PDA

View Full Version : Change of life

stone
June 6th, 2006, 10:42am
Let me 1st say im a 40 years old some what in good health.Here it goes for the last 4years I had a problem sleeping could never stay asleep more then 4 to 5 hours a night and then I started getting real bad mood swings as I call it PMS with that being said.I never had PMS in my teen years or my 20 or early 30 's that started when I was about 34 or 35 years old now im getting hot flashes not all the time.But last month I started my period and with that being said my period only last about 7 days and when I got my period last month is stay for 3 1/2 weeks.I think im going thur PERIMENOPAUSE.I hope it gets better for me.I been reading information about this online that the period could last longer then that can the doctor treat this.I don't want to have my period for months. I don't feel sick or weak so I don't want to waste my time going to the doctors for nothing im sure there nothing they could do for me.Just freaked me out after reading some off the things online regarding PERIMENOPAUSE.Is there anything else that might be coming for me if anyone has or is going thur this please let me know what im in for. :frown3:

margarita_mama
June 6th, 2006, 11:04am
I don't think having a 3 week period is normal at anytime. Could be a problem somewhere, but maybe not. Best advice is to talk with your doctor about this.
That is what they are there for and you should never be afraid to talk to him/her.

Maudrey74
June 6th, 2006, 11:07am
I'm sorry.... Sucks that this is just another thing us woman have to go through that men will never understand. I'm only 32 so I can't relate, but I hope that it gets better for you. I know I have to go through it some day, I just hope I'm like my Mom and it only last about 1 year.

jofo3511
June 6th, 2006, 11:10am
I don't think having a 3 week period is normal at anytime. Could be a problem somewhere, but maybe not. Best advice is to talk with your doctor about this.
That is what they are there for and you should never be afraid to talk to him/her.

3 weeks is definetly not normal even for pre-menopause.

Im 45 and going through the pre-menopause. My periods are still very regular.

suzieque810
June 6th, 2006, 11:13am
It wouldn't hurt to get checked out. I am going through it myself (43 years old) and have been for a couple of years. My doctor and I are both trying to avoid meds, but he said that if the symptoms get too rough for me to handle then we will discuss it. Sometimes I can have two periods in one month. It's really frustrating not being able to determine when it will come since I have always been regular as clockwork. They have decreased in length and strength (which is great!), but they are not normal and the doctor told me that would happen.

alycep06
June 6th, 2006, 11:16am
Although very unusual things do hapen when going through menopause I believe that you should check this out. It took me almost 10 years to go from perimenopause to go thru menopause and now at 53 I still get hot flashes although no other symptoms. In that time I had all kinds of physical and psycholoogical symptoms so many things are "normal" in this time- I had no periods for 2 years then all of a sudden I had one and then none again now for 2 years so it sure varies. But for your own peace of mind and since you are younger I would see the Dr.

Maprinces3
June 6th, 2006, 11:17am
My 17 year old has been dealing with this for years. She has tried almost every med available and still bleeds for weeks on end...

Micheleisme
June 6th, 2006, 11:19am
That sux! Go to the dr. It sounds like premenapous to me but you should go the dr so they can give you something to help you. :gvibes:

jofo3511
June 6th, 2006, 11:23am
My 17 year old has been dealing with this for years. She has tried almost every med available and still bleeds for weeks on end...

My mom & sis also but NOT that young :worry: . My mom bled 3 weeks out of the month . Finally they had to give her a hysterectomy. She was in her early 40's. Then my younger sis had to have one in her early 30's. :frown3: But she was already done with having kids so it wasn't a big issue with her.

I'll keep your dd in my thoughts. :frown3:

Lawrence86
June 6th, 2006, 12:32pm
isnt there pills you can take over the counter. for some of these problems, maybe not the bleeding thing. girl you should have taken stock at kotex. you would be making big bucks

i think birth control will stop you period, yeah talk to your doctor

OKgirl
June 6th, 2006, 1:38pm
When I started my cycle (in 6th grade) no one talked to me about it so I didn't know what or when or why it was happening. So I thought it was normal when I bled straight for I'd say at least a month or two. I thought it was normal so it took quite a while till my mom found out and took me to see a dr. They gave me some sort of pills. Since then, my cycle has always been weird, never regular. It was normal to only have my cycle once every 2 or 3 months. But I'm on birth control pill now, its great to know when I'll be on it. But sometimes I wonder if any of those experiences meant I have something wrong with me. I have no idea.

brigidvw
June 6th, 2006, 1:52pm
I have a very dear girlfriend who has been dealing with the same thing you are since she was 17. She is now 36 and has had to have a Hysterectomy. Please, please, please, do not play around with this. Go see your Doctor!

chestnutfall
June 6th, 2006, 3:56pm
Dear Ladies,
Please, research poly cystic ovarian disease. My spelling may be incorrect. I have this condition. It can start in the early teen years, causes extended bleed times. Can usually be diagonics(sp) with a pelvic ultrasound, you have a choice of an external ultrasound or an internal.Should always have an exam to rule out ovarian cancer or other cancers. There is also an increased risk of developing syndrome X, which can lead to type II diabeties, heart disease, etc. Another condition to research is the female equivalient to hymophilia (a factor 8 bleeding disorder) called Von Willa Brand (spelling may be incorrect). A hematalagist (sp) is the doctor for the latter. This would be a concern if their is heavy bleeding. Women have died during menises because of excessive blood loss (during period) from von willa brand. Their is a hormone shot that works for some women when they have elective surgery, dental surgery so that they don't have uncontrollable bleeding during procedures. I was expecting when I had to be tested for this bleeding disorder (pregnancy can mask the results). As my 30yr sister was diagonosed after hemmoraging (sp) after a toncilletomy. Her children also had to be tested, had the worst bleeding times they had ever seen. All of us siblings, too.(including our brothers), had to be tested. My sister participated in a study at a university hospital and is forunate that the hormone shot (something like dbhtp or ?) and it works for her to clotted the blood during bleeding situations, such as surgery. She and her children have to wear medic alert bracelets. Some women have had hysterectomy (due to unexplained heavy bleeding) because doctor don't always order lab tests for bleeding disorders (time test, amony others) Hysterectomy is not always needed when von will a brand is present.
I have been a long time lurker and a member for more than a year. This is my 1st post.
I hope this is helpful in that it gives you some aveunes to considerd. Thanks for overlooking the spelling errors. This is meant to inform and not to frieghten anyone.
Natural soy products can help with the menopause hot flashes

stone
June 6th, 2006, 8:40pm
After reading all the information you guys wrote im calling my doctor in the morning to set up an appt thank for all the info regarding this matter.Im to young to be having all these problems but its better to be safe then sorry.Thanks again :rolleyes:

Txsweeper
June 6th, 2006, 8:47pm
Ask your doctor if a endometrial ablation is an option. It will be one the best presents you ever give yourself!! They will laser or hydro your lining away. You will either stop having periods all together or they will extemely light.

kbruson
June 6th, 2006, 10:25pm
I would definitely schedule a doctors visit! Hopefully, it's nothing serious...but don't take any chances! Good Luck :gvibes: