PDA

View Full Version : what does janky mean?

Joyful_Sweeps
February 3rd, 2006, 2:55am
what does janky mean? do i wanna know?

RockysJewel
February 3rd, 2006, 3:13am
just means YOU LOSE !! heheh inky means winner

Mendacious Moose
February 3rd, 2006, 3:19am
janky = bad

inky = good

delilya
February 3rd, 2006, 3:55am
where are janky and inky? I see references to it in the notes but have no idea what or where it is. thank you

Joyful_Sweeps
February 3rd, 2006, 4:00am
weird. i wonder if they are a new talk? or have people always used them? thanks for clearing that up for me. :gvibes:

TrinaWants2Win
February 3rd, 2006, 4:14am
was wondering same

leonardo
February 3rd, 2006, 4:58am
:frown3: sweepstakes version of a Whammy,either way ya lose

MoonMaiden
February 3rd, 2006, 7:16am
Thanks for the definitions! I see those terms here and there and have been wondering myself. I'll probably forget though - unless I use them :laugh:

ROSIE203
February 3rd, 2006, 7:39am
where are janky and inky? I see references to it in the notes but have no idea what or where it is. thank you
those words come up on lot of eprize sweeps
if you see inky it equals you won something
if you see janky in your browser means you lost

Tesla
February 3rd, 2006, 7:43am
When playing an instant and when you hit submit you'll see in your browser status bar something like:

palm.eprize.net/palmprizes/index.tbapp?page=instant_janky&email=blahblah@gmail.com&session_id=02e5fbz6
- Loser

or

palm.eprize.net/palmprizes/index.tbapp?page=instant_inky&email=blahblah@gmail.com&session_id=02e5fbz6
- Winner

delilya
February 3rd, 2006, 9:19am
Thanks for the information

luckysarah
February 3rd, 2006, 9:43am
When playing an instant and when you hit submit you'll see in your browser status bar something like:

palm.eprize.net/palmprizes/index.tbapp?page=instant_janky&email=blahblah@gmail.com&session_id=02e5fbz6
- Loser

or

palm.eprize.net/palmprizes/index.tbapp?page=instant_inky&email=blahblah@gmail.com&session_id=02e5fbz6
- Winner

Also on the instants that have Flash or a game and it says if you don't have Flash "Click here".
If you want to skip playing the game or just see if you won, you can hover your mouse over the link that says "Click here" and you'll see janky or inky.

I barely ever play the games, I just click on the link once I submit my info. Most of the instants have this, but not all.

polsky41
February 3rd, 2006, 9:47am
You find it either on your status bar at the bottom of the page when you put mouse on the can't see game!! Or at the topin the address url after you enter the sweep!! Usually only on Eprize instants!!

Inky WINNER!!!!
Janky loser

littlelulu
February 3rd, 2006, 10:41am
Janky = me :frown3:

tofu
February 3rd, 2006, 12:00pm
"Inky" and "Janky" are code words developed for "win" and "lose" by some techie type at ePrize with too much caffeine and free time. :laugh:

gcomstock
February 3rd, 2006, 12:31pm
Careful what you say...your posts might end up in some online slang dictionary. :laugh:

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/janky/
Janky

adj. inferior, bad, weird. Also jinky, jainky, jankie, jankey.
Categories: English United States. Slang
Editorial Note: The connection between janky and jinky is uncertain, but as their usage seems interchangeable, I am defining them as a single term.

Citations:
1993 Usenet: soc.culture.iranian (Apr. 19) “Leave My Login Alone!”: You undrestand what I am saying? Stupid and your shers are very janky, just like you.
1994 Usenet: soc.penpals (Apr. 10) “4 All U Guys out there”: For those of you who get off on posting weird or Jinky letters go ahead do It.
1995 [ebattle822@aol.com (EBattle822)] Usenet: rec.games.miniatures (Feb. 2) “Re: GW: Paints”: Yep, wade in amongst the tired looking housewives wearing those janky looking jumpsuits buying neat little craft crap for christmas presents.
1995 [schwarze.ccomail@starbase1.caltech.edu (Erich Schwarz)] Usenet: alt.society.generation-x (Feb. 4) “Re: Repubs 0, Demos 0—EVERYBODY gets a big fat zero…”: When society gets really jinky about some stupid “claim,” I think it is entirely proper for individuals to kick society in the pants rather than give in.
1996 [Kasper (kasper@yomama'shouse.com)] Usenet: alt.rap (Apr. 16) “Re: White Rappers”: Jankie has two meanings. In most areas, jankie means flawed, bad, “booty” as you put it. : ) In Southern Cali, it does mean dope.
1997 [gunnm@eskimo.com (Colleen Morgan)] Usenet: alt.fan.tank-girl (Mar. 6) “Re: TG look… what do YOU do?”: I posted a note that was witty and cute and informative in response to this posting. However, it got lost when my fucking server went jinky.
1997 [Raver Efreet (rtreat@sprintmail.com)] Usenet: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (Aug. 2) “Re: Whatever happened to the Slang Dictionary”: I believed it got 187ed when john tried to get al fruity-assed with weedwhacker. Kinda jankey if you ask me.
1997 [W. Gary Martin (wgary@ibm.net)] Usenet: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (Sept. 10) “Re: Reseating Stylus in PalmPro turns it off”: I got this yesterday, I thought it was just me. Except that the screen went all jinky and I had to do a soft reset. Very strange. 2000 Cintra Wilson A Massive Swelling (July 13) p. 101: Twenty-eight girls, most of whom were nervous and janky and fell down once or twice, slunk off to joylessly watch their bad numbers roll up on the screen.
2000 William Shaw Westside: Young Men and Hip Hop in L.A. (Apr. 12) p. 322: “That janky-ass bitch?” Janky is Rah’s favorite word these days. Anything below par is janky.
2003 Bill Fitzhugh Heart Seizure (Mar. 4) p. 217: That janky-ass camo boy got some shit on the side of my ride?
2003 Jen Loy Kitchen Sink (Oakland, Calif.) (Oct. 31) “There Goes the Neighborhood” vol. 2, no. 1, p. 72: The two artists wear white, “janky-ass Tyvek” painter’s suits; they move quickly, transferring wooden panels and cement legs to the curb beneath the AC Transit sign. Within minutes, they are assembling the bench.
2003 [Zachary James] The Mofluff Confessional (Dec. 16) “To His Coy Mistress”: Nine more of these jainky little definitions and I’m home free.