PDA

View Full Version : ok do people really win?

mAC41090
July 11th, 2006, 6:39pm
Ok do you really win... what is the percentage that your going to win.. i mean come on? I did it everyday for 3 weeks and won nothing... but yet people are winning a lot of stuff...

ok so my qusetion is.... for the people that win.. are you doing this ALL day or do you do only like 100 a day or what..
And if your a person that wins a lot.. whats the average outcome a week.. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4??

Just wondering because i'm frustrated that i can't win anything :tired:

Xarah
July 11th, 2006, 6:42pm
Well considering that you've only been doing it 3 weeks...you're not going to see anything yet.

EAGarner78
July 11th, 2006, 6:46pm
Agreed...you need a little more persistence than three weeks.

yellowsnider
July 11th, 2006, 6:48pm
You may have won something and you don't know it. I just got a win yesterday from a sweep that ended last october.

EAGarner78
July 11th, 2006, 6:54pm
You may have won something and you don't know it. I just got a win yesterday from a sweep that ended last october.

This is true. Sweep sponsors sometimes contact you months after a sweepstakes ends, or a win might just show up at your doorstep or in your mailbox unannounced. Just be patient and keep entering...a win will come!

tennisrn
I entered for 3 months before I won the first small thing- usually spending 30-45 min per night online

one_nanana
honestly, people do win.
My wins have increased substancialy since the begining of this year, and I started in October of '05.

Facts:
I have about 2,400 expired sweeps that I've entered.
In the past few months, I usually enter about 200 sweeps a day.
I have won over 40 times this year.

Lately, (since I've been doing 200 sweeps a day) I've been winning AT LEAST once a week.

This is why OLS is here. I know it's discouraging to not get any wins, but for me, it's encouraging to know that people do actually win these things.
Look for inspiration on the winner's page. Do the MOCs. Have patience. This is a hobby that people do to have fun. This is not a way to get rich quick.

TrishMc107
July 11th, 2006, 6:56pm
3 weeks is nothing. It takes a lot of time, patience and entries. New sweepers think they're going to win lots immediately. Could happen but probably won't. For every win here there are way more losing. I won a sweep and they told me there were 200,000 qualified entries. Only 1 person won out of all those entries. A lot of dqs so be careful.

Personally I've been having a real dry spell.

feta
July 11th, 2006, 6:56pm
Ok do you really win... what is the percentage that your going to win.. i mean come on? I did it everyday for 3 weeks and won nothing... but yet people are winning a lot of stuff...

ok so my qusetion is.... for the people that win.. are you doing this ALL day or do you do only like 100 a day or what..
And if your a person that wins a lot.. whats the average outcome a week.. 1 or 2 or 3 or 4??

'well join the crowd' or at least me .... i sit here 5-7 hours each and every single day, except when i may be ill with flu or something and i havent won a grand prize in 3 yrs and 3 months since i first started doing this but im sure there are people who just win and are lucky, maybe you're not a lucly one' I dont know. Sure I can win a weekly monthly or instant here and there but the Big one has always been out of reach for me, sorry to say, but I keep trying ... Lia

one_nanana
July 11th, 2006, 6:57pm
This is true. Sweep sponsors sometimes contact you months after a sweepstakes ends, or a win might just show up at your doorstep or in your mailbox unannounced. Just be patient and keep entering...a win will come!
:yesyes:
MY FIRST WIN CAME UNANNOUNCED. My name was up on a webpage, and I didn't even know it! It was spelled wrong too, so even if I did a google search, I wouldn't have known that it was there.

Vermonter
July 11th, 2006, 6:57pm
I enter for about an hour a day, and I win!! I've won over $3000 worth of prizes in 2006. It is very possible to win!! A lot of my strategy has to do with not expecting anything. I enter every morning and then forget about them.

I know it can get frustrating to enter and not win anything. My mom has been entering and is in that situation. It depends on if you feel it is worth it to keep putting the time in or not. I wish you much good luck! :)

inspiringmind
July 11th, 2006, 7:00pm
people really win. I started sweeping in May and have won quite a bit. In two weeks in June I was averaging 4 to 5 wins a week. This week I have won 6 times. (Mostly instants) Right now I am doing about 480 daily sweeps and then I go to my single entry ones. Keep trying and you will win too!

peachis
July 11th, 2006, 7:05pm
um a big fat YES lol. But hun you cannot just pop in for 3 weeks and expect to hit it big.Now dont get me wrong, some people DO get really lucky quickly,but that's not often.Someone else said it best.."Sweeping is not for sissy's" You have to have to put time and effort into it. I have been doing this for about 2 years and my wins are in my siggy.Everything you win IS a win. NO matter how small a win is, it's still wonderful that you won something.I enter about 2 hours every single night when my angel is sleeping, and catch up new and expireds when she is napping in the day. I have almost 5,000 expireds, 5 paqges of daily's then 24 hours ,weekly's ect...just keep at it, And you WILL win.

much luck to you!

tiffnat
July 11th, 2006, 7:07pm
doing 200-300 sweeps a day I win about 2 a week-very few of my wins over $100-it takes patience and keep entering.

whip52
July 11th, 2006, 7:15pm
UPS showed up yesterday with a 4 oz bottle of sunscreen from Neutrogena. I entered this one in Shape magazine in April. Thank goodness for the "My Expired Sweeps" feature. I would have never known where it came from. Sure surprised me!

