PDA

View Full Version : if you move how can you

deckit
February 1st, 2006, 4:29pm
i know this has been posted before and i cant find it, but , if you move can you tell fed ex and ups that you moved? how does this happen? or do you just have to start over again.

plainoledad
February 1st, 2006, 4:41pm
I'm having the same concerns. We moved a couple weeks ago and went by the house today and there were a few delivery slips on the door from UPS. Yikes! Now I will have to drive by the old house every day!

OoODaisyMaeOoO
February 1st, 2006, 4:44pm
I'm almost possitive you can have your deliveries forwarded...Have you called UPS/USPS/Fed-Ex?

Katmagick
February 1st, 2006, 5:03pm
I called UPS and FedEx when I was moving and was told that they don't forward. I'm in PA so I don't know if other states are the same.
I have a daily pick up UPS account for my business so I was stunned that they wouldn't accept a forwarding address. Then, after I had moved, UPS called me a couple times with packages that were addressed to my previous residence and asked about sending them to me at my new address. I don't know if its because I had an account or what.
FedEx said that the only thing I could do was fill out a "signature required form" so nothing would be left at my old address but they wouldn't forward it,like duh. I did the signature form anyway and within a week FedEx had left a package at my old address which my realtor found and sent to me!
Its totally screwed up if you ask me.
I would suggest you contact all the places like ePrize and such and change your address with them. I did that and ePrize did send one of prizes that I won at the old address to me at the new one. I know you can't do that with everyone but I did it with every place I could think of.Check the contest sites you frequent, a lot have instructions on changing your address with them.
I also gave all my info to the new owners of my old house and they are still sending me stuff that gets delivered there! Even mail which I have a forward on.
Moving sucks for a lot of reasons, but its the worst for us sweepers. :worry:

plainoledad
February 1st, 2006, 5:06pm
Thanks for the info. That is kinda what I thought. There isn't much we can do.

bcaps10
February 1st, 2006, 5:18pm
That's why you can't move once you start sweeping! :laugh:

deckit
February 1st, 2006, 5:32pm
That's why you can't move once you start sweeping! :laugh:
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I CANT BE STUCK HERE IN THIS HELL HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

caseycupcake
February 1st, 2006, 5:32pm
Fedex will forward an item, but they must be contacted by the sender--not the recipient.

littlelulu
February 1st, 2006, 5:33pm
That's just plain old stupid. Someone needs to change that :mad2:

bcaps10
February 1st, 2006, 8:10pm
That's just plain old stupid. Someone needs to change that :mad2:

You are probably just the person to start the uprising. Go ahead I will sign, scream on t.v. or whatever you plan to do to get this changed! I want to be able to move also! :laugh:

Cara