PDA

View Full Version : I need to stop reading the forums...

tledbetter
January 28th, 2006, 12:03am
I think I need to take a break from the forums....sigh... :frown3: I get discouraged and start feeling down when I see that someone has won three trips in a year and I can't even win one. I am glad for them but it kinda gets to me after a while. Do you know what I mean? :frown3: I know some people probably think I have no room to complain but...I think I need a break...thanks for listening.

Ya Ahmie
January 28th, 2006, 12:08am
It's okay, really it is. Take a break, but keep entering... your day will come, you have to believe it. :)

melisangelo
January 28th, 2006, 12:13am
Totally know what you're talking about! I'm hanging in there too. Eventually you'll get yours and me too! :laugh:

Rookiesmom
January 28th, 2006, 12:14am
Tledbetter,

I know how you feel, I've been at it for almost 2.5 years and have yet to win a trip or a HOF prize. Persistance is the key here so keep at it.

Drunia471
January 28th, 2006, 12:33am
I think I need to take a break from the forums....sigh... :frown3: I get discouraged and start feeling down when I see that someone has won three trips in a year and I can't even win one.
Why not just stop reading the Winner's Circle area so much? For instance, instead of doing that, search for more of the types of prizes you'd like to win with that free time. I want a trip to Hawaii or Disney World, a laptop and an XBox 360 (for my oldest son) SOOO bad. But it hasn't happened. I see people here winning these same prizes ALL the time. Why don't I? I don't know. Maybe it will happen for me, maybe not. It's just the luck of the draw. Don't focus on what others win or you'll always feel down. Just enter. :gvibes:

Jerrysgirl
January 28th, 2006, 12:35am
Keep hanging in there. Your day is coming! Keep entering and before you know it...The UPS truck is outside ringing your door bell! Now for me.....I can TRUELY say I'm NOT speaking from experience! :laugh: :laugh:

Markslady
January 28th, 2006, 1:21am
I haven't won a trip in 4 years, actually that 1 trip was the only one I've won. But I've won alot of other stuff that keeps me going and I'm very happy for those who get those BIG prizes. :halo:

littlelulu
January 28th, 2006, 11:12am
Everyone feels that way at one time or another. Keep pluggin away!

susseess
January 28th, 2006, 11:17am
Yeah, I know what you mean! I can't believe I haven't won a trip yet, at least one that does not provide transportation! I thought those would be easy to win. Maybe I was lucky after all, as with the price of gas now we will not be spending the summer traveling.<p> Hang in there, I think your special trip is right around the corner!

TawnyNY
January 28th, 2006, 11:30am
I have won 3 trips in one year and I still get Grand Prize envy. When you win, you say to yourself "wow, this is easy"... when you hit a dry spell or nothing great at all "man, this is hard".

Prior to my trip wins, I had a goal in my mind to win a trip to Disney and NYC and I won both. In the fall, I needed $5000 and was visualizing a cash win for that amount. What I ended up winning, was a diamond necklace valued at $5000.

Right now, I'm visualizing a trip win to LA and Paris.

Of course, I'm always visualizing winning $millions! :laugh:

my5kids
January 28th, 2006, 11:38am
I feel your pain! I haven't won anything BIG yet!! But I know it will happen eventually. Guess we just have to hang in there!! :gvibes: Here's to that trip win you are wanting!! :gvibes:

jeane87
January 28th, 2006, 11:45am
Some days, I feel the SAME way. I have had a long dry spell myself and I have never won a grand prize (trip, ect.) so it is discouraging to read about everyone else winning (Okay, so not EVERYONE else is winning, but it is not you -- so it feels like it). I keep having to tell myself to remain positive, look at this as a fun hobby and know a good win is out there just waiting for me. You have to keep a very realistic attitude about this....

I wish you lots of luck in the future -- hang in there and keep entering....soon it will be your turn to shout to the world that you won. :smile9:

CHRISSY61121
January 28th, 2006, 11:49am
I think I need to take a break from the forums....sigh... :frown3: I get discouraged and start feeling down when I see that someone has won three trips in a year and I can't even win one. I am glad for them but it kinda gets to me after a while. Do you know what I mean? :frown3: I know some people probably think I have no room to complain but...I think I need a break...thanks for listening.

I feel the same, it sucks. Sometimes I feel like I have no luck. I am glad you expressed your feelings. I have wanted to say the same thing, but I don't want people to call me a whiner. Good luck to you, and all of us out there that feel like losers when it comes to big prizes.. :gvibes: :gvibes:

beckpal
January 28th, 2006, 11:54am
Why not just stop reading the Winner's Circle area so much? For instance, instead of doing that, search for more of the types of prizes you'd like to win with that free time. I want a trip to Hawaii or Disney World, a laptop and an XBox 360 (for my oldest son) SOOO bad. But it hasn't happened. I see people here winning these same prizes ALL the time. Why don't I? I don't know. Maybe it will happen for me, maybe not. It's just the luck of the draw. Don't focus on what others win or you'll always feel down. Just enter. :gvibes:

I second this motion! I find it helpful in poor win periods to slow down on the Winner's Circle & instead spend my time in MOC forum, PMOC forum as well as dreaming & entering for the wins I want!

flared0ne
January 28th, 2006, 12:04pm
You're seeing it as "somebody ELSE won, not me"...

It's difficult, but rewarding, to shift the emphasis, the "take home message".

Try seeing it as "Look, see, it DOES happen, it CAN happen, I CAN win, too!!"

Try not to let too much reality intrude -- people who say "if you don't play you can't lose" don't get any kick out of the "maybe this time" each and every time you click on "submit".

And yeah, persistence is everything here...

TawnyNY
January 28th, 2006, 12:12pm
I read the winners circle, not to make myself feel bad, but to find motivation when I feel like I'm just spitting in the wind.

If they can do it, I can do it.

sweepsfreak
January 28th, 2006, 12:14pm
Tledbetter,

I know how you feel, I've been at it for almost 2.5 years and have yet to win a trip or a HOF prize. Persistance is the key here so keep at it.

I hadn't won a HOF prize in the over 7 years I've been doing this til this year. It does take time and persistence. I tend to avoid the winner's circle and threads when I'm in a dry period.

tledbetter
January 28th, 2006, 1:01pm
Thank you everyone for your kind replies. I think I will do just that...stay away from the winner's circle for a while. My hubby recommended I do this but I'm so tempted so see what others won... :smile9: but then I end up getting bummed out. :uhoh:
Have a wonderful winning weekend!

bigskwinner
January 28th, 2006, 1:07pm
YES it can be discouraging seeing how lucky some people are vs yourself etc
but
you also have to think, are these contests that are for their location only?
do they involve no transportation to the destination?
can YOU afford to pay u.s. gov taxes on three trips in one year?

sometimes if you look at the neg side of the other persons winnings its not so bad lol
we dont pay taxes on wins up here but i know if i HAD to pay taxes on free things, then i'd certainly not enter as much as i do