Just keep at it. Ya never know.

stah
July 11th, 2006, 7:15pm
Yes, people really do whine.

JACK SPARROW
July 11th, 2006, 7:16pm
nobody on here wins a darn thing. we sweep all day and night because we have nothing better to do with our lives. we're really not trying to win anything we like to spend our time on the computer. don't bother with the hobby unless you want to lose. :grin5:

JACK SPARROW
July 11th, 2006, 7:17pm
Yes, people really do whine.
Yes, there be plenty of whine on here, but I prefer rum!!! :yum:

Maprinces3
July 11th, 2006, 7:18pm
Looking for instant gratification then stick to the instants...

Three weeks is not long at all. I did this for about 2 years before a huge win, and maybe 8 months before I had a 500.00 plus win!

Snerd2123
July 11th, 2006, 7:23pm
I have been sweeping about 2 years. I would say I spend about 2-3 hours a weekend, just on OLS and cannot say how many I have entered (some once and some daily's) but I can tell you be patient.....My guess would be that I enter about 100 each weekend. Since January 2006 I have won about 35 prizes (that is probably because more end of year contests that ended) some small things like bath lotions, perfume, posters, t shirts and also a portable dvd player, movies, magazine subscriptions, wine glasses, cash for recipe contest 100.00, legos, childrens books and movies, childrens dvd's, music cd's, digital camera and 3 large prizes that required affidavits, a samsung home theater system arv 1200.00 and a Kodak scientific diital camera system arv about 1500.00...and Dreyers Ice Cream year supply with a nice embroidered blanket, a blockbuster gift card, board game and camera, it is really worth it, especially when surprises show up in the mailbox...it is like Christmas every week...keep trying--but only if you are enjoying your time doing it! It has become a hobby for me and it is about all I use my computer for besides research and shopping. I would not give up yet....I would guess during year I get about 1-4 things in mailbox a month throughout the year and than end of year comes and it seems prizes come almost daily throughout the next couple months. Than there are the instant wins...that 70's shirt, botox robe, free pizza, nascar hardhat, Superman Lays duffle bag, superman action toy, portable cd players....GOOD LUCK-KEEP ON TRYING!!

cocoroe
July 11th, 2006, 7:28pm
three weeks ha ... i took me 3 months before ....i finally won something ... now i win all the time .... but , you have keep entering every day ! good luck :cool2: please give it more time

terrismiles
July 11th, 2006, 7:30pm
Yep! People DO win! Check out my wins list for the proof! :grin5:

Tesla
July 11th, 2006, 7:36pm
Yes, people win.

I've been sweeping for 18 months now entering on the average 1200+ sweeps a month (300+ a day are daily entries) and I have won approx. $12,500+ in cash and prizes since I have started. Not to shabby eh? I don't think so.

jenninshelby
July 11th, 2006, 7:43pm
Just keep entering and entering! You WILL win!! Good Luck!! :bounce:

Frogface
July 11th, 2006, 7:46pm
'well join the crowd' or at least me .... i sit here 5-7 hours each and every single day, except when i may be ill with flu or something and i havent won a grand prize in 3 yrs and 3 months since i first started doing this but im sure there are people who just win and are lucky, maybe you're not a lucly one' I dont know. Sure I can win a weekly monthly or instant here and there but the Big one has always been out of reach for me, sorry to say, but I keep trying ... Lia

I joined just a few months before you did and just finally won my first BIG win a couple of weeks ago so I know how you feel. I only do it about an hour in the morning (no roboform) and enter about 100. I love the SHAZAM button and cable internet. I've timed it and it sometimes takes me less then 15 seconds to enter and go to the next page.

Embee
July 11th, 2006, 7:48pm
It's tons of perserverance, and work too. (and a little luck and timing doesn't hurt either) I have roughly 200 dailies, I only take off Fridays and Saturdays.

3 weeks is not a lot of time. If you keep at it, the wins will come.

In 3 years of sweeping I've averaged about $6,000 in wins per year. But I work a couple of hours a day to get them. Good Luck! :gvibes:

quiltfisher
July 11th, 2006, 7:55pm
Been at online sweepstaking for a couple years. Won several small prizes, and the odd large prize (a $350 Purina gift basket, 5 disc DVD player from Celebrity Cafe) but nothing totally major until recently.... In May I won a Bose LifeStyle 48 DVD Home Entertainment System (ARV 3,999), last month I won a Samsung audio/video MP3 (ARV 149.99), a $50 gas card, X-Men T-shirt, and was notified a few days ago of a book win I really wanted.

