PDA

View Full Version : Phony Regis & Kelly emails

lazybonesd
January 27th, 2006, 5:50pm
Over the last couple days I've gotten several phony Regis and Kelly emails that look like a chance to win a prize. I clicked on one today and got tons of pop-ups and read the fine print to find out it was an annoying survey site! I HATE it when sites pretend to be sweep related when its really junk! And I double HATE it when you click to unsubscribe from their junk and you get an error message!

ggmac2
January 27th, 2006, 6:38pm
I hate that too. I received one that said I had won Oprah's favorite things. When I opened it only to find it was a survey I was really Pi$$ed.

cowboyswife
January 27th, 2006, 6:47pm
I too have also received both the Regis & Kelly and Oprah Favorite things and they are quite annoying when you think you won. Earlier this week I did a Target Survey from the recipt and I got an e-mail with the subject $250.00 Target GC and I thought I won it from the survey but it was another one of those take this survey and accept promtional items very frustrating and disappointing. :frown3:

Frogface
January 27th, 2006, 6:55pm
there is a website (I wish I knew what the heck it is called) that takes you off of the big name list buyers. I never get any spam. If your name winds up on it they can't use it. It tells you right then and there if they can't remove your name and why. I wish I could remember what the heck it was called.

kittyhello72
January 27th, 2006, 6:56pm
same boat here too. I get the fake regis kelly, oprah fave things and such. thank goodness i get my email through Outlook express and I can preview each email without having to open it. this way I can see what it says. :smile11:

beckpal
January 27th, 2006, 7:06pm
I haven't seen the Regis & Kelly email but I recall seeing Oprah's Favorite things emails in my gmail spam folder. Gmail lets you preview the beginning of the email message as well as showing you the full email address of the sender just by placing your cursor over the sender's name. If reading the first part of the message body doesn't scream SPAM the email address will. Besides that, gmail does a great job of filtering for me. I highly recommend it to you to avoid these potentially harmful emails.

missreneer
January 27th, 2006, 7:20pm
Spammers :mad2: Suck

joolzie
January 27th, 2006, 7:36pm
there is a website (I wish I knew what the heck it is called) that takes you off of the big name list buyers. I never get any spam. If your name winds up on it they can't use it. It tells you right then and there if they can't remove your name and why. I wish I could remember what the heck it was called.
This sounds great, but people should beware that it may not really exist. I believe you don't get any spam, but it may be a function of your ISP/email provider, or you just haven't been found yet.

Please be careful of signing up for this kind of service. For further information, see http://www.spamhaus.org/removelists.html

rocksea_lady
January 27th, 2006, 7:50pm
the company sending this spam I think is called razzledazzle. I went to the site and unsubscribed and haven't gotten anything for a week. I'm hoping it will be longer!