PDA

View Full Version : Whom would you hire . . .

drb9
February 2nd, 2006, 5:33pm
If you've set up an internet business, and you want to run a sweepstakes to give away a prize and generate traffic to your site, do you need to hire a company to administer it? It seems there are lots of rules, state by state, ranging from not requiring a purchase, to allowing mail-in entries. Plus, if you get thousands of entries, it seems that a professional sweepstakes firm could better handle the data part of this. So, does anyone know of a sweepstakes management company that would handle this, at reasonable cost, to a start-up website? Do you have any idea what a company like this charges? Or, is it possible to handle something like this on your own?

stan1162
February 2nd, 2006, 6:24pm
I bet you could hire sombody, you could probably buy a "package" or do it "in-house". The ones run in-house seem to me the most unorganized. Servers down, convoluted rules, but thats just my opinion...I bet having a marketing company do it isnt cheap, but who knows...

SharDan01
February 2nd, 2006, 10:17pm
You could always check with ePrize. I think they do all kinds of clients and have everything pretty itemized so you can pay for what you want. For example, if you wanted to do the fulfillment, then you don't pay for that part. I would recommend getting a company to do it as you don't want any legal trouble. We have an attorney on staff at our company and all he does is sweepstakes and then we have another department and all they do is fulfillment. If you are a small company, I would think you would want a company that specializes in sweepstakes running it for you, especially for your first one. You may learn how to do it yourself after watching the company. IMHO.

bigskwinner
February 2nd, 2006, 10:43pm
prob need a lawyer too if its a big prize cus you would want to make sure the rules and reg where written well and could not be interpreted wrong

in canada the gov has specific rules and regulations , and we are required to do a STQ

drb9
February 2nd, 2006, 11:06pm
It's not a big prize, maybe worth $100-150. We're just starting out, and wondered if we could get added interest and exposure this way. I'll check with eprize. If they charge ten times what the prize is worth, we won't do it. But, thanks for the tips.

CathyVeester
February 2nd, 2006, 11:54pm
You could do it in house with software like you can buy from sweeps2win:
http://sweeps2win.com/software/index.php

It's inexpensive and a nice product.

However ... if yours is more than a simple small prize sweepstakes ... be careful.

You really do need to know your State laws pertaining to sweepstakes.

Best to use a company like EPrize (for internet promotions) www.eprize.com or DL Blair www.dlblair.com.

They know the ins and outs of running a sweepstakes and will keep you from having big problems.

They will help you with designing your promotion and even can provide you with protection/insurance in case someone sues over the promo.

GL

:fairy3: