PDA

View Full Version : How many do you enter a day??

kimberleym
January 26th, 2003, 3:37am
Hi all! I was just wondering......I've been on this site for a few weeks now and was curious as to how many you all enter (on an average) per day? If you could guess about how many what would you guess? And have you found this successful?
Thanks so much and goodluck to all!
Kimberley

EGNATZ1
January 26th, 2003, 10:22am
I BET I ENTER A HUNDRED OR MORE A DAY. OF COURSE IM CURRENTLY ON DISABILITY FROM WORK SO I HAVE LOTS OF TIME TO BE ON THE WEB . IT HAS SEEMED TO HELP SINCE I HAVE WON 4 THINGS THIS YEAR ALREADY . NOTHING BIG BUT I KEEP HOPING FOR THE BIG ONE . HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE THE DREAM HOUSE IN FLORIDA EGNATZ1

Sabra505
January 26th, 2003, 11:02am
It depends upon the day - if I have time, or feel up to it, I enter over 100 per day. If I'm pressed for time, etc., I enter about 50 regularly.

I've had several small wins (nothing over $50), but I'm having fun and guess that's the point!

Willi

garbanzobean
January 28th, 2003, 10:56pm
About 10.

hammer25
January 31st, 2003, 11:25am
only about 3 weeks so far entering about 25 a day plus ending soons is that not enough per day ?

warning
January 31st, 2003, 7:51pm
On average 20 a day. On slow days when I am stuck in a hotel no place good I have entered over 100 in a day.

Brandiweiser
January 31st, 2003, 8:04pm
Right now I have over 250 in my daily's, but I have a fast computer. :)

bobbydean
January 31st, 2003, 11:08pm
I have been doing this for over 3 years. Have learned only to enter what you want. I enter about 40- 50 daily entries.

Usually keep contests saved in sweeps to between 80-100. THis includes daily, weekly and monthly.

Love single entry. I enter all that have a desireable prize.

kittymax
February 2nd, 2003, 12:32pm
One hundred dailies is what I'm shooting for right now. My goal for the year is 200 dailies. I'm starting to concentrate on monthlies and weeklies now also. I'm keeping my mail-ins down to 10 a day now. My biggest wins have been from onlines lately so this is what I want to focus on. :cheer: :cheer2: :laugh2:

kimberleym
February 3rd, 2003, 1:05am
I'm about up to 50 dailys......with all that you all enter per day, fo you find you win alot? whats your win percentage? I've only been doing this for about a month now and still haven't found that I've one even a pencil gripper***sniffle*** I know its all about patience, but I'm needing some hope here.
Kimberley:rolleyes:

Sweepslover
February 3rd, 2003, 8:25pm
You need to do it for the fun of it. I was entering off and on for 2 years and then I FINALLY won a grand prize, my first win ever last summer - a Bose home theater system. I had actually stopped for a while so of course, that lifted my spirits and I am back in it full force. I try to just have fun with it and dream about the big wins. I think if you just go with the flow, have fun and don't stress about it, your win will come. Good things happen when you least suspect it. Just remember, it's not work, it's a hobby, don't let it consume you.

Happy Sweeping!
Heidi
:smile7: :smile7: :smile7:

slgibbs1
February 4th, 2003, 9:40pm
About 50 a day from this site plus about 50 more from bookmarks. A few, I enter in my daughters name as well as my own since we live in different households and have different address.
So about 100 total- and 5 by snail mail

tiffnat
February 6th, 2003, 11:08am
Hi, I give myself a time limit-usually an hour a day. It's so easy to stay online entering all day but my housework has to get done eventually(I'm a stay at home mom). Luck to All today!:smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3: :smile3:

corplinx
February 7th, 2003, 4:52am
I have had a lot of _good_ wins this year. And thats without my butt glued to the computer chair. How can this be? Let me explain.

If everyone crams tons of entries into a daily sweep, then even your 50 entries will be marginilized to a point where there is as much practical chance of winning as someone like me who enters once. If only you and I entered the contest, then you would probably win.

tommy
February 7th, 2003, 9:13am
i think i enter approx 15 dailys a day but only for stuff i really wanna win and i hope ya win something real soon so that your spirits will be lifted:smile3:

kicker326
February 8th, 2003, 4:03am
Approx 300 hundred a day for me.

kicker326
February 8th, 2003, 4:05am
Latest win was a 200.00 GC 2 days ago, 1 entry to win this one

AlwaysLate
February 8th, 2003, 6:11am
I currently have 20 sweeps on my daily list. I don't use roboform (out of work and trying to keep my typing speed up) so those keep me plenty busy. I haven't won anything in over a year, but for six months of that I was working and barely entering any contests at all. I've been sweeping for four years, all online, and my biggest win was a dvd player with ten dvds. I figure I've gotten almost $1000 worth of stuff. It can be a lot of fun.

1sara1
February 9th, 2003, 9:49pm
Slowly over time I have gained in the amount of sweeps I enter daily. I guess I am somewhere between 60-100 a day depending on my time. I also have a fast computer and DSL and use roboform. Those things really help.

keeks
February 9th, 2003, 10:05pm
A LOT. I just started a few weeks ago, when I had dial-up internet and had never heard of roboform. I got DSL and downloaded roboform the same day. The difference is unbelievable. So now I spend an hour or so a day entering tons and tons. Like others have said, the key is to only do it when it's fun; when it feels like a chore, stop. But stay optimistic! My fiance and I've already won a couple things (tickets to an NHL game & a shopping spree). GOOD LUCK!!! :smile3:

onogirl
February 9th, 2003, 10:07pm
I enter about 100 per day, but that is because I have a fast computer, fast connection, and Roboform, so I still spend less than an hour entering sweeps.:smile3:

Qncterra
February 9th, 2003, 11:32pm
I am currently entering 41 daily, 3 weeklys, and 1 monthly. I am also entering 6 dailys through ezsweeps. These numbers are average for me. I've been doing this for about 2 yrs and have won about 6 small prizes, i.e. t-shirts, etc.

Sakja
February 10th, 2003, 4:22pm
I enter for about half hour a day. Don't have time for much else.

S

Moelysol
February 12th, 2003, 3:06pm
I've often wondered how much time dedicated sweepers spend entering sweepstakes and contests each day. Some days I don't get a chance to enter anything. :( I try to sit down at least one day a week and enter all of my daily and weekly sweeps. I have about 40-50 dailies saved in "my sweeps" at any given time. When I'm pressed for time I'll spend 15 minutes entering the ones with the prizes that I most want to win.

jeanmarie
February 12th, 2003, 3:22pm
I give myself about 30 dedicated minutes each work day. And then sneak probably another 30 minutes each day, while I'm on conference calls, waiting for call backs, etc. Don't know how well it's working yet, I've only been at this for the last 3 months. I have some small wins ($25 3rd prize from Centrum, some PopTarts, some movie passes, a laser pointer, a really nice wind shirt, and the ubiquitous pencil w/ Rhino pencil topper). My husband makes fun of me, but I noticed that he's wearing the wind shirt....:cheer2:

stah
February 14th, 2003, 9:53pm
Enter the sweepstakes that have something in them you could use or want. I run anywhere between 50-80, depending. I love the instant win promotions and usually land something there. It keeps ones spirits up while waiting for something better to come along. Have entered sweeps for many years and the prizes are fun fun fun when you win.

The Seahorse Lady
February 14th, 2003, 10:30pm
I try and enter a minimum of 100 per day. I am out on disability until April so I have plenty of time to enter. When I am working, I still try and do at least 50 per day. I have a dial up connection so it takes longer to enter. I do my weekly entries on every Tuesday and my monthly entries on the 1st Sunday of that month. I really don't see any difference of when to enter - as long as you enter. I enter the unlimited entries only once since I feel that they are more of a waste of time.
When I'm not feeling well, I don't enter at all. Howwever, I do try and not miss more than a day or 2 of entering since I will begin to have sweepstakes withdrawals.
I wish you the best of luck and hope that you win many great prizes!

:smile3:

Roadkillray
February 14th, 2003, 10:59pm
mysweeps totals ... tell me I am not hooked ...LOL

daily entries (208) • 24-hour entries (15) • unlimited entries (13) • weekly entries (13) • monthly entries (25)
unknown entries (36) • other entries (9) • single entries (302)
:D

sweepmama
February 14th, 2003, 11:05pm
Along with the new sweeps posted and what I have saved as dailies i enter about 100 pr day. I love this site , it has the best up to date sweeps listed, I've won quite a bit so i can't complain.

enjoy and win!!

jeannierosado
February 14th, 2003, 11:40pm
I enter about 300 per day, I work part time, so i have plenty of time, when I don't have time, I still enter, even if I'm falling asleep at the keyboard! I'm obsessed:( what can I say?
Biggest prize I ever won was a trip to California to meet Peter Gabriel in Dec., computer software, music, pencil gripper, plush scooby, games, barbie, zap zip remote car, etc, etc..........sigh
I want a car, when I win a car, I'll quit!!!:grin2:
Just kidding
:D
Good luck to all and OS is the best:cheer:

1rwt
February 19th, 2003, 12:26pm
I average about 50 per day, last year I won something about every 500 entries.

sweepyhead
February 19th, 2003, 12:49pm
I recently adjusted my sweeping style. I found that the dailies aren't winners for me and take up a lot of time.

Over the past few weeks I allowed many to end without adding an equal amount, so I'm down to 33 dailies. I expect to have less as time goes on.

What I have decided to do is concentrate more on 1x and essay sweeps to maximize my chances according to my abilities. A lot of people don't bother with essay sweeps, and I have won some small prizes via 1x sweeps.

Sweepy:sleep2:

duckylov
February 19th, 2003, 12:51pm
I have been doing this for a time now,I cant win anything. WHATS UP? What' s wrong, I must enter at least 100 to150 a day.:nay:

Roadkillray
February 19th, 2003, 3:01pm
good things come to those that wait :cheer2:

jklkj
February 19th, 2003, 3:27pm
I always enter
what is ending the next day...
this takes care of the single entries and every daily entry at least once
for that day
if i have time i do my favorite dailies

skpaw
February 19th, 2003, 5:07pm
First I look at the new contests for the day before, enter all that look good, and add any really good ones that are daily to my sweeps. Then I do the daily entries about 50 a day. There are some that I skip on days I don't have as much time. You get to know the forms that are really quick and the ones that waste time.

tee
March 1st, 2003, 6:09pm
I enter anywhere frome 50- 100 sweeps a day. I don't work (yet) so I have the time sometimes I have way too much time on my hands and enter just about any sweep I can find.:laugh:

chancebunny
March 1st, 2003, 6:46pm
I enter 30-50 dailies a day, depending on how much time I have. I also enter a few new ones (one time) every day. I enter about 40 weekly sweeps each week, usually on Monday and Tuesday. And I enter a few monthly sweeps on most days throughout the month.

bbenge
March 4th, 2003, 8:56pm
I have 192 dailys on my plate right now. But some days Im so sick of looking at those payless shoes or answering the same surveys over and over i skip a few. I split my entries up during the day. some in the morning with my first mountian dew to wake me up and a few while dinner is in the oven and the rest once all my rugrats are asleep. A few good wins nothing over $75.00 yet but i can dream!!:smile5:

Nikita
March 23rd, 2003, 12:54am
I'm a stay at home mom. I usually get on here about 8-9 pm EVERY night. I check all the new sweeps, enter those that I like, and proceed to the dailies. I guess I enter probably 500 or more a day there and then the unlimited and then the 24 hour ones. I'm usually "at work" for about 5 hours a night. (after the kids are in bed) It pays off. I've won alot. Still no trips or cars though. (still hoping)! I won a Dell computer for the kids, a gas grill, an autographed John Force racing jacket ARV $400, a Canon multifunction print/scan/copy/fax machine, the Jason Kidd autographed basketball, patio furniture worth $1035, $100 cash, autographed Aerosmith autobiography, and tons of other stuff. I also do surveys for pay, read emails for pay, shop online and get cash back programs, (like Mypoints and Shopathomeselect.com. I love winning. It's fun and I never know whats gonna come UPS or by mail or by Fedex. The kids love it because I give them the toys and video games and DVD's. Anyway, I've had my say. Good luck to all of you! And this site ROCKS!

groovyguru
March 23rd, 2003, 1:15am
I enter 50-60 dailies (usually ones ending soon, lots of prizes, instant wins, or a grand prize like the dream house)
ending soon for tomorrow each day
Sundays the weeklies
15th the monthlies

droller02
March 23rd, 2003, 1:16am
I enter 100 - 200 a day, depending on how much time I have, plus a handful of lotto sites like Luckysurf, Jackpot, Madebig, Troppolotto, PCH, etc. (Hey, some 25 year old bachelor just won the $39 Million Megabucks jackpot slot machine here in Vegas so maybe one of these online lottos will pay too)! Kinda weird, but my best luck has been on weekly sweeps, won 2 trips, one to Italy last year that was great.

Bottom line is "you gotta be in it to win it"!

Good Luck,
Dan

jankelley
March 23rd, 2003, 1:49am
I probably enter a good 200 a day, but when I am doing weeklies/monthlies I could do as many as 400 some days. My advice-- don't enter for trivial prizes unless you really want them, and get a cable modem--- the time you save with a faster computer is simply invaluable and well worth the money. I wish I had done it much sooner!!!!:)

suzybeth
April 1st, 2003, 8:38am
I am currently entering anywhere from 75-125 per day. Always 75 I have in My Sweeps!:cheer:
You can't win if you don't enter!

chuckybaby
April 26th, 2003, 9:40pm
I enter contests with lots of prizes. I have about 70 sweeps in my favorites that I enter daily. Thanks to Robo form! Have won quite a few sweeps this year! I think around 20. Except for a couple of wins, they are all small wins. Use daily entry sweeps for the best success. Good things come to those who wait!

Melpomeme7
April 26th, 2003, 10:08pm
I just started this a few months ago but right now I have 305 saved in My Sweeps which are daily, 24 hour and unlimited. I just got done entering all of those and it took me about 2 hours.

On the weekends I try to make sure I enter the weekly contests and hit the monthly contests the first of each month.

Then...........each day I check out the new contests from the previous day and enter the single entry just to make sure I dont miss those.

Wow..........thats a lot of time at the computer.

L๖brau
April 26th, 2003, 10:14pm
I have about 70 in my daily's and a handful in my 24-hours in MySweeps. I have about 15 weekly, and 15 monthly as well. Plus, I enter a bunch of new 1x entries that are new.

I only enter for things I think would be cool to win, or if it woudln't be cool for me (like a diamond necklace... a single guy doesn't need a diamond necklace) then it's something that would be valuable enough to want it anyway for future use or sale.

Stingray53
April 27th, 2003, 12:13am
200+ a day, several weeklies and many monthlies.
I do have a cable modem and Roboform makes it very quick. I can play all my dailies in about 45 minutes.

StoneHrt
April 27th, 2003, 12:35am
:grin2: I don't have enough toe's and fingers to count thta high:D

TinyMoMo
May 11th, 2003, 10:53am
I am using Zaptastic, and I turn it on at night and let it run, then it shuts itself off. I do about 300 a day. it took me about 6 hours to get this set up initially, and I go through andd add or remove them as necessary, spending about an hour a day on that.:)

unicornz4ever
June 13th, 2003, 10:37pm
I have a cable modem...And I enter about 400 dailys..I'm a sahm so I have lots of free time..But really it only takes me about 2 hours (yesterday I timed myself and in 30 minutes I entered 137)..I use sweep and roboform..

Kimmiepie007
June 13th, 2003, 11:17pm
I enter around 200 a day. I am currently not working, just going to school. I only enter what I want to win. Around 50 are dailys, and I enter every 1X that has something I would like. I have been doing this about 1 yr. I won my first and only GP two months after I started $5000 GC to Sears and a membership to a gym. I also won the Oscar Mayer bike, couldnt get the keychain:mad: and a few other small things. It has been awhile since I won anything worth it. I need a win!!!!!:smile3:

edtarboosh
June 14th, 2003, 2:20am
Right now I enter 678 dailies every day (has varied from ~500 - ~750), about 120 weeklies, and about 80 monthlies for myself and other family members (some submitted from theiir own computers) I also enter about 5 - 20 one-time entries per day. And I also enter about 120 lottos every day (but only won a few bucks on these so far).

My first big prize was over $5K worth of jewelry in March shortly after I started with a crude automated program based on Roboform. After that happened, I wrote a program that fully automatically enters the sweeps I pick. I run it on 3 different computers and I've had many wins (about $25K total ARV so far). I'm a good programmer and the automation is undetectable (it imitates human play), so I don't have to worry about disqualification.

I have to spend about 10-20 minutes a day supervising it now and picking new sweeps. But when I first started the program was buggy and took hours of supervision. But it was well worth the trouble. I'm currently recruiting other friends and family to expand and split IP addresses since the number of real players and IP addresses is now my only limitation. They will also find the sweeps for me so I no longer have to do that.

I wonder how many other programmers out there have done this. Any care to come forward? I expect to get blasted for this post but you folks need to know there are people like me out there and I'd like to know how many. Since everthing is computerized, there is really nothing that can be done to stop it. Even Flash games are automatable (but took me a long time to get right - I just started these).

Anyway, good luck to all!!

janew
June 14th, 2003, 6:59pm
are you willing to share your knowledge with us less fortunate?

edtarboosh
June 14th, 2003, 8:05pm
I like to help and as you can check, I've posted some tips here before but they didn't get much respone.

The programs I wrote for myself are not pretty, i.e., they don't have a nice interface and I can't afford to support others outside those that share winnings with me i.e., friends and family). Obviously, also, sharing the program with strangers will defeat my odds on sweeps. I enter some unlimited entry sweeps 10s of thousands of times (few forbid automated entry). If everybody else does, I won't win anymore.

However, sharing my automated lottery program can't hurt me since more people playing doesn't really affect my odds of winning (unless they pick the same winning number which is unlikely). Also, few lottos ban automated entry. If there is significant interest, I may be willing to share my automated lotto program. But I would still have to do a lot of work to program an easy to use interface and AI entry scheduler. Perhaps I should sell this as a product. Is there any other interest out there?

For those of you who have to have something free, check out Autolotto at http://www.memelog.com/autolotto/ This defunct program is not mine and it is difficult to use, so be warned. But it is free.

Good luck to all!!

kittyhello72
June 14th, 2003, 8:37pm
i enter about 150 dailies and several monthlies and weeklies. as far as the above, i disagree. Almost every single sweeps out there has a rule about no automated entries programs. but i guess if you can get away with it...........

Jaotaz
June 14th, 2003, 8:44pm
I enter about 200 a day. I have roadrunner cable and roboform helps too. It takes me about one and a half hours.

LauriePowell
June 14th, 2003, 8:48pm
I enter between 300-400 daily's, 40 monthly's, 26 unlimited's, 24 weekly's but I think thats enough for now.

I have to fight with kids between two networked computers. Fighting over who gets AOL, MSN or Explorer...LOL

and the ultimate fight who gets the newer computer, simple fix ME "MOM".

I am new and I stay at home so I have enough time to do more if I wanted too. Just testing the waters to see if it will pan out and I might win something someday.

Laurie

ResourcePress
June 14th, 2003, 11:14pm
9 to 16 dailies.
I enter whatever one time entries have good prizes.
Currently working on 10ish recipe and essay contests.

purplebradley
June 15th, 2003, 2:09am
People like edtarboosh give Sweepers a bad name! How you enter the Sweeps is unfair to the rest of us who enter the sweeps legitimately. Then, for you to brag about being a cheat is absurd.

:nay:

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 1:08pm
I was not bragging but I was curious as to the reponses I would get. My post was meant to be provocative. Your response was what I expected.

I don't really consider myself a sweeper like the rest of you and I have no moral compunctions about my methodology.

For me, this is not an enjoyable hobby, it is just a side business using technology to exploit the system - for which I make no apologies. I am violating no laws and don't enter or accept prizes from sweeps where I would be doing so (I have turned down prizes requiring an affidavit attesting to non-automation).

For those of you for which this is an enjoyable hobby, I wish you luck. You need it because the odds are so poor.

From reading posts here and elsewhere, I can see that this "hobby" borders on or becomes more like a full-fledged addiction that wastes your time and saps the spirit. How many of you feel compulsion to do sweeps more than enjoyment? Upon honest reflection, I think many if not most will realize it's the former. Maybe it started out to be fun...but...

Even stay-at-home moms and the disabled can find far more productive and profitable uses for their time than sweeps. If people like me and our methods make people realize how poor their odds are, then we're doing a public service (yes, I know, that is not my motive nor do I seek your respect).

We are bombarded every day by the sweeps promoting companies that invade our privacy, exploit our weaknesses, and use every legal angle to push their wares on us, whether moral or not. I have no problem using every angle I can to win.

hluvs2shop
June 15th, 2003, 2:03pm
I wonder why someone who has all the odds in his favor and obviously has better things to do would choose to derail a friendly thread and use it to preach to the good folks here about how they are addicts who could surely find something more profitable and productive to do with their time. Why not start your own thread to insult everyone and gloat about your system (I mean, find out if there's any interest in your system even though you have no intention of sharing it with people)?

How stay-at-home moms or the disabled members of this board or any other members spend their time is, frankly, their business and none of yours. It's not up to you to judge them or talk down to them and show them what you feel is the error of their ways. Why do you feel the need to put people down for doing something harmless which they enjoy?

Your post was meant to be provocative, and I suppose you accomplished what you set out to do, at least with me. Because it makes me wonder...

Why would someone with obviously more important things to do come here and gloat and intentionally try to make people feel bad? Perhaps your system isn't quite as great as you say, and you're hoping to better your odds by making people feel so bad about a fun hobby that they'll quit. You know, eliminate the competition by showing them how fruitless their efforts will be.

No thanks, I'll stay right here and try to beat the odds with all the other nice folks you've intentionally insulted. Your post touting your wonderful system of cheating will be in the back of my mind though, and when I do win, or see other posts from people on the board who win, it'll make the wins that much sweeter knowing we won in spite of people who cheat to have the odds in their favor.

Apologies for the long post.
Good luck to all (except cheaters)!

EGNATZ1
June 15th, 2003, 4:11pm
ED

AMAZING THAT THE ODDS ARE SO OUTLANDISH AND THOUSANDS ENTER SWEEPS EVERYDAY, THAT EVERY DAY WE HAVE A FORUM LISTING NUMEROUS WINNERS FROM THIS WEBSITE. BEING ONE OF THE DISABLED PEOPLE WHO COME TO THESE BOARDS AND ENTERS NUMEROUS SWEEPS AND HAVE WON NUMEROUS THINGS INCLUDING GRAND PRIZES , I FEEL SORRY, THAT YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO CHEAT TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING. I ENTER SWEEPS BECAUSE I ENJOY IT. NOT BECAUSE I NEED TO AND IT DOES NOT CONSUME MY LIFE OR MY TIME. I HAVE MET SOME VERY NICE GENEROUS PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AND ED YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES THAT GIVE SWEEPERS A BAD NAME BY CONVULTING THE RULES HOPING IT WILL GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE WHICH EXCEPT FOR MULTIPLE ENRTY SWEEPS IT DOESN'T. BELIEVE ME THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT COULD WRITE A PROGRAM TO ENTER SWEEPS FOR US BUT THAT DEFEATS OUR PURPOSE FOR ENTERING THE SWEEPS .ITS NOT JUST THE WINNING ITS PLAYING THE GAMES AND INTERACTING WITH OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY.

DAVE H

:nay: :nay:

jaybat
June 15th, 2003, 4:23pm
What a jerk.

"I have a super-duper secret system but I won't tell anybody" - no, I have absolutely no interest, I just get annoyed at that type of trolling. Well, juvenile posts in general do that to me.

BTW, I know who killed Kennedy and I also know where Jimmy Hoffa is.

But I'm not telling.

yadgirl
June 15th, 2003, 5:27pm
I dunno. I love the sponsors. I never feel like I'm being tricked into buying something just because a sponsor wants to "advertise" with a sweepstakes promotion.

I enter my fair share, but if I had to run a computer program to help me win, I wouldn't feel right about accepting the prizes.

More power to you though! Enjoy it while it lasts.

yad

TinyMoMo
June 15th, 2003, 5:43pm
I do not think it makes any sense to write a post that calls me and my thousands of other sweeper friends "people without any positive" contributions to life.
I have a master's degree, volunteer at church and school. Believe me, I am productive!!!!!

Part of being a free American...or a free Canadian...is that we enjoy the right of free will.

You have offended disabled persons and stay at home Moms.

I know that the hour a day I spend doing this is just for fun. I do not care who has my name. I am a mother with 5 kids and little money, I cannot pay to play the lottery, and I have free internet and a 200 dollar laptop. Where is the harm in holding out some hope to win something?
AND...........................
BY THE WAY....Since April 22 I have won:
bid4vacations.com-trip to Florida...it is legit, all expenses paid, no condo presentation to sit through-
12 rolls scott towels
48 rolls Scott toilet paper
25 dollar certificate to baja fresh (used it last night, it was AWESOME!)
6 twix bars
One Pair Eastland Shoes
One pair of heelys skate shoes from 7up
One Heist DVD
100 GC to a bed and breakfast
7-8 books from various sites
12 pack Mountain Dew
FYE gift certificate for 25 dollars

I won these by doing this the right way.
I hope you enjoy your ill-gotten goods.....NOT

:nay: :nay: :nay: :nay

Nikita
June 15th, 2003, 6:26pm
I totally agree with all my fellow "legit" sweepers. I also am a stay at home mom with 2 boys and I am a little insulted at your posts. It sounds to me like you have a very lonely existence to have to spend so much time developing ways to cheat. Like alot of the others here I have won many prizes the legal way and it is fun not compulsion that compels me to keep entering. People like you who have no morals will always be the losers in life. And maybe you'll end up doing time for committing fraud. I don't think you'd stand a chance against some of the big companies that will gladly prosecute you for cheating them. Good luck with that.

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 7:19pm
It's amazing that as I read replies to my last post, that people quoted me as saying things I did not say. Even though they can easily go back and read my posts If you read back to my first post and then my first reply to a friendly question, there was nothing negative or preachy at all in my posts until my reply to a slam at me. In fact, I even posted info some might find useful, e'g', on autolotto.

I reiterate that if you truly enjoy sweeping, whether a CEO, a stay at home mom, or a disabled person. more power to you. A hobby doesn't have to be productive to be worthwhile as long as it truly makes you happy. I hope that when you do so, you do it for the right reasons and don't expect to win the "big one", because the odds against you are truly staggering.

What was the purpose of this thread in the first place? Contemplate that for a moment and read all the posts as I have. It is very revealing.

I'll share something with you because I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder and it is what motivated my last reply. My mother, a stay at home mom, was a lovely woman and a good mom, when she wasn't occupied by her addiction to sweeping - in the olden days of snail mail only.

She spent 2- 4 hours a day on this hobby but even more thinking about it to distraction. The worst was after a significant win because that would rejuvenate the whole cycle. And she was a winner (at least $180K ARV over 24 years). She was even profiled on a TV show on the 70s.

Based on what I heard from the family, when she started (before I was born) she truly loved sweeping. But all I ever saw was the compulsion and she didn't seem happy to me. For all her winnings, she would have been far ahead going to school or getting training for a better job - or even developing and applying her wonderful artistic talent. Shortly before she died she cried telling me she had wasted all those years and missed out with my sister and I.

Some of you may see my mother in yourselves. Am I judgemental? Well if that is the case, then I am, and you should be too.

I expect to get psychoanalyzed in the replies to this. Feel free to take out your frustration and disgust at me.

allie
June 15th, 2003, 7:30pm
I just have to point out - I believe there is different levels of a hobby and some hobbies become extreme (for certain people, not all) and turn it into an addiction. But just because many of us sit here for an hour a day or what have you, talk with friends and sweep at the same time does not make us all addicted and unhappy.

I guess the way you (edtarboosh) made some generalizations in your posts is what struck me and a few others (among other things which I won't delve into). :)

TinyMoMo
June 15th, 2003, 7:38pm
Sweeping=GOOD hobby
Drinking+ BAD hobby
Beating your kids=bad hobby

Your Mom was on tv and claimed about 180K in prizes?

How is that a BAD thing???

I agree though, perhaps she should have spent a bit more time raising you. Apparently you missed out on something.

So sad,edtarbush

yadgirl
June 15th, 2003, 7:42pm
Intention noted, but once you've posted something knowing it's going to stir up some negative responses, seems to me the point has been missed already.

yad

littlebit870
June 15th, 2003, 7:43pm
Well I since becoming a moderator I have edited many many sweepstakes that have been submitted to this site and I can tell you the following can be found in most sweepstake/contest rules.

Entries generated by script, macro, bot, or other automated means will be disqualified.

Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

What you are doing is not legal, but wait ! you say you never enter these right? So what you are asking us to believe is this great program you wrote finds and then reads the rules then determines if it is legal to enter for you then proceeds to enter. Then on it goes searching out another sweepstake reads the rules for you and again enters for you on and on and on?????

Fellow OLS members I would just take all this with a grain of salt.

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 8:14pm
Listen, I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Shake things up - yes, cause unproductive pain - no. up If you don't see yourself in my admitted generalizations (how can I not make generalizations, I don't know any of you personally?), then you should not be offended. And if you do, I suggest you have a problem you need to deal with.

Yes, my mom winning $180K was a good thing - on the surface. And it was the winnings along the way that helped compel her to keep it up. Hmmm...

But when you think about it, $180K for 24+ years of work (deduct at least $30K for postage and other expenses)? I think she could have done much better and I know she realized too late that she could have too. She spent at least 20 - 30 hours/wk on this. Barely minimum wage.

And that doesn't include the intangible costs to the family. Ironically, I think my mother was cursed by her first big win (over $50K) just before I was born. Before that is was a part time enjoyable hobby. After that she was "hooked" and couldn't miss an opportunity.

