PDA

View Full Version : Funniest/most Bizarre Win?

retellingstories
February 5th, 2006, 1:08pm
Sometimes it seems I enter the strangest sweeps. Anyone remember the "Win an Alpaca" contest? Just wondering what the strangest/funniest/bizzare win OLS'ers have received. What did you do with it?

jeepers
February 5th, 2006, 1:15pm
I won a package of alternative feminine care products.
I've won over 10 vibrators and $100 certificate to get more adult toys... :smile9: :laugh:
Ummmm, I'm not really sure if you wanna know what I did with any of it...

I'm the queen of weird prizes :royal:

retellingstories
February 5th, 2006, 1:18pm
LOL! 10 Vibrators! Please tell me that was ONE contest! How funny!

KRSchulze
February 5th, 2006, 1:20pm
What are alternative feminine care products?

jeepers
February 5th, 2006, 1:25pm
What are alternative feminine care products?
I just went back to find what I wrote. Here it is...LOL
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190600

jeepers
February 5th, 2006, 1:25pm
No, actually, I just win them from all different places...haha

retellingstories
February 5th, 2006, 1:26pm
I just went back to find what I wrote. Here it is...LOL
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190600

Glad Rags is the company name...Lol! Hey, if it saves you a trip to the store, more power to you. I'm probably the only twenty something that is looking forward to menopause.

mynxdog
February 5th, 2006, 1:40pm
Won a "mystery box" from Needcoffee.com. Along with all the various goodies was a little baggie with dryer lint. I still laugh every time I think about it.

retellingstories
February 5th, 2006, 1:43pm
Um, was the dryer lint part of the prize? How weird...Unless of course, it was a celebrity's dryer lint. Then that may be a prize all on its own.

mynxdog
February 5th, 2006, 1:55pm
Um, was the dryer lint part of the prize? How weird...Unless of course, it was a celebrity's dryer lint. Then that may be a prize all on its own.

Yeah, it was intentional...the bag was labeled. I love the sense of humor those guys at Needcoffe.com have. Check them out...they might be your cup of tea (or coffee) too.
:smile9:

Gmaw
February 5th, 2006, 4:59pm
I would think that the 'intestinal cleaner' from another thread would be considered pretty strange! :laugh:

porkyloo
February 5th, 2006, 5:10pm
I won a prize pack of 50 different condoms. All different kinds. They came in a little red string bag. Very cute!

luvey
February 5th, 2006, 5:11pm
I won a picture of me as a decal which was put onto one of Richard Petty's race cars which raced this past October. They sent me a poster (autographed by Richard Pettery) of the cars which were covered with fans photographs, you could see my picture on the front bumper area. I had my hubby put the poster away in storage. I figured some day my son can look back and say "look my mom's face was on Richard Petty's car"! It was an odd win, but kinda neat.

bigskwinner
February 5th, 2006, 5:13pm
the cardboard covers of a paperbook that was to come out and sent all the way to canada from austraila
we laughed for quite a while over that one
no book or story or anything like that
just the cover of a paper backbook

Mossie
February 5th, 2006, 5:21pm
About 15 year ago, before sweepstakes on line, I won mud flaps for my son. He called
me and wanted to know what he was supposed to do with them. I said I guess they go
on the back of your car. He said mom they go on the back of an 18 Wheeler. We still
laugh about that. I told him to take them to a truck stop and give them away. I have
since learned to read more closely the prize descriptions.

myst978
February 5th, 2006, 5:25pm
I would say the Colon blow...I mean cleanser..I won the other day *lmao* I really need to re-read the things I enter *lmao*

bigskwinner
February 5th, 2006, 6:10pm
someone in my yahoo group once won pimp juice
i hope it was a drink but never did get the 411 on that

Vicky
February 5th, 2006, 6:11pm
It's still the hairy arm pit for me, or was that a freebie?

zoehunter
February 5th, 2006, 6:30pm
a years supply of olives
a years supply of sausages
and a whole bunch of q tips...lol :supstar:

susan1215
February 5th, 2006, 6:34pm
I won an Autoloc Flame Thrower. Does anyone know what that is? I didn't and had to go online to find out it. It is something people put on their car exhaust so when you rev it up flames come out the back. Since I drive a minivan and I didn't think I would be using the Autoloc on my car and have flames shoot out. I sold it on Ebay. I'm sure I entered a sweep that had other prizes than that because I wouldn't have entered it that was the only prize.

I have also won a few book cover flats and I won some condom and oils and such but I needed to have the form notorized but I would have been too embarrassed to go to my bank and have the notory read the prize I won or ask me what I won ( as they sometimes do) so I declined it.

DeniseL
February 5th, 2006, 6:37pm
I won miracle soap. They say that it's not intended as a cure for many illnesses, but they do include a brochure of testimonials from people claiming that it cured all kinds of diseases. Pretty good soap though, smells like Dawn dishwashing soap- and that's what I used it for.

Ejo2004
February 5th, 2006, 6:39pm
That is really funny about the flame thrower. :laugh:

katnscott
February 5th, 2006, 6:43pm
Yes it was from a Nascar race, but who knows which one. Probably cost a fortune to mail. I gave it as a white elephant gift exchange. It was actually stolen a couple of times during the exchange.

island_sweeper
February 5th, 2006, 7:04pm
I won an Autoloc Flame Thrower. Does anyone know what that is? I didn't and had to go online to find out it. It is something people put on their car exhaust so when you rev it up flames come out the back. Since I drive a minivan and I didn't think I would be using the Autoloc on my car and have flames shoot out. I sold it on Ebay. I'm sure I entered a sweep that had other prizes than that because I wouldn't have entered it that was the only prize.

I have also won a few book cover flats and I won some condom and oils and such but I needed to have the form notorized but I would have been too embarrassed to go to my bank and have the notory read the prize I won or ask me what I won ( as they sometimes do) so I declined it.
Still laughing!!!!!!!!! :rofl3:

lauramich68
February 5th, 2006, 7:19pm
I won a mailbox post.

dawnem
February 5th, 2006, 7:29pm
My strangest was the autographed size 12 athletic shoe (just one). :drip:

valcal
February 5th, 2006, 7:35pm
I won a package of alternative feminine care products.
I've won over 10 vibrators and $100 certificate to get more adult toys... :smile9: :laugh:
Ummmm, I'm not really sure if you wanna know what I did with any of it...

I'm the queen of weird prizes :royal:

You can never have enough vibrators!!!!! :smile9:

lazybonesd
February 5th, 2006, 7:37pm
Two generic pregnancy tests that were both expired!

retellingstories
February 5th, 2006, 7:57pm
About 15 year ago, before sweepstakes on line, I won mud flaps for my son. He called
me and wanted to know what he was supposed to do with them. I said I guess they go
on the back of your car. He said mom they go on the back of an 18 Wheeler. We still
laugh about that. I told him to take them to a truck stop and give them away. I have
since learned to read more closely the prize descriptions.

But you have to love it now!

rdhill007
February 5th, 2006, 8:40pm
Toilet Seat.

modpenmod
February 5th, 2006, 8:56pm
Last month I won something called "JIGGLE GEL, the body gel that's fab on flab!"

It comes in a tube with pin-up type girls from the forties on the front. Down near the bottom it also reads "with.....INVISI-GIRDLE TECHNOLOGY", around a photo of a girdle.

Very cute! I haven't tried it yet but Lord knows that I need this stuff :smile9: !!!!!

mynxdog
February 5th, 2006, 9:13pm
Toilet Seat.

Ya never know when that could come in handy! :smile9:

djr58
February 5th, 2006, 9:30pm
It's still the hairy arm pit for me, or was that a freebie?

Oh yeah! The armpit!
I remember when I first opened it, I was afraid to guess what body part it was
supposed to be. :laugh:

mynxdog
February 5th, 2006, 9:49pm
Oh yeah! The armpit!

OK...you got me...what sweep was THAT?????

terrismiles
February 6th, 2006, 12:17am
I too, won the colon cleaner-outter Oxy stuff. I entered because I was thinking Oxy Powder you put in the laundry.

I guess I should read the find print more often. But Hey! If I ever get constipated this might come in real handy! LOL :laugh:

triple*eee
February 6th, 2006, 10:26am
someone in my yahoo group once won pimp juice
i hope it was a drink but never did get the 411 on that

Yeah Pimp juice is a drink LOL.

retellingstories
February 6th, 2006, 7:17pm
Oh yeah! The armpit!

It seems like a few people won the armpit? Alright, I give, what was it????

pmpknbby
February 6th, 2006, 8:17pm
It seems like a few people won the armpit? Alright, I give, what was it????
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/xmsbby/b2ef4914.jpg

ladybug3303
February 6th, 2006, 8:24pm
Used race car tire.

ljs39
February 6th, 2006, 8:42pm
:laugh: These are very funny! I won a poster of a sparkplug a while back. It may have been a freebie, I cannot remember.
_______
Lori :)

micaela6955
February 6th, 2006, 8:46pm
there was a skill contest for some women's site, not X rated mind you, but I had to write about a fantasy I had (again, not completely x rated but it did involve Antonio Banderas :smile9: ) I figured I'd try my luck at skill sweeps, so entered on a whim.

Got the email and the prize followed about a few weeks later...a black feather boa, long black gloves and a video teaching me how to strip for my husband or signifcant other... dh hasn't complained about my sweeping since! :laugh:

Michele in Maine...

Snerd2123
February 6th, 2006, 8:47pm
Just since January I have had about 9 wins--the Samsung Grand Prize Home Theater System--great win, not at all wierd and a King Kong Movie poster, Philosophy Gingerbread Bubble Bath and some large Tyco Blocks from Langers Juice, than the odd ones......a big bottle of baby oil, vaseline anti wrinkle cream, veggie tales cd, happy elf dvd--these are not really wierd(just came same day and seemed odd wins for me, I gave them to friend at work who has young ones) than this great book-I love to read---BUT, it was written in Spanish....gave that to a busboy at my Mothers restaurant to give his Mother...I guess these are not wierd--just not useful to me, but wins are still fun and I enjoy giving them to people who really appreciate them. . Last year had an Interpunk win from a girl punk rock group that included a pair of bikini thong underwear (new of course) used would have been reallllyyyy weird...but they would fit a Barbie Doll!! They can send as many bottles of baby oil, bags of lint and undies as they want as long as each group of wins comes with a t.v. or home theater system or vacation.....lol.....good luck to all on NEW WINS!!

retellingstories
February 6th, 2006, 8:54pm
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/xmsbby/b2ef4914.jpg

OMG! That armpit thing is totally disgusting! LMFAO! So gross! Is that a keychain, and if so, did anyone actually use it? I can't stop laughing! Are we completely sure that is supposed to be an armpit!

Donald Robertson
February 6th, 2006, 9:22pm
I won a can of vaporize. It causes dog doo to dislove into fresh air. It was a movie prop.