me a snapshot of what my signature was??? I am trying to figure out how to do the codes to make my words clickable without the address it takes you to showing....Thanks~

catlady13711
January 3rd, 2007, 9:58am
Im wondering if mine is ok.. it was deleted last night. it seems to be within the guidelines... can anyone tell me what might make it not ok?

catlady13711
January 3rd, 2007, 10:01am
Only allowed 12k (or close to it) you are at 39k (39936).

ok, working on it now.. thanks!

Karen_246
January 3rd, 2007, 10:02am
ok, working on it now.. thanks!

But dont' go by me, lol. Everytime I click on someone's siggy I'm getting different kb amounts ~ weird.

catlady13711
January 3rd, 2007, 10:03am
But dont' go by me, lol. Everytime I click on someone's siggy I'm getting different kb amounts ~ weird.

:laugh: How are you counting the kb amount? I deleted more of it.

Karen_246
January 3rd, 2007, 10:06am

By right clicking on the mouse and clicking on properties ~ something isn't right on my end though. I'm showing yours at 54k now and it should have gone down not up.

Wildvines
January 3rd, 2007, 10:52am
mine got deleted too... and I'm sure it was small! guess I'll try it again - shorter this time... :frown3:

KISSaholic4life
January 3rd, 2007, 10:56am
By right clicking on the mouse and clicking on properties ~ something isn't right on my end though. I'm showing yours at 54k now and it should have gone down not up.

It shows 48x48 and 5874bytes for me.

:cheer2:

ThinLizzy
January 3rd, 2007, 10:58am
Yours is okay at 5.74kb and 88 pixels tall. :cool2:

catlady13711
January 3rd, 2007, 10:59am

Thanks!!

Karen_246
January 3rd, 2007, 11:40am
See, I'm showing her kitty as that in kb's and dimension, but when you click on just at the siggy it shows it bigger. Doesn't make any sense to me. I'm sure it is fine now, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm getting the different readings on kb's.

Karen_246
January 3rd, 2007, 11:42am
Disregard my posts, i'm an idiot, the pictures are what is kb's, the text is something totally different. I'm going back to bed now, lol.

Debberly
January 3rd, 2007, 11:50am
Karen what address is it showing when you right click? Is it a photobucket or OLS address? You might actually be looking at the bytes for the entire page. :laugh:

Karen_246
January 3rd, 2007, 11:51am
Karen what address is it showing when you right click? Is it a photobucket or OLS address? You might actually be looking at the bytes for the entire page. :laugh:

Yeppers, that is what I was doing ~ definetly need a nap :laugh: :laugh:

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 1:51am
Oh and to quote:

"Everyone who has asked about their signatures so far in this thread is fine. " Brent.

i asked twice here!!!!!!!

what the @$%^&*()_{)(*&^% is wrong with my signature...I have asked OVER and OVER..and I got PMs that it was ok....Brent said it is ok...and SOMEONE keeps deleting it...what the #$%^&U*IOIUY^%$%^&*I do i Do?????

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 1:58am
No one is told first anymore, we tried that for a long time to no avail and that prompted thread of Brent's.

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 2:10am
Please build me a compliant signature....
PLEASE i beg of you...since I so clearly cant comply with signature regulations...can someone who understands why...please build me a beautiful signature...

I have loads of photos that can be shrunk down to miniscule size...and would love links to my win page, and websites...but I just cant do it on my own....clearly!!!!

PLEASE ????? with cherries on top!!!!?????

ksmith47
January 4th, 2007, 2:11am
Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

Zoe, when you post, do you have the 'show your signaure' box selected?

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 2:15am
Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

Zoe, when you post, do you have the 'show your signaure' box selected?

????

yes...it keeps getting deleted...its absolutely gone from my options...

ksmith47
January 4th, 2007, 2:17am
????

yes...it keeps getting deleted...its absolutely gone from my options...

Did you save the picture that you want as a siggy? Can you post it here? Let's get this figured out! Maybe I'll have to resize a little bit.

