PDA

View Full Version : Do you join mailing list when entering contests?

lassss
January 26th, 2006, 2:59pm
Does this increase your chances?? I haven't won (yet) but wanted to know from those who won the bigger prizes if you subscribed to the site's mailing list?

Babygirl2
January 26th, 2006, 3:05pm
I started joining all of them. I opted out of most of them before, didnt win alot. Most of my wins are instants.

Now that Im joining...I am hoping that helps.

Good luck!
Michele

allisoba
January 26th, 2006, 3:06pm
I do if it's something I'm interested in. I don't think it makes any difference. I've won lots of contests (big and small prizes) when I didn't opt in for their newsletters.

Good luck to ya!

NightElf
January 26th, 2006, 3:15pm
if I can avoid a newsletter - I do it

bothersome
January 26th, 2006, 3:34pm
opt out always unless required... have actually purchased an item or two through seeing something I liked while sweeping...

legaleagle
January 26th, 2006, 3:44pm
I never join mail lists....and still get mail.

Armywife5
January 26th, 2006, 3:51pm
I do when it's something that interest me..otherwise, I don't subscribe. I tend to stay away from the ones that opt you in automatically w/ an entry.

dawnem
January 26th, 2006, 3:57pm
Joining the mailing lists doesn't help your chances. It may help you find out about future contests at the site before you normally would though :drip: . I opt in for mailing lists of sites I have an interest in--definitely not the majority of them.

dondevinesr
January 26th, 2006, 4:00pm
no

sxygamergirl
January 26th, 2006, 4:05pm
they say it does not increase your chances, but I subscribe to all of them. I want to help out the sponsors. :cool2: