PDA

View Full Version : Final Four tickets!

lex2100
March 25th, 2003, 5:51pm
Well, I'm thinking I might have to sell my Final Four tickets. First I want to see if anyone here is interested. I don't have them yet (supposed to get them tomorrow) so I should know where the seats are by then I hope. I'm just a little nervous selling them on e-bay, I don't want to get ripped off. What exactly is the process of selling things there of large value? I mean do you wait for the money to show up in your Pay Pal account BEFORE you send the tickets off to the buyer or do you do it at the same time and trust the person won't scam you? I'm new at this and have never sold anything on e-bay before.

Will write more when I get the tickets and where the seats are.

But for now....anyone interested?

Micky
March 25th, 2003, 5:56pm
ohhhhh man, I'd love to go to the Final Four and see DUKE win it all yet again :D
But alas, I can't take you up on the offer :(

HSlater351
March 25th, 2003, 5:56pm
I would NEVER send anything until payment has been received and for a high value item I would make sure I was paid via paypal or creditcard (through Ebay).

Goodluck getting a good price for your tickets!

lex2100
March 25th, 2003, 6:15pm
Yeah, but how do they know you'd actually send them the tickets? Or if I even had tickets? I'm sure there are so many people getting scammed for these tickets right now. At the same time I wouldn't send anybody any money without getting the item first either. I'm thinking of selling them to a ticket exchange place in town, but of course I won't know anything until I know exactly where the seats are first.

I wish I could go to the games but thanks to my boyfriend, who all the sudden has to get back "a couple days early", has put a damper on our trip and I'm not going to the games by myself. I have no date. I'm dateless. Oh wait, wasn't this gonna be a singles dating service, didn't we have a thread going on that? There are some pretty hot people on this board! Unfortunately the New Orleans air/hotel tickets are non-transferable or I'd sell the whole package deal!

HSlater351
March 25th, 2003, 6:18pm
Originally posted by lex2100
Yeah, but how do they know you'd actually send them the tickets? Or if I even had tickets?

I would post a digital image of the tickets in the auction listing. Part of the success of Ebay is the trust involved. You trust the buyer to pay and the buyer trusts you to honestly describe the product being sold.

If you have good feedback then no one will doubt that you have the tickets.

StarbucksAddict
March 25th, 2003, 7:11pm
Originally posted by Micky
ohhhhh man, I'd love to go to the Final Four and see DUKE win it all yet again :D

:cheer: :grin5: :cheer: :grin5: :cheer: :grin5: :cheer:

You said it!!! Unfortunately, I can't use the tickets either. We'll just have to watch em win it all again from the comfort of our own homes, champagne in hand :grin5:

GO BLUE DEVILS !!!!!!!!

*Star

PS - Micky, did I ever tell you where I was 1992 for the Kentucky - Duke game?? No? Ok, I'll tell ya.. AT THE SPECTRUM IN PHILLY WATCHING IT UNFOLD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME :eek:

Micky
March 25th, 2003, 7:20pm
OMG!! you got to see Christian Laettner up close and personal??
whewsies, that man makes me drool
I was heartbroken when he got married lol

StarbucksAddict
March 25th, 2003, 7:30pm
Well..not exactly up close, rofl.. I was in the second level of seating behind one of the baskets. The tickets alone cost $275, and that was just for me! Couldn't find anyone else willing to put out that much for 3 basketball games.. ROFL

I have a Laettner autographed basketball.. a can of Duke blue Soda that's about 12 years old..lol.. The article the People Magazine ran on Laettner a month or so after that game...and every news article I could get my hands on at the time about the game.. I've got half a scrapbook full of stuff just from that game. Also have the newspaper articles from Bobby Hurley's car crash :rolleyes: He really could've done something in the NBA... But luckily he's still alive and healthy.

*Star

Micky
March 25th, 2003, 9:22pm
oh geez, talk about a bonehead!
how he screwed up his life is unreal
remember when he kept having to run off the court his freshman year in the game cause he was so scared he couldn't stop going to the bathroom?? lol
man that was hilarious

StarbucksAddict
March 25th, 2003, 9:32pm
If I remember right, the crash wasn't his fault - wasn't some dumba** in a truck driving around after dark without headlights?You had to feel bad for him and his stomach during that game, though... and man were those UNLV players a bunch of slimebags. Hated to see them win. :mad:

*Star

JudyS
March 25th, 2003, 9:37pm
Lex....I have been selling on ebay for 4 yrs now....List them...with a buy it now price...take a digital pic.....paypal only. Make sure you post shipping as priority mail rates, dekivery confirmation. Once you receive funds..send out your tix. Make sure whoever buys/bids is a verified user with a confirmed addy..(in paypal)I've been burnt a few times that way...Good Luck!

Micky
March 26th, 2003, 7:43am
I thought it was Bobby without the lights on?
I dunno, I must be wrong
Gawd, the rumors that were flying around Durham were unreal
Christian and Grant Hill are of course best friends and were roommates at school. Well, there was a rumor they were gay :rolleyes:
Gawd that peeped me off. Just the thought of someone as gorgeous as Christian being wasted like that was horrible lol
Christian and Grant are trying to revitalize downtown Durham and they're here a lot. I swear I'm'll drive up there the next time he's here for a fundraiser to get a better view :D

StarbucksAddict
March 26th, 2003, 8:56am
Actually, I think it was Christian Laettner and Brian Davis that were best friends. I don't think CL and GH got on too well..lol

And I know what you mean about CL.. He had all the right in the world to be an arrogant )(*%# - he was talented AND friggin hot :eek: For years, I used either his jersey # or the date of the Kentucky game as like, my PIN # or VM password..rofl

*Star

johnpatrick
March 26th, 2003, 12:27pm
Lex,

Don't hesitate to sell your tickets on EBay. I just sold 4 Regional Finals tickets for $1100. No problem at all!!

Micky
March 26th, 2003, 1:52pm
hmm
well, at the banquets and things for the revitalization for downtown Durham, they said Grant and Christian were roommates and best friends
Of course, that may just have been for show
They must have gotten over their dislike, they're doing a pretty good job working together now
Course, with age comes wisdom, supposedly
Maybe it worked in this case lol

lex2100
March 26th, 2003, 8:09pm
Thanks for your help with the e-bay thing everyone. I still didn't get the package today so I'll keep my eyes open for it tomorrow.

KINGSWEEPER
March 26th, 2003, 8:42pm
I SELL & BUY ON EBAY ALOT
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
GOOD LUCK
YOU CAN TAKE THAT $$$ TO THE BANK
CHECK OUT WHAT THEY ARE GOING FOR NOW TO
SET YOUR STARTING BID:cheer: