PDA

View Full Version : sinking feeling...Blingo

Tapestry
January 27th, 2006, 3:03pm
I was using a library computer the other day and was using Blingo to look up some stuff. Wasn't thinking about sweeping, but was massively annoyed at having to deal with pop-ups. If you win something on Blingo, does it change to a new window, or does a "you win" pop-up come up? Before it took me to one of my searches, a pop-up came up, and before I could read it, I said "argh!" and x'd it away, and then began to have the horrible sinking feeling I'd won something and x'd away a prize!!! (and I am SO wanting a portable dvd player, and they have them for prizes this month!!)

wackydackydoo
January 27th, 2006, 3:28pm
No, you have to click on "did I win" at the top left after you do a search.

gemini lion
January 27th, 2006, 3:33pm
When I won a window popped up. Anyway, I am pretty sure that they will email you if you win as well so don't worry.

Tarah716
January 27th, 2006, 3:35pm
Yes, they e-mail you if you win - my blingo buddies have won once each, so I've won twice (yea!) - and I've gotten an e-mail each time asking to verify my info

tiffnat
January 27th, 2006, 3:36pm
mine had a pop up come up that I won, I never click on did I win? and have won twice from them. I also received an email confirming the wins.

Inkyskeeper
January 27th, 2006, 3:36pm
No, you have to click on "did I win" at the top left after you do a search.

no thats not true. IT IS A POP_UP, not as a new window though, the page just changes to the winning page.

you can click on the "did i win " if you arent sure on a win or not, but yes it is a pop-up !!!

NJsunbunny
January 27th, 2006, 3:37pm
I've won from them twice and a pop-up does come up!

:)

Inkyskeeper
January 27th, 2006, 3:40pm
Yes, they e-mail you if you win - my blingo buddies have won once each, so I've won twice (yea!) - and I've gotten an e-mail each time asking to verify my info

they ONLY e-mail you if your buddy won and you got a prize from that.

If you win while searching and miss the notification screen "pop-up" you missed out because you have to claim from there, no e-mail that you had won if you had won on your own without a buddy.

YES when you do the search and win its a POP-UP, if your buddy wins you get an e-mail only because they need to verify your address to send the same prize as your buddy had won.

joolzie
January 27th, 2006, 3:41pm
I haven't won from them in a while, but as the others say, it did come as a pop-up and you had to enter your mailing address.

Interesting though, as I was looking through the rules...
A total of 1370 random, computer-generated winning times will be created for the Promotional Period (approximately 44 winning times per day). Winning times will be generated consistent with user traffic estimates and will not be evenly distributed throughout the Promotional Period. The total number of random, computer-generated winning times will be reduced by one (1) for each prize awarded to a Blingo Friends Referring Friend (as described below).
Looks like one where it really will be easier to win at the beginning.

Sorry that you may have missed out on a win. :(

Tapestry
January 27th, 2006, 3:41pm
:frown3: Oh, drat... (And they can't email me because I've never won from them before and I don't think they have my email!) <sigh> Well, I'll have to be more careful in the future....

Thanks all...

maudie
January 27th, 2006, 3:44pm
I've won 3 times and got a pop up each time. I also rec'd an email each time.

All 3 wins were movie tickets which I received promptly. :)

Inkyskeeper
January 27th, 2006, 3:52pm
I've won 3 times and got a pop up each time. I also rec'd an email each time.

All 3 wins were movie tickets which I received promptly. :)

yes an e-mail AFTER you had claimed your prize from the pop-up screen, thats called a winners notification e-mail.

If you miss the winning screen and not fill your info right then and there you miss out on your win no notification.

If you filled it in then yes you would get a confirmation e-mail.

TDAWG
January 27th, 2006, 3:56pm
The one time I won it was a pop-up... But e-mails went out also...

Inkyskeeper
January 27th, 2006, 3:59pm
:frown3: Oh, drat... (And they can't email me because I've never won from them before and I don't think they have my email!) <sigh> Well, I'll have to be more careful in the future....

Thanks all...

even if they did have your e-mail it wouldnt do you any good because you have to claim from the pop-up window, fill in your info and then they send you a confirmation.

sorry ya missed out if your actually did have a winning pop-up.

SillyLilly
January 27th, 2006, 4:35pm
I guess it really has been a long time since I won, cuz my you-win page was not a pop-up. It just went to the page where my search results usually are but instead of results it said congrats or you won or something like that. That was in April or May of last year tho.

I have a question. Say I decide not to claim movie tickets, but decline in order to wait to see if better prizes come along that month. Does my sponsor who I signed up under still get a chance to claim them? Or are they only offered to her if I claim my win?

SillyLilly
January 27th, 2006, 6:26pm
Okay, I went and re-read the Blingo site, and they're saying if you win, you don't get your search results. That's been my experience the 4 or 5 times I won, so I think if your search result page came up, then that pop-up wasn't a Blingo winner notification.

How will I know if I've won?
If your search is a winner, you'll see a page that looks like this instead of your search results:

http://www.blingo.com/images/screenshots/winningScreen.gif