If you didn't save the picture, a mod probably can get it for you. They are saving the deleted pictures.

clallen1971
January 4th, 2007, 2:22am
:royal:

mine is gone too :(

clallen1971
January 4th, 2007, 2:30am
is it back yet... will you take it away again?

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 2:50am
Did you save the picture that you want as a siggy? Can you post it here? Let's get this figured out! Maybe I'll have to resize a little bit.

If you didn't save the picture, a mod probably can get it for you. They are saving the deleted pictures.

Here it is:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/zoehunter/zoehunterresized.jpg

It has been resized for me..but keeps getting kicked off for some reason...

I have other ones too...I wouldnt mind changing it to this:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/zoehunter/banner2.gif

kbsocial
January 4th, 2007, 9:16am
Here it is:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/zoehunter/zoehunterresized.jpg

It has been resized for me..but keeps getting kicked off for some reason...

I have other ones too...I wouldnt mind changing it to this:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/zoehunter/banner2.gif

Your siggy graphic is fine - its when you added all the links next to it that extended it. That is what is happening with a lot of people - their graphic is fine - but they add a bunch of text that makes it larger than the 420x100. And starting with this thread no one gets explanations - I'm almost thinkin we'd be better off with no sigs at all:goofy3:

clallen1971 ~ I can't find that yours was deleted - I can keep looking though!

kbruson
January 4th, 2007, 9:33am
Is mine ok??

kbsocial
January 4th, 2007, 9:36am
clallen1971 ~ I can't find that yours was deleted - I can keep looking though!

Ok I didn't look back far enough - you original siggy was over 16K

janess
January 4th, 2007, 12:22pm
I thought I understood...I thought mine was okay, but apparently not. :frown3:

I guess I am still confused. I think I will stick to letters. :halo:

Canuckgirl
January 4th, 2007, 12:43pm
I've re-done mine - please tell me it is within compliance! I tried sooooo hard and spent a lot of time on it resizing, adding up pixels :frown3:

ThinLizzy
January 4th, 2007, 12:53pm
Canuckgirl, you're using too many kb's. The top graphic is 9.14 and the bottom one is 5.71. That's almost 15kb's total and you're only allowed 12kb.

polsky41
January 4th, 2007, 1:35pm
I spent weeks with Nickyle to make my signature, was told it did not comply! Spent about another week with DH To have it comply with the rules, Then was told it was find! Now it seems
someone didn't get what they want for Chistmas and took my siggy!! SHAME,SHAME Meanie!
Of course i know i am not alone many had them taken! What a nice way for you to say Happy New Year
:worry:

MeriTeri
January 4th, 2007, 3:22pm
Can you let me know if mine complies. Thanks.

pamcakes
January 4th, 2007, 3:25pm
just checking my siggy for compliance!

Mom2myboys
January 4th, 2007, 3:29pm
just checking my siggy for compliance!

Your graphic is 320x 95, but with the line of text underneath it is too big :frown3:

pamcakes
January 4th, 2007, 4:04pm
Your graphic is 320x 95, but with the line of text underneath it is too big :frown3:

thanks Mom...(LOL). i've deleted the mySpace link :gvibes:

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 4:19pm
Hopefully this banner is ok..I made it tiny and as far as I can tell it fits...

Nickyle
January 4th, 2007, 5:10pm
I spent weeks with Nickyle to make my signature, was told it did not comply! Spent about another week with DH To have it comply with the rules, Then was told it was find! Now it seems
someone didn't get what they want for Chistmas and took my siggy!! SHAME,SHAME Meanie!
Of course i know i am not alone many had them taken! What a nice way for you to say Happy New Year
:worry:

polsky i believe you put more text or another picture in, that put you over with the graphic i did for you.

Can you let me know if mine complies. Thanks.

your fairies are 10pixels to high to have text with them

zoehunter your sig is fine, if you add anything else though you will go over. if you want addition links you will have to reduce the graphic you have.

zoehunter
January 4th, 2007, 6:31pm
Hopefully this banner is ok..I made it tiny and as far as I can tell it fits...

ok...made it 80 tall , and with link it fits within the limits from above..I used a ruler..no really..I held it up to the screen and everything...:)

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 12:34am
I pm'd Vicky about my siggy and she said it was ok and in compliance but, now it's gone? :worry: We should not be told things are ok if they are going to get deleted on us anyways.

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 12:48am
You guys, it is not that hard. You can have a perfect graphic that is exactly within the guidelines, but then if you add a line of text under that or a blingo link or a my wins link or another graphic....phhhht, you are outta the water.

I will help any way I can, by resizing graphics and such, although I cannot really make new ones for people.

If you need help, just ask. But then when someone finishes it up for you, don't go adding more information to your sig.

choices4me
January 5th, 2007, 12:50am
Can someone please make me a compliant siggie as the one I have is boring I would be so grateful who ever knows how can you pm me thanks :)

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 12:51am
You guys, it is not that hard. You can have a perfect graphic that is exactly within the guidelines, but then if you add a line of text under that or a blingo link or a my wins link or another graphic....phhhht, you are outta the water.

I will help any way I can, by resizing graphics and such, although I cannot really make new ones for people.

If you need help, just ask. But then when someone finishes it up for you, don't go adding more information to your sig.

I didn't even have graphics in my siggy, just 2 :halo: in it. I was already approved, this is getting rediculous. IF a siggy has been approved it should not be deleted.

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 1:08am
Ok, I made a new one. Is this one compliant?

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 2:09am
I would think that is too long, but there is no way for me to see it. How about I make you one? Hold on a mo.

swampfox28
January 5th, 2007, 2:10am
I've got a new one, too! Please don't delete it - I'm already head over heels in love with it!

:jump:

(THANKS, Nickyle!!!!!!!!)

-Sarah

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 2:15am
I would think that is too long, but there is no way for me to see it. How about I make you one? Hold on a mo.
If it's too long then I give up. I have seen way more obnoxious, long, huge siggy's on here than mine has ever been. :frown3: And thank you :gvibes:

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 2:36am
Just hold on a mo. I am working on a pretty one. I will try to get it back to you sometime today.

choices4me
January 5th, 2007, 3:01am
Thanks to Nickyle who just made my siggie I really love it, it looks compliant so I hope it don't get deleted :)

Canuckgirl
January 5th, 2007, 11:11am
oh man, back to the drawing board. I may just forget about it for a while. I'm burnt out on pixels and kb's and all that s**t. phhhtttt. :frown3:

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 1:20pm
Could someone please explain to me why mine keeps getting deleted? It's only words and only 2 lines of text period. :frown3: Someone could at least have the decency to answer my questions. How do I know what I am doing wrong if I don't have help?

ThinLizzy
January 5th, 2007, 1:33pm
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5349199&postcount=24

TrishMc107
January 5th, 2007, 1:34pm
My quote got deleted too. Trying again without a few words. . I counted the letters, spaces etc . Have no idea the type size number.

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 2:05pm
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5349199&postcount=24

Thank you, going to try this one more time...

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 2:06pm
Just hold on a mo. I am working on a pretty one. I will try to get it back to you sometime today.

Thank you :gvibes:

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 2:16pm
Ok, how is this? It's 2 lines of text with 1 link in the 3rd line. I used font size #1 for all 3 lines, no referral link to winzy or blingo in my siggy and I didn't even use "bold".

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 7:23pm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/20791.gif

I think this is compliant. Let me ask around. And it is short enough that you can add your fsot link under it, and perhaps winzy and the other one too, since it seems long enough.

ThinLizzy
January 5th, 2007, 7:32pm
Great job, pambanter! It looks compliant to me and there's plenty of room beneath it for Miki to add her FSOT link.

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 7:34pm
Great job, pambanter! It looks compliant to me and there's plenty of room beneath it for Miki to add her FSOT link.
Thanks Thinlizzy, I thought so too.

pambanter
January 5th, 2007, 7:42pm
My quote got deleted too. Trying again without a few words. . I counted the letters, spaces etc . Have no idea the type size number.
Well, give me your quote. I found a place that has flower banners like the one I made for miki.

