PDA

View Full Version : Question about occupation being a conflict of interest on travel contests

stormi65
January 27th, 2006, 7:25pm
I am new to sweeping. My question is regarding sponsorship on many of the travel prizes. I work for a major US airline carrier and have been trying to avoid entering contests that have that airline as a provider of the prize. I have noticed though that many of the contests do not state the exact airline that the winner would get the tickets on. The travel contests really DO interest me!

Any advice? I would be so dissapointed to perhaps actually win one some day and have to decline because of a sponsor conflict.

margarita_mama
January 27th, 2006, 7:33pm
Welcome stormi65 :welcome:

If you will check the rules for each sweep, I believe almost all of them list who the "sponsors' are, and what would disqualify you from winning.
This information can usually be found towards the bottom (end) of the rules.
HTH and good luck!

wackydackydoo
January 27th, 2006, 7:47pm
That's right. Also, most trips are not sponsored or co-sponsored by an airline. The sponsor of the sweepstakes will just book you on any airline available for the date and time the winner departs. In that case, with no airline sponsorship, you're safe to enter it.

marjeannie
January 27th, 2006, 7:56pm
Check around the area marked eligibility. Same boat.

Nubbs820
January 27th, 2006, 8:28pm
Read the eligibility requirements. My dh works for a hotel and 95% of the contests that give away trips with stay at his hotel aren't sponsered by them, so I get to enter. Hope that helps you :)

stormi65
January 27th, 2006, 8:30pm
Thank you for the advice. These trips sure look awesome!!

KnowItAll
January 27th, 2006, 8:37pm
I have similar problesm. I work for an advertising agency. Usually when a sweep shows up that is sponsored by one of our clients, I just enter my Girlfriend. Usually there is no conflict with the OTHER person.

So enter your husband or brother or friend. If they win, you know who they are going to take.

margarita_mama
January 27th, 2006, 11:09pm
I have similar problesm. I work for an advertising agency. Usually when a sweep shows up that is sponsored by one of our clients, I just enter my Girlfriend. Usually there is no conflict with the OTHER person.

So enter your husband or brother or friend. If they win, you know who they are going to take.

The key word here is "usually". For instance, my Hawaii trip win was sponsored by Coca-Cola and Albertson's (as well as several others) . Here is the quote from the rules for that sweep:
"Employees of the Coca-Cola Co".,....etc. (all of the sponsors listed here, I'm just too lazy to list them all) "any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries,advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers involved in this promotion and the immediate family members (mother,father,sister,brother,husband,wife,daughter,son,stepfather,stepmother,step-daughter,stepson,stepbrother,stepsister,half-brother,half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible."

Just have to read the rules and go from there.