Sweepstaking certainly isn't a hobby for those desiring instant gratification. It is painstaking, often times demoralizing and depressing. However, if you don't enter you certainly can't win.

We all get down when we've had a long losing streak and think, "What am I doing this for, what's the use?" Then a winning e-mail arrives or a prize just shows up unannounced. The adrenaline starts pumping again and the sweepstaking effort is renewed.

Remember, IT IS A HOBBY. Hobbies are to be enjoyed, not relied upon to pick up the tab for all of life's bills. When you get fed up, disgusted, disgruntled, leave it alone for a week or so. Be selective in what you enter. If you enter every single sweep, day after day, you'll sour quickly. Find some prizes you really, really want with all of your heart and enter them with gusto. Then as your spirits pick back up, enter more.

If you enjoy sweepstaking, as a hobby, don't give up. Things will perk up for you. Try to remain optimistic and have fun with it. Good luck and I hope the win wind blows your way.

ns4181979
July 11th, 2006, 7:55pm
Nope you don't really win. LOL...really though it takes time and entering and persistence. If you really enter and stick with it (plus go green, it helps) you will see wins. It takes a little bit. But if hand in there and keep entering you will win. Good luck. It took me about 1 1/2 months to win. Then from there on out I have been winning.

angelfish
July 11th, 2006, 8:00pm
Yes! Keep at it and good luck! Remember "ya gotta be in it, to win it!"

mytrn2wn12
July 11th, 2006, 8:00pm
This is a great hobby and with time, patience and persistance It pays off! Don't give up!!
The wins will come in!! Good-Luck!!

tinytiger
July 11th, 2006, 8:02pm
Of Course you won't win.
Nobody does.
The contests are just a way for you to stare at the sponsor's name on the computer screen. It is hopeless.
Give up now.
Spend all your time in the forums.
It is way more fun.
:smile8:

Debberly
July 11th, 2006, 8:11pm

My sister won a trip to Hawaii. The sweep ended in March and it wasn't until 3 months later, in June, that she was notified.

You need staying power here. Keep entering. If you give up now, you may miss out on a HUGE win.

BTW, 5 days after she found out about Hawaii, she won another Grand Prize trip to the Grand Canyon. She's been sweeping 6 months. I've been sweeping hard for 15 months and have never won a trip :tired:

bunnytoes
July 11th, 2006, 8:15pm
I started in February this year and went green a couple of weeks later (even though I swore I would never pay to enter sweeps :laugh:) I paid for a 3 month membership to see what I was missing, and almost to the day it was to expire, I won a GP. Less than 3 weeks later, I won another GP. Needless to say, I immediately signed up for a yearly membership! My family laughed at me when I started doing this, but now I get to do the laughing! Just keep at it, and I truly believe you will start winning. Also, go green....it is well worth it!

shoppinqueen
July 11th, 2006, 8:28pm
I started beginning of Dec, I hit my first big win on a sweep that ended on dec 31st---but wasn't notofied of that win till mid Feb. I get a prize or two a week now but it took 6 months of steady entering,entering,entering.Don't forget,it takes many judging agencies weeks/months to choose/notify winners and it can take weeks after that to receive prizes.

Lawrence86
July 11th, 2006, 8:30pm
take a look at this

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354672

it you got to remember not everyone post and these are just grand prize :grin5:

alisha5024
July 11th, 2006, 8:35pm
Keep trying u will get a win sooner or later. Good Luck :)

shoppinqueen
July 11th, 2006, 8:41pm
here's my latest prize,just picked it up last night =ARV $1,500 and boy is it beautiful

Boston magazine-get inside Boston

x1 entry per week

Prize: An Elyse Jewelers belt of handwoven gold and other precious metals, set with a round brilliant-cut diamond.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/geekbabe/

bigskwinner
July 11th, 2006, 8:43pm
enter mainly canada only contests, 300+ a day and have an average of at least one win a week

one_nanana
July 11th, 2006, 8:51pm
here's my latest prize,just picked it up last night =ARV $1,500 and boy is it beautiful

x1 entry per week

Prize: An Elyse Jewelers belt of handwoven gold and other precious metals, set with a round brilliant-cut diamond.

ah here is someone WHO NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER wins! :laugh:

shoppinqueen
July 11th, 2006, 8:59pm
ah here is someone WHO NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER wins! :laugh:

lol,nope I'm a big loser :laugh:

angelfish
July 11th, 2006, 9:01pm

x1 entry per week

You're supposed to put that on and model it for us! :)

purplemist
July 11th, 2006, 9:11pm
I have been sweeping for 3 months. I uaually spend about 1 1/2 hours a day entering. I have won a total of $828.43 in cash and prizes!!! It DOES happen!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ronthesweeper
July 11th, 2006, 9:22pm
Does every win in Las Vegas? Some do and some don't. Why would you think this is any different?

cherylbas
July 11th, 2006, 9:30pm
Believe me, you do win, but you have to have patience, If you've only entered for 3 weeks, most of those sweeps probably haven't ended yet. Then, they could contact you right away, or sometimes it takes a month or so to be notified. Sweeping is definately not for the"I want it NOW" generation. Put in your time, and it will come to you! Good Luck! :type:

ariel36
July 11th, 2006, 9:41pm
Of Course you won't win.
Nobody does.
The contests are just a way for you to stare at the sponsor's name on the computer screen. It is hopeless.
Give up now.
Spend all your time in the forums.
It is way more fun.
:smile8:

:laugh:

And I love your Yoda quote!

OP, check out people's siggy's - some have links to win lists (like mine). Yes, you can win.

ettennan
July 11th, 2006, 10:25pm
Do you just enter every sweepsatke regardless of what the prize is? Also, I don't undersatnd how you folks are able to physically enter so many. Don't you have to click on each one, hit auto fill, enter BD and sex, hit submit, close window, go to next sweep and repeat? Is there a way to enter multiple sweeps at once?

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

angie79
July 11th, 2006, 10:32pm
Do you just enter every sweepsatke regardless of what the prize is? Also, I don't undersatnd how you folks are able to physically enter so many. Don't you have to click on each one, hit auto fill, enter BD and sex, hit submit, close window, go to next sweep and repeat? Is there a way to enter multiple sweeps at once?

Roboform will fill ALL of it out for you. It even allows you to save the forms. If a sweep has a survey with it you can save the form and just hit one button next time you enter and it's all filled out for you.

Also if you go green (Premium) you get Shazam which will open all sweeps on a page of your MySweeps at once. You still have to fill the info out, but you don't have to click each individual sweep to open them.

And to the OP. I doubted sweepstakes in the past. Never thought people actually won them. Not anymore. YES, people really do win.

Miki
July 12th, 2006, 5:58am
I have won several wonderful prizes including a Dr.pepper mini cooper, ipod mini, vegas trip, etc. Goodluck to you.

missrosepedel
July 12th, 2006, 6:09am
of course people win silly lol

cgroverla
July 12th, 2006, 6:16am
The key is to be happy with what you win and never count on winning. I'm happy with a keychain or t-shirt...but yes I have won big too. As you can see from the posts, sweeping 7 hours a day will not guarantee you a grand prize. I won several big prizes last year, this year, nothing over $1K but tons of small things.

mrsdoctorgirlfriend
July 12th, 2006, 6:38am
I treasure my oscar meyer wienie beanie and my mike and ikes candy :cool2:

TawnyNY
July 12th, 2006, 6:53am
I started in Aug of 2003 and commited to doing one year consistently-meaning practically every day and entering for at least an hour. I won a substantial prize within 2 months, $200 gc and a trip win to Disney at 10 months. Altogether my big prizes have been 6 trips and a diamond necklace arv $5000. Seems like I win a few times a week, even if it's a small prize like hair sray or a sample of Nair.

bigskwinner
July 12th, 2006, 7:15am

believe it or not there are contests for books and dvds tshirts etc
my family enjoys movies, (yes yes now is the time to blast me for allowing my family to watch the dvd i won and they did not win and should not be able to enjoy...yes yes i've been lectured before...keep it up, perhaps i'll listen one day) i also read (mainly during coffee breaks and in the bath lol) i wear tshirts to work (my society has this thing about wearing clothes and such) i bathe (so anything like bubbly stuff is nice) etc
so you name it, i probably can use it
i dont exclusively enter for the one thing i dream of...if that were so , i'd only be entering for disney and theres not a whole lot of those out there
my yahoo group send outs about 100 messages a day with contests for canadians and that is where i get mine mostly from although theres always lots on the frugal forum boards as well as the goldfish board (its not about fish lol)

i enter my contests in the morning (like now) before work and use turbo sweeps, roboform and avant browser (opens all my bookmarks open at once like shazaam) and gmail

TawnyNY
July 12th, 2006, 7:36am

Again, I win a lot but I don't enter half the sweeps posted. But yes, I work at home, no kids, so I do have a lot of free time to enter.

deelytful1
July 12th, 2006, 7:44am
Patience, Pray and Play, Play Play!!!!!

Sweeps8
July 12th, 2006, 8:19am
I won a $500.00 GC last month from Kraft. :cheer7: Bought myself a laptop!!
Took me almost 3 yrs. to win a big one. Won a lot of little things.

miriama59
July 12th, 2006, 8:40am
I put in a few hours a day, do anywhere between 300 and 600 sweeps a day....one times, instants, weeklies, monthlies. I have won 3 trips, 25 grand, lots of other prizes. I average about one prize a day.....sometimes small, sometimes big. Good luck. It takes persisitence.

EAGarner78
July 12th, 2006, 9:08am
I treasure my oscar meyer wienie beanie and my mike and ikes candy :cool2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

denise1070
July 12th, 2006, 9:37am
I took me a while before I won anything. I don't enter a lot daily. I have more luck with the one time only, that way I can enter at my leisure, sometimes 100 times a day if there is nothing to do, or a week might go by and I wont enter any. I would recommend getting premium membership. Your chances of winning a greater. Check out my wins, just from this year at this link: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377375

Not to mention I won $100,000.00 cash last year in a one time only sweep that was premium, so the membership definately pays for itself.

glitterfly
July 12th, 2006, 9:39am
First of all, if you're really serious about sweeping as a hobby, it would really pay to buy a membership here at OLS. I've been sweeping online for 2 years, and have won enough to pay for premium membership for the rest of my life! I usually sweep for 2-5 hours a day, depending on my schedule for the day. Do what you have time for, have patience, and you may be surprised. Keep in mind, though, that because most of the sweeps are random drawings, there is no guarantee that anyone will win anything! That said, my winnings for the past two years total over $4500! I like profitable hobbies!

auctions
July 12th, 2006, 10:10am
I started almost 2 years ago. Due to extreme problems with health, really slacked off the first 6 months of the year. So, in all about 1 1/2 yrs of sweeping...
Total: almost $35,000 in 'stuff'
First off, I have said it before and I will say it again, but Robo, if you quit sweeping it's still an awesome feature on your computer. Cost $30
Secondly and most importantly, go green and spend the $30 to not only support this site but also get the good sweeps. Almost all the prizes I have really felt I scored on came from premium listings. To me $30 is one night of carry out dinner, one trip to the movies, not even one tank of gas for my car - if I can't invest $30 into my hobby, I am not a happy girl.
So, $60 later, you are set and it's all just a matter of humping it through you my sweeps as many days a week as possible and realizing that entering sweeps is simply a game of statistics.
I did as many do, I said to myself "I am giving this one year of serious attention and then I will rethink my hobby"
Well, by the time my 1 yr anniversary hit, there was no going back. I will sweep away the rest of my life. I have won some awesome sweeps. Our trip to meet the cast of Harry Potter in England was my first 'huge' win and will most likely be the most exciting win we ever get but there's no stopping me.
In reality, so many people could never do this. Their personality just won't tolerate it but for a pack-horse like me, it's perfect.
Jenn

cindy37075
July 12th, 2006, 10:18am
Just hang in there! People do win! It just takes a lot of patience and a lot of persistence!!!

xstitches
July 12th, 2006, 10:26am
I entered around 75 a day for about 9 months -- won nothing -- erased the whole mess and don't intend to start again -- If I want something bad enough, I'll buy it. This was a complete waste of my time. I hesitate to say that some exaggerate their number of wins - but this is how I feel.

secular
July 12th, 2006, 10:59am
I took me a week of sweeping to get a win over $100. They come ......eventually

Oops I meant year not week

ky2here
July 12th, 2006, 11:05am
but I suspect some people lie about their winnings. However I believe nearly all the posts about winning are legitimate. We've had some fun flaming when someone posts that they won a grand prize and another member comes along and says they won the same contest (one prize only).

Remember, this still is the internet so some dishonesty and distortion is to be expected. Overall, I find the OLS people to be pretty decent. We have many saintly members (and a few cranks).

Inkyskeeper
July 12th, 2006, 11:20am
I entered around 75 a day for about 9 months -- won nothing -- erased the whole mess and don't intend to start again -- If I want something bad enough, I'll buy it. This was a complete waste of my time. I hesitate to say that some exaggerate their number of wins - but this is how I feel.

:rolleyes: You gave up way to soon :frown3: , it took me 6 months but waited for that affi and notification antoher 6 months after i had entered that kodak sweep back in 2003, i wasnt a member here then but 9 months isnt long enoug to say that it was a waste of time...sweeping is never a waste of time, its entertaining, relaxing, fun, you learn a few things about sponsers and the companys who make this all possible for us.

Hey ive never ever played teaxes hold'em and won several times in the past 2 months, never in a million did i think id win anything from there but after my daughter and her boyfriend taught me how to play and entering my points i earn for the drawings..well im still at it and lovin it, both playing and winning and id keep going even if i didnt win yet...its pure pleasure to me to enter sweeps and always thinking positive.

so maybe you should give it another try and keep at it, thats what a true sweeper does and think...think " WINNER" :jump: :smile9:

jennem
July 12th, 2006, 11:24am

Three WEEKS? Three WEEKS? It takes about a year for wins to start coming in with some regularity...like maybe 1 per month. Several years before you see more than that.

After 5 years, I'm at about 1 per week or maybe a bit more.

I don't exaggerate my wins. This month I've won a $280 necklace, $30 in music downloads, $10 to Sephora, an action figure, an ebook, a Nestle Crunch bar, and an iPod.

Jennifer

shereepaul
July 12th, 2006, 11:25am
Keep going... you will eventually win!! :cheer7:

Inkyskeeper
July 12th, 2006, 11:25am
but I suspect some people lie about their winnings. However I believe nearly all the posts about winning are legitimate. We've had some fun flaming when someone posts that they won a grand prize and another member comes along and says they won the same contest (one prize only).