Diggn4Gold
January 5th, 2007, 7:44pm
Apparently mine that I created this morning got deleted...I thought it was compliant but I guess not since it was completely gone this afternoon when I got home :frown3: Hopefully this one will be good...LOL!

motherogod
January 5th, 2007, 8:24pm
Drag... you got me.

Miki
January 5th, 2007, 9:51pm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/20791.gif

I think this is compliant. Let me ask around. And it is short enough that you can add your fsot link under it, and perhaps winzy and the other one too, since it seems long enough.

Thank you pam, very cute. I will save it and work on my siggy later. You did a very nice job and I appreciate it!

medictom
January 6th, 2007, 11:09am
I know...mine got deleted too, I thought I checked it, and it was under the limit..oh well.

goodxxxgirl
January 6th, 2007, 4:15pm
:worry: :worry:

all this bitching about them being deleted i wouldnt be surprised if they stopped them all togther :worry:

I am not saying those that were under the limits were wrong so dont bother flaming.
im just saying with the ruckus this is causing i wouldnt be surprised.

they shouldnt have to go around policing. read the rules if its not compliant dont piss and moan and wonder why its gone. yes i get the fact rule changed from 350 to 420.

when you make or get one save it just like anything else you want to keep on pc

for those that were told it was ok then it was removed i feel for you just CYA and save it.

edited to add:
if mine gets pulled i wont piss and moan cuz itll be my own fault :laugh:

Miki
January 6th, 2007, 4:58pm
:worry: :worry:

all this bitching about them being deleted i wouldnt be surprised if they stopped them all togther :worry:

I am not saying those that were under the limits were wrong so dont bother flaming.
im just saying with the ruckus this is causing i wouldnt be surprised.

they shouldnt have to go around policing. read the rules if its not compliant dont piss and moan and wonder why its gone. yes i get the fact rule changed from 350 to 420.

when you make or get one save it just like anything else you want to keep on pc

for those that were told it was ok then it was removed i feel for you just CYA and save it.

edited to add:
if mine gets pulled i wont piss and moan cuz itll be my own fault :laugh:

My point of bitching about them is because, they are getting deleted after Mods have told them they are good. A couple people had them deleted after Brent has told them it was fine.

goodxxxgirl
January 6th, 2007, 5:08pm
My point of bitching about them is because, they are getting deleted after Mods have told them they are good. A couple people had them deleted after Brent has told them it was fine.

thats why i said i feel for you's that it has happened to. Its not right by any means.

just be sure and save yours i know youve been having problems with it.
you and a few others have went above and beyond trying to get compliant. my bitch is to those that dont even try and then wonder huh what happened and then bitch.
:gvibes: :gvibes:

catlady13711
January 6th, 2007, 10:37pm

If I change mine to the following, will it be within the limit? I dont know how to count it to find out.

NEW SIG

Morgan aka Catlady http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/catlady13711/002.gif My Wins (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3101611) | MySpace (http://myspace.com/catlady13711)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away!
Please Vote for me (http://zrock993.com/babes.htm) for the Zrock Babe! (im #3) Thanks!

Thanks for your help!

ThinLizzy
January 6th, 2007, 11:09pm
No, catlady, the new siggy is too big. The cat is 48 pixels tall which makes the overall height of the siggy 128 pixels. Even if you eliminate the space the cat still puts the overall height at 108.

Also, the second line of the siggy is over 420 pixels long...it needs to be split into two lines of equal length.

You could split the second line into two equal length lines which will also eliminate the blank space giving you 5 lines total. Three of the lines can't be larger than #1 text. The line with the cat can be as large as #5 text, and the other line can be no larger than #2.
This should give you a siggy that is 98 pixels tall (unless you use #5 text with the cat then it would be 100), and it should be less than 420 in length.

JustGina
January 6th, 2007, 11:13pm
Is this size alright?

ThinLizzy
January 6th, 2007, 11:16pm
Everything's okay except the length of the text, but you've got plenty of room underneath the banner to split the text into two lines.