The feeling of winning soemthing unexpected is a truly wonderful feeling that I did share with my mom when the postman or UPS truck came. And I still do, I just refuse to work as hard for it and sacrifice my family.

Foosta
June 15th, 2003, 8:26pm
Wow!

As someone famous said, " . . . let they who have not sinned cast the first stone . . . "

MAN, you guys are throwing some boulders!

What the world needs now is . . . certainly not this kind of bashing.

Just my opinion . . . .

:nay:

Dawn2
June 15th, 2003, 8:42pm
Averages between 25-50 but there are times when I don't enter for a day or so just because I'm too tired. It's fun and I plan to keep it that way by keeping the right mental attitude. The next win is always "any day now."

littlebit870
June 15th, 2003, 8:43pm
Foosta, I was not bashing. All I did was state my opinion on what was posted and also reflected that I just do not believe what was said.

suzybeth
June 15th, 2003, 8:49pm
Basically I would say 98% of us here at OS Sweep because we have fun doing it. Nothing wrong with that. We enjoy winning a prize here and there. Nothing wrong with that. We enjoy the friends we have made here. Nothing wrong with that. We do live our lives the way we see fit. Nothing wrong with that. As I read earlier in one of the posts, I agree with them, after knowing that there are people out there cheating and corrupting the sweepstakes, it makes the wins that much sweeter for us all. Nothing wrong with that! So everyone just keep entering, have fun while you do it, and look over those who cheat, Because there's Nothing Wrong With That!

LauriePowell
June 15th, 2003, 8:49pm
I have sat here and read all posts in order and I came to one conclusion.

Your soul is your gateway to happiness. Whatever makes a person happy whether its knitting, baseball, football or plan ole watching t.v. more power to you!

People with disabilities and stay at home moms NEED hobbies or else they will go INSANE. To each his own. Whether its cheating or not everyone has to live with there choices they make in life. But I do believe good always comes back to good people.

I like my time I spend doing my sweeps 2 - 3 hours a day. I can put out of my mine that my mother just passed. (I am young only 33 to lose a parent) I can tune the three kids out and not cater to them for a few. (their 9, 10, and 14) And with my father having a stoke yesterday waking up this morning and doing some of my entries helped me relax.

So all I can say to the poster is..... Yes you did take a hit at the disabled and the stay at home moms. You stated we could use our time more productively then submitting sweeps. I for one use my time very well and would like to have another 12 hours in a day.

Sorry but all positive energy goes in a flow all negative energy blocks all good.

Laurie

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 9:10pm
You are correct about most sweeps. And in fact, many if not most sweeps I enter have some variation of the clauses you cite. (Ironically, the 8 unlimited sweeps I enter countless times have no such provisions!). My program does not have the ability to read rules (yet), as you correctly surmise.

However, you have not adequately researched the subject nor do your rule quotations equal that which are truly legally enforcable under the law. Furthermore, what I do is not tampering as that is legally interpreted as interference with web content, transmission, etc. which I do not do.

What I do have is a good lawyer who has advised me carefully as to the legality of what I'm doing. As I said in a previous post, I do not accept prizes that require a legally and properly phrased (with all legal technicality bases covered) affidavit attesting to use of non-automated entry. I have my lawyer review each before accepting. You can't be prosecuted for fraud unless you accept a prize fraudulently. Otherwise, unless you do something to damage a website, you cannot be prosecuted for an entry that violates the rules. So I usually don't bother reading rules until I win and get the affidavit, if any.

And that's just because I don't want to break the law. Since my methods are undetectable, I could just as well lie and get away with it. Since I am already viewed as a despicable cheater, perhaps I should just go all the way. But that is a step I don't take since I have a bare shred of morality.

I think you need to research the grey legal areas between rules that are legitimate and enforcable and those which are not. After you have done so, you will only be doing me a service by finding flaws in my arguments but others as well. Just because something is stated in rules doesn't necessarily make it legally binding or enforcable. There are many legal technicalities governing sweeps - most of which I frankly don't understand either. That's why I have a lawyer.

For example, review the discussions and contact sweeps administrators (e.g. Ventura) regarding Roboform or even the IE autocomplete feature - these are truly scripts and macros and but many sweepers use them religiously. There is an ongoing debate on this. What if you're disabled and can't type well?

Do you know of anyone who has ever been disqualified or prosecuted for automation? I don't and neither does my lawyer. In fact, my lawyer has found only 8 precedents even remotely related involving sweeps/lotto/gaming cheating and all involved tampering, fraudulent identity, and/or misappropriation of content and interal game software.

Only one resulted in significant penalties and this was for a crime syndicate that hacked into a game's central server with a virus-like program to find/set a winning code.

I realize now that this discussion may be causing more harm than good. As moderator, if you would like this to be my last post, I will abide your decision.

sweepyhead
June 15th, 2003, 9:16pm
You would probably make more money selling a service like this to other sweepers than using it for your own sweeping. Just my cool, unemotional opinion.

I think this person's modus operandi speaks for the wisdom of 1x sweeps. His odds are the same for everyone else's if it's 1x only.

Sweepy:sleep2:

kittyhello72
June 15th, 2003, 9:31pm
does anyone else find it odd that this guy participates in something that supposedly stole his mom away from him for all those years and he hated that part of his moms life. i know if my mom was, oh lets say an alocoholic, the last thing i would want to do is DRINK ALCOHOL.
just an observation.

iggy1I
June 15th, 2003, 9:39pm
Agree with you 100% lil_ladybug. Someone's got some serious mom issues going on.

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 10:09pm
Judging from the blasts here. Few people would want to buy it. I thought about it though - it would be a lot of work to make it easy to use for any layman. My lawyer indicated I would also have to go through a lot of legal hoops to form a company to sell it. What if someone did use it fraudulently or get disqualified? I don't need the headaches.

I have a successful software business - this is just a fun sideline that gives me a sort of cathartic revenge for my mother's sweeping. Actually, I wrote the original program for my sister who was becoming addicted herself. Now she clicks a couple buttons and has her life back. (Again, I don't mean to insult those legions of you that really enjoy sweeping) Ironically, the auto-sweep stuff I wrote is an offshoot of a program I wrote for managing on-line medical forms. So its not like I devoted my major energies to this effort as some have insulted me for. It took me maybe 40 hours of work and I can use many of the subroutines for my other "legitimate" projects. And it was fun, so blasting me for programming it is as unfair as being insulted for selecting sweeping as a hobby?

I have been giving serious thought to selling my automated lotto player though for reasons I gave earlier. It can reduce your odds from 1/100 million to 1/1-5 thousand per year. That's a much better value proposition than my sweeps program. Few prohibit automation and most skirt the fine points of the law themselves by offering subscriptions (legal) instead of selling tickets (illegal). So I think the scrupulously honest people here might actually buy it. But probably not from me now. Thank God I used a pseudonym.

I'm sure if I don't sell a program, someone else will, if there really is a market. What I don't understand is why littlebit870
is so skeptical. Even if I am a liar, how can it be doubted that there are many like me out there. Otherwise, why would the clauses forbidding automation in the first place.

I guess I am the only one bold, vain, and/or stupid enough to "put it out there".

For the truly unscrupulous, there are far more sophisticated ways to cheat than anything I would ever attempt. Even the 1X are vulnerable to these. Such methods include mass email registration w/ identity worms combined with IP masking. Serious dangerous hackers have succeeded with this many times. For those of you who play lottos, you may note that several ban players from China. That is because some Chinese gangs hacked these sites and/or mass played in an undetectable/hard to detect manner. Since they couldn't detect it, they banned the whole country.

kalisgirl
June 15th, 2003, 10:17pm
Wow, you have entertained me, that is for sure. I think I have dated a couple of guys like you.:)

LauriePowell
June 15th, 2003, 10:25pm
LOL That is way to funny!!!!!! He is kinda ANAL retentive ain't he?

I am just glad my hubby doesn't have attitudes like that..

Laurie

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 10:27pm
Gee, I'd ask you out too. But I've been very happily married for almost 23 years to my High School sweetheart. And they say teen marriages never work...

But I have a feeling you didn't mean that in a nice way.

kalisgirl
June 15th, 2003, 10:34pm
That is great. So many marriages don't even make it five these days. She must be a hell of a woman.

I was just trying to lighten things up I guess. I wasn't trying to be mean. I really have dated some guys like you though. Heh.

edtarboosh
June 15th, 2003, 10:49pm
I don't mind the ribbing as long as its as funny as your post.

I expected a real roasting and have a thick skin.

You're right about my wife. Anybody who could put up with me has to be amazing. People say she has three kids. We have two boys.

This has been a unique and interesting experience for me. I've never really used such a forum or written so much to strangers. I guess I needed to vent. I only regret that I hurt some feelings. Re-reading my posts I can see that they were, to say the least, sometimes less then tactful.

Good night

purplebradley
June 15th, 2003, 10:51pm
Good-Bye!

ignoramoose
June 15th, 2003, 11:50pm
edtarboosh--

I completely disagree with your method of entering sweeps, but I have to give you credit for posting so eloquently, and stating your position in such a calm, concise way. Thanks for not taking this discussion down to a lower level.

I happen to enjoy entering each sweep manually (w/ a little help from Roboform), because I like remembering each prize as it comes up. "Oh yeah, I forgot I really wanted those NFL season tickets!"...and so on. Realistically, I know most of what I enter I won't win, so it makes it even sweeter when I do get the occasional "congratulations".

To touch on the topic, here, I spend about 2 hours a day doing sweeps...but most of that is hanging around here, jus' checking the forums and whatnot.

Twizz1233
June 16th, 2003, 7:46am
Ok, so I've been reading this thread and can understand the small amount of "bashing" that you've endured.....I'm not here to do that, but I do have just a few questions.

From what I've read here, I've come to the conclusion that it's really the LOTTO games and the sweeps which allow UNLIMITED entries that are your main focus with this software you have written.....and which may pose any kind of "threat" to those of us who enter using more traditional methods.....am I right?

With sweeps that allow one entry per person/household....or one entry per day per person/household....those types you are able to enter at the speed of light, but don't really change the odds for the rest of us. You are just able to go out there and enter every single contest there is.....regardless of whether or not you're interested in the prize......and do it in a matter of minutes.

What is the fun in that?? You just end up with a lot of junk you don't need?? LOL

Also...Do you consider "one entry per household" to be the same as "one entry per IP address"? What is the whole deal with splitting IP addresses then?

Does your software work on the sites that use FLASH? Seems like there are more & more of those around lately!

I personally don't play the lotto, and usually steer clear of the sweeps that allow unlimited entries.....just because I've always known the odds are almost imposssible and I have MUCH better things to do with my time :smile3:

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 12:04pm
Thanks for the thoughtful question Twizz. I'll be happy to answer.

My software offers the biggest advantages in lotto and unlimited sweeps as you conclude due to shear volume of enable entries to reduce odds. But there is more to it than that and some of your inferences are incorrect.

The program is a huge threat to to others who do unlimited sweeps because it swamps those of you who enter manually. However, my lotto program is not really a threat to you because you have the same odds whether I play or not. With sweeps, odds are determined by the number of entries. With lottos, the odds are fixed by the mathematical probability of picking certain numbers. My program would only be a threat there if so many people had it (millions!) that the probability of splitting the pots became significant (think about the WV lottery winner - 10s of millions played but one guy was the winner). But even then, you'd still win - just less.

Your conclusions concerning entries per household are also correct - up to a point. The only point you miss is that the software enables me to enter more people/households - with their consent, of course. My software is currently in use by 19 close friends and family each running, at last count, 682 sweeps per day for a total of almost 13,000 entries per day. This doesn't include lottos or unlimited sweeps. Of these 19 people, I run sweeps for 7 (who don't have computers yet) from my home and business networks. Those are good odds since the average big-prize sweep gets 300,000 - 2.5 million entries.

Most sweeps entered are 1/person. The ones that are limited to 1/household generally follow the home address - not the computer IP address. So I just use the other person's address when I enter for them. You could set up a bunch of PO boxes to foil this in many cases if you really wanted to go bonkers. But we don't bother.

As a way of limiting entries to 1/household, most sweeps do not block IP addresses even if they record it. I'm sure we've all seen sweeps that will permit only one entry per computer - that's what I'm talking about. Even this can be prevented by a number of means - some as simple as blocking the cookie (or deleting/limiting the session cookie only) or by more sophisticated means similar to use in Firewalls used to prevent hackers from getting into your computer. If you really want to get fancy, you can do IP aliasing/masking. There are even services out their used by spammers that will do this for you - for a fee. But in truth, I don't bother with any of these. I don't plan on expanding my system to many others.

As far as fun is concerned, I didn't get into this for fun as you can see from my earliest posts. I never had anything to do with sweeps since my mother did over 20 years ago. My sister got into it though about a year ago and I could see she was getting addicted like my mother was. So I developed and gave her the original program. I didn't start using it seriously myself until March, at which time we began sharing it on a limited basis with others.

Sharing the program with close friends and family has enabled me to give, actually help them get for themselves, what they would otherwise be too proud to accept from me directly. It is very enjoyable for me when they win something they want.

I also have to admit that it is fun to win, even when its junk. I've felt that way since I was a kid. But in truth, I donate almost everything donateable to charity. I'm well off and don't need it. The only stuff I keep are some trips that are non-transfertable - but usually they'll give you at least $.30 on the dollar that I can donate. The only stuff I really want to keep are the things money can't easily buy, like opps to meet your favorite muscian on tour. But I haven't won anything like that yet.

But again, I treat this mentally like a business, not a hobby like my mother and sister did. I am not attached to it nor do I enjoy the process. I have enjoyed these exchanges though. It's enabled me to get a lot off my chest.

As far a FLASH games are concerned, they were difficult to program for reasons I won't get into. But it was a fun challenge and I was successful, though my program is still buggy. It will take me awhile to make it easy to use. Right now I have only one relative who is comfortable using it. My sister is still entering them by hand. But I'll put a stop to that soon.

Thank you for not bashing but I don't mind. I set myself up as bastard to jolt the system. I think it is healthy for some (just some!!!) sweepers to occassionally reflect on their efforts.

I have been deliberately flippant concerning the morality of all this in previous posts. In truth, I recognize that I am on somewhat shaky moral ground. I have made the decision that the ends justify the means in this endeavor. Basically, I feel I'm doing more good than harm and won't go to Hell for it. All the sponsors out there didn't want their sweeps entered and won primarily by a relatively small cadre of dedicated sweepers either. But they live with it because no rule can stop it. There are a lot of sides to this moral tale. But I certainly see and understand the arguments against me.

Sorry for the long reply.

yadgirl
June 16th, 2003, 1:07pm
edtarboosh,
I guess I'm wondering why you would even go through the trouble of hiring a lawyer and building a software program that allows you to enter over and over again.

What is it for you? A Challenge? A revenge thing? A money thing? I'm sorry, but I just don't get it.

yad

Sabra505
June 16th, 2003, 1:17pm
I'd like to know what happened to this being "fun".
Personally I enjoy this hobby - and have no intention
of turning this into another business career

:grin2: :confused: :grin2:

jenssequa
June 16th, 2003, 1:27pm
I enter about 50 a day but haven't won anything really big. I'm unemployed at this time and entering contests gives me hope that I might be able to have a better future someday if I win. Even if I don't win, having the hope makes entering worth it. I have two job interviews this week though, so this hobby may get reduced entries very soon.

:cheer:

:cheer2:

:grin3:

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 2:17pm
I didn't expect to spend so much of my vacation on this. But I'm very intrigued with the exchange.

I think I made clear my reasons. First and foremost I did it for my sister who has had a hard life and I did not want to see her fall into a familiar pattern like my mom. In a previous post I was chided that if someone had an alcholic mother, the last thing they would want to do is drink. That's rational thinking. But statistics prove otherwise. The children of child abusers, addicts, etc. all too often follow the parent's path. Sad, irrational, but true.

Second, I did it for the friends and relatives who have appreciated it. My nephew recently won enough to pay for half a semester of college. He will be only the third in the family to go to college - after me and my cousin. But his father never would have accepted the handout from me directly.

Despite the pontificating, I suspect that few sweepers would toss out my program if it fell in their lap. For those that truly love sweeping, you'd do enough manually to feel good and let the program do what you can't. Of course, the scrupulously moral angels among you will be the ones to blast back and reject this. Take your shot.

Third, I did it for the challenge. Its fun to build something that "beats the system". I think most people can relate to that even if they would never use it. I could easily have had one of my employees write the code (actually, they did do some of the non-fun part). I enjoyed writing it. You don't want to be knocked for your hobbies. Why second guess mine? I work because I want to, I don't have to. I do a lot of other things you would doubtless find more redeeming. But this is a sweeps forum...

Fourth, the type of web-bot needed to do the sweeps & lottos has many other applications of potentially far greater social and monetary value. This program was an offshoot of a medical program we developed as I said in an earlier post. This stuff serves as an excellent "toy problem" as we say in R&D. I believe what I learned provided a great platform to do other more valuable endeavors. I knew that would evolve when I started, but it was not the driving force.

Fifth, for myself, I'd like to win some unusual stuff that money can't easily buy. My kids would have loved to be in the Harry Potter movie, for example. But this is not a big deal to me.

Other reasons. Well, I have no other conscious reasons but I would not dismiss the satisfaction of revenge, vanity, etc. I'm sure that's there too. Feel free to read into me any Freudian motivations you wish.

As for hiring as lawyer - well he's an old friend and has been handling my companies business for over 15 years. I have him to make sure that nobody I care about gets into any trouble, including yours truly.

I think the question you should have asked is what's my motive for posting all this. I'd like to think I'm doing it consciously to help at least one addicted soul start on the road to recovery. Certainly, if there are any of you addicts out there, I think you would be doing a service to put your story here. I believe this can be as bad a addiction as any other but few realize it. I also think this is the type of addiction that an otherwise non-addictive personality can easily slip into, and then find it hard to break.

Sweeping is basically a form of gambing where you spend time instead of money. Again, I have nothing against the majority of sweepers who do it for fun in moderation. -Just as I have no problems with gamblers who gamble for fun in moderation.

But as I think about it, I think what's truly driving me is an almost morbid curiosity about the dynamics of this type of exchange. It's like when people gawk at a car accident - which I do too. I can say anonymously stuff I never would in public. I'm getting off on it somehow in a way I can't really explain. I'd like to think I'm doing good. But I have to admit it may be for selfish satisfaction. But I don't feel guilty either, I think I am experiencing normal human feelings that most of us have, but rarely ever admit to.

Twizz1233
June 16th, 2003, 3:09pm
You write very eloquent posts and you are obviously an above-average intelligent person. But I guess my degree in psychology has led me to read between your lines and I've come to the conclusion that I really feel sorry for you in some way.

I'm not afraid of you or your software. Your posts have not put a damper on my enjoyment of this hobby (HOBBY, not addiction). I wish the best for you, and good luck to all your friends that you are helping out. Obviously, only a small portion of the sweeps YOU enter are in direct competition with myself :laugh:

And to everyone else here....on the best forum around....

Wishing you the best of luck!! :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs:

TinyMoMo
June 16th, 2003, 3:18pm
Edtarboosh said:

"I'm getting off on it somehow in a way I can't really explain"

I think I can explain it.........

How about the rest of my sweeping friends....?

Yeah, Ed, we got your number. You are on vacation...a little bored...decided to come in here and torture us.

No problem.

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 4:24pm
I did not write to instill fear into people who love sweeps as a hobby and don't let it run their lives in pursuit of a very small chance of treasure. I assume you are among the former. I wish you well.

As I said before, if you don't see your behavior in my posts, then you shouldn't be offended. If you do, maybe you need to reassess what you're doing.

Unless there are many programs out there like mine, I agree you have little to fear (except for unlimited entry). Though, honestly, I suspect there are more like me than you think. What I did is not so hard to do (except for some of the AI stuff I haven't talked about - the hard part is checking lotto results emails automatically). Anyone else out there using automation willing to speak up?

I wish more sweeps published the number of entries they receive for everyone to see EASILY. I wish this Board could help do so as this would be helpful to sweepers on many levels. I've called Ventura about several. They will often divulge this info. Maybe someone out there would be game. But it would be such a downer, I doubt it. On the other hand, if people knew that the odds to win a prize from company X were 10X as high as winning the same prize at company Y, perhaps they could prioritze sweeping better and make it more enjoyable.

Services like EZSWEEPS are essentially broad web-based automators who affect the odds far more than me. I haven't heard many rail against them - except for the junk mail they issue.

Twizz, it all about the odds. Even without people like me, you have to enter a lot to have decent odds of winning big. I do question how realistic most people, including you think their odds are and what they have to do to have a real chance, over YEARS, to win big. Intellectually, many may realize it, but don't acknowledge it in their feelings and behavior. We are superstitious creatures who make many false associations. This is our nature as I'm sure you know from psychology.

I have no problem as long as people have realistic expectations - that is the only jolt I really intended. Of course, if you get excited and are satisfied with a Twix, keychains, and 20 rolls of Scott Toilet Paper - hey, this hobby's definitely for you! Who doesn't like winning - even if it's junk, especially if they also have a distant hope of the "big prize". I understand that and there's nothing wrong with it.

Finally, I don't need your pity, Twizz. We all live with our childhood until we die but it doesn't have to rule us. Mine was difficult and painful as you have obviously intuited. But I overcame it to have a successful career, family, and many close friends. I can say I am truly happy and have been for over 23 years. We all have demons to one degree or another. Perhaps you can also intuit how I have worked to exorcise mine.

Your pity would be better spent on those addicted to sweeping and the innocent victims of its collateral damage than a middle-aged millionaire. That is, if you could turn it into something more constructive than just pity.

kalisgirl
June 16th, 2003, 4:30pm
See this is killing me now. I bet you have brown hair don't you?

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 4:32pm
Interesting theory. Never thought about myself as sadistic though.

Why do you feel tortured?

Do you think I'm lying to you or telling a truth you don't want to hear? It is very easy to skip my posts, dear.

Go to the winner board if you need a boost. People just like you win every day. Feel better?

Or... maybe you are one of the people I am trying to reach.

suzybeth
June 16th, 2003, 4:38pm
This windbag is so totally getting on my nerves! http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/rolleyes.gif Enough already! We got your point the first 3 novels you wrote!http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/weakestlink.sml.gif

suzybeth
June 16th, 2003, 4:40pm
Originally posted by kalisgirl
See this is killing me now. I bet you have brown hair don't you?

