PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Emails from cletic glass that contain a virus!!

msbabedoll
February 3rd, 2006, 7:36pm
I just recieved an email from celtic glass and I do remember entering a sweep of theirs. The email contained a virus!! The subject of the email was called February Prices. WATCH out for this!!!

BLT
February 3rd, 2006, 9:36pm
I got one too!! Just deleted it.

Wood Violet
February 3rd, 2006, 9:44pm
Got one too...deleted it also. A lot of us may get this e-mail. Thanks for the heads up.

my5kids
February 3rd, 2006, 9:53pm
I just deleted one also! I don't remember the "title" of the mail, but for some reason it actually said SPAM MAIL 2. That's why I deleted it. Thank goodness!! :gvibes:

medictom
February 3rd, 2006, 9:57pm
Deleted as well.

msbabedoll
February 3rd, 2006, 9:59pm
I just deleted one also! I don't remember the "title" of the mail, but for some reason it actually said SPAM MAIL 2. That's why I deleted it. Thank goodness!! :gvibes:

Yeah mine said spam mail also. I ran a virus scan on it and it showed the virus.....beware!!!

kbrett10567
February 3rd, 2006, 10:00pm
I got it too. For the first time it didn't come in my bulk mail. I just deleted it. Thank you for the information. It just didn't look right.

luckydolphin
February 3rd, 2006, 10:03pm
What should you do if you clicked on it?

tofu
February 3rd, 2006, 10:06pm
Just deleted that e-mail myself - looked suspicious!

msbabedoll
February 3rd, 2006, 10:07pm
What should you do if you clicked on it?

Do you have a virus protection program? Might want to run it. I am not sure really what to do. YOu can download a free virus protection program that is really good and just search for antivir and download that....its good and its free.

luckydolphin
February 3rd, 2006, 10:09pm
I think my cable internet has a virus protector built in? Nothing is wrong with my computer. If I had a virus would I know it? Thanks for your help.

msbabedoll
February 3rd, 2006, 10:12pm
I think my cable internet has a virus protector built in? Nothing is wrong with my computer. If I had a virus would I know it? Thanks for your help.

Well if you have a virus protector you should. If not I would download one and run it just to be sure.

Debberly
February 3rd, 2006, 10:13pm
Wow, just deleted that. I was about to open it but decided I didn't care what it said.

msbabedoll
February 4th, 2006, 7:46am
bump

Mom2myboys
February 4th, 2006, 11:22am
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:20:48 +1000
To: "celticglass List Member" <erica_scranta@yahoo.com>
From: "Bgallagher" <bgallagher@supanet.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: [celticglass] [SPAM : 5.0] price

February price

Attachments Attachment scanning provided by: Norton

Files:

21_price.zip (21k)
````````````````````````````````````````````````
File name: 21_price.zip
File size: 21kb
File type: application/octet-stream
Scan result: Virus "W32.Beagle.DL@mm" found.
The file attached to this message was infected with a virus that we were unable to clean. You can not download this attachment.

Boosbear
February 4th, 2006, 11:38am
Thanks for the heads up.

Moonstoney
February 4th, 2006, 6:00pm
I got one yesterday...just now saw this thread! I didn't open the attachment but yahoo did a check on it and said it couldn't be cleaned! I reported it as spam and wrote them a ahem..very not so nice email. They sent me one saying You have been unsubscribed. So what is up with that?

luckydolphin
February 5th, 2006, 1:17pm
Well if you have a virus protector you should. If not I would download one and run it just to be sure.

I put Norton on, ran it, and everything was fine. Thanks for your help.

KRSchulze
February 5th, 2006, 1:22pm
Thank you for the heads up!