PDA

View Full Version : Which browser works best with the most contests

sweepyhead
February 5th, 2006, 3:15pm
I think it's weird that so many contests have trouble using Safari and Firefox and work with IE even though IE is becoming an outdated browser. I use a Mac and often have to switch over to IE to enter things even though this site doesn't display correctly using IE.

Which browser do you find works best over all?

Sweepy:sleep2:

mrbike
February 5th, 2006, 3:23pm
I only use Safari. If the site won't let me in, I just go on to the next one as I don't have enough time to enter all the contests that I want to...I'm on dialup connection :frown3: and can't afford anything faster. :worry:

its_inevitable
February 5th, 2006, 4:47pm
IE. I have tried to go with FireFox twice and ended up coming back to IE.

nekineki
February 5th, 2006, 4:59pm
IE
never had a problem

brianpiero
February 5th, 2006, 5:08pm
I've been slogging through using Netscape 6.2.3 & IE 5.1 for Mac on an "ancient" circa 1999 iMac; been able to enter 99.99% of the sweeps I want to, but there are a few that I have to enter at work on a pc (perhaps one or two every six months).

You know what they say: "Once you go Mac..."
I will be buying a new Mac laptop this spring !!!

chancebunny
February 5th, 2006, 5:12pm
I've never used anything other than IE, but I hear a lot of good things about Firefox.

fuzzdolly
February 5th, 2006, 5:12pm
I love MSN explorer - had to use it when my IE "crapped out" for a while. I never went back, even after IE was restored!

aevalone
February 5th, 2006, 5:14pm
I use Firefox with the IE tab addon.

If you find a contest that doesn't work in Firefox, just right click the link and select "Open in IE tab". Saves the trouble of using 2 different browsers.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1419&application=firefox

bigskwinner
February 5th, 2006, 5:16pm
IE and when things dont work i go to nutscrape

tofu
February 5th, 2006, 5:19pm
IE works best on PC types, but I use Forefox anyhow - I just code any MySweeps that need to be entered using IE instead (by putting a 7 before the sweep count number).

On my Mac, it really is a toss-up between IE and Safari, since the Mac version of IE is old and sucky. Some work only in IE, some work only in Safari, and some don't work in either!

fullhart
February 5th, 2006, 5:21pm
Firefox has a plug-in that allows you to tab open a page in IE.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1419&application=firefox