PDA

View Full Version : Firefox?

irish501
January 30th, 2006, 5:03pm
I have seen a few posts about using Firefox to send in answers. I know this is stupid, but what is Firefox?

tofu
January 30th, 2006, 5:30pm
It's just another browser, like Internet Explorer or Netscape. It's fairly customizable, and I think it's quicker to load than Internet Explorer.

mdnblaster
January 30th, 2006, 5:32pm
It's just another browser, like Internet Explorer or Netscape. It's fairly customizable, and I think it's quicker to load than Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/central/

more resistant to spware too.

MeLike2Travel
January 30th, 2006, 6:10pm
I highly recommend it. I was getting frustrated with all the spyware and viruses I was getting when using IE that I decided to switch. I'm glad I did. Even with running a firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware program I was still having problems. I've been using Firefox for a while now and haven't had a single problem. Go for it!

Moonjumper66
January 30th, 2006, 10:29pm
I swear by Firefox...love it. Never ever going back to IE.

melissa1959
January 31st, 2006, 4:58am
Firefox is a browser made by Mozilla. It's free. It has a built-in pop-up blocker and it gives you the option for opening up new windows or "tabs"...a window that's easily accesible from the window you are currently using. (That's hard to explain, but it's like a recipe box that has tabs that you can see all at the time time)

I love it and highly recommend it. But don't trash your IE if you switch. Now and then, though not often, there's a site that just won't work correctly with Firefox.

demon_nin
January 31st, 2006, 5:12am
I swear by Firefox...love it. Never ever going back to IE.

Me too! I won't use anything else except FireFox unless there's a web page or plug in that only uses another browser, but I haven't come across that problem yet. I swear by Firefox, it's so fast and smooth, never had any problems with it.

:fairy2: :fairy1:

irish501
January 31st, 2006, 6:08am
Thank you so much! I downloaded it and love it!!!