JustGina
January 6th, 2007, 11:21pm
Thanks ThinLizzy!
If I change my name to ultrathinGina will that make me thin? :laugh: j/j
If it does let me know I need all the help I can get! :laugh:

After my signature was deleted I felt naked. I have only had one for a month or two.

luckymomx4
January 6th, 2007, 11:25pm
Just checking on my siggy - I changed it back to the one I had before x-mas, but I resized it.

pambanter
January 6th, 2007, 11:36pm
ARGH! It doesn't matter if you use itty bitty letters or only just text or whatever. What matters is it has to fit within a square no bigger than this...including all win and winzy and blingo links.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/signaturecompliance.gif
So, since this square takes up the entire allowable space, you can't have a graphic this size and then add your winzy buttons underneath. You can't have your graphic AND the Winzy graphic And the Blingo graphic...that would be THREE not two pictures. You can't have a signature this size and then add writing under it, to the left of it, to the top of it, or anything. Everything in your signature has to fit in that box!

pambanter
January 6th, 2007, 11:41pm
You can't have a big long poem, no matter how tiny the letters, if it is wider than that box! This line is to long for a signature!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/sigcompliance.gif
And then you have room for your wins link underneath like this!

Those of you who are trying to use just writing for your signatures cannot right click on the signature and find out its size. That is a problem for you to figure out compliance.

pambanter
January 7th, 2007, 12:01am
Now, when you add images, there is length, height AND size to consider. Here is a nice little cat. Looks small and cute, heh? Well within the length and height but right click on it and look at its properties. It is 27.5 KB, more than DOUBLE the size. So, basically, the more animation, the more space it takes up on the harddrive, which is SIZE.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/hapycat.gif

Now I don't know why THIS angel is way too big..http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/angel_10.gif

And THIS angel is way under the size limit...http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/angel_12.gif

But they are, which is why you have to right click on any graphic and see how many KBs they are and keep them UNDER 12 KB.

wmcr
January 7th, 2007, 1:44am
Please help me....my second signature was deleted and I have no reason why. I have put it back up so you can see what I am talking about....is it because I am centering it? Please someone let me know

bwsmom
January 7th, 2007, 1:53am
Well, mine was deleted too, and I didn't have any graphics or large text in it, plus I know it was less than the maximum number of lines, with no referral/affiliate links or anything else that could possibly go against the rules. Perhaps someone was offended by either my link to the Missing Children's website, or the link to my winlist?!?! :sherlock: :rolleyes:

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 1:56am
Please help me....my second signature was deleted and I have no reason why. I have put it back up so you can see what I am talking about....is it because I am centering it? Please someone let me know
I think I left a post for you in a thread you started when the first one got deleted. You've got too many smilies. Get rid of two of them, or it's gonna get deleted again.

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 1:57am
Now I don't know why THIS angel is way too big..http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/angel_10.gif

And THIS angel is way under the size limit...http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/angel_12.gif

Pam, it has to do with how many frames the gif has, as well as the compression used when saving the file. Also the 1st angel has a transparent background which takes way more bytes than a solid backgroound one (don't ask me why, I have no idea. it just does lol)

ETA: I checked, the first angel has 9 frames. The second one has only 2.

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 1:58am
Well, mine was deleted too, and I didn't have any graphics or large text in it, plus I know it was less than the maximum number of lines, with no referral/affiliate links or anything else that could possibly go against the rules. Perhaps someone was offended by either my link to the Missing Children's website, or the link to my winlist?!?! :sherlock: :rolleyes:
It was probably because your line of text is too long. No part of a signature can be more than 420 pixels in length. If you don't shorten the first sentence, your siggy will get deleted again.

Debberly
January 7th, 2007, 1:59am
Thinlizzy, you seem pretty knowlegdable on the sigs. Just curious, if I have a quote that is longer than a 420 picture, would that be deleted?
Even if it is just one line? I'm starting to think that is why some peeps are losing their sigs.

