PDA

View Full Version : Grab.com-scam

JULIE4104
September 5th, 2002, 11:48am
Just got an e-mail that "michael" from grab.com can "guarantee" a win from any internet sweeps! Imagine that!! for only a $1 a week you are assured the win. Keeps entering you over and ove till you tell it to stop. I'm a little frightened!! Has anyone else gotten this-obviously a scam- but am I the only one? Help!!

alwitmayer
September 5th, 2002, 3:44pm
Wow... it'd be worth a dollar to win the Publishers Clearing House millions (you can register daily at pch.com). Why doesn't grab.com just win the prizes for themselves?

motherwise
September 26th, 2002, 6:26pm
I also received this email and I thought it was a pretty obvious hoax too. I blocked the address, I definitely don't need any more junk mail.

FredCDobbs
November 9th, 2002, 8:21am
I don't know if it was grab.com or not, but several years ago there was a company that "guaranteed" you'd win sweepstakes if you used their service. The way they "guaranteed" it was that they ran their own sweepstakes; you'd pay them X amount of money for their service (say, $5.00) and they'd send you a $1 "prize" that you'd won in their sweepstakes--while they clear $4 for doing absolutely nothing. It may be sleazy and misleading, but apparently it's not illegal, because they do send you a "prize." This grab.com outfit sounds like it's running something similar.