That is too funny! I'm thinking this is a better idea! http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/bondage.sml.gif I know I know I'm mean!

TNrina
June 16th, 2003, 4:51pm
edtarboosh,

That is quite an over extended ego you have there "I did not write to instill fear into people." What you "exude" is far from fear.

Something tells me that you didn't get the response you wanted i.e. the fine sweepers here NOT wanting to purchase your program. Hence you are lashing out at us because you always wished you could at your mother.

This website might help you with some of those skeletons in your closet.

http://www.drphil.com

PKB
June 16th, 2003, 4:52pm
Edtarboosh -- whatever -- I agree with Suzy and others. BLAH BLAH BLAH
Please go somewhere else to BLAH BLAH BLAH. We're all pretty much having a good time here and enjoying our wins big and small -- so, as Vanna says,
"BYE BYE"!

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 4:54pm
Yes, I have brown hair!

We're you the one who always wore rose-scented lipstick and a has a nice rack?

That was a great time we had, until you got sober. Ill never forget you.

kalisgirl
June 16th, 2003, 4:58pm
I still have part of your comic collection! I know you are still collecting but I just can't give up this mint "Cry For Dawn"#3.:)

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 5:04pm
Kalisgirl,

I always thought you were the one who stole my comics. But I forgive you since you always used to let me wear your clothes.

edited by yad

magic9ball
June 16th, 2003, 5:05pm
I try to enter about 5-10 a day of the dailys...I also like the one time entry only ones....

I also think of these sweepstakes like playing a "free lottery". I see people spend lots of money on lotto and scratch tickets and I feel like this is similar with prizes and $$ but doesn't cost me a cent. Any win is a profit! Good luck to all!

hluvs2shop
June 16th, 2003, 5:13pm
Hmmmmm.

You'd think someone who's cornered the prize market almost completely in his favor would use one of those super duper, wonderful, amazingly fabulous prize wins and go on a real trip while on vacation instead of tripping out on the people here.

All the eloquence in the world doesn't excuse the insults you threw at people here. You trash the very essence of some people's lives here by basically saying stay-at-home moms and disabled people are worthless if they spend time sweeping, then you try to turn things around and make those people you insulted feel that they are to blame for their bad feelings, not because you made such nasty comments, but because they see your obsessive, compulsive mother in themselves. Well I'm insulted by your condescending attitude, and I'm not a stay-at-home mother or disabled. I spend less than 30 mins a day three days a week doing sweeps, and most days I can't find the time to even log onto this board. But your nasty remarks have annoyed me to no end because these are GOOD people on this board that you're talking down to. These people feel happy for others when they win, nearly as happy as they feel when they win themselves. They welcome new members with open arms, and offer encouragement and support for anyone who asks for it, whether it's related to sweeping or not.

All the eloquence in the world also won't make 1+2 add up to 2. You say you may share your lottery program, then ponder about whether or not you should sell it and ask if there's any interest. Of course you have every right to sell a program you've written, but sharing and selling are two completely different things.

You wrote this program for your sister because she's having a hard life (which makes me believe you mean she needs extra money), yet you give most of your winnings to charities. You don't need to win, but you'll use every tool available to you to win and then give what you win to charity when the sister you wrote the program for has a hard life? You seek the advice of your lawyer to find out exactly how far you can go without risking jail time so that you can win prizes you don't need and then give them to charity instead of to your needy sister. Right.

And the comment that takes the cake..... "thank God I made a pseudonymn". So, you made up a new member name and trolled in here on it derailing a friendly thread with what you knew would incite people and provoke them. And let's not forget your enlightening comment about how you're "getting off on this in a way you can't explain". I'm not even going to comment on that because I don't want to offend the good people of this board.

But you have annoyed me in a way that people usually don't, so I'm going to say the rest of what's on my mind and then be done with this. I don't think you came in here with the intention of writing a provocative post. I don't even think your ultra special super duper sweepstakes program exists. I think you wrote a lottery program and want to sell it (probably to those who are disabled or out of work at the moment or stay-at-home moms, who we all know can usually use extra money), and when nobody expressed interest in buying it, you went off on the very people you expected to jump at the chance of buying your program. (Afterall, they are worthless and you are offering them a way out, right?) And then I think you decided you'd try a different tact, so you pulled out the dictionary and grammar manual and tried to salvage any effort of selling your program by wrapping up a bunch of fictional stories about a neglectful mother and a needy sister into a very eloquently-written statement which some people may mistake for an apology.

You lost all credibility with me when you started trashing good people with your comtempt. So even if you keep on "getting off" on your eloquent posts which are probably just a prelude to the snake peddler's mantra, just realize you're not fooling everyone.

You were right about one thing though. I can find much more productive and profitable things to do with my time. I'm done with this worthlessness.

My apologies to everyone else for the huge post.

edtarboosh
June 16th, 2003, 6:17pm
Well, well...

Calm down, I don't think I ever insulted anyone, certainly never meant to. But I have been flippant and tactless at times to be provocative, so can understand your frustration. I apologize for that.

I don't want your illogical and angry divination of my motives to obscure the valid messages I think I've made. Believe what you will.

I am thinking about selling my lotto program. I've been honest about that. But it is not high on the agenda. If I was trying to sell it, I certainly would not go about it through the type of posts I've engaged in here. Nor is this the proper forum. I would expect to be cut off by the site administrator if I did so. I already knew the lotto program had potentially significant market potential without posting here.

In fact, I've never sold any of my own software or other inventions (I have 5 patents). I partner with marketing organizations to do that because I'm an inventor, computer scientist and manager of engineers - not a good salesman. If and when I decide this is worth my time, I'll got to Plasmanet, Ascendent media, etc., and negotiate a license. But others will if I don't. Ironically, if I did anything, it is to foster potential competition. Certainly it would not surprise me if someone among you has been following this thread and is considering selling such a program themselves. The intensity of the posts, especially the negative ones, proves there's a market. But I already knew that.

As to your other quips. My sister's hard life has little to do with money but with addiction (not just sweeps). I didn't give her the program to make her rich. I gave it to her so she wouldn't spend 8 hours a day on sweeps while raising 2 kids.

As for my vacation. You know, I like nothing better than a vacation at home with the wife and kids. But if it helps, I am taking a trip to Europe, that I didn't win, next month. I'm not really that materialistic. I live on a small farm worth about $400K and drive a 1998 Toyota. For me, money is freedom, not things.

suzybeth
June 16th, 2003, 6:34pm
another novel, please everyone quit responding to him and just let him be... or we're just gonna have to put up with the same rhetoric :sleep: so please edtarboosh get off your :soapbox: because we are all pretty http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~jamesony/d_setup/sm_puke.gif of your http://www.beermary.com/graphics/smilies/bs.gif and http://www.beermary.com/graphics/smilies/censored.gif posts. Drink a http://www.beermary.com/graphics/smilies/alkie.gif, have a nice long http://www.beermary.com/graphics/smilies/bath.gif, Feed your http://www.beermary.com/graphics/smilies/ewe2.gif (since you live on a farm) and enjoy your vacation if you can

purplebradley
June 16th, 2003, 6:44pm
I totally agree with SuzyBeth!
I wish the moderators would just close this thread.
This guy doesn't belong at OS!

littlebit870
June 16th, 2003, 6:59pm
OK everyone enough is enough everyone is starting to name call and we can't have that so will everyone just let this thread die? Voicing your opinion is fine but please do not attack. I say we all get back to our hobby and chill out ok???? edtarboosh I have no reason to ask you to not post anymore you have not done anything wrong in your post. Everyone is welcome here.