PDA

View Full Version : Ever Get a Tracking Number - The STRESS!

retellingstories
February 7th, 2006, 2:15pm
I recently won the GP in OffthePodium.Com's contest, and they have been fantastic. I was emailed to confirm my address the next day after the drawing, and was emailed the FedEx tracking numbers the same day. Ok, good for most people as a FYI, but I'm like a ADHD kid without meds over here tracking these 2 packages EVERY 5 MINUTES. Tracking info says it is estimated for delivery tomorrow, but as of 8:45 this morning they state they are in my town and on the truck for delivery! Woo-Hoo! Every time I hear a truck or a loud car, I'm jumping up to peek to see if it's FedEx. Now my stress has transfered to the dog, who keeps pacing around the window. I haven't even showered this morning, for fear of missing the driver. I never get FedEx, so I have no idea what time they deliver...the stress, the stress!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

guruwan2b
February 7th, 2006, 2:18pm
Advice: Take your shirt off. They always show up if you are partly naked!!!!

Congrats. Hope somebody shows up soon and gives you some relief..... :nana:

cowboyswife
February 7th, 2006, 2:24pm

Congrats. Hope somebody shows up soon and gives you some relief..... :nana:

True! Hopefully they will be there any minute!

klf113
February 7th, 2006, 2:24pm
Congrats - what did you win?

Hope your prize comes soon!! :cheer7:

retellingstories
February 7th, 2006, 2:27pm
Take my shirt off? Ha! I want him to stop, not run screaming back to the safety of his truck. We ended up winning a ton of Olympic US Team memoribilia, such as books, posters, hockey sticks, Nike clothing, and my personal favorite, the US mens bobsled team louge suit. Oh yeah, the DH can't wait to put that one on and go down the stairs in a cardboard box. Photos coming soon...

tofu
February 7th, 2006, 2:30pm
Too funny! I had a tracking number last week, and I checked the UPS site several times a day. I freaked out when they rescheduled the delivery from Friday to Monday, and then they delivered the darn prize Friday after all! :laugh:

Glad you got the box o' goodies! Good luck to your DH and his stair bobsled race!

BabyLeaps
February 7th, 2006, 2:30pm

and try getting into the shower, too! That's another sure fire winning technique ;)

guruwan2b
February 7th, 2006, 2:31pm
the US mens bobsled team louge suit. Oh yeah, the DH can't wait to put that one on and go down the stairs in a cardboard box. Photos coming soon...

So.... you will be updating us from the emergency room???? :nana:

Mickeyfan
February 7th, 2006, 2:46pm
I can't wait to see the pictures of the stairway bobsled run!!! Congrats on your win.

retellingstories
February 7th, 2006, 3:19pm
I just got the package! Scared the hell out of the driver, too. I heard the sqweeky breaks and almost tripped over the dog flying down the stairs. I have 7 foot fences around my yard, and ran up to the gate just as he opened it. Poor guy probably thought I was going to jump him! He comes out with the box of goodies and the really long, thin box. He goes "wonder what this is?" and I just look at him matter of factly and say "it's a hockey stick." He just looks really confused and nods. (We live in a very, very warm part of California. It's on it's way to 80 today, so I guess a hockey stick is a bit unusual!) As for the louge suit...LOL! I can't wait to see my 6'4 DH squeeze into this thing! I don't know if it would fit the 9 year old! But hey, it is nylon, so maybe it has the same magical streching powers as pantyhose. I promise pictures later tonight! GLTA!

guruwan2b
February 7th, 2006, 3:21pm
Ok, if you really are going to post pics, I HAVE to subscribe to this thread!!!

guruwan2b
February 8th, 2006, 11:28am
Still at the hospital???? :nana:

retellingstories
February 8th, 2006, 12:25pm
Still at the hospital???? :nana:

OMG! If you could have been a fly on the wall last night! So DH gets home and all he wants is to do is try this suit on. So we get upstairs to try the thing on, but for all our power we can't get it on him. I'm pulling, he's tugging, and I am laughing SO HARD I nearly pee myself, but alas, no louge suit for honey. It probably would have worked just fine, but I was a bit worried that he would just tear it. It is custom made, so it wasn't worth the risk. Plus, with a tight nylon suit that has a front zipper, I was also concerned about nipple/chest hair injury. Poor guy! He still liked the other stuff though, and I think he wants to keep the hockey stick. Why, I have no idea, but hey, it's his win too!