EDIT: You read my mind :laugh:

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:08am
did they change the dimensions? I thought it was 350 not 420 in width.

bwsmom
January 7th, 2007, 2:09am
It was probably because your line of text is too long. No part of a signature can be more than 420 pixels in length. If you don't shorten the first sentence, your siggy will get deleted again.

Good grief! Mine was m-i-n-i-s-c-u-l-e compared to a lot of the sig's I see on OLS! :rolleyes:

But, for the sake of it, I've edited it again. Here's hoping I'm compliant this time... :worry:

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 2:11am
Thinlizzy, you seem pretty knowlegdable on the sigs. Just curious, if I have a quote that is longer than a 420 picture, would that be deleted?
Even if it is just one line? I'm starting to think that is why some peeps are losing their sigs.
I have come to the conclusion that no part of a signature can be more than 420 pixels in length...not even a single line of text.

To give some kind of idea as to length...the gray line that separates the body of your post from your signature is 300 pixels long (EDIT: 800 x 600 screen resolution only)
did they change the dimensions? I thought it was 350 not 420 in width.
Yes, the dimensions have changed to 100 x 420.

wmcr
January 7th, 2007, 2:12am
I think I left a post for you in a thread you started when the first one got deleted. You've got too many smilies. Get rid of two of them, or it's gonna get deleted again.

Thanks for letting me know....I did not see the first post until now....I had no idea you could only have 2 smilies....thanks~

bwsmom
January 7th, 2007, 2:16am
To give some kind of idea as to length...the gray line that separates the body of your post from your signature is 300 pixels long.

Thank you! That makes it quite a bit easier to figure out (I'm not good with pixel figuring). Having a visual is MUCH better! :gvibes:

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:19am
I have come to the conclusion that no part of a signature can be more than 420 pixels in length...not even a single line of text.

To give some kind of idea as to length...the gray line that separates the body of your post from your signature is 300 pixels long.

I was wondering about the text because I just saw a MODs siggy with one line of text that was 132 characters long (oh no! not naming names) I was under the impression that is was

Signatures should take up no more screen space than the equivalent of 5 lines of normal sized text (size=2) with a maximum of 90 characters per line.

???

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:21am

are you sure about that? My siggy is 350 pixels and left flushed is way shorter than the line.

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 2:22am
I was wondering about the text because I just saw a MODs siggy with one line of text that was 132 characters long
Yeah, I've seen that too. Maybe we should click the report button. :cool2:

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 2:24am
I'm not sure I follow you. Your siggy is about an inch past the gray line to which I'm referring.

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:25am
maybe the grey line is longer depending on what you have your screen resolution at? Cause to me it looks like maybe another half inch - an inch or more

hmm, I just did a cut and paste on the line and it is 86 characters long. Maybe depending on your text size?

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 2:28am
So on your screen your siggy is shorter than the gray line? On my 800x600 resolution screen, your siggy is about an inch longer than the gray line.

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:31am
yes. It is shorter (the siggy). But I am on a 19" wide screen with 1024x768 resolution

bwsmom
January 7th, 2007, 2:31am
So on your screen your siggy is shorter than the gray line? On my 800x600 resolution screen, your siggy is about an inch longer than the gray line.

Hers is shorter than the line on my screen as well.

(Edited to add - my resolution is set at 1024 x 768).

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:35am
I think since the line is not a graphic but actually text, it would appear different lengths depending on screen resolution. Because text sizes are a set # pixel per letter for each size.

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 2:36am
Ahh. Then it does depend on screen resolution. Thanks, guys. :)

I have 15" screens on both my computers and the high resolution just doesn't work for me. The text is just too small to read comfortably.

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:40am
Ahh. Then it does depend on screen resolution. Thanks, guys. :)

I have 15" screens on both my computers and the high resolution just doesn't work for me. The text is just too small to read comfortably.

No problem... I just got this new monitor for Christmas (Love my hubby and daughters!!) and am still getting used to the resolution.

Stanza_Rae
January 7th, 2007, 2:42am
here is a good link for you to pass out for text only siggys. Copy and paste a line of text into the box and it will count characters for you.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/charcount.shtml

pambanter
January 7th, 2007, 5:11am

Right before your post I made three posts explaining length, height and size. Your answer is in there.

