PDA

View Full Version : Question for Trip Winners....

rattakat7
February 5th, 2006, 7:18pm
My trip to the Grammy Awards is in two days and I was just wondering.....
how many of you that have won trips got a gift basket in your room at check-in?
My first trip win I didn't get one, but the only contact I had with the sponser was a five minute chat in the lobby of the hotel. For the rest of the time I was just left to my own devices.
Thanks,

dawnem
February 5th, 2006, 7:25pm
No gift basket for either trip. Would be nice though I like the "give me my airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc and I'll do what I want" kind of trips. Do you prefer the event kind of trips more? :drip:

webwalking1
February 5th, 2006, 7:26pm
Don't know, will find out on the 24 th. :jump:
Have fun at the Grammys.... what a nice win!

teechbiz
February 5th, 2006, 7:26pm
most every time i've won a trip i've been left to my own devices. no basket, no hello, no crad nothing. that's ok i did just fine on their dime.

enjoy the trip. I always have. sweeping has given me opportunities to go places i never would have imagined going and doing things i never could have imagined doing. in the scheme of things a gift basket might be nice but a trip is wonderful

luckylady1744
February 5th, 2006, 7:35pm
Mom got one in her room when she won the Tommy Hilfiger Airship trip, but when I won a local raffle for a trip to Vegas it was all on our own. Guess it just depends on the sponsors of the giveaway.
Have a good time and congrats! :gvibes: :jet: :gvibes:

texas2step
February 5th, 2006, 7:43pm
I won a trip to Las Vegas which included a private party at the NYNY. We were given gift bags at the party.

rattakat7
February 5th, 2006, 7:59pm
I had a great time on the first trip, we did fine by ourselves. This will be my first trip where they have sent me a full itenerary Dawnem, so I'll have to let you know when I get back. And there is something in the itenerary about picking up gift bag, but I figure that is for your Grammy tickets and shuttle passes cause everyone gets one of those. Just think it would be cool to walk into my hotel with a big basket of Heiney and fruit and nuts... or whatever!
:smile9:

carcon
February 5th, 2006, 8:06pm
The trips I won - no sponsors, no gifts, pretty much left to our own devices the whole time.

pattipick
February 5th, 2006, 8:08pm
I won a trip to the Daytona 500 and the sponser said he would meet us downstairs with some goodies so we'll see...

pambanter
February 5th, 2006, 8:08pm
Major gift basket, but not exactly a basket. Checked in at the sponsor's desk, got 400 cash, some flippers, mask, towel, etc.

floridamom1990
February 5th, 2006, 8:11pm
Only went on one trip, but Tuesday of that week was spent with the AOL people and Montgomery Gentry and the rest of the time Jimmy and I were on our own. However, the employees at the Ameritania in Manhattan were fabulous. They gave us advice on what to see, where to go, etc. Even held our bags the last day so we could sightsee before our flight. There was no welcome basket in the room, but we didn't care one bit.

scubagirl
February 5th, 2006, 8:13pm
Every trip I've won we were left on our own - no baskets, no nothing. But we love to travel and we prefer being left alone.

Embee
February 5th, 2006, 8:14pm
But I would like to add the both had an itinerary involved, with some free time. I liked that. But both were only 2 nights. Very short. Enjoyed them both.

Inkyskeeper
February 5th, 2006, 8:15pm
My trip to the Grammy Awards is in two days and I was just wondering.....
how many of you that have won trips got a gift basket in your room at check-in?
My first trip win I didn't get one, but the only contact I had with the sponser was a five minute chat in the lobby of the hotel. For the rest of the time I was just left to my own devices.
Thanks,

trip to hollywood they did send some stuff but they gave it to me downstairs when i first got there with my friend..was a bunch of nice things :gvibes:

StampinSweeper
February 5th, 2006, 8:18pm
No gift basket, but it was an incredible trip.

DorBlack
February 5th, 2006, 8:31pm
Clos Du Bois and Sunset Magazine were totally awesome. Even though the won trip was only two days, it was packed with fun stuff and we got a beautiful gift basket from the winery worth we think around $200 and a bunch of small stuff from Sunset.

We got to extend the trip to San Fran and they even dropped us off at our hotel there instead of the airport. Have nothing but good to say about them! Our only additional cost was the one night at the RAdisson, the shuttle to the airport and food of course.

I REALLY want to win ANOTHER trip! Being greedy.............. :halo:

gcomstock
February 5th, 2006, 8:39pm
Buncha trip wins here, many great memories...but never a surprise gift basket (yet). Keep your expectations low, and it's easy to be delighted!

cinder
February 5th, 2006, 8:46pm
No gift basket here, but the hotel surprised us and upgraded us to a suite. That was nice!

mariebow
February 5th, 2006, 8:48pm
When we went to the VMA's this summer they had us a gift basket in the room, we stayed. :cheer7:

redskins moose
February 5th, 2006, 9:04pm
I've won two trips :jet: but haven't gotten a gift basket in the room.

The National Geographic Peru :jet: trip was the trip of a lifetime so I really don't think a gift basket would have made any difference!

floridamom1990
February 5th, 2006, 9:04pm
Clos Du Bois and Sunset Magazine were totally awesome. Even though the won trip was only two days, it was packed with fun stuff and we got a beautiful gift basket from the winery worth we think around $200 and a bunch of small stuff from Sunset.

We got to extend the trip to San Fran and they even dropped us off at our hotel there instead of the airport. Have nothing but good to say about them! Our only additional cost was the one night at the RAdisson, the shuttle to the airport and food of course.

I REALLY want to win ANOTHER trip! Being greedy.............. :halo:

Wow, if Clos Du Bois ever gave me a gift basket, that would be the bomb!! That is some fantastic wine.

rattakat7
February 5th, 2006, 9:20pm
My trip fun is not dependent on a gift basket. I was just curious. Last trip we were left alone and we got to meet Paul Walker, Jessica Alba, Diane Lane, Josh Brolin, Scot Caan and Matthew Davis... and we were only in LA one night! This time we have two nights and we already got tickets for a show at The Viper Room along with a party the night we get there, The Grammys and the official afterparty. Just thought a gift basket would be nice... but totally not necessary!
Hugs,

kymmer
February 5th, 2006, 9:25pm
Miller sent a gift bag and some cold beers to the room, Canadian Club gave us a tote bag filled with a fleece shirt, t-shirt, signed Chris Moneymaker book, and mailed a texas hold 'em game to the house (rather than make us carry it home) Verizon's Kanye West rep left us a message at the front desk with her number.

gcomstock
February 5th, 2006, 9:40pm
PS- despite what the rules usually state, I've gotten frequent flyer miles and hotel points for every prize trip I've taken.