PDA

View Full Version : Sony Watchman Color TV With Built-In AM/FM Radio Tuner and Speaker

OnyeaboM
March 8th, 2003, 6:46pm
2.2" LCD Color Screen
Built-In Speaker
Color: Metallic Silver
Headphone Jack

It's unopened.
It's valued at $119.00
It's a Sony.

1st to PM me or post here a good offer gets it.

moviemave
March 8th, 2003, 7:30pm
uhm - how about two cans of planters peanuts?

OnyeaboM
March 8th, 2003, 10:34pm
Sure, i'll take that................. NOT! :)

amberlin96
March 8th, 2003, 10:44pm
I wish I had something good to trade, I was sure trying to win one of those. I wanted to have one during football season, to take to bingo with me so I dont have to choose between bingo and the Bucs! Maybe youll hang on to it for a little while. Great win though!!!:smile3: :smile3: :smile3:

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 12:10am
I probably WILL hang on to it for a while because I never get good offers immediately for the big wins I post here that I want to trade. PM me anytime you want or (leave a message here if it's still visible by the time you want it ). :)

nitrodpup
March 9th, 2003, 12:18am
3 bags of M&M's and a sase

eric57791
March 9th, 2003, 12:22am
How about a crisp, brand new, never circulated until now, Andrew Jackson?

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 12:42am
Originally posted by nitrodpup
3 bags of M&M's and a sase

Sheesh......not you again.

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 12:49am
Originally posted by eric57791
How about a crisp, brand new, never circulated until now, Andrew Jackson?

No thanks man. That's just a twenty. :)

JoniHaynes
March 9th, 2003, 9:37am
Here's my offer......also unopened.

http://www.nowevolution.com/products/EV-64AMX.html

Joni....Ain't giving up my Planters Nuts! ;)

Ron
March 9th, 2003, 2:23pm
I have pm'd you :)

candes
March 9th, 2003, 2:50pm
Well, if you have children, I will trade this. It has been sitting in my prize box. Never used!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/optics/intelplay/

Cecilia

randypro
March 9th, 2003, 4:01pm
How about a Killians Poster and A Sky Vodka Poster in 1 sweet package deal?:D

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 5:36pm
Originally posted by candes
Well, if you have children, I will trade this. It has been sitting in my prize box. Never used!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/optics/intelplay/

Cecilia

Hi!

Cool item. Thanks for the offer but, I don't have any kids. :)

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 5:37pm
Originally posted by randypro
How about a Killians Poster and A Sky Vodka Poster in 1 sweet package deal?:D

LOL. I don't even think those add up to equal $10. :)

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 5:41pm
Originally posted by JoniHaynes
Here's my offer......also unopened.

http://www.nowevolution.com/products/EV-64AMX.html

Joni....Ain't giving up my Planters Nuts! ;)

Hi.
I checked it out. If it was a 128 MB or 256MB mp3 player and made by Rio or Nike or Sony, I wouldn't have hesitated to trade.
I also checked the page and saw that you need to download patches from their site (already!) just to make sure the player starts up all the time! LOL. Thanks for the offer. I really do appreciate it.

OnyeaboM
March 9th, 2003, 5:43pm
Hi folks.

I didn't state this in my first post so here it is for those who need it:

(SONY) FDL-22OR

randypro
March 9th, 2003, 9:54pm
download patches from their site (already) just make sure the player starts up all the time! ????? Maybe just your Choice of one of the posters!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

eric57791
March 9th, 2003, 10:28pm
I just got my Killian's poster... she is very nice. I'd be tempted to trade if I didn't have my own :grin5:

Is the Sky Vodka poster current? I missed it but I did get a St Pauli Girl recently. And is the Sky poster as nice as the Killian's one?

Eric

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 9:52am
Come on......serious offers folks. I thought I was gonna need this TV before I started entering the sweep for it but now I see that I don't. It's unopened and it's a Sony! Brand new! :)

jaskolka
March 10th, 2003, 10:06am
I'll give you $30 + shipping:cheer2:

jaskolka
March 10th, 2003, 10:41am
I can pay you with paypal if you have that.

randypro
March 10th, 2003, 10:44am
Eric, O YEAH. everybit as nice!:D

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 10:50am
I don't have PayPal.

jaskolka
March 10th, 2003, 10:51am
Then I'll send cash.

outlook1
March 10th, 2003, 10:52am
I'll offer you $45 + shipping........and I live right here in Alabama, too!! Could either send you a cashier check or money order...whichever you prefer! Or if you live close enough.....could even pick up in person w/cash!

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 10:55am
Looking good outlook1. Do you have a gift card/certificate to a retail store you could add to that? If so, it's yours.

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 10:57am
I live not too far from Hoover. Even if you don't live near there, you could send with regular mail and it would get to me in 1 day! :)

jaskolka
March 10th, 2003, 11:06am
too rich for my blood. Good luck to all !!!!
and save me the HGTV house.

outlook1
March 10th, 2003, 11:06am
No, sorry I don't, but I'll up my offer to $50 +shipping to compensate. Hey, I don't live too far......Talladega........we camped at Oak Mountain this weekend. We were practically in your back yard!! Hoover and Trussville are my two most favorite places to shop..........

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 11:15am
Yep. Hoover definitely rocks. Two words: Riverchase Galleria!
Awesome place to go! Haven't been to Trussville (recently).

Ok, here's my offer: $70. Whaddaya say? (Please take into consideration the item and its brand & value - $50 off its retail price). :)

outlook1
March 10th, 2003, 11:26am
I think that model has been discontinued and replaced with another one that retails slightly cheaper (screen area is a bit smaller, too)............but I understand your situation. Will have to think about it and get back with you later.

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 11:41am
Sure, no problem.

As for it being discontinued and what not, I don't know. What I do know is that I won it recently from the Supercheats.com sweep that just ended February 28th. And the sponser had about 28 of them to give away.

If no one else decides to take it before you do (if you do), it's still here for the taking.

Also, Sony's electronics store site www.sonystyle.com did not turn up any search results when I typed in 'watchman' as a search key so, I went to www.amazon.com :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=electronics&field-keywords=watchman&search-type=ss&bq=1/002-4432690-7392860

There are/were 6 results. The screen sizes barely differ from the one of mine plus (there's only one that's bigger and it is discontinued/not stocked), there is one with a screen size listed exactly the same as mine.

In overall size, mine looks like it's the biggest, from the images.

This is the exact one I have and it have great reviews for it by people who have actually used it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004VVJR/qid=1047313890/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/002-4432690-7392860?v=glance&s=electronics

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 11:43am
....It's Great Reviews From Owners Of It

For anyone interested, check the exact one I have here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004VVJR/qid=1047313890/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/002-4432690-7392860?v=glance&s=electronics

pearllee
March 10th, 2003, 12:18pm
Thanks for the amazon tip. It looks like you can get the new updated version for 79 dollars from amazon. pearllee

OnyeaboM
March 10th, 2003, 12:21pm
Pearlee, if you say so. LOL.

Why is that one valued at $79.99 and mine is valued at $119.00 ?

Simple: The 'updated version' (as you call it) is radioless. Mine has an AM/FM radio BUILT-IN. The $79 one doesn't even have any kind of radio. Plus, mine probably has better features overall. Updated indeed. :)

Also: Look at mine and look at the cheaper one: Look how inferior it is. So small, so plain. Mine is metallic and bigger and has more features. :)

eric57791
March 10th, 2003, 4:27pm
FYI Ebay value tops out at $60 most were in the low $50's

Ron
March 10th, 2003, 11:20pm
OnyeaboM,

The model you have is old technology. It uses a passive matrix LCD screen.

Current watchman products ( http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/tv/watchman/index.shtml ) use active matrix technology which is brighter and produces better color than passive-matrix displays. You also get a wider viewing angle with an active matrix screen. The FDL-252T has sold for $73.00 on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3008845696&category=11074

Now you can always sell the item to an antique collector like me :p

-Ron

nitrodpup
March 10th, 2003, 11:48pm
You send me $75.00 and the TV and I'll trade you an autographed mini Marshall University football helmet signed by Randy Moss in his rookie season with the Vikes. Helmet has a low end retail of $150.00 and comes with photo from the signing and affidavet as well.

If you are not interested in the helmet, then anyone else here a Vikings or Randy Moss fan?? Lets talk as since this is the off season I'm ready to make a deal.

Ravin
March 11th, 2003, 12:17am
Actually these are very nice TV's since i won one recently as well.. my hubby watch the race yesterday while eatting at the table and the picture was pretty good since we live out. It is the beginning of the year and newer models are coming out. But when I received mine just at the beginning of march it did retail online at around $100. I am not interested in buying it but good luck in selling it. its a fun little tv.. it even scans for channels!

randypro
March 11th, 2003, 9:47am
nitrodpud, ok I'll Give those 2 posters for the helmet pkg:D

OnyeaboM
March 11th, 2003, 2:50pm
Originally posted by Ravin
Actually these are very nice TV's since i won one recently as well.. my hubby watch the race yesterday while eatting at the table and the picture was pretty good since we live out. It is the beginning of the year and newer models are coming out. But when I received mine just at the beginning of march it did retail online at around $100. I am not interested in buying it but good luck in selling it. its a fun little tv.. it even scans for channels!