Miki
January 7th, 2007, 12:17pm
How do I add the banner Pam made for me? Do I need to upload it to photobucket first? Is there a trick that I need to do before I add it, I mean with the sizing?

Nickyle
January 7th, 2007, 2:11pm
miki, go to your sig box, erase only your purple letters (leave your links alone) then put in:

[*IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9705/20791cc9.gif[/IMG]

go back and remove the * from the code. dont put in any extra spaces and you should be good to go.

Miki
January 7th, 2007, 2:27pm
miki, go to your sig box, erase only your purple letters (leave your links alone) then put in:

[*IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9705/20791cc9.gif[/IMG]

go back and remove the * from the code. dont put in any extra spaces and you should be good to go.

Thank you!

How does it look? Is it in compliance?

Thanks again for creating this for me Pam!

Nickyle
January 7th, 2007, 2:35pm
yes it is in compliance, pam did a good job.

fastfreddie1959
January 7th, 2007, 2:39pm
Thank you!

Width..407px....Must be 350.

Hight is ok.....59px

Size of file is ok.....5.32 KB (5447 bytes) :gvibes:

StarbucksAddict
January 7th, 2007, 2:45pm
Width..407px....Must be 350.

It has actually changed from 350x100 to 420x100, so 407 is fine.

fastfreddie1959
January 7th, 2007, 2:50pm
It has actually changed from 350x100 to 420x100, so 407 is fine.

Thanks for the updated info....didn't know this. :gvibes:

pambanter
January 7th, 2007, 3:56pm
Thank you!

You look soooo purty!

jofo3511
January 7th, 2007, 3:58pm
Just wondering if my siggy is ok? :sherlock:

pambanter
January 7th, 2007, 4:11pm
ARGH! It doesn't matter if you use itty bitty letters or only just text or whatever. What matters is it has to fit within a square no bigger than this...including all win and winzy and blingo links.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/pambanter/signaturecompliance.gif
So, since this square takes up the entire allowable space, you can't have a graphic this size and then add your winzy buttons underneath. You can't have your graphic AND the Winzy graphic And the Blingo graphic...that would be THREE not two pictures. You can't have a signature this size and then add writing under it, to the left of it, to the top of it, or anything. Everything in your signature has to fit in that box!

catlady13711
January 7th, 2007, 5:33pm
Thanks thinlizzy.. I'll just wait til the end of the month when I remove the vote line and then add my quote. :gvibes:

Nickyle
January 7th, 2007, 7:05pm
Just wondering if my siggy is ok? :sherlock:

it is 8 pixels over in height but it is not my call if a mod wants to delete it or not.
each line of text is 20+20+ your graphic is 68 = 108
does that help?

jofo3511
January 7th, 2007, 7:47pm
it is 8 pixels over in height but it is not my call if a mod wants to delete it or not.
each line of text is 20+20+ your graphic is 68 = 108
does that help?

Thanks! I changed the links so they are next to each other instead of under. :)

ThinLizzy
January 7th, 2007, 10:18pm
Thanks thinlizzy.. I'll just wait til the end of the month when I remove the vote line and then add my quote. :gvibes:
catlady, please disregard my previous instructions concerning your siggy. My understanding of text height was totally incorrect and what I suggested won't work and I'm sorry.

Your cat is 48 pixels tall. There is only enough room beneath the cat to add two more lines of standard sized text (size 2 or smaller). This would give you an overall height of 88 pixels...a third line of text beneath the cat would put you over the limit at 108 pixels.

You could add another line of text on either side of the cat, though.

polsky41
January 12th, 2007, 7:35pm
Originally Posted by pambanter

I have a Question, Are these rules for all including Mods? If so 12.68KB (12984Bytes) & 13.4KG (13726Bytes) Are theses under 12 KB? :sherlock: One I am pretty sure is a Mod, not sure about the other!

Karen_246
January 12th, 2007, 7:38pm
Originally Posted by pambanter

I have a Question, Are these rules for all including Mods? If so 12.68KB (12984Bytes) & 13.4KG (13726Bytes) Are theses under 12 KB? :sherlock: One I am pretty sure is a Mod, not sure about the other!

Brent says that as long as it is close they aren't going to worry about it:

As long as it's close (i.e. 13kb instead of 12kb), we're probably not going to worry about it.

polsky41
January 14th, 2007, 4:25am
Brent says that as long as it is close they aren't going to worry about it:
Very nice of Brent :gvibes: So when do I get my siggy back? :halo:

Nickyle
January 14th, 2007, 4:40am

polsky if it is that important to you please pm me and i will try to help you get back a sig you are happy with.

StarbucksAddict
January 14th, 2007, 10:34am

You can put the dog back, but you can't have your signature exactly as it was before-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/jpja40/Animate9.gifhttp://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=uK%2FozNj%2FaFjf5S%2BdrSagTZHvBK4JOIN ME AT BLINGO :welcome:

because two graphics together (dog and smilie) are over 14k. :)

MelBear
January 14th, 2007, 3:41pm
Mine was deleted as well! I only had 4 links to my win pages. (1 for each year).

irishlass226
January 15th, 2007, 1:23am
my signature is gone and all it said was

mom to a 6yo, 5 year breast cancer survivor

with a link to my wins page

its just gone it was only 2 lines, regular type with one smiley.

ThinLizzy
January 15th, 2007, 1:37am
How long were the lines? How much space was between them?

irishlass226
January 15th, 2007, 1:46am
this is what it looked like as best as I can remember.

mom to a great 6 yo :cloud9: Breast Cancer Survivor Story (http://cbs3.com/seenon/local_story_266172902.html)
My Wins

That was all 2 lines, that size text was barely a postage stamp. My wins was a link to my wins page, problem is its now gone and I can't find it, it had all my wins from 2003-end of 2006.) Thats why I am so frustrated. At the holidays I had a different siggy and I think that was too big. So I went back to my orginal right when they started deleting siggys. My very small orginal one was there a week or so ago. Its the right size, one smiley. no idea why it was deleted.

I really just want my link back to my wins page. I cant get to it and if not then I give up b/c I had it up to date with 4 years of wins. It is my only list of wins and no way can I recreate it.

ThinLizzy
January 15th, 2007, 1:55am
That definitely falls within the guidelines size-wise, and I don't see anything wrong with the content of the link, either. Perhaps you should pm a moderator. I think they copy the signatures before they delete them so hopefully nothing is lost.

irishlass226
January 15th, 2007, 2:20am
Thanks. I will try to find a mod. I just need url of the page that was hosting my wins page. It wasnt on OLS.

irishlass226
January 15th, 2007, 3:27am
Ok, well I found a link to my wins page. So I am doing :jump: happy dance.

I also tried to redo my sig. Hope its right.

Time for me to get some sleep.

Thanks for your help.

pandka
January 15th, 2007, 9:30am
Nickyles made me a signature. I only had it one day and it's gone. It still shows up in my profile but not my post. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Nevermind. It's back again. I'm getting confused. :smile9:

MelBear
January 15th, 2007, 11:41am
Mine was all on 1 line (only clickable links and no pics). Could that be the problem?

Wontpayretail23
January 15th, 2007, 12:13pm
Thanks for e-mail letting me know that you need to be here 90 to have a winzy/blingo button in your signature button even if you have 100+ signatures or if your green. I didn't know that. Guess I'll be counting the days.

MelBear
January 15th, 2007, 1:32pm
I'm confused as well! I'll just wait and see if this disappears now too, since I haven't heard from anyone.

kbsocial
April 23rd, 2007, 9:34am
Lots of signatures are being deleted - a lot of the Winzy signatures are too big - and if a Winzy and Blingo siggy are paired together they still need to be under 420x100 combined - most are not. If your siggy is missing - that may be the case. Please help us by checking out your signature and making sure its compliant - or its probably going to get deleted as volunteers come across it or it gets reported. Thanks!!