PDA

View Full Version : Question About Entering Sweeps from OLS

Waitin2Win
January 29th, 2006, 2:35pm
This may have been asked before, but I was wondering if it makes any difference if you enter a sweep directly from OLS or the main page of the sponsoring website for the contest?

For instance...is there more wins directly or do you still have just as good a chance of winnings clicking on the links directly from OLS?

Since OLS may be listed as a referrer...is it picked up and maybe not as good a chance of winning? Do OLS Administrators/owners get points/benefits of all these clicks directly from OLS?

I have been entering hundreds of contests for about 6 weeks now with no wins (expect small like the vaseline and nestels bar) ...and just wanted to know if it really makes a difference in the wins?

Thanks for any answers...

positivelift
January 29th, 2006, 2:38pm
Here's a recent thread involving that topic
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364411&highlight=referrer

wickedjen1960
January 29th, 2006, 2:51pm
I had similar concerns when I first started sweeping, and no significant wins to speak of. Then one day, I won a silly contest and declined to send the affy in, after that a couple of small cash wins and that was all it took to keep me motivated. The little prizes sometimes take a while to come in, and they don't always notify you in advance....it is a wonderful mail day. We just won a 2006 F150 truck, $300.00 in gas cards, $100.00 in kitchen stuff, $699 in software for our computer and website software valued over $600.00. This all happened in January, and I have been entering sweepstakes from this site since last Feb. You have to know it is all the flip of a coin, but if you don't enter, you can't win and I couldn't afford the time management of entering sweeps without this site. Good Luck to you...

Waitin2Win
January 29th, 2006, 3:01pm
Here's a recent thread involving that topic
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364411&highlight=referrer

Thank you...I read that entire thread...but I guess my question is this...

Does it really make any difference in what or how much you win coming directly from the OLS site? Some said it does and have referrer blocks and some do not have blocks..

I have been spending hours daily entering directly from OLS with no wins yet...

Just curious how to have more advantages to win more..

Thank you...

Blackberry
January 29th, 2006, 3:14pm
I've wondered the same things as you on this subject. I have been entering for a year now. I have always entered contests straight from the OLS links. You can take a look at what I've won by clicking the link in my signature. I've done alright.

About a week ago I decided to start copying and pasting the links so that they do not have OLS as the referring page. I have heard that some people have suposedly done better doing it this way. I will watch and see if I start winning more.

Lanne
January 29th, 2006, 3:23pm
I bookmark homepages into my favorites and enter from there. I have a separate list that I've been collecting for about a year of rules from sponsors that disallow entries from any other sites besides the ones they want you to. The list keeps growing. Whether or not they actually check is anyones guess, but if they put it in their rules, I assume it's something that they are concerned about.

Waitin2Win
January 29th, 2006, 3:50pm
Thank you for all of your answers and help with this subject..

So...if you bookmark homepages and enter from there ..then what is the purpose of saving them in the "My Sweeps" section on OLS?

Say...if I currently have 80 dailies that I enter regular......and if they are bookmarked and I enter from that way and not directly from OLS then there is no need to save them in My Sweeps right?

Sorry...hope this is not confusing...just trying to understand how things work and find a better way of odds for entering and winning...and not just spending time clicking all these contests with no wins...

Thank you all from someone still trying to learn here... :)

KathyG_NC
January 29th, 2006, 4:21pm
Thank you for all of your answers and help with this subject..

So...if you bookmark homepages and enter from there ..then what is the purpose of saving them in the "My Sweeps" section on OLS?

Say...if I currently have 80 dailies that I enter regular......and if they are bookmarked and I enter from that way and not directly from OLS then there is no need to save them in My Sweeps right?

Sorry...hope this is not confusing...just trying to understand how things work and find a better way of odds for entering and winning...and not just spending time clicking all these contests with no wins...

Thank you all from someone still trying to learn here... :)

If you use the My Sweeps, there would be no need to fill your computer up with bookmarks. What if your computer crashes??? All those bookmarks would be lost. Where here, they have backups so you would never loose them. Also, if you became a premium member, you would have the added feature called Shazam!. With Shazam! you open your My Sweeps page, and just click Shazam! and all the contests listed on that page will open for you in separate windows. It's a more efficient means of managing your sweeps and tracking what you've entered. Since even after a contest has closed, you can go into your expired sweeps - find a contest that maybe you won - giving you all the info to post your wins.

Using anything other than OLS to track and enter sweeps is a waste of time - my opinion.

pambanter
January 29th, 2006, 4:44pm
The answer is: nobody knows and everyone has a different opinion. That's why there are several threads about this and blocking referrer information. You can do a forum search for block referrer.

It is MY opinion that IF it hurts your chances in a FEW isolated sweeps, that it has not made an impact on MY wins.

Also, you only started in December, according to your profile. Give it a year.

webwalking1
January 29th, 2006, 5:05pm
I used the instructions on getting firefox and did all the rest, now I have came across a few site that will not let you enter unless I reclick the send referrer button? wierd! I have also noticed I cannot use the Iwon prize machine on that browser :rolleyes:
New things are hard to get used to sometimes.

Lanne
January 29th, 2006, 5:25pm

Different people use the My Sweeps feature in different ways. I use Firefox with tabs and always have OLS open in the first tab. I keep track of everything I enter with the MySweeps feature even though I don't use the links to enter. It really is a great tool.