Ravin, gotta love how people come to this post to post negative nonsense. Every time I win something and post it, someone always comes along to say something bad or negative about the prize. It's almost like it's their way of coping for being a sore loser. So far, there are like 3 or 4 of those such types of people in this single thread alone.

Have a good one folks :) & get over it few, negative vibed ones.

OnyeaboM
March 11th, 2003, 3:01pm
Originally posted by Ron
OnyeaboM,

The model you have is old technology. It uses a passive matrix LCD screen.

Current watchman products ( http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/tv/watchman/index.shtml ) use active matrix technology which is brighter and produces better color than passive-matrix displays. You also get a wider viewing angle with an active matrix screen. The FDL-252T has sold for $73.00 on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3008845696&category=11074

Now you can always sell the item to an antique collector like me :p

-Ron

Well Ron, I NEVER expected to sell it for the $119 value that was listed in the sweeps rules, I just stated what it was. I have never sold a prize I've won at full value. Plus, buying it from me, you have an extra reassurance of knowing that you get what you asked for. I won it from a sweepstakes that many people on this board know about. Better than Ebay anyday if you ask me. No risk on my end. Risk using Ebay. All that you've typed above is boring man and I know someone will take this TV off my hands eventually and despite all you said. It's a great TV! LOL. Later dude. :rolleyes: <------ Yep, I really am rolling my eyes at ya. Ha!

randypro
March 11th, 2003, 3:26pm
Sorry Dude if I was negative, Just haven some fun don't have a cow man!:D

OnyeaboM
March 11th, 2003, 3:54pm
Originally posted by randypro
Sorry Dude if I was negative, Just haven some fun don't have a cow man!:D

Have a cow? LOL. Not me man. I'm used to it. It's actually funny. It's like you're trying to hinder my 'Prize Exchange'. It's cool though, no worries. Very entertaining stuff.

randypro
March 11th, 2003, 4:02pm
Oh yea, Just remembered, I do have A wedding book that was 1st prize from lifetime that I could be persuaded to throw in on the trade:D

Ron
March 11th, 2003, 9:34pm
OnyeaboM,

You are right, my post was boring. I apologize.

Thanks,

-Ron

amberlin96
March 12th, 2003, 12:07am
Play nice boys!!:laugh:

OnyeaboM
March 12th, 2003, 10:19am
Originally posted by Ron
OnyeaboM,

You are right, my post was boring. I apologize.

Thanks,

-Ron

Apology unaccepted & you're NOT welcome. :laugh:

kbsocial
March 12th, 2003, 10:37am
Bo I'm thinking you aren't going to get the trade you want from the boards - you may want to try an alternate avenue:)

OnyeaboM
March 12th, 2003, 11:31am
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. LOL

OnyeaboM
March 12th, 2003, 1:03pm
That was so lame. I said in earlier posts that I had plans for it before even entering the sweep. Saw that I didn't need it anymore after I had won it.
Dude, don't be so sore because you're not winning. :nay:

OnyeaboM
April 5th, 2003, 6:04pm
SOLD finally.

Cool fact: Sold for a higher price than all the weak bids placed in this thread earlier and despite all the negative posts from others. :)

JoniHaynes
April 5th, 2003, 8:23pm
....you can fool some of the people some of the time, and all of the people some of the time.....
Just kidding! Congratulations on the sale!

Joni

OnyeaboM
April 6th, 2003, 10:31am
Thanks. It was a cool win.....one of my better ones. :)

eric57791
April 6th, 2003, 5:24pm
It's a shame that you couldn't win something you'd want, however thats better than nothing at all! :D

luvscats36
April 9th, 2003, 3:58pm
Hi Bo,
I recieved the TV today, Thanks so much. It works great and will be perfect for work so I can catch up on my shows. I had a wonderful experience dealing with you and hope I can purchase from you again in the future, Thanks again, Val

OnyeaboM
April 9th, 2003, 4:29pm
Hi Val,

I'm glad you got the TV and I'm happy you're enjoying it. You're very welcome and I hope I do have something to offer you again in the future. :)

Thanks a lot for being an awesome customer.:grin4: