PDA

View Full Version : Monthly win help PLEASE!

delphiw
February 6th, 2006, 9:59pm
I just got an e-mail saying I won a monthly for a months mortgage payment. Nice win but they want not only a W-9 signed but a picture, copy of recent mortgage statement and a copy of my drivers license. I can understand some of this becaue of the nature of the prize but I'm nervous. I saw in the notes that a OLSer won this before so it must be legit. Do you think I'm being overly cautious? Has anybody been ask for so much personal stuff?

alisha5024
February 6th, 2006, 10:01pm
Did you register to win a mortage payment?

sha467
February 6th, 2006, 10:08pm
They probably need some way of verifying you own the property.
Great win. :)

danimari
February 6th, 2006, 10:13pm
since you won a mortgage payment, the need a copy of the statement to give you the prize. They probably need the driver's license to make sure that you are who you say you are and the picture to post on their site. I bet it states in the rules that they can use your name, likeness, etc for promotion. i wouldn't worry too much about it. But if it does worry you that much, you could always decline the prize.

Good luck and congrats!

Susan
February 6th, 2006, 10:17pm
I just got an e-mail saying I won a monthly for a months mortgage payment. Nice win but they want not only a W-9 signed but a picture, copy of recent mortgage statement and a copy of my drivers license. I can understand some of this becaue of the nature of the prize but I'm nervous. I saw in the notes that a OLSer won this before so it must be legit. Do you think I'm being overly cautious? Has anybody been ask for so much personal stuff?

If it's something you entered for, then you need to provide them with the info in order to get the prize.

If it was an (unsolicited) e-mail that you replied to, then it's a scam.

What is the name of the sweep?

retellingstories
February 6th, 2006, 10:29pm
I actually saw this prize today while adding monthiies to MY SWEEPS. If you're nervous, ask for a business name and phone number, a contact name and do some reasearch. Make sure the company is legit, and call them back at the advertised phone number. If everything looks good, nice win!

taterbug
February 6th, 2006, 10:34pm
I remember a sweep for the mortgage payment. It sounds legit to me. I copied this from the rules of an on-going sweeps. I think this is the one that contacted you.

Quote:
The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release along with a copy of his her mortgage coupon or statement in order to claim his/her prize.

RockysJewel
February 6th, 2006, 10:44pm
it is legite i remember entering it. Those arent things that would make me uncomfortable in sending. I would just cover my account number

delphiw
February 6th, 2006, 10:47pm
It's the Myers Motgage in the monthly,s. Yes, I entered it. I think I'll just chill out and enjoy it. You're all great and thanks for the help.

pambanter
February 6th, 2006, 10:59pm
When you win, and accept, you agree to let them use your likeness for publicity purposes. The id and ss number is just for tax purposes, the statement so they can pay it, and the picture for publicity.

tupik3702
February 6th, 2006, 11:22pm
:supstar: I always verify! :supstar:

remo28
February 6th, 2006, 11:53pm
I won a different mortgage sweeps before and I submitted all the same things, except for the copy of the DL. They want to know what your monthly mortgage payment is (so they know you aren't inflating it for some extra money). Of course your name has to be on the mortgage, which is probably why they want the DL. Then chances are the pic is to put on their winners page. Even if they have your mortgage account number, they can't do a whole lot with it. If you entered the sweep and are unsure I'd call and talk to them, clear up any concerns. Then enjoy your win.

Mom2myboys
February 6th, 2006, 11:58pm
That's a very useful win! How cool! :cool2:

Marada
February 7th, 2006, 12:56am
Sounds like a great win, keep us updated on whether/how you decide to claim it! :cheer7: