PDA

View Full Version : [1/4] One of Only 4 Autographed Tracy McGrady Jerseys

OnyeaboM
January 27th, 2003, 9:07pm
Hi,

The UPS truck pulled over to my house today right when I got home from work. He gave me a package from ePrize / Adidas.

I just recieved the 1st place prize of an Autographed Adidas Jersey by Tracy McGrady. There are only 4 of these and I got one.

It's 100% Polyester.

It has all the Adidas corporate cut-off tags you see when you get the Jersey straight from the manufacturer/store.

The Jersey game number is one (1). There's one on the front and back.

Tracy McGrady Autographed the Jersey on the front number one (1) decor.

On the Adidas corp. tag (s) that come with the Jersey, it states the Jersey is a 2003 Season Jersey (!!!).

The Jersey is dark royal blue. All the the logos and text on the jersey are large and white except for the Adidas logo on the top, right shoulder area which is smaller and white as well.

Tracy McGrady has stats that put him in the top 10 of all players currently in the NBA overall or based by particular terminologies in Basketball play. For more info on him if you're not too familiar, check: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/index.html?nav=page

The guy is an awesome player and the Jersey is awesome too.
I've seen autographed Tracy McGrady Jerseys go for as much as $7,000 on Ebay. That was once. I also saw one go for $800. That was a high school Jersey of his. It was autographed and one of 32 or 38. This autographed Jersey is only 1 of 4 according to the Adidas and Eprize contest rules/website. If you're a sweeper and not familiar with this contest, ask around, I'm sure many here know about it. It ended 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago.

The two Jerseys I listed above that I saw for $7,000 and $800 respectively are rare versions put up for auction. Most on there go for around $300 - $700. Do a search at Ebay. This one, in my opinion is really rare because their were/are only 4 of them and they're signed.

For proof that I really have the real thing, I will also ship a photocopy of the winning email from ePrize / Adidas that I got when I first won it and I will also mail a photocopy of the winning letter I got from ePrize/Adidas congratulating me. I can also send a photocopy of the UPS sheet from ePrize - the promotion company contracted to run the promotion for Adidas. All color photocopies.

Name your price and I'll tell you what I think. I will recieve emails for about a week then I'm off to Ebay if there's no buyer.

If you'd like to not pay for it and trade for some other items, I will accept videogame consoles and peripherals instead. If you know someone who works at a discount store that can get you systems and peripherals cheap, then this might be the way to go for you. Good luck. This really is a cool prize. My biggest win so far. :)

OnyeaboM
January 29th, 2003, 6:47am
Oh yeah, forgot my E-Mail ..... lol :laugh:

OnyeaboM@hotmail.com

Contact me if you're interested. :)

OnyeaboM
February 5th, 2003, 8:23am
Update:

I have recieved emails from a couple of browsers of this post asking me how rare the autographed Tracy McGrady Jersey that I have is. Well, so as to keep from getting this question over and over, here's the answer:

As I said before, there are/were only four (4) of these and they are all autographed. Luckily, I was able to get one of the 4. Where Tracy signs his autograph on the jersey, he put the number "1" next to his autograph. I dunno if that means mine is the number 1 count of the 4 unique Jerseys or if he was saying he was number one. :laugh:

Also, if you search on Ebay, you will not find ONE single Adidas Jersey autographed by Tracy Mcgrady. There are a little over 1000 (most not autographed) Tracy McGrady jerseys being sold on Ebay (go check if you like) and not a single one of them (for the last 2 weeks I've checked) is an Adidas - or an autographed Adidas for that matter. I'm tellin' ya, this Jersey rules. There's the answer. That's how 'rare' it is.

Still available. Haven't figured Ebay out yet. :laugh:

squdgy
February 5th, 2003, 9:23am
Onyeabo, I wouldn't trust myself to own anything that rare. (My kids would wear it and get ketchup all over it :wink2:) But, maybe you could bring it to a local sports collecter to get it appraised. TMac is definitely a superstar, and this really should be worth a good chunk of change.

Good luck!

OnyeaboM
February 5th, 2003, 11:10am
LOL.

Ketchup on this Jersey? (No way Jose...lol) Oh, the horror! LOL.

When I read that, I pictured a little kid running around wearing the Jersey and pouring ketchup all over it! OMG. LOL.

Yep, T-Mac is the frikkin' man. Top 10, if not 5 ranking out of all the NBA players overall! He's destined for the Pro Hall of Fame.

I thought it was cool how he and Iverson offered Jordan their positions in the upcoming All-Star game. Classy.

I'm looking for a collector who appraises but haven't found one locally yet. Been searching hard. This badboy is worth a lot. It looks like nothing offered on Ebay. I am excited. lol Will keep trying though to find an appraiser and a buyer. Thanks. :D

georgeq
February 5th, 2003, 1:57pm
OnyeaboM

Easy put for sale on Ebay with a high reserve $$ value.

It will only cost you a few buck$.

Set a price target in your mind , a price that , if I offer you , you would say YEAH BABY !!!! and use that for the reserve amount.

A reserve amount is a price that any bid bellow this figure would not win the item.

OnyeaboM
February 6th, 2003, 11:55am
Thanks. I've been looking into that. There are some obstacles.

OnyeaboM
February 21st, 2003, 4:28pm
Doesn't anyone want this? It's valuable! lol:confused:

I don't use credit cards so I can't sell on Ebay. Credit cards are evil!LOL. :laugh: I hate owing. So I will never get one. I get loads of offers for cards in the mail. Never sign up.

eric57791
February 21st, 2003, 5:31pm
I'm a big fan of T-mac and have his autograph on a Hat that I had purchased at the game. I don't have $800 to offer for the jersey but I imagine it is valuable. I would be interested in what the appraisal may be. I talked with a friend who has a few collectables and if the jersey had been worn in a game and then signed that is much more valuable. Let us know if you find anything out value wise.

Eric

OnyeaboM
February 21st, 2003, 6:08pm
Ok. Will do. Do you know of any well known appraisal services that have an online portal? I'd really like to know its exact value too.

nitrodpup
February 21st, 2003, 6:32pm
Since you can't sell on eBay, and I am an eBay Master, send me the jersey, I'll sell it on eBay and give you a % of the final cost minus the listing and seller fees. T-Mac is good, but if that was a Kobe jersey auto out of 4 we would be talking serious money on eBay with the current tear he is on.:p

OnyeaboM
February 21st, 2003, 6:39pm
:) Nah, that's just too much work to sell the Jersey.

Thanks though. I know T-Mac's jersey value will rise eventually. This one I have is just too cool and limited as well. So, I know it'll keep climbing in value.

Yeah, Kobe is a badass.:)

amareb
February 21st, 2003, 6:42pm
Kobe is the man....go Lakers! If that was a Kobe shirt I would have a really hard time keeping away from it!

Good Luck! :D :D

cdhood68
February 21st, 2003, 6:44pm
Congrats!!!!:cheer:

OnyeaboM
February 26th, 2003, 11:40pm
Tracy McGrady is the leading scorer in the NBA, if I remember correctly - more points than ole' Kobe. Although this recent streak of his should be bringing him close to the top.

OnyeaboM
April 12th, 2003, 8:16pm
Still Available. :)

eric57791
April 13th, 2003, 1:36am
Man, good luck finding a buyer for this. I would have loved to take it off your hands. I don't think you will find a much bigger b-ball fan on this board but theres no way I think we will ever agree on a price for this. I think if you really believe you can get $700 for this you might want to try other message boards or ebay! Good luck, and my original offer I emailed you still stands.

Eric

OnyeaboM
April 13th, 2003, 7:16pm
Yep. We're not gonna agree on a price......LOL

And yep, I highly doubt I'm gonna sell this on here. As for Ebay: I don't believe in credit cards. I currently owe nobody anything and that's how I want to be forever. LOL. Credit cards aren't cool to me. They aren't necessary in my opinion especially if debit cards exist. Ebay wants your credit card number if you want to sell stuff on it's site. Crappy policy if you ask me.

:D

xloeboo
April 13th, 2003, 7:38pm
Can't you get a debit/credit card? That's what my bank and many other banks offer. It works just like a debit card. It is NOT a regular credit card. It just allows you to do stuff that requires a credit card (like reserve a hotel room, book a flight, sell on Ebay) but it only removes the funds from your account. No fees, interest, etc.

Good luck!

elainmir
April 13th, 2003, 8:29pm
Wow! You got a great prize, even if you don't sell it now when you do it may be worth WAY MORE!

Congrats!

OnyeaboM
April 14th, 2003, 1:57pm
Thanks.....I had no idea there were debit cards that could seamlessly act like credit cards. Awesome. I'll look into it for sure.

And yep.... this thing gets more valuable every day I hold on to it. :)

eric57791
April 14th, 2003, 3:43pm
Sure, I have a VISA ATM/debit card. Works just like a check. There have been some great commercials on TV about check cards. My favorite is the Charlie Sheen/Martin Sheen commercial. Hilarious :)

OnyeaboM
April 14th, 2003, 4:42pm
Yeah but a check is not what eBay wants. eBay wants your credit card info.

susieand
April 14th, 2003, 4:50pm
He only signed 4 for the contest but there are probably more out there right? Also, athletes most always put their jersey number after their autograph so that's probably what that means...as usual, Ebay is probably the best way to go (although I don't know much about it) Congrats and good luck!!

kbsocial
April 14th, 2003, 6:34pm
Originally posted by OnyeaboM
Yeah but a check is not what eBay wants. eBay wants your credit card info.

Right Bo but a debit card works just like a check - it deducts the money from your checking account and you can use it anywhere Visa (if you have a visa debit card) is accepted just like you would a credit card - just have to remember to take it out of your account and balance it:) Look into it at your bank - it comes in handy!

OnyeaboM
April 14th, 2003, 7:20pm
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I gotta get rid of this thing. LOL.

Now I need a digital camera to upload a picture of it to sell on eBay. :D

eric57791
April 14th, 2003, 9:57pm
Yes, your debit card has a 16 digit credit card type number that you would give Ebay. My bank converted everybodys atm card to one of these about a year ago. If you don't have a friend with a digital camera, just take a regular pic and have it scanned over at Kinko's! It'll be worth the investment! :)

OnyeaboM
April 15th, 2003, 9:26am
Sure thing. Gonna do it. LOL. :D :D :D

eric57791
April 15th, 2003, 11:36am
Or if its not worth the trouble you can give it to me for some pizza coupons? Just won some red lobster/olive garden coupons as well ($120 worth).

OnyeaboM
April 15th, 2003, 11:50am
LOL....no thanks. I'll give you a Pearl Jam CD (Riot Act - their newest album) for all that.

:)

squirrely_g
April 15th, 2003, 12:27pm
I can tell that you really like this prize. I can also tell that you are an avid fan of the NBA. I am so glad that someone who truly appreciates the history of the game and its players won such an awesome prize. Enjoy it.

Would you accept 13 pieces of silver?

:smile3: :smile2: :smile3:

OnyeaboM
April 15th, 2003, 12:38pm
Originally posted by squirrely_g
I can tell that you really like this prize. I can also tell that you are an avid fan of the NBA. I am so glad that someone who truly appreciates the history of the game and its players won such an awesome prize. Enjoy it.

Would you accept 13 pieces of silver?

:smile3: :smile2: :smile3:

Umm...no but, I'll accept 14 pieces of 24ct gold. :D :D

squirrely_g
April 15th, 2003, 12:41pm
Umm...no but, I'll accept 14 pieces of 24ct gold. :D :D

What's gold fetching on Ebay nowadays? :D :D

eric57791
April 15th, 2003, 1:46pm
LOL....no thanks. I'll give you a Pearl Jam CD (Riot Act - their newest album) for all that.

:)

Hmmm... someone must REALLY love Pearl Jam!:D

eric57791
April 15th, 2003, 1:47pm
I will give you 15 pieces of 24 kt gold... we got a deal???

(smashing a tiny piece of gold into tiny tiny pieces...)

The Seahorse Lady
April 15th, 2003, 2:23pm
Congratulations on your nice win! That should be worth some bucks!

:cheer: :cheer2:

OnyeaboM
April 15th, 2003, 3:12pm
Thanks. :)

StarbucksAddict
April 15th, 2003, 3:21pm
Originally posted by squirrely_g

I'm sorry, but I have to ask - why waste your time typing this, our time reading it, and valuable server space posting this? I am so sick and tired of the sarcasm / negativity / bickering that is pervading our site these days. Does the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mean much to you??

Have a wonderful day!
*Star