PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Robo question again....

wickedjen1960
January 31st, 2006, 12:39am
For the most part I have been using robo to enter sweeps. I was under the impression that a sponser would not be able to tell the difference between hand typing and robo and when a contest states "Entries using macro, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified" it was referring to the use of automatic generated entries.....There is a premium sweep expiring tomorrow that after using robo and hitting submit, told me to go read the rules....when I went back and then manually typed in the information it told me congrats, I was entered. I am now wondering a) did I dq myself for this contest and b) if other contests are just discarding robo entries....I hate to give up robo, but this contest clearly has some detective device to determine whether it was manually entered or submitted with robo....My head is spinning. :worry:

kathytracey
January 31st, 2006, 12:50am
All of my wins so far have been won when I used roboform. It takes to much time to read all of the rules. I just take my chances and so far I've been getting some good wins. :)

joolzie
January 31st, 2006, 12:55am
Is it possible that you needed to tick a "I have read the official rules" box, which Robo didn't do for you?

wickedjen1960
January 31st, 2006, 1:00am
:worry: Anything is possible....this is a sweeps that was down more often than it was up. I'm pretty sure I checked the box....I will try to enter tomorrow using Robo and see what happens, I don't know if I have already DQ's myself or if it just didn't take that entry because it sent a confirmation to my email. I'm thinking that I may just manually type in the one time only sweeps and robo the rest.

joolzie
January 31st, 2006, 1:03am
Post which sweep it was in the premium forum, see if anyone else has had the same message. :)

its_inevitable
January 31st, 2006, 1:37am
Yes, I'm interested too. Could you please either PM the link to the sweep or post in the Premium forums. Thanks.

Star2Nite
January 31st, 2006, 2:33am
Yes, I am curious. I use Robo on all except for the ones that are shockwave or whatever they are can't think of the word right now HMM. Check out my wins I dont' think I am doing too bad?

lvanhook
January 31st, 2006, 3:14am
:sherlock:

wackydackydoo
January 31st, 2006, 7:53am
I know that there are a few sweeps that get confused when Roboform submits the form automatically (like The Golf Channel). You'll get some unrelated message; but if you hit "back" and submit it manually, it will go through even with the form still being filled out by Roboform.

Pansy
January 31st, 2006, 8:15am
Did you allow time as if you had typed the info?

wackydackydoo
January 31st, 2006, 8:24am
No.