Remember, this still is the internet so some dishonesty and distortion is to be expected. Overall, I find the OLS people to be pretty decent. We have many saintly members (and a few cranks).

if i really cared that they were lying about the win id mail in for the winners list :nana: , in most cases you CAN request that and its always stated in the rules at the bottom.

I couldnt lie about a win because if i did i think all my wins would stop, sweep angels would not send prizes ever again :halo:

chestnutfall
July 12th, 2006, 11:37am
Hi, If I remember correctly one of the ladies here on OLS won "2" million dollars!! cash.
Some have won 100,000, 25,000 cash.Peaches won $40,000. I've seen pictures of wonderful car wins, and some OLS have been kind enough to share photos from trips they have won thru sweeping. Wow! Just keep entering hopefully you win. I've been waiting to win, too.
Have faith. Enjoy your summer.

Inkyskeeper
July 12th, 2006, 11:39am

postive ways to win

1. be postive

2. give it time, 3 weeks isnt enough time to make a statement of not winning lol

3. enter instant wins games ( you shall win your first prize there the easiest )

4. enter some ONE timer's

5. you may have won already and dont know it yet, prizes take time to come and notifications as well.

6. you dont have to sit here and enter all day :worry: , minimize to a few hours a day or throughout the day, if you dont you may burn out .

7. GO GREEN, darnit :smile9: , much better and your chances will double for sure :cool2:

8. Robo is a huge help

well there is more advice out there on the forums, go read up, enter and be happy....wins will roll before you know it ( expect a 6 months waiting period )

Happy sweeping...time for me to go play texas hold'em lol :royal:

peaches
July 12th, 2006, 11:43am
I do win---I have also narrowed entering to things I want/need--I have gave MANY a trip a way(that I won). I do about 230 sweeps daily. I have DSL--dial up is just to slow. I do not now what to tell people, but I win. :drip:

auctions
July 12th, 2006, 11:50am
I think the instances of people lying about winning are probably few and far between, esp. if they have been here a while. I knew this one girl who took down like 5 GPs in a three month period and it made me wanna barf but she did win them...the same one's I was entering for
In my 2 years here I am not even remembering one case of a liar found out - and I frequent the fourms more than my entry pages :)
I have had incrediable luck in my 2 years...I am also luck though becuase I am married, have 2 kids and can enter almost any sweep offered. Some people are limited becuase they don't have kids or a spouse...
I think we all wanna believe someone "Can't be so lucky" but really, that is contrary to what we all strive for - I know I want 5 GPs in a few months, believing it can happen drives me on.

Maudrey74
July 12th, 2006, 11:51am

So what are you doing here now? :rolleyes:

auctions
July 12th, 2006, 11:55am

The thing is though- you can't buy free
Nor could I have bought meeting the Harry Potter people or getting my son on the DVD,
it's the thrill of hunt and like I said, some people just don't have the personality to tolerate the wait.

OKgirl
July 12th, 2006, 11:58am
3 weeks and your'e complaining? :laugh: Its all about luck, you never know if you're gonna win or if you're gonna lose. Time spent sweeping doesn't really matter either, someone could win something on their first try, and some people won't ever win. I've been on this forum for a year, and I've won here and there mostly small things. I've actually been sweeping here several years though, and am still waiting for that first big win.

Don't give up too easily, you gotta have thick skin and be a tough cookie to run with the big dogs here. :laugh:

Hhhyyyddd
July 12th, 2006, 12:16pm
Regarding people lying about their wins- I am a person with a healthy sense of suspicion but I think there is very little fibbing about wins. In fact, there are a great many of us, myself included, that do not post our wins at all.

shoppinqueen
July 12th, 2006, 1:23pm

I don't even bother posting a lot of my smaller wins anymore unless it's an ongoing instant that tends to release prizes in bunches, then I'll post to alert other OLS members who watch the winner's circles just for such occasions.

arouet
July 12th, 2006, 2:07pm

I agree with xstiches, it's all a sham and no one ever really wins anything. The real hobby here is lying. We try to see who can make up the biggest, yet still believable prize win. And how many innocent people, we can fool into wasting all of their time, filling out forms, over and over again. We're all just really pathological liars. Brent the biggest one of all. He keeps making up membership numbers. There is really only about a thousand people registered here not over one hundred thousand. :worry:

So everyone just needs to move on and get a real hobby, like bowling. At least with that you get those really cool shoes and polyester shirts. :)

TeaAddict
July 12th, 2006, 2:27pm
See my wins below. I haven't won much this year but I'm not complaining. My biggest win was in June or July 2005 which was $4800.00 of stuff from Star Magazine!!!!! :jump: I took me a little over a year of sweeping on OLS to win a grand prize

margarita_mama
July 12th, 2006, 2:29pm
don't tell them that I wasn't able to convert my Hawaii trip win for 4 to a Florida WDW trip win for 6 that we will take in a couple of months. It was all a big lie and they will be so dissapointed. :laugh:

OP....the sweeps here are legitimate (there are volunteer editors that check for the legitamacy of these sweeps).
Some people do appear to be luckier than others, but remember that for every one person who posts a win for a sweep, there are probably 100,000 peeps who DO NOT post that they lost.
Good luck!

EAGarner78
July 12th, 2006, 2:31pm

It's a sweepstakes, it's not a guarantee. No matter how many you enter, it's still luck of the draw.

Ophysette
July 12th, 2006, 2:42pm
Yes, you do win. It took 3 months for my first win to show up.. A tube of Nuetragen Triple Moisturizer. The sponser? was Jane magazine. I enter between 50 and 100 dailies about 25 days a month. I won a major prize from Elle magazine sweep. I recieved notification over 7 weeks after the sweep closed and recieved the package 4 weeks after I sent the affadavit. Thats 15 weeks after I started entering the sweep. So it takes time..

For instant gratification, try the instants...at least they let you know at once if you are a potentical winner or not. But it will still take time for the prize to show.

Good Luck!

lovelygirl
July 12th, 2006, 2:47pm
Yes, people really do win. I've been doing this for a couple of years, have won a few things here and there. This week I was notified of my first major win. The ARV is 6,000.00 for first place. However, they have been unable to get a hold of the grand prize winner, and if they do not hear from them by 5:00pm today I will win the grand prize ARV 12,000.

I will definately post about once everything has been signed :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

acjcw2004
July 12th, 2006, 3:16pm
I'm still waiting for a win that also comes with a 1099. Some people are lucky, I've discovered that I must not be one of them. I did an experiment with snail mail last year and spent hundreds of dollars on postage, supplies, etc and won absolutely nothing from it. I quit snail mail. Now it's online only and I'm still behind in expenses vs wins. But I enjoy the thrill of a new sweep with possibilities that I could be the grand prize winner. It's also cheap entertainment and a fun hobby.

sottovoce
July 12th, 2006, 3:39pm
mAC41090, I had hoped the others here would have finally "come clean" about sweepstakes....but, of course, they are dreaming again....or whatever! :rolleyes:

Here is the reality: Most of these sweeps are scams.....rarely does anyone win anything....most "make up" their winning threads...I am here to tell you to stop wasting your time. Unless you do nothing but enter all day you will win nothing...and if you are lucky enough to win something it won't be much...because these sponsors really DO NOT give away expensive prizes....I mean get real, why would they?

:worry: Gee, that was fun.....but totally untrue. Wishing you lots of good luck! :gvibes: :gvibes: :gvibes: and patience.

Meaghan07
July 12th, 2006, 4:10pm
Yes, people really do win.. but it takes a lot of time and effort... I haven't won anything in monrths but I'm still trying everyday... I enter probably about 60 or so a day because I really only enter for things I want now.

miriama59
July 12th, 2006, 5:02pm
For those who think it's all a lie, you would be accusing my daughter of lying, too. SHE just won a trip to Hershey park in a kids' sweep. Hello? What about the sweeps from TV? A sham? I don't think so. And wow.....that means I paid taxes on 25 grand last year for nothing. :rolleyes:

nesta67
July 12th, 2006, 5:31pm
I think that overall there are many many more people who don't even post their wins compared to people lying about them. I usually only post wins when it is something big - I am just happy adding it to my win list http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295590

It took a few months before the prizes started rolling in for me. I have to reiterate what others said: GO GREEN!!!! Most of my wins have been from Premium sweeps.

mongoose
July 12th, 2006, 5:34pm
OH MY GOD!

MAC FOUND OUT OUR SECRET!

WE"RE ALL LIARS! WE ALL MAKE UP CRAZY STORIES OF WINS! WE MAKE UP FAKE SCREEN SHOTS, PAY TAXES ON CONTESTS THAT DON'T EXIST!!

WE POST PICTURES OF THINGS WE REALLY DIDN'T WIN BUT BOUGHT JUST TO CONTINUE THE FACADE!!!

THIS SITE IS NOT REAL!

YOU ARE NOT REAL MAC!!!!

IT"S A DREAM!

WE ARE ALL PART OF A DREAM!

Wait... I'm a Tebetian Buddhist, I don't believe in that 'its a dream shit' part of Buddhism...

ISLABONITA
July 12th, 2006, 5:50pm
I agree with xstiches, it's all a sham and no one ever really wins anything. The real hobby here is lying. We try to see who can make up the biggest, yet still believable prize win. And how many innocent people, we can fool into wasting all of their time, filling out forms, over and over again. We're all just really pathological liars. Brent the biggest one of all. He keeps making up membership numbers. There is really only about a thousand people registered here not over one hundred thousand. :worry:

So everyone just needs to move on and get a real hobby, like bowling. At least with that you get those really cool shoes and polyester shirts. :)

THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!!!

My WINS happen when I least expect them ! Like MSN winning $7500 Tech makeover for a non-for profit organization that I am donating to our local library.
Or the trip I just came back from in Mexico! all inclusive Aventura Spa....

Yea, I am just making it up.... nah....

Cephus
July 12th, 2006, 6:30pm
3 weeks? Give me a break. 3 weeks is nothing. If you enter 200 sweeps every single day for 6 months and you don't win anything, not even a cheap instant, then you can complain. Otherwise, that's ridiculous.

Heck, I won $10 in the Pepsi Superman instant yesterday. It's not much, but it's a win.

metairiegal
July 13th, 2006, 11:00am
I enter about 100 a day and have been for over a year, with no wins. I am beginning to question why we do this since the odds are so against us for a win. I think it is because we always have hope we will win - just like when you pull the handle on a slot machine - you rarely win but always hope you will.

CathyVeester
July 13th, 2006, 11:06am
Some people are really lucky and they win lots of big prizes.

Primarily, I have won smaller prizes but I love many of the things I have won.

Last year, my favorite win was an ITS Jean wardrobe ARV $575.

My 2nd favorite was a Regis Hair Salon gift certificate ARV $150.

My total last year was $3500.

This year, my favorite win has been a 12 month subscription to Netflix ARV $218.

I also loved winning 2 tickets to The Apprentice Finale. It was super to be in LA / audience.

I also won a diamond pendant ARV $1500.

My total so far this year is about $2500.

It's a fun hobby.

Poopie_doos
July 13th, 2006, 11:13am
. Your percentage of wins even if you are lucky is going to be really small number. You've been told 3 weeks is nothing but I had to stick my head in. This hobby is about persistence and patience. If you don't have either of those in some quantity it might not be for you.

barbs
July 13th, 2006, 11:17am

THREE WHOLE WEEKS - WOW!!

Try 2 years....

Whatever did you expect? There are over 100,000 members of OLS alone, plus all the members on other sweep sites, who are entering sweeps on a consistent basis. Add to this all the people who are not members of any sweeps sites but enter sweeps on their own. Some folks never win anything, or win what I would call "consolation prizes" which are really only samples, etc.

I repeat - what did you expect?

I don't want to discourage you, but you need to keep entering to win...

Luck to you.

sweepyhead
July 13th, 2006, 12:28pm
I did it everyday for 3 weeks and won nothing...
Here's a suggestion: Go green, get broadband, enter 200-300 every day for 11 months (at least). Once you have done all this, let us know how you're doing. :cool2:

Sweepy:sleep2:

Jerrysgirl
July 13th, 2006, 12:35pm

Patients, patients, patients.......you should turn green, odds improve GREATLY!!!! :gvibes:

sadkins
July 13th, 2006, 12:45pm

What it the Curel lotion? I won that too.

fancyschmancy
July 13th, 2006, 12:48pm
Here's a suggestion: Go green, get broadband, enter 200-300 every day for 11 months (at least). Once you have done all this, let us know how you're doing. :cool2:

Sweepy:sleep2:
:grouphug: LMAO I think we all know how not winning feels.. It sucks.. But keep on clicken

DAWN0124
July 13th, 2006, 4:00pm

You're expecting too much from this past time.

Percentages:
99% of sweeps - No wins
1% wins

Figure out how many sweeps you have entered and multiply by .01 to see how many you should expect to win. Want to win more - enter more.

Instants and daily drawings need to be entered every day to expect a win.

Other sweeps typically do not draw winners until 7-10 days after the ending period and prizes are not shipped until 8-12 weeks after that. You should not expect to see a win until at least your 4th month of sweeping.

jzorgo
July 13th, 2006, 9:21pm
I have been entering for 1.5 years so far, no big wins yet.

denise1070
July 13th, 2006, 9:31pm
I have been entering for 1.5 years so far, no big wins yet.

It was 3 years before I won big. Definately worth the wait.

tamiwami
July 13th, 2006, 9:35pm
I didn't start winning on a regular basis for 3-4 months after I started sweeping and it took one year to win a big prize (and only 1 at that). Be patient. People DO WIN!

I enter 100 sweeps a day on average (most daily ones).

ELWAY251
July 13th, 2006, 9:57pm
I spend about 3-4 hours per day entering contests. It's fun and I do win. Not the BIG one yet, but just today I won an iTune from GMAC - it's a little win, but I really wanted just one song, but don't have the budget for that sort of silliness, so I got my song for free and that pleases me immensely! By the way, I wanted the song to add to my iPod - that I won! Good luck to you.

ultimate winner
July 13th, 2006, 10:01pm
I did it everyday for 3 weeks and won nothing...

Mac you need to be pacient. 3 weeks may sound like a long time but you need to enter consistently for like 6 months for wins to come in consistently.

How many sweeps do you enter per day? If you get your dailies up to like 400 and get some weeklies and monthlies up too you will see many wins in your future.

Today in the mail a coupon for a box of granola bars and a superman puzzle came in the mail. Now those aren't very big wins but the puzzle can make for a good birthday present for my sister (she loves puzzles).

All in all just enter and be patient