PDA

View Full Version : Submit a Sweep, Win a Premium Membership [Winners through 7/9/07]

Pages : [1] 2

Brent
April 18th, 2005, 8:14pm
According to our volunteer editors- there just isn't enough sweeps being submitted to edit. Our editors are bored. In short, we need more sweeps!!!

"Sweeps" is short for both sweepstakes and contests, BTW.

Starting immediately, OLS will be giving away not one, not two, not three, but four (4) 3-month premium memberships every week to OLS members who have submitted sweeps that have been accepted for inclusion into the OLS sweepstakes and contest directory.

Every Sunday night, 4 validated sweeps will be randomly selected from the OLS database of current (not expired) sweeps. The 4 OLS members who submitted those sweeps will each win a 3-month premium membership.

Any OLS member in good-standing (not banned) is eligible to win. There is no limitation to the number of 3-month premium memberships any individual OLS member can win, with the exception of no more than one win per week (the 4 weekly prizes will go to 4 different winners).

Weekly winners will be posted in a winners' thread here in the Announcement forum. Winners will be required to PM (private message) Brent to claim their prize (for at least the time being- I will probably eventually set it up so that winner's accounts automatically get credited).

Sweep submissions must be as complete and as correct as possible. Sweep submissions that are incomplete or not submitted according to our guidelines (available on the add-a-sweep form) will be disqualified from the prize drawings. We're not going to be real picky about it, but if you submit a sweep that's missing a lot of details that are readily available, we reserve the right to disqualify the submission from the prize drawings.

Duplicate sweep submissions, sweeps lacking a minimal set of rules or a basic privacy policy, sweeps that are taken ("swiped") from competing sweep sites, message boards or newsletters, and any other sweep submission that we deem unlistable for any other reason will not be included in the weekly prize drawing.

Swiping sweeps from competing sweep sites, message boards or newsletters to submit to OLS will not be tolerated. If you submit swiped sweeps, we will find out and you will either be given a warning or you will be banned from OLS. PLEASE DO NOT SWIPE SWEEPS.

Submissions of local sweeps that are open to residents of at least 5 states will now be accepted for inclusion into the sweeps directory.

In the very near future, we are going to start accepting submissions of Canadian-only sweeps again, for the most part. Our biggest concern with the Canadian-only sweeps is that a large percentage of them that have been submitted in the past appeared to have been swiped from Canadian-only sweep sites, and/or they were of poor quality giving away small, rinky-dink prizes. We're not opposed to listing Canadian-only sweeps as much as we're opposed to listing sweeps that are swiped from other sweep sites or to being overwhelmed by a large number of poor quality sweeps that benefit a relatively small percentage of our members. We are going to take another stab at listing the Canadian-only sweeps, but we're going to wait a couple of weeks or so until we are better able to process and organize them.

Also within the next several weeks, I am hoping to be able to start accepting all local and snailmail-only sweeps for inclusion in the sweeps directory. But for now, please continue posting locals (open to residents of less than 5 states) and snailmail-only sweeps in the appropriate forums.

As always, these rules, conditions and guidelines can be changed at anytime.

To see how many "entries" you have at any given time, go to your submitted sweeps page (the link can be found in your member profile):
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/submitted/

Now go out there and find us some more sweeps, and good luck!!! :)

Brent

Winners List - Submit a Sweep, Win a Premium Membership

4/17/2005
hvnlydevil
straycat
Marie
SnLizzyFan

4/24
ked
Tesla
Iiztired
mmursch

5/1
prezli
Lisa Schulte
ISLABONITA
Seredni

5/8
purplebradley
StiflersCuz
prezli
enicoll

5/15
Marie
ronka
SSquared1980
prezli

5/22
smallberries
prezli
caseykelp
purplebradley

5/29
mykansascat
qhafeez
fransrainbow
luckysarah

6/5
mmursch
ked
SexyBrat
Ziggywag

6/12
itsay
mommie-sweep
thedonutqueen101
sirlionssub

6/19
Faulkner99
mmursch
kimluvsdestin
Mike

6/26
ked
smellycat
purplebradley
jaybaer

7/3
mnsteph
myz
HASAMA
tweets1578

7/10
pambanter
HASAMA
joolzie
kiki

7/17
enicoll
pattipick
mmursch
purplebradley

7/24
mkerin
rivergirl
mokeefe
prezli

7/31
bewitched
msdelta
mnsteph
silverwish

8/7
Dreama
silverwish
autodafe20
kym9

8/14
Iiztired
Marie
goonybird
bbbwalker

8/21
sanprice
LizC11990
Tesla
MASSchick

8/28
Marie
HASAMA
MoonMaiden
dippitydoo

9/4
dippitydoo
swedewolf
rivergirl
alyav

9/11
mskayz
wdwfla
plh215
punkinpie

9/18
tweets1578
mykansascat
autodafe20
baroness-1

9/25
FaygoPop
yadgirl
mkerin
HASAMA

10/2
prezli
mmursch
Iiztired
autumn1974

10/9
Styflan
mkerin
anangke
barb1210

10/16
Styflan
prezli
Taminar
msdelta

10/23
tignor
msdelta
MoonMaiden
autodafe20

10/30
xparisdreamso
cypress007
myz
chancebunny

11/6
mmursch
prezli
Tarah716
marjeannie

11/13
risingstar
Caffeine
numbers
HASAMA

11/20
myz
ked
mykansascat
turtle61

11/27
dawneandgreg
prezli
TragickMagick
ked

12/4
HASAMA
starry1st
kaym99
StiflersCuz

12/11
rivergirl
StiflersCuz
Regular Guy
terry1954

12/18
pickle
HASAMA
MrDave
michele

12/25
coordinator911
Iiztired
inthesticks
Stingray53

----------------------------------------------------------

1/2/2006
rsupinger2
faithellen
wishin1hand
purplebradley

1/9
scoobydoo
sweety1972
sweeps4ig
catnred

1/16
Styflan
thedonutqueen101
Iiztired
Spiderella

1/23
SweepBee
Glenda
Marie
ski13619

1/30
turtle61
StiflersCuz
mdavis
allias1234

2/6
inthesticks
woohoo
allias1234
bkh61959

2/13
luckysarah
prezli
MoonMaiden
StiflersCuz

2/20
lulabelle96
rivergirl
Kathy
Iiztired

2/27
zeriphion
choirlady
msdelta
dennisp

3/6
Taminar
HASAMA
MoonMaiden
mnsteph

3/13
spikeleigh
MoonMaiden
mnsteph
Anabel

3/20
marjeannie
Styflan
scoobydoo
buttersmom91

3/27
SweepBee
StiflersCuz
phillip8756
mnsteph

4/3
autodafe20
chancebunny
prezli
mnsteph

4/10
MoonMaiden
mnsteph
StiflersCuz
cawe

4/17
ked
AmberMoon
rivergirl
prezli

4/24
*Kim*
mnsteph
Nikita
melonhed

5/1
lizdehart
Smiley1
sweepyhead
mkerin

5/8
mesquemai
MoonMaiden
jennem
joolzie

5/15
Iiztired
WANT2WIN_BIG
cawe
msdelta

5/22
luckysarah
kiki
MoonMaiden
StiflersCuz

5/29
Iiztired
cawe
msdelta
rivergirl

6/5
smokey4
tignor
Iiztired
swimbuck

6/12
sweetdreamer
IwannaWin2
mmursch
ksmith47

6/19
lil_ladybug72
sweepyhead
LizC11990
Iiztired

6/26
BellaSeesStars
nekineki
ThinLizzy
allie

7/3
happy sweeper
msdelta
ked
coordinator911

7/10
mnsteph
ktfusa2000
beckpal
auntiebranbran

7/17
angi261
mykansascat
beckpal
ThinLizzy

7/24
ked
mnsteph
msbabedoll
HASAMA

7/31
mnsteph
marie-osborne
ked
allie

8/7
*Kim*
tignor
ThinLizzy
junegirl74

8/14
missreneer
MoonMaiden
angi261
126chelsea

8/21
hvnlydevil
tignor
ked
Styflan

8/28
mscoresby18
msdelta
MoonMaiden
starry1st

9/4
pambanter
purplebradley
happy sweeper
HASAMA

9/11
Angelsminx
mykansascat
helenlam
mnsteph

9/18
jcns
Tom-2
angelia06
WANT2WIN_BIG

9/25
hvnlydevil
HASAMA
*Kim*
bkh61959

10/2
silverwish
hvnlydevil
mnsteph
chancebunny

10/9
ginshi
StiflersCuz
*Kim*
melonhed

10/16
ginshi
jaynalee
prezli
Reverie

10/23
Iiztired
tj2052
helenlam
prezli

10/30
*Kim*
barb1210
Marie
ContestQueen2002

11/6
smokey4
prezli
Nikita
lizdehart

11/13
mnsteph
KISSaholic4life
hvnlydevil
suzybeth

11/20
hvnlydevil
MoonMaiden
HASAMA
lizdehart

11/27
prezli
mnsteph
tammy507
SurferGirl

12/4
marjeannie
*Kim*
jcns
SweepBee

12/11
etom102
Kringer
shy1one
WANT2WIN_BIG

12/18
suelee000
StiflersCuz
cwilman
mnsteph

12/25
hvnlydevil
Lora
Cyndy28
msdelta

----------------------------------------------------------

1/1/2007
jaskolka
*Kim*
Markslady
pickle

1/8
sweeppanda
mnsteph
prezli
Anabel

1/15
abussell
indymag
Nubbs820
MommySaves

1/22
lahmcfan
jacksgrl21
artmarcia
Styflan

1/29
ked
helenlam
Iiztired
Kringer

2/5
tignor
*Kim*
EtchedInMyMemory
MoonMaiden

2/12
HASAMA
mnsteph
princessJ
Iiztired

2/19
WANT2WIN_BIG
nekineki
bama14116
ariel36

2/26
barb1210
helenlam
angelia06
chromiumman

3/5
SweepBee
Styflan
lizdehart
FosJe

3/12
jonelyn
prezli
jacksgrl21
mnsteph

3/19
Marie
hvnlydevil
mmursch
jasdre

3/26
helenlam
Tesla
straycat
pickle

4/2
msdelta
hvnlydevil
Reverie
HASAMA

4/9
chromiumman
SweepBee
catnred
rivergirl

4/16
RockysJewel
MRNORRELL
sweepsfool
mnsteph

4/23
ISLABONITA
angelia06
helenlam
AmberMoon

4/30
*Kim*
Lanne
yadgirl
tignor

5/7
ezbee
helenlam
Lanne
allie

5/14
Zagnut444
allias1234
StiflersCuz
deborah62

5/21
BamaDew
Marie
ked
tignor

5/28
sarahbethe
abussell
marjeannie
Nikita

6/4
vdeliz
mnsteph
SweepBee
straycat

6/11
jennem
Kringer
Iiztired
SeaAngel

6/18
sffan2
helenlam
redskins moose
hvnlydevil

6/25
MoonMaiden
ked
*Kim*
sweetdreamer

7/2
chromiumman
helenlam
tzar1213
HASAMA

7/9
rivergirl
WANT2WIN_BIG
janbutty
jennem

To claim your prize, a 3-month premium subscription, send a PM (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=141088) (private message) to Nicole with PRIZE CLAIM in the subject line. If you would like to gift or transfer your prize to another OLS member, please include their OLS username and any note you would like to include (60 characters maximum) along with your PRIZE CLAIM. Winners have up to one (1) year following the drawing date to claim their prize.

Winners' names will be in bold once prize is claimed.

sweepyhead
April 18th, 2005, 10:05pm
Cool idea. I've become lazy because there's so many people posting sweeps.

Sweepy:sleep2:

Taminar
April 18th, 2005, 10:36pm
I've also been lazy, because it seemed like every time I checked a sweep
I'd just heard of, it was already listed. But, I shall be more vigilant now!

Thanks!

AbstractRose
April 18th, 2005, 10:39pm
This is great!!!! A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go . . . :sherlock: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RockysJewel
April 18th, 2005, 10:39pm
Ok I am up for this !! Sweeps here we come !

The Grandma
April 18th, 2005, 10:45pm
Yippee Skippee! Every time I find one someone else has already posted. That's OK though. GLTA. :smile9:

java007
April 18th, 2005, 10:54pm
I'll give it a shot, but all my potential submissions thus far have turned out to be duplicates.

bewitched
April 18th, 2005, 10:57pm
Woo Hoo! Time to get off my butt and start digging up those sweeps again!

:)

mcclave
April 18th, 2005, 11:17pm
Yippee Skippee! Every time I find one someone else has already posted. That's OK though. GLTA. :smile9:

Same here, I just searched for two hours and only came up with one and it hasn't even started yet. There are alot of people doing a great job posting sweeps on this site, I for one realy appreciate it. It is realy great of you Brent to offer an incentive for all the hard work!

OLS ROCKS AND ROLLS!!! :cool2:

Sweepsfan75
April 19th, 2005, 1:50am
I think I did pretty good except most of the ones I found are only for 1-4 states:(...I shall go sweep hunting again tomorrow...after all tomorrow is another day..lol :laugh:

WANT2WIN_BIG
April 19th, 2005, 2:11am
We're trying Brent!!!!!

Thanks! :jump: :gvibes:

jill92802
April 19th, 2005, 2:36am
I (try) to submit sweeps on a regular basis....most of the time, they've already been submitted, but I'll keep trying. Especially NOW!
Thanks, Brent!

beckpal
April 19th, 2005, 8:54am
WTG Brent! Thanks! :toot:

prezli
April 19th, 2005, 9:20am
Hi Everyone!
This is an awesome contest and opportunity for everyone. I would like to make a few quick suggestions.
Before you add a sweepstakes or contest please look for the following info:
1) Rules (very important when we are editing)
2) Entry Limits
3) Frequency
4) Eligibilty
5) Prize info
6) keep it clean (no smut sites, yeah they are fun but can I just say ewwww, lol)
7) restrictions - if it is geared towards a very small population (IT prof only, marketers only)
8) Dates
9) Remember - why bother spending the time to submit it if it is not going to count for you towards the contest.

Thanks!

Karen_246
April 19th, 2005, 9:22am
**Don't forget start dates - end dates, etc ~ the contest/sweep/giveaway has to be current - without dates you can't tell. :gvibes:

prezli
April 19th, 2005, 9:29am
**Don't forget start dates - end dates, etc ~ the contest/sweep/giveaway has to be current - without dates you can't tell. :gvibes:

Plus if it appears to be ongoing, please look to see when the site was last updated. There are alot of internet sites up but not running. Also if there is a winners list look to see when the last winner was. If it was in 2002, the contest is obviously kaput.

texaslady22
April 19th, 2005, 9:58am
Great idea, thanks!!!

swampfox28
April 19th, 2005, 11:22am
This might sound like a repetetive complaint, but today I found my 3rd sweep this week I wanted to post and found out, YET AGAIN, that it's already listed... as a PREMIUM SWEEP.

:mad2:

Now, I have been coming to OLS for years now, and think it's a TERRIFIC site - much MUCH better than anything else on the net that I've found. Congratulations are in order for Brent as well as the rest of the people who help keep it so top notch. :cheer7:

However, I can't help but get a little annoyed at this "premium" sweep stuff. It's seems very unfair - I thought OLS was a site where people shared sweeps info with others - not to get anything ($$ or otherwise, except perhaps good KARMA!) :gvibes:

I think it's a wee bit like extortion to say, "HEY! Want access to ALL the sweeps? Then you gotta PAY!" :worry:

Please don't flame me - even those of you who are premium members, haven't you ever felt this way? I'm a mom of 2 on a tight budget. For those who "professionally" sweep, perhaps it's a "good bargain", but I question why it's a matter of "PAY UP or NO PLAY" to begin with! I'd REALLY LIKE TO SHARE the sweeps I've found and think that it's very nice of Brent to offer free memberships to a few people who post them, but SHEESH, I've been trying to post now for a LONG time, not because I'd get something, but because I wanted to spread some good vibes around and share with my fellow OLS'ers who have been so good to me. Yet, every time lately it's a dupe because it's ALREADY LISTED as "premium".

I really don't like this and don't think it's fair to the rest of us who've been loyal visiters to this site forEVER. :frown3:

I just had to get this off my chest. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying how I feel.... :rolleyes:

-Sarah

Karen_246
April 19th, 2005, 11:50am
Sarah ~ can you explain to me how this is or like 'extortion'? (being that extortion is illegal)

A website owner offering 'perks' to paying members??

Please explain it to me, because I must be confused, and No, I'm not flaming you.

Here's a definition of extortion that I got from my law book:

ex·tor·tion
Pronunciation: ik-'stor-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : the act or practice of extorting especially money or other property; especially : the offense committed by an official engaging in such practice
2 : something extorted; especially : a gross overcharge

albert3kempo
April 19th, 2005, 12:04pm
i will start looking for sweeps to add, just enjoyed the labors of others I will admit.

so, how does one submit a sweeps? been a member since october and I dont know how thats done.

doesnt sound good I know, but hey im being honest

al

auctions
April 19th, 2005, 12:09pm
Great idea! So many people seem not able to afford to join.
Okay, Now how in the world can I get you to also include snail enteris and improve that area of your site???
Love it here just the same,
jenn

kbsocial
April 19th, 2005, 12:13pm
Now how in the world can I get you to also include snail enteris and improve that area of your site???

It's coming:)

buffyanne
April 19th, 2005, 12:14pm
Thanks Brent! What a cool challenge!

dementeddoll
April 19th, 2005, 12:15pm
i will vow to try harder! everyone i find, has alreayd been posted! (cept the 3 i managed to get in)

Suzy
April 19th, 2005, 12:26pm
This is a fantastic idea and a great way to remotivate all of us who have just gotten lazy in our sweeps posting! Thanks!

sheila10253
April 19th, 2005, 12:35pm
This is a wonderful idea and a win-win situation for everyone. More contest to enter and a chance to win premium membership. I finally learned how to post a contest last week but someone beat me to it by minutes. I also recently subscribed to a snail newsletter so my question is If I list a sweep and its also listed there How do I prove that I got the sweep on my own somewhere else( from an email or web search??? I would never ever want to be banned from here and just want to know how to protect myself and be able to prove where the sweep came from. I hope that made sense!!!!

JCORNELL745
April 19th, 2005, 12:36pm
Great Idea...thanks Brent

nvtribefan
April 19th, 2005, 12:43pm
What a great oppportunity for those who might have a little more time and a little less money to obtain a premium membership. Brilliant, as our British friends say!

swampfox28
April 19th, 2005, 1:13pm
Sarah ~ can you explain to me how this is or like 'extortion'? (being that extortion is illegal)

A website owner offering 'perks' to paying members??

Please explain it to me, because I must be confused, and No, I'm not flaming you.

Here's a definition of extortion that I got from my law book:

ex·tor·tion
Pronunciation: ik-'stor-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : the act or practice of extorting especially money or other property; especially : the offense committed by an official engaging in such practice
2 : something extorted; especially : a gross overcharge

Karen, I agree "extortion" sounds harsh, but I can see how it applies in that charging money ("a gross overcharge"?!?) for something that used to be and perhaps even SHOULD be free is, per your defination, in the realm of extortion. However, I did not mean to offend, so I recend the "extortion" proclimation. But, sheesh, this kind of feels like the whole NetZero thing - it was free, it claimed to be forever free, yadda yadda. Then, whaddya know, POOF, now you gotta pay.

When I joined early in 2002 (had visited for awhile before THAT), OLS talked about FREE sharing of sweeps. How some sweeps are determined "randomly" to be ONLY for PREMIUM members seems unfair. I got notices of 2 of the ones I tried to post and wanted to share them with the OLS community, but was told they were PREMIUM. How someone decided to keep some sweeps for only those who pay to access them seems iniquitous (especially when the companies/people who throw the sweeps are often offering entry to ANYONE).

That's just how I feel...

-Sarah :smile9:

Dreama
April 19th, 2005, 1:21pm
That's very nice of you, Brent! I hope it results in more sweeps and more people being green! :gvibes:

Dear Sarah: OLS is a business. They don't have advertisers, like a radio station, and they aren't funded by a local government, like a library. All of the "free" sweeps and features of OLS are actually made available thanks to paying members (you're welcome)!

Think of the free version of OLS as a sample. Demanding free access to the full version would be like getting a cosmetic sample and then demanding full size products for free. Or to use your word: if you sampled some cookies at the grocery store, would you consider it "extortion" if you then had to pay in order to get a full box?

Anytime a business offers a unique product, it's very common for them to offer a sample or a limited trial version of it so people can see what they'd be getting before they pay. I don't fault you or anybody else for continuing to take advantage of the free version if you don't want to pay, but it sure seems silly to complain about it.

Not a flame, just a different point of view. Good luck and happy sweeping! - Susan

ISLABONITA
April 19th, 2005, 1:28pm
This is a mail in only with official entry forms, so how do I list it? :rolleyes:

pantherpaw
April 19th, 2005, 1:30pm
This is a mail in only with official entry forms, so how do I list it? :rolleyes:In the Snail Mail forum. But first check to see if it's already there.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

swampfox28
April 19th, 2005, 1:33pm
You know, I really didn't ever think that OLS was supposed to be considered or classified as a buisness. I really thought it was a place where people helped other people who were interested in sweepstakes (and the like). If it has always been a BUSINESS, and what Susan said is true, then I DO owe a big thanks to all of those paying members who "fund" this site. Your sample analogy makes a lot of sense. I just always was under the impression that this was a fee-free sharing site. If I'm totally wrong (as it appears I may be) I do apologize for griping about not getting enough "FULL-SIZE" product! :)

It still seems a little silly to restrict some sweeps that should be available to ALL, but I digress...

-Sarah (who apparently needed some info BEFORE she went off!) :grad: :laugh:

medictom
April 19th, 2005, 1:59pm
Sarah, I can agree with you on some points, as to which sweeps are considered premium, and to those which are not. I, along with the others here, enjoy the features I get with my premium subscription. As I do try to enter as much as I can, these items help keep me organized in a way I could never imagine. But as others have said, OLS could be considered a business. The cost for the bandwith alone, to run this site, I can only imagine what it costs, along with the other hosting fees. While I took money that I got for my birthday, to pay for the yearly fee, the prizes I have won, have surpassed that so far, so I am happy. Do I wish that everyone, could enter everything here, sure...and maybe one day that will be a possibility. But I applaud you for your thoughts, and your candor, and the candor of others here so far. I love this site, and to pay a little extra to get the most out of it, I will be in line always.

Dreama
April 19th, 2005, 2:00pm
Well, I'm assuming it's a business since Brent seems to spend most of his life working on it... I don't know if it's a million-dollar operation, though! :laugh:

You're totally right that the sweeps themselves are free, but I consider that the OLS subscription fee is worth having them listed in one place, being able to track them, and most importantly having access to other sweepers' tips and feedback about them. It's sooooo much easier than if I sat here and tried to Google sweeps and track them myself all day! I've also used "free" sweeps sites and never won a thing, but I've won three separate sweeps since coming to OLS one month ago.

:gvibes:

luckysarah
April 19th, 2005, 2:08pm
You know, I really didn't ever think that OLS was supposed to be considered or classified as a buisness. I really thought it was a place where people helped other people who were interested in sweepstakes (and the like). If it has always been a BUSINESS, and what Susan said is true, then I DO owe a big thanks to all of those paying members who "fund" this site. Your sample analogy makes a lot of sense. I just always was under the impression that this was a fee-free sharing site. If I'm totally wrong (as it appears I may be) I do apologize for griping about not getting enough "FULL-SIZE" product! :)

It still seems a little silly to restrict some sweeps that should be available to ALL, but I digress...

-Sarah (who apparently needed some info BEFORE she went off!) :grad: :laugh:

Sarah I do understand how you feel but to a point. From what I understand Brent has supportedthe whole site for years with a little help from some members but mostly he paid it all.
The reason OLS is so much better than other sweep sites is because all of the work Brent has put into it which doesn't come free.

And your rite all sweeps are free. You can find them and enter all the ones you wish but it would be alot of work.
Your not paying to enter them. Your paying for all the extras that come along with it.
We have a chat room, an arcade, we can keep track of our entries, no pop-ups, no spam and now we have Shazam which saves you tons of time entering which therefore should make your chances of winning much better.
I'm sure theres more I can't think of but you get my point.

I hope if you can you get to try out premium and I think you'll agree its well worth it. :gvibes: :gvibes:

milo
April 19th, 2005, 2:17pm
How far back do the sweeps that you've submitted appear on your page of submitted sweeps? I know of one that I submitted last year that doesn't appear, but I don't know when they were started to be listed like this. Thanks!

swampfox28
April 19th, 2005, 2:31pm
Well, again to Brent and all of you who help keep up this site, answer posts, and help everyone THANK YOU! I should have thought a bit more about what it would take to produce and maintain a site like this... YIKES, I'd have no clue. It's easy to manuver, fun to use, and full of great people. Perhaps I'm a bit of a scroogie when I complain about premium sweeps, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreiate how great this site is even for those of us who don't pay for it...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :supstar:

-Sarah

topgun
April 19th, 2005, 3:56pm
Sarah,

I am one who shares your questions about the premium sweeps. I think everyone is in agreement that Brent deserves bigtime kudos for OLS, and he certainly deserves to be paid for the time he devotes to the site and the cost involved. OLS wouldn't be as great as it is without everything Brent has put into it.

If you pay, you not only get access to 'premium' sweeps, but you also get access to all sorts of extra bells and whistles Brent has developed. Unfortunately, folks won't pay just to have access to all these extra features, and so the extra incentive to generate enough paying members is premium sweeps. I doubt Brent would have had to do this if he had enough folks willing to pay for the extra features alone.

What makes me chuckle about the whole 'premium' sweeps thing is why on earth would I care who entered the sweeps I was entering, especially in light of the fact that many folks outside of OLS are entering the same sweeps?

Premium sweeps or not, OLS is a great site. Now, time to look around and see what the procedure is for submitting sweeps. Perhaps I just post them to this thread?

Well, again to Brent and all of you who help keep up this site, answer posts, and help everyone THANK YOU! I should have thought a bit more about what it would take to produce and maintain a site like this... YIKES, I'd have no clue. It's easy to manuver, fun to use, and full of great people. Perhaps I'm a bit of a scroogie when I complain about premium sweeps, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreiate how great this site is even for those of us who don't pay for it...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :supstar:

-Sarah

mytrn2wn12
April 19th, 2005, 4:03pm
Whoo Hoo!! Thank You!!

Styflan
April 19th, 2005, 4:17pm
All right Brent. That's a great incentive to submit sweeps here. Now I have to figure out some new search terms to find the ones that are elusive. :laugh: Better get cracking. :gvibes:

Hi Everyone!
This is an awesome contest and opportunity for everyone. I would like to make a few quick suggestions.
2) Entry Limits
3) Frequency
4) Eligibilty
5) Prize info
6) keep it clean (no smut sites, yeah they are fun but can I just say ewwww, lol)
7) restrictions - if it is geared towards a very small population (IT prof only, marketers only)
8) Dates
9) Remember - why bother spending the time to submit it if it is not going to count for you towards the contest.

Thanks!

#6- I've found a few of these, but I thought the better of it before taking the plunge & posting. Don't want to offend anyone. I guess I/we could always pm a mod to see if it's too smutty :shhh:

Lanne
April 19th, 2005, 6:20pm
Premium sweeps or not, OLS is a great site. Now, time to look around and see what the procedure is for submitting sweeps. Perhaps I just post them to this thread?

Just click on the Add-a-sweep feature at the bottom of each page.

ISLABONITA
April 20th, 2005, 12:25am
And it has disappeared!???? :sherlock:

swampfox28
April 20th, 2005, 12:26am
Thanks, topgun, that makes a lot of sense. I may just eventually subscribe. I HAVE found a ton of positive reviews of premium membership... AAAAK, though, $30 still seems like a LOT to me!!!!!!

Call me scroOOooOOOOge! :nana:

thedonutqueen101
April 20th, 2005, 1:10am
PRobably a stupid question, but what does it mean to 'swipe' a sweep?

joolzie
April 20th, 2005, 1:25am
PRobably a stupid question, but what does it mean to 'swipe' a sweep?
Well, when you see Swiper the Fox, you have to say, "Swiper no swiping! Swiper no swiping!"

Er, sorry, been wanting to say that all day. In answer to your question, say you belong to multiple sweepstakes sites/newsletters/etc (as if any others exist, pfft), and you see a sweep listed there that isn't listed here, it's very naughty to import it here. If, however, you come across it in some "natural" way-- go to the website, google it, see it on TV, hear it from a friend-- it's cool to post here.

Also, I think this is a great idea, thanks super-duper site-runners. We love you. :)

MelBear
April 20th, 2005, 1:36am
Thanks Brent, this is a great idea!
I have tried to post new contests in the past and they have always already been posted too. I have a question about 'not' submitting a sweeps from a newsletter. I'm pretty sure I've seen sweeps added that were from newsletters in the past. So, if I subscribe to a website's newsletter and they are having a contest, does this mean I can't post it as a new contest?
Thanks,
Mel

kbsocial
April 20th, 2005, 10:16am
And it has disappeared!???? :sherlock:

There are no rules listed for that sweep at this time.

SillyLilly
April 20th, 2005, 12:55pm
Thanks Brent, this is a great idea!
I have tried to post new contests in the past and they have always already been posted too. I have a question about 'not' submitting a sweeps from a newsletter. I'm pretty sure I've seen sweeps added that were from newsletters in the past. So, if I subscribe to a website's newsletter and they are having a contest, does this mean I can't post it as a new contest?
Thanks,
Mel

They mean that you can't post contests from a SWEEPSTAKES newsletter. You know, the kind that charge $15 or $20 a year to send you a newsletter full of sweepstakes and contests. The owner of that newsletter has spent their time finding and compiling the sweeps, and it's not fair to steal it and put it here.

If you get a newsletter from Kraft or @N Zone that says they're having a sweeps, by all means, post it!

Good luck to all! :fairy3:

imrdrain
April 21st, 2005, 2:43pm
It seems everything I find is a dupe. I'll keep up the hunt though.

jklkj
April 21st, 2005, 6:25pm
Everytime I find one it is already listed.
Is anyone finding other sweeps?

IndyPunkOne
April 21st, 2005, 6:26pm
seems to be helping, the last few days have had 100+ new sweeps :binky: :scoot: :lendhand:

Staceyrg
April 21st, 2005, 6:58pm
Great....... :cheer7:

StarbucksAddict
April 21st, 2005, 7:00pm
AAAAK, though, $30 still seems like a LOT to me!!!!!!

$30 (yearly) isn't the only option - there are also $12.50 and $20 subscriptions (3 and 6 months, respectively). :)

jklkj
April 21st, 2005, 10:16pm
I went to Mozilla Firefox.
then went to the search engine www.dogpile.com
It searches all the search engines.
I found these but I don't know if they are on the OLS.
I don't have time to look up the information so if someone else wants to do it you can get credit for it. Just for the heck of it I searched for italy + sweepstakes and this is what I got for trips to Italy. I only went to the first page..
http:away.com
www.alamo.com
http://na.visitlondon.com
www.relaventradio.com/docs/contest.asp
www.summerinitaly.com/eng/sweepstakes/enter.htm
www.elitechoices.com/sweepstakes.html

Christel
April 21st, 2005, 10:28pm
This is a great idea!!!!!!

Lanne
April 25th, 2005, 6:31pm
I think this is a great idea!! Do we have any winners yet?

laurenk503
April 25th, 2005, 9:01pm
This one is for people living in the Boston, Massachusetts area. Just click on the link, there are two contests, one is for four Six Flags of New England Tickets and the other is for a birthday cake, balloons and $50 I believe for a birthday party.

www.boston.parenthood.com

Krystal
April 25th, 2005, 9:10pm
Great idea Brent! :cool2:

swpsfansweare
April 25th, 2005, 9:15pm
were there winners drawn last night? or will it be next sunday???

deborah62
April 26th, 2005, 9:58pm
What a great idea! People here are fast,when I find one its usually been posted already but I keep trying,I appreciate all the sweeps posted and think its great they can get a 3 month membership for finding them.

Rhozalea
April 27th, 2005, 1:44pm
I've also been lazy, because it seemed like every time I checked a sweep
I'd just heard of, it was already listed. But, I shall be more vigilant now!

Thanks!

same here; rarely first even if it just arrived in my email
so
I searched
sun 2 hrs
mon 2 hrs
tues 2 hrs
and today 2 hours and only found a few not posted.! Very hard to beat these peeps here at OLS and the
amazing job they do!

nice prize
thanks! :cheer7:

Tempest
April 28th, 2005, 6:24am
What a generous thing to do. I love this place. :D

Brent
April 29th, 2005, 7:02am
The first two weeks of winners have been selected, please see the first post.

Brent

crazyforsweeps58
May 1st, 2005, 9:59am
WHAT A GREAT THING TO DO :) BRENT YOU AND THIS SITE ROCKS :cheer7: :gvibes:

WANT2WIN_BIG
May 2nd, 2005, 10:23am
:bump: :bump: :bump:

numbers
May 2nd, 2005, 3:37pm
how can you tell if your submitted sweeps went through? I sent one but I think if it is already here it is a premium. several of the sweeps I looked for I have found only as premiums. I sent 2 today, one was more like a contest but it was on the sweeps page in magazine.

Marie
May 2nd, 2005, 5:11pm
how can you tell if your submitted sweeps went through? I sent one but I think if it is already here it is a premium. several of the sweeps I looked for I have found only as premiums. I sent 2 today, one was more like a contest but it was on the sweeps page in magazine.

One was a duplicate and the other was a snailmail.

HTH

Marie

greensthings
May 2nd, 2005, 5:50pm
Hi Everyone!
2) Entry Limits
3) Frequency
4) Eligibilty
5) Prize info
8) Dates

Thanks!
Some of us don't mind Smutty..lol, maybe an idea for Brent..an Adult only section, that you can only access if you are a Premium member, who is older than 21 (I would think this would be easy enough to set up with age verification from thier profile)

numbers
May 2nd, 2005, 6:09pm
where is the duplicate if yahoo pepsi is a duplicate. I could not find it anywhere.

Marie
May 2nd, 2005, 6:25pm
where is the duplicate if yahoo pepsi is a duplicate. I could not find it anywhere.

It was submitted on 5-1-05 and it's a premium sweepstakes.

Marie

tlcfromtn
May 5th, 2005, 2:22pm
I submitted 2 sweeps last night that were very similar except for the pizes. I only see one listed. I can only find the second one if I check to see if it's a duplicate. I was just wondering why it wasn't listed.

greensthings
May 5th, 2005, 3:35pm
I submitted 2 sweeps last night that were very similar except for the pizes. I only see one listed. I can only find the second one if I check to see if it's a duplicate. I was just wondering why it wasn't listed.
That is common, the other day I submitted 6...2 showed up, 2 nights ago I submitted 5 and 2 showed up (they were not dups when I submitted them), so they may be inferior sweeps, or sweeps with difficult rules, limited area sweeps..who knows, but for one reason or another the Editors decided they are not for OLS...it happens, just find some more and submit those (I figure if 1 or 2 out 5 or 6 is kept each time I submit I am still ahead of the game)
In your case, you are not premium, and if the sweep you submitted shows up as a dup, but not in a regular list, then it may be a premium sweep.
Sometimes sweeps are submitted at the same time as yours (so it would not show up as a dup when you submit it, but would after you submit)
Bottom line is the Editors always have a reason for a sweep not showing up, and it is their right to decide what is OLS material and what is not.

tlcfromtn
May 5th, 2005, 6:04pm
Thanks! I was just wondering if I had done something wrong. It is hard to find ones already not listed. I almost feel like I "won" when I find one not listed.

Marie
May 6th, 2005, 3:18pm

It's fixed and you should be able to see both of them now.

Marie

tlcfromtn
May 6th, 2005, 3:37pm
It's fixed and you should be able to see both of them now.

Marie Thanks! Didn't know if I did something wrong or if someone thought they were the same because they were so similar. I think I am having as much fun looking for new sweeps as I am entering them. The chance for premium membership is a great incentive, too.

Rhozalea
May 9th, 2005, 10:50am
According to our volunteer editors- there just isn't enough sweeps being submitted to edit. Our editors are bored. In short, we need more sweeps!!!

To see how many "entries" you have at any given time, go to your submitted sweeps page (the link can be found in your member profile):

Now go out there and find us some more sweeps, and good luck!!! :)

Brent

4/17/2005 *
hvnlydevil
straycat
Marie
SnLizzyFan

4/24 *
ked
Tesla
Iiztired
mmursch

5/1
prezli
Lisa Schulte
ISLABONITA
Seredni

5/8
purplebradley
StiflersCuz
prezli
enicoll

To claim your prize, a 3-month premium subscription, send a PM (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=2) (private message) to Brent with PRIZE CLAIM in the subject line. If you would like to transfer your prize to another OLS member, you must include their username along with your PRIZE CLAIM. Winners have up to one (1) year following the drawing date to claim their prize.

* Winners for these dates were selected late, however the drawings included every sweep that would have been eligible at the time.

congrats to the winners

really making me work for this! I get all excited when I get a newsletter in my mailbox from one of the hundreds of places I said "yes-send me email). Thinking it's a new sweep in the new mail
then come here to find it was posted weeks ago!

aw well, I always was the last to know :duck:

ThinLizzy
May 12th, 2005, 4:12pm
WooHoo! I won something! I would like to thank OLS, the webmaster, and most of all my parents who really made this all happen. If you'll excuse me... I'm getting kinda misty now :cry: I hope Satan's got an overcoat.

ISLABONITA
May 12th, 2005, 4:48pm
Muchas Gracias I love being GREEN

Rhozalea
May 16th, 2005, 6:01am
anxiously awaiting the list :type:

caseykelp
May 16th, 2005, 11:12am
What happened to the sweeps I entered this morning form superhero times?

Suzy
May 16th, 2005, 8:35pm
Wow prezli, you've won 3 times already! Way to go!! :gvibes:

AJPeabody
May 16th, 2005, 9:09pm
I've noticed an increse in listings of a series of almost identical small sweeps, such as a particular site that has 6-10 different DVD's listed on OLS as 6-10 new sweeps. They could have been listed as one link to the page offering all 6-10 sweeps, but then it would count as only one entry into the free premium membership drawing.

I think that when the free premium membership is worth more than the sweeps prize itself, only the first sweeps of the series should count for the free premium membership drawing.

Mrsloon
May 17th, 2005, 6:55am

The amount of sweeps prezli puts in, it is deserving.

MoonMaiden
May 17th, 2005, 8:17am
I'm not sure which "small" sweepstakes you're referencing, but I think anyone who takes the time to "Add-A-Sweep" - and does it properly (e.g., reading and following the instructions on the form) - should get credit each time they do.

I enjoy sharing new sweepstakes - without or without a member contest, but it admittedly puts a big crimp in my entry time.

I've noticed an increse in listings of a series of almost identical small sweeps, such as a particular site that has 6-10 different DVD's listed on OLS as 6-10 new sweeps. They could have been listed as one link to the page offering all 6-10 sweeps, but then it would count as only one entry into the free premium membership drawing.

I think that when the free premium membership is worth more than the sweeps prize itself, only the first sweeps of the series should count for the free premium membership drawing.

prezli
May 17th, 2005, 8:27am
The amount of sweeps prezli puts in, it is deserving.

Thanks Mrsloon!
But, as an editor I have a pass for the work I do editing on the site so I have given all my wins to other members. Giving away the 3-month pass is fun, I enjoy it!

Mrsloon
May 17th, 2005, 8:45am
Thanks Mrsloon!
But, as an editor I have a pass for the work I do editing on the site so I have given all my wins to other members. Giving away the 3-month pass is fun, I enjoy it!

I figured that's what you were doing with them. It's nice to make someone's day. :gvibes:

kbsocial
May 17th, 2005, 8:49am
I'm not sure which "small" sweepstakes you're referencing, but I think anyone who takes the time to "Add-A-Sweep" - and does it properly (e.g., reading and following the instructions on the form) - should get credit each time they do.

:clap: Finding a sweep to submit is hard enough ~ if you hit the mother lode then more power to ya:)

Rokki
May 24th, 2005, 2:40pm
How do you find sweeps? I have no idea where to even start looking.

Rhozalea
May 30th, 2005, 8:39pm
How do you find sweeps? I have no idea where to even start looking.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284&highlight=finding+new+sweeps

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223275&highlight=finding+new+sweeps

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161930&highlight=finding+new+sweeps

HTH

thedonutqueen101
May 31st, 2005, 9:26am
Can we submit sweeps for Canada only? I've found several when hunting for new sweeps to enter.

Lanne
May 31st, 2005, 1:30pm
No Winners for this past week yet?? :smile9: :smile9:

kbsocial
June 2nd, 2005, 8:39am
Can we submit sweeps for Canada only? I've found several when hunting for new sweeps to enter.

You can submit those to local, but not through add a sweep.

Quite a few people who have not redeemed their memberships!! :jump:

luckysarah
June 2nd, 2005, 10:46am
You can submit those to local, but not through add a sweep.

Quite a few people who have not redeemed their memberships!! :jump:

Oops really I always add them though add a sweep. I just added 2 yesterday for Canada.
Where should I sumbit them KB? Do I just do them manually in the local's forum??

kbsocial
June 2nd, 2005, 10:59am
Where should I sumbit them KB? Do I just do them manually in the local's forum??

Yup:)

babysnaggy
June 6th, 2005, 10:23am
does this include sweeps we post then are changed and attributed to someone else? ie: AmericanSpice contest I found and submitted only to find later it had been modified and "authored" by someone else.

Marie
June 6th, 2005, 10:30am
does this include sweeps we post then are changed and attributed to someone else? ie: AmericanSpice contest I found and submitted only to find later it had been modified and "authored" by someone else.

You are shown as having submitted this sweepstakes.

Are you talking about the editors changing the wording or details when you say modify and authored? Or did you think someone else was given credit and an entry into the contest?

Marie

babysnaggy
June 6th, 2005, 10:39am
It was listed in contest section after I used add a sweep feature and I was the author, the next day it had been moved to the forums http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254182
now it is listed here: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/search/?query=american+spice&db= with a few changes and authored by someone else.

Marie
June 6th, 2005, 12:15pm
It was listed in contest section after I used add a sweep feature and I was the author, the next day it had been moved to the forums http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254182
now it is listed here: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/search/?query=american+spice&db= with a few changes and authored by someone else.

All submissions are listed in the forums and on the main page. So your links show everything is just fine and you are listed on both as having submitted it.

Your submission on the main page was changed by an editor to conform to OLS standards. Practically every new sweepstakes submission requires some changes.

HTH

Marie

babysnaggy
June 6th, 2005, 12:46pm
So I will have an entry into the contest for premium membership I guess. I thought Author was used to show who submitted the sweep and in the current sweeps listing the Author is now maryte. Thanks for your help :gvibes:

Dreama
June 6th, 2005, 12:54pm
(Not to derail the thread but can someone PLEASE tell me how I find out who submitted a sweep? I don't see anything about an "Author" on the sweeps listing. Thanks!)

babysnaggy
June 6th, 2005, 1:13pm
under the post a note, if there are any notes posted by the person who submitted the sweep, above their name. At least I've always thought that's what it meant. On the other hand maybe maryte is an Author by profession.

Marie
June 6th, 2005, 1:14pm
So I will have an entry into the contest for premium membership I guess. I thought Author was used to show who submitted the sweep and in the current sweeps listing the Author is now maryte. Thanks for your help :gvibes:

This is the sweepstakes you submitted and the only listing for americanspice.com:

Great American Spice Company - Shopping Spree
daily per person | home page • winners list | referrals | 7 notes • rating • report • link
Monthly Prize: $100 shopping spree issued in the form of a single-use code redeemable on the site.
Comments: Winners must check the Web site to verify that they have won. For each new friend that you tell, we will give you 1 bonus entry - up to 5 per day.
official rules • archive | Open to all
Submitted 4/24/05
Submitted by babysnaggy on 4/24/05

Marie
June 6th, 2005, 1:16pm
(Not to derail the thread but can someone PLEASE tell me how I find out who submitted a sweep? I don't see anything about an "Author" on the sweeps listing. Thanks!)

There is no Author listed when trying to find out who submitted a sweepstakes.

Marie

Marie
June 6th, 2005, 1:17pm
under the post a note, if there are any notes posted by the person who submitted the sweep, above their name. At least I've always thought that's what it meant. On the other hand maybe maryte is an Author by profession.

Notes can be posted by any member. They have nothing to do with who submitted the sweepstakes. It simply shows who posted the note.

Marie

tlcfromtn
June 6th, 2005, 1:42pm
under the post a note, if there are any notes posted by the person who submitted the sweep, above their name. At least I've always thought that's what it meant. On the other hand maybe maryte is an Author by profession.I see what you're saying. Under the post a note, Author is referring to the author of the notes not the person that submitted the sweep.

babysnaggy
June 6th, 2005, 7:54pm
Thanks tlcfromtn, I didn't realize that, learned something new today. :gvibes:

Rhozalea
June 7th, 2005, 1:29pm

Every Sunday night, 4 validated sweeps will be randomly selected from the OLS database of current (not expired) sweeps. The 4 OLS members who submitted those sweeps will each win a 3-month premium membership.

Brent

4/17/2005 *
hvnlydevil
straycat
Marie
SnLizzyFan

4/24 *
ked
Tesla
Iiztired
mmursch

5/1
prezli
Lisa Schulte
ISLABONITA
Seredni

5/8
purplebradley
StiflersCuz
prezli
enicoll

5/15
Marie
ronka
SSquared1980
prezli

5/22
smallberries
prezli
caseykelp
purplebradley

5/29
mykansascat
qhafeez
fransrainbow
luckysarah

To claim your prize, a 3-month premium subscription, send a PM (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=2) (private message) to Brent with PRIZE CLAIM in the subject line. If you would like to transfer your prize to another OLS member, you must include their username along with your PRIZE CLAIM. Winners have up to one (1) year following the drawing date to claim their prize.

* Winners for these dates were selected late, however the drawings included every sweep that would have been eligible at the time.

no winner for 06.05.05?
(O no is it over?) :frown3:

Dreama
June 7th, 2005, 1:49pm
(Not to derail the thread but can someone PLEASE tell me how I find out who submitted a sweep? I don't see anything about an "Author" on the sweeps listing. Thanks!)Thank you Styflan and SNLizzyFan for PMing me with info on how to find out who submitted a sweep! I didn't know that all sweeps submissions automatically get posted into a running Forum (one for Premium and one for Freebies). Duuuuhhhh! I learn something new every day. :smile9:

prezli
June 21st, 2005, 5:31am
Drawings are posted every Sunday or Monday.

Kringer
June 21st, 2005, 8:53pm
Congrats to all of the winners! :toot: Thank you to all members for taking the time to share your new sweep findings. :gvibes: WTG to Brent for sponsoring this contest! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Kringer/avatar47094_6.gif

shopster
August 2nd, 2005, 10:26am
Is this over?

tweets1578
August 2nd, 2005, 12:44pm
Is this over?

I was wondering the same thing.........

-Stacey

Inkyskeeper
August 2nd, 2005, 1:20pm
Is this over?

it may be since the last update was back on july 17th, wow and i submitted 2 sweeps hopeing id make the winners list :rolleyes:

kbsocial
August 2nd, 2005, 2:45pm
Is this over?

No this is not over:) It will be continuing - Brent will get this updated soon - he has been very busy getting ready for the new look that his time and efforts have been concentrated there. The new winners will be drawn soon:)

Inkyskeeper
August 2nd, 2005, 3:00pm
No this is not over:) It will be continuing - Brent will get this updated soon - he has been very busy getting ready for the new look that his time and efforts have been concentrated there. The new winners will be drawn soon:)

okay thats good to know :gvibes:

Theres been the same winner several times but he or she hasnt claimed their win from any weekly drawing, do they not exist anymore or maybe they dont know they had won? how do you notify winners? you have to come to this post weekly?

just making sure i dont miss anything lol

cyngust1
August 3rd, 2005, 12:23pm
I've submitted a few sweeps, but most that I've found have been listed already. I keep trying and trying and trying for the free membership, but to no avail. But I noticed that some people have won the membership 2, 3, or 4 times. So, do they have like a 4 year membership, or what? I understand that Online-Sweepstakes do not want to put a "one win per person" rule on this, because then some people might stop submitting, but I just want to know....what's the secret? How do some of you find all these sweeps?

dawnblue
August 3rd, 2005, 12:23pm
Apparently it's not over. I have submitted 14 sweeps in total. I have a hard time finding them before other people do. LOL!! Hopefully, soon I will win something. There are several people who HAVE won and haven't claimed their prize. I will be happy to claim them ;)

I am new to sweeping, but am enjoying this more than I thought I would. Thanks Brent for a fabulous idea. BTW, love the new look!!! It's so much easier to get around

dawnblue
August 3rd, 2005, 12:26pm
okay thats good to know :gvibes:

Theres been the same winner several times but he or she hasnt claimed their win from any weekly drawing, do they not exist anymore or maybe they dont know they had won? how do you notify winners? you have to come to this post weekly?

just making sure i dont miss anything lol

Gabsmack,
I am not a moderator, but I BELIEVE you do have to check the list at the top of the post and then send Brent an email. If I am wrong, someone please feel free to slap me, stand me in the corner and have me write it correctly 100 times :halo:

Mrsloon
August 3rd, 2005, 12:31pm
You have one year to claim your prize.

Rhozalea
August 4th, 2005, 3:55am
But I noticed that some people have won the membership 2, 3, or 4 times. So, do they have like a 4 year membership, or what? I understand that Online-Sweepstakes do not want to put a "one win per person" rule on this, because then some people might stop submitting, but I just want to know....what's the secret? How do some of you find all these sweeps?

I think this is why-

Thanks Mrsloon!

dawnblue
August 9th, 2005, 6:26am
Congrats to the new winners. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for the next time around :) :gift:

tweets1578
August 25th, 2005, 3:12pm
When will the next drawing be? Is this over?? :(

-Stacey

kbsocial
August 25th, 2005, 7:15pm
When will the next drawing be? Is this over?? :(

-Stacey

No it is not over:gvibes: Brent will get it updated:)

sirlancelot27
September 12th, 2005, 3:31pm
Since this has not been updated in more than a month...is the contest over? I was hoping to win and sponsor my SIL. :)

Mrsloon
September 12th, 2005, 3:50pm
Since this has not been updated in more than a month...is the contest over? I was hoping to win and sponsor my SIL. :)

What are you talking about, this was updated on September 6.

greensthings
September 12th, 2005, 3:56pm

4/17/2005 *
hvnlydevil
straycat
Marie
SnLizzyFan

4/24 *
ked
Tesla
Iiztired
mmursch

5/1
prezli
Lisa Schulte
ISLABONITA
Seredni

5/8
purplebradley
StiflersCuz
prezli
enicoll

5/15
Marie
ronka
SSquared1980
prezli

5/22
smallberries
prezli
caseykelp
purplebradley

5/29
mykansascat
qhafeez
fransrainbow
luckysarah

6/5
mmursch
ked
SexyBrat
Ziggywag

6/12
itsay
mommie-sweep
thedonutqueen101
sirlionssub

6/19
Faulkner99
mmursch
kimluvsdestin
Mike

6/26
ked
smellycat
purplebradley
jaybaer

7/3
mnsteph
myz
HASAMA
tweets1578

7/10
pambanter
HASAMA
joolzie
kiki

7/17
enicoll
pattipick
mmursch
purplebradley

7/24
mkerin
rivergirl
mokeefe
prezli

7/31
bewitched
msdelta
mnsteph
silverwish

8/7
Dreama
silverwish
autodafe20
kym9

8/14
Iiztired
Marie
goonybird
bbbwalker

8/21
sanprice
LizC11990
Tesla
MASSchick

8/28
Marie
HASAMA
MoonMaiden
dippitydoo

9/4
dippitydoo
swedewolf
rivergirl
alyav

MoonMaiden
September 20th, 2005, 10:46am
I submitted a prize claim on September 10 for my 8/28 win and haven't seen any change in my paid subscription status. Should I resubmit??

mcclave
September 20th, 2005, 2:00pm
What do we get if we haven't posted any??? :laugh:

luckypepe
October 1st, 2005, 1:59pm
thanks

heuristic789
October 2nd, 2005, 6:57pm
Is the winners list only updated once a month?

positivelift
October 3rd, 2005, 12:25pm
Is the winners list only updated once a month?

Nope, it was just updated today. (see first post in thread) ..

heuristic789
October 4th, 2005, 7:05am
Thanks!

Although, no luck again lol. I may as well stop wasting my time and pay for premium lol.

Rhozalea
October 5th, 2005, 4:40am
Thanks!

Although, no luck again lol. I may as well stop wasting my time and pay for premium lol.

I know me too very hard to find a new one not already posted :(

MoonMaiden
October 6th, 2005, 9:45pm
It's well worth every penny! I will stay green no matter what it takes or costs ;)

Thanks!

ladymacaw
October 6th, 2005, 10:23pm
I found a seep not listed. I am a very new sweeper. When I tried to put it into the sweep form I couldn't find url's for the prizes or a date. They were all on pop ups with no urls. Can you help me out here or should I just list the original url and let someone else do it that is more experienced.

AmberMoon
October 6th, 2005, 11:48pm
I found a seep not listed. I am a very new sweeper. When I tried to put it into the sweep form I couldn't find url's for the prizes or a date. They were all on pop ups with no urls. Can you help me out here or should I just list the original url and let someone else do it that is more experienced.
If you right click on the popup it should come up with a url addy that u can cut and copy.. Try it so u can get the credit and maybe win the membership

ladymacaw
October 7th, 2005, 4:15pm
Thanks for the help - will try it now. :cheer7:

Zagnut444
October 13th, 2005, 2:34pm
I have a question, if you submit a sweep and see that its never been verified? for whatever reason, are you still eligible to win this contest? I submitted one a few weeks ago and its still showing without the verified icon next to it. Just wondering cuz I submitted 2 yesterday and they still show unverified but I don't know how long it takes to verify a sweep.
Thanks

Styflan
October 13th, 2005, 6:48pm
I have a question, if you submit a sweep and see that its never been verified? for whatever reason, are you still eligible to win this contest? I submitted one a few weeks ago and its still showing without the verified icon next to it. Just wondering cuz I submitted 2 yesterday and they still show unverified but I don't know how long it takes to verify a sweep.
Thanks
FYI, you will not see the validated icon at all if you are viewing your own "submitted" (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/submitted/) sweeps page. If you are viewing the sweep from the OLS directory listings (IE: new sweeps, expiring sweepstakes, prizes, etc.) you will see the validated icon. One simple thing is if you see the "archive" next to the sweeps official rules, it was probably validated & at the least it was looked at by the Mods/Editors because they are the only ones who can archive it.

P.S. Thanks for submitting the sweeps for us all cypress007. :gvibes:

Zagnut444
October 13th, 2005, 7:39pm
FYI, you will not see the validated icon at all if you are viewing your own "submitted" (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/submitted/) sweeps page. If you are viewing the sweep from the OLS directory listings (IE: new sweeps, expiring sweepstakes, prizes, etc.) you will see the validated icon. One simple thing is if you see the "archive" next to the sweeps official rules, it was probably validated & at the least it was looked at by the Mods/Editors because they are the only ones who can archive it.

Ahh, thank you for the FYI, I was looking at the sweep from my own page. And I've only submitted 3 sweeps so far, I know that many others do lots of hard work and I want to say thanks to them, there are some very giving people here! :halo:

nekineki
October 22nd, 2005, 2:56am
:)

Rhozalea
October 22nd, 2005, 7:33pm
how can I find a sweep I submitted? It was levin furniture and I have searched everywhere. It was questionable for being accepted here (rules were funky) but I'd like to know where it went.

TIA

Babygirl2
October 24th, 2005, 6:00pm
Thanks

Same thing with mine. I did a search on mine. I have only been able to find 7 sweeps to add here, only one of them has been validated? If it's not validated, you dont get entered. What does that mean? Mine were good enough to be included as a premium sweep but not validated? I dont get it.

Michele

Karen_246
October 24th, 2005, 8:17pm
Same thing with mine. I did a search on mine. I have only been able to find 7 sweeps to add here, only one of them has been validated? If it's not validated, you dont get entered. What does that mean? Mine were good enough to be included as a premium sweep but not validated? I dont get it.

Michele

Actually ~ you've submitted 8 of them. One was moved to snail mail, 6 were edited and validated and one hasn't been edited yet. Not sure where you are only getting one of them as being validated.

Babygirl2
October 24th, 2005, 8:50pm
Actually ~ you've submitted 8 of them. One was moved to snail mail, 6 were edited and validated and one hasn't been edited yet. Not sure where you are only getting one of them as being validated.

Thanks Karen.

Karen_246
October 24th, 2005, 8:52pm
Thanks Karen.

You're welcome ~ if you have any more questions, just ask. One of us is normally on. :mm:

SillyLilly
October 24th, 2005, 9:06pm

None of the ones I've submitted show as validated. I was thinking that the person who submitted them doesn't see it or something? :confused:

annulla
October 24th, 2005, 10:18pm

What is the "validated" icon? I've never noticed one. Where on the page does it appear and what does it look like?

Zagnut444
October 26th, 2005, 10:24pm
I submitted 2 sweeps that are gone now, not showing anywhere, I wish they would tell you what you did wrong to get them deleted. As far as I knew they were ok. I'm kind of scared to submit anymore because I'm doing something wrong. :frown2:

Styflan
October 27th, 2005, 7:23pm
What is the "validated" icon? I've never noticed one. Where on the page does it appear and what does it look like?
The validated icon looks like this. ---------> http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/images/check.gif
You can see it next to the sweepstakes titles, but you can't see it if you are looking at your own submitted sweeps. Don't know why. :smile6:

baker77
October 29th, 2005, 1:35pm
The same people keep winning memberships why not let other members win?

Karen_246
October 29th, 2005, 1:37pm

Everyone who submits a sweep (that is edited and validated out) has the same chance of winning ~ the winners are randomly picked and that is just the way they come out.

Rhozalea
October 29th, 2005, 7:31pm
how can I find a sweep I submitted? It was levin furniture and I have searched everywhere. It was questionable for being accepted here (rules were funky) but I'd like to know where it went.

TIA
??????????????????????

Rhozalea
October 29th, 2005, 7:37pm

this came up earlier too~we were all wondering

the fact that they submit MORE as editors means their name is in MORE times making the chance of winning greater.....I think
anyway they donate the win so it all works out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyngust1
But I noticed that some people have won the membership 2, 3, or 4 times. So, do they have like a 4 year membership, or what? I understand that Online-Sweepstakes do not want to put a "one win per person" rule on this, because then some people might stop submitting, but I just want to know....what's the secret? How do some of you find all these sweeps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy
Wow prezli, you've won 3 times already! Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezli
Thanks Mrsloon!

Styflan
October 29th, 2005, 8:12pm

TIA
Well....from one OLSer to another, from my experience of submitting sweeps...If you submit a sweep that gets deleted or removed from OLS, it gets removed from the forums (both the new sweepstakes freebies & the new sweepstakes premium) AND from the main pages (like from the categories on the home page, ie: dailies, monthlies, instants, whatever). You will not be able to see that sweep anymore unless you have it saved in mysweeps (if it's still in OLS's database period) or if you go back & submit that same url that you used to submit it the first time. Then the removed sweep will pop up so it shouldn't be submitted again as a dupe.

If you click on the "link" next to the notes & ratings & a blank page comes up, then it was removed from here for whatever reason. We never know why it was removed. Seems to be allot of threads about that recently. hmmmm

SexyBrat
November 2nd, 2005, 4:06pm
6/5
mmursch
ked
SexyBrat
Ziggywag

I sent a PRIZE CLAIM message like it requested that i do, and i still have yet to be green. Can someone assist? How long is this supposed to take? I sent the PRIZE CLAIM on Oct. 21st... Help... thanks. :help:

TwistedPinkDiamond
November 3rd, 2005, 3:57am
I sent a PRIZE CLAIM message like it requested that i do, and i still have yet to be green. Can someone assist? How long is this supposed to take? I sent the PRIZE CLAIM on Oct. 21st... Help... thanks. :help:

congrats on winning..you can also PM one of the Mods about this or PM Brent

Zagnut444
November 6th, 2005, 10:13pm
:tongue4: How long does it take to be green after you PM Brent with the prize claim?

bluewolfcry
November 22nd, 2005, 8:01am
I'm dying to know if i finally won a membership......this extra waiting is drivign me bonkers.....Please Please Please update the winner list!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :halo: :smile9: :grad:

Rhozalea
November 23rd, 2005, 4:40am
I'm dying to know if i finally won a membership......this extra waiting is drivign me bonkers.....Please Please Please update the winner list!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :halo: :smile9: :grad:

me too!!!
so many winners havnt claimed theirs yet too
I would be pouncing! :tongue4:

ThinLizzy
November 23rd, 2005, 9:14am
I submitted 2 sweeps that are gone now, not showing anywhere, I wish they would tell you what you did wrong to get them deleted. As far as I knew they were ok. I'm kind of scared to submit anymore because I'm doing something wrong. :frown2:
I have found that 9 times out of 10 the "Check for Dupes" search doesn't list all possible duplicates. Before clicking submit I always open OLS in a new window and search current sweeps under sponsor's name and sweeps title. A lot of times you will find that the sweep has already been submitted.

More than likely the sweeps you submitted were dupes that the "check for dupes" search didn't find.

KathyG_NC
November 23rd, 2005, 9:02pm
All this is well and good - but couldn't the Mod's tell us when they delete one we've submitted? It would be nice to have an explanation... I hate to think that they play favorites and credit someone else with the entry - but what are we to think when they just go poof and are no longer listed? :worry:

Karen_246
November 23rd, 2005, 9:13pm
... I hate to think that they play favorites and credit someone else with the entry - but what are we to think when they just go poof and are no longer listed?

So now we play favorites on editing out sweeps??? I hate to tell you this, but no, we don't. It is whomever submits the sweep earlier that gets validated (unless we make a mistake on it and miss one), it doesn't matter who the person is. :worry: If we pm'd every person that a sweep was deleted for then we would be pm'ing more then we would be editing/validating.

This was a good gesture that Brent made to do this ~ and now it isn't fair???

kbsocial
November 24th, 2005, 12:38am
All this is well and good - but couldn't the Mod's tell us when they delete one we've submitted? It would be nice to have an explanation... I hate to think that they play favorites and credit someone else with the entry - but what are we to think when they just go poof and are no longer listed? :worry:

Again I will resubmit my answer to this:

With the amount of sweeps that are deleted each day, it would be nearly impossible for the editors to PM everyone who had a sweep deleted, and still get everything edited in a timely manner. If there is a question on a specific you can PM an editor or modertor to find out why :gvibes:

meek1643
November 24th, 2005, 2:38am
i have submitted new sweeps some have been deleted, but perhaps someone else may have submitted first. The contest or the rules, may have not met the OLS quality standard that keeps this site reputable. Which makes me happy and is one of OLS's besy quality, makes me love the site even more. Have entered plenty of sweeps and any deletions were valid. So I persist, and find another. With the amount of members that search for sweeps passionately, their not a favorite but a strong member of our commity here.
I never found OLS to play favorites. PM then straight away and ask or express your feeling. They will respectfully and in a timely manner reply an answer to you. You questionn was valid but you should PM a moderate before you speak first.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving all!! :gvibes:

prezli
November 24th, 2005, 2:43am
We cannot tell everyone why a sweep has been deleted. It would take us forever to edit, delete and PM everyone.
Sorry.

greenhou
November 24th, 2005, 8:51am
I keep searching

Karen_246
November 24th, 2005, 9:01am
I keep searching

Thank you for your effort :gvibes: ~ just a reminder that snail mail or walk in sweeps aren't added with the add-a-sweep url, you can add them to the section for them in the forums. . :gvibes:

greenhou
November 24th, 2005, 10:46am
OK Thank you, I will get the hang of it soon I hope

Lanne
November 24th, 2005, 11:00am
Thank you for your effort :gvibes: ~ just a reminder that snail mail or walk in sweeps aren't added with the add-a-sweep url, you can add them to the section for them in the forums. . :gvibes:

Karen -
I thought that we were able to enter snails through the Add-a-Sweep page, I seem to recall a post awhile back that said we could do this now? I know that I have added a couple of snails that way and they have ended up in the correct place, does doing this cause headaches for the editors? If so, I'll enter them the other way. Thanks.

Karen_246
November 24th, 2005, 7:37pm
Karen -
I thought that we were able to enter snails through the Add-a-Sweep page, I seem to recall a post awhile back that said we could do this now? I know that I have added a couple of snails that way and they have ended up in the correct place, does doing this cause headaches for the editors? If so, I'll enter them the other way. Thanks.

If you put them in that way ~ we just move them, not a big deal. If there was a post that said to do it that way, I probably missed it, but like I said, it's all right ~ we just send them to the snail location ~ :gvibes:

starry1st
December 8th, 2005, 3:53pm
Thank you, Brent, mods, editors and posters! You all make this the best place on the net to hang out! :jump:

Tarah716
December 13th, 2005, 2:35pm
I also sent a PM to Brent and haven't heard back from him, although two very nice people PM'd me to tell me I'd won, and I had no clue. But in my CP it still shows I'm up in January, which is when I've paid through for.

jennem
December 16th, 2005, 11:17am
Is this over and done with? I have more submitted sweeps at the moment than I've ever had...but no winners for last Sunday!

Jennifer

kbsocial
December 16th, 2005, 2:57pm
Is this over and done with? I have more submitted sweeps at the moment than I've ever had...but no winners for last Sunday!

Jennifer

No this is not over with - sometimes it takes a little bit for Brent to get it updated :gvibes:

jennem
December 19th, 2005, 10:28am
No this is not over with - sometimes it takes a little bit for Brent to get it updated :gvibes:

LOL OK...my membership is ticking away with only a few weeks left, and funds are tight since the tire-slashing incident, a major Christmas gift lost by the USPS, preschool deposits due, and the possible MTA strike. I can't lose my Green!

Jennifer

starry1st
December 19th, 2005, 2:15pm

Thanks, KB for answering that question. I won a 3 month premium membership and was wondering that same question. What with Christmas 6 days away and this huge website to run, why would the man be busy????????? :jump:

Scibba
December 19th, 2005, 4:05pm
I think the 'winners' should be given like 60 days to accept or 'regift' their subscription, and at the end of that, you should draw another name -- JMO

prezli
December 19th, 2005, 5:21pm
I think the 'winners' should be given like 60 days to accept or 'regift' their subscription, and at the end of that, you should draw another name -- JMO
I end up gifting all of mine. But, I like to take my time doing it. No new names should be drawn after a win.

ThinLizzy
December 19th, 2005, 5:27pm
What about the option of either a 3-month premium subscription or an OLS t-shirt?

babysnaggy
December 25th, 2005, 10:09am
When I do a search for sweeps using "WildAboutMovies" I get zero results, so I click Add-a-sweep tab, type in the URL and get Possible Matches with a long list of that sites contests. So why isn't the search function finding them the first time? Am I missing something?

thedonutqueen101
December 25th, 2005, 11:26am
I'm pretty sure OLS pulled all Wild about Movies sweeps after problems sweepers had with the site

babysnaggy
December 25th, 2005, 1:12pm
I haven't had any problems with this site, is there a link where I can read about problems others have had or are having?
Thanks!

denizen
December 25th, 2005, 1:35pm
Where can I find the list of winners to see if my name is on it? TIA! :cool2:

Merry Giftmas!

SillyLilly
December 25th, 2005, 1:36pm
Where can I find the list of winners to see if my name is on it? TIA! :cool2:

Merry Giftmas!

It's in the first post. Brent just updates his original post each week with the new winners.

Merry Giftmas to you, too! :gift:

StiflersCuz
December 25th, 2005, 6:32pm
I haven't had any problems with this site, is there a link where I can read about problems others have had or are having?
Thanks!

I searched the forums for "Wild About Movies" and found these:

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337600
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337494
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337859
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337494

ilma
December 25th, 2005, 6:54pm
Want to Getaway while the Getting's Good?

1) Then hightail it up or down the New York State Thruway between November 23, 20075 and March 23, 2006 and be sure to pull in at one of 11 participating McDonald's Travel Plazas. Have your card punched for every visit to a participating McDonald's located along the New York State Thruway. After 3 punches, mail in your card for a chance to win $10,000 or a Getaway Weekend in "THE BETTER GETAWAY" SWEEPSTAKES. One punch per visit. Visits must be at least 2 hours apart.

No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the US, except FL and RI, who are 18 or over. Sweepstakes begins November 23, 2005 and ends March 23, 2006. Entries must be received by March 31, 2006.

2) To enter without obtaining an Official Sweepstakes Card, legibly print your name, complete address, date of birth and phone number on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and send to: The Better Getaway Sweepstakes, PO Box 1308, Elmhurst, IL 60126. See Official Rules inside a participating McDonald's or www.thebettergetaway.com for restrictions, prize descriptions, ARV's, odds, how to play without a purchase and complete detail. Void where prohibited. Copyright 1005 McDonald's Roseland Ranch Resort and Hull-O Farms.

Grand Prize = $10,000
First Place Prize = Spend a FUN-FILLED family weekend at Roseland Ranch Resort Stanfordville, NY
Second Place Prize = Enjoy a Real Family Farm Vacation at Hull-O Farms Durham, NY.

ilma
December 25th, 2005, 7:14pm
http://www.thebettergetaway.com

I submitted the sweepstakes given above and couldn't get the start link to work. Conseaquently, the submission says that the Better Getaway Sweepstakes doesn't start til March 23. Actually it began November 23 and ends March 23. I wrote a note to Brent, but I need to know for future posting of sweeps how to correct errors and to make the starting date link work if the start date is in the past.

Your assistance is appreciated.

ilma
December 25th, 2005, 7:19pm
http://www.thebettergetaway.com/enter.htm

I also couldn't get the not valid link to work correctly; It is void in both Florida and Rhode Island. But when I Ctrl, Alt, and try to highlight just the two states, I can't avoid also highlighting NY which is in between. What am I doing wrong?

NightElf
December 25th, 2005, 11:24pm
try it manually: when you click on the left tab "US" or "Canada" it shows up in the long bar right on top where you can just add something like "void in..." and adding the states

and for the wrong start/end date I am sure a mod will fix itn tomorrow :smile9:

binski
December 26th, 2005, 9:56am
I have just glanced at this but isn't it a snailmail?

Tarah716
December 26th, 2005, 10:29am
Brent just updated the winner list - I've sent him two PM's and my name still isn't bolded and I haven't had my prem. membership updated yet either. Any ideas?

binski
December 26th, 2005, 12:06pm
Brent just updated the winner list - I've sent him two PM's and my name still isn't bolded and I haven't had my prem. membership updated yet either. Any ideas?

He updated the list but maybe hasn't gotten around to the pm's. Is your premie about to expire?

Tarah716
December 26th, 2005, 12:09pm
Jan. 21 - so I still have a little bit of time. I don't want to sound like I'm being a baby over this - I just wanted to make sure the PM's went through and he doesn't think I haven't responded.

StarbucksAddict
December 26th, 2005, 12:10pm
http://www.thebettergetaway.com/enter.htm

I also couldn't get the not valid link to work correctly; It is void in both Florida and Rhode Island. But when I Ctrl, Alt, and try to highlight just the two states, I can't avoid also highlighting NY which is in between. What am I doing wrong?

It appears that this is a mail-in only sweeps, so it actually should not even be added using the add - a - sweep form...that's only for online sweepstakes. It should go in snailmail forum. :)

babysnaggy
December 26th, 2005, 12:13pm
Thank you for the links, very helpful.

numbers
December 26th, 2005, 6:18pm
I won it in Nov. But I don't know about private messages or how to read them easily. anyway I saw someone sent me a note. I just PM bret. I love OLS. :cheer7:

It even helps hopeless ones like me. :gvibes:

bigskwinner
December 26th, 2005, 6:24pm
ok it says winners updated dec 23rd but i only see winners that won on the 18th...so am i missing something or did they draw winners on the 23rd but
ok now i'm getting more confused
sigh

inthesticks
December 29th, 2005, 11:38pm
Someone told me that my name was listed as a winner in this sweepstakes...and I AM a winner! Woo hoo! Just when my membership was about to expire, I win a 3-month Premium membership! Cool way to start out 2006! :cheer7:

Zagnut444
December 30th, 2005, 4:33am
Someone told me that my name was listed as a winner in this sweepstakes...and I AM a winner! Woo hoo! Just when my membership was about to expire, I win a 3-month Premium membership! Cool way to start out 2006! :cheer7:
CONGRATS 2 U!! :cheer7:

peachis
December 30th, 2005, 4:55am
I submitted my 1st sweeps today!!Hope it's ok!Gosh this is such funnnn!!!

babysnaggy
December 30th, 2005, 9:55am
love your avatar! so cute!

sweepyhead
December 30th, 2005, 11:00am
Congratz! I can finally post a few because I have a cable line now. There's plenty of time left on my membership though.

Next month I think there will be lots more new sweeps. It's kind of slim pickings for now.

daskds
January 1st, 2006, 6:40pm
I have a question about when the local sweeps will be included. I have posted several local sweeps PAGES for Texas. These are ongoing contests and I :bump: the posts monthly to show new contests.

Question:
Since this is just a :bump: and I am not listing these contests separately (as I could) how will that be counted in the weekly drawing? Not trying to throw a kink in the works, but if I need to, I will stop :bump: ing the posts and list them all separately when these sites post new contests.

Just want to know how to handle it.

THANK YOU GUYS! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

kbsocial
January 1st, 2006, 6:43pm
I have a question about when the local sweeps will be included. I have posted several local sweeps PAGES for Texas. These are ongoing contests and I :bump: the posts monthly to show new contests.

Question:
Since this is just a :bump: and I am not listing these contests separately (as I could) how will that be counted in the weekly drawing? Not trying to throw a kink in the works, but if I need to, I will stop :bump: ing the posts and list them all separately when these sites post new contests.

Just want to know how to handle it.

THANK YOU GUYS! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

At this time there are no definite plans for when local sweeps will be included. In the case you have provided they would be simply listed as ongoing so only "counting" once towards the weekly drawing - hope that helps for now:)

januarybell
January 29th, 2006, 3:40pm
Hello!

How long does it take for a sweep to become 'validated?' Or what is the criteria? Thanks! :)

AmberMoon
January 29th, 2006, 4:50pm
Hello!

How long does it take for a sweep to become 'validated?' Or what is the criteria? Thanks! :)

hard to say but usually withoin a few hours

KathyG_NC
January 30th, 2006, 3:02pm
I just wanted to thank Brent for having this contest!! I can't believe I actually won!!

I've PM Brent. :dance: :dance: :dance:

januarybell
January 30th, 2006, 7:29pm
hard to say but usually withoin a few hours

Thanks myz. None of mine are validated and were submitted weeks ago. Did they not meet specific criteria?

Styflan
January 30th, 2006, 7:41pm
Thanks myz. None of mine are validated and were submitted weeks ago. Did they not meet specific criteria?
januarybell, if you are looking at your sweeps from the your submitted sweeps (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/submitted/) page, you will not see any of them validated. For some reason, you can only see the validated icons if you are viewing them from the main sweep pages, or if you are logged out. So your sweeps may be validated after all. Just another hiccup from OLS. :laugh: I've submitted sweeps that take a week sometimes to be checked too, so don't fret about it. Just keep on posting those sweeps...and thank you. :)

StiflersCuz
January 30th, 2006, 7:58pm
januarybell, if you are looking at your sweeps from the your submitted sweeps (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/sweeps/submitted/) page, you will not see any of them validated. For some reason, you can only see the validated icons if you are viewing them from the main sweep pages, or if you are logged out.

When I go to my submitted sweeps page, I can see which ones are validated...They either have "new" or "new premium" next to them. The validation words remain next to each sweep for one week and then disappear. Also, you can tell if your sweeps are validated by whether or not a "report" link has been added.

dugpenz
January 30th, 2006, 7:59pm
I added a sweep before thinking it would get me a subsription but it never happened. :sherlock:

Styflan
January 30th, 2006, 8:10pm
When I go to my submitted sweeps page, I can see which ones are validated...They either have "new" or "new premium" next to them. The validation words remain next to each sweep for one week and then disappear. Also, you can tell if your sweeps are validated by whether or not a "report" link has been added.
Yeah, thanks I forgot about those. The archive link is added to sweeps that have been checked too. I think that people are most familiar with the little yellow envelope with the checkmark in it http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/images/check.gif for the validated icon. That you can't see from your submitted sweeps & it throws people off.

dugpenz, keep on submitting them & the more you submit, the more chances you have to win the membership. Thank you too. :)

KathyG_NC
January 31st, 2006, 11:23am
I added a sweep before thinking it would get me a subsription but it never happened. :sherlock:
I've submitted 26 that were accepted - if you add one, your name goes into a group and from that group they select four winners. Keep finding them, adding them, eventually luck will be on your side and you'll win too! :gvibes:

januarybell
January 31st, 2006, 8:29pm
Thanks Styflan and SweepBee! :) :)

Star2Nite
February 1st, 2006, 2:15am
I am praying for that SweepBee..I think I add one almost every day. Ok every other day :gvibes:

Can't wait..my three months will be up I think in March so I just have to win one before that :gvibes:

I was also curious why mine aren't validated. It seems when I look at them on the regular sweeps page it doesn't show there either...hmm.

bigskwinner
February 12th, 2006, 9:55am
hopefully i can win one cus i think i only signed up for 3 months again, its all i can afford and i submit enough premiums that i might just win one yet

stcobb
February 27th, 2006, 12:18am
http://www.tnoutdoorsmen.com/win.htm

Actually has 9 different ones to enter on this one page. I can't get the $1000 sweepstakes page to open but the rest seemed to work fine for entering.
These are all sporting related: fishing reel, gun, fishing line, smoked salmon. flannel lined pants, etc. Must be over 18 to enter most of the sweeps. Most are monthly two are weekly.

bigskwinner
February 27th, 2006, 7:52pm
sigh always a bridesmaid , never a bride

topgun
March 20th, 2006, 12:02pm
I keep hoping to see my name on here........................................................

bigskwinner
March 20th, 2006, 9:32pm
I keep hoping to see my name on here........................................................
LOL YOU AND ME BOTH!!!

sweepyhead
March 21st, 2006, 9:27am
I don't figure on winning this cuz I keep looking for sweeps and they're either already submitted, or I submit something and it gets whacked by the editors. I try anyway.

witwidow
March 21st, 2006, 9:36am
keep trying sweepyhead, you never know when/where you'll see one that others havent

allycat
March 21st, 2006, 9:44am
I entered my first sweep in March. I've tried previously but they've always already been submitted so I was soooooo excited to be able to contribute a sweep. That alone is very exciting to me.

Do you have to come back and check this thread to find out if you win a membership or do they notify you in a pm? Thank you to all of you who submit sweeps for us to enter!! :jump:

Rhozalea
March 21st, 2006, 10:56am
I entered my first sweep in March. I've tried previously but they've always already been submitted so I was soooooo excited to be able to contribute a sweep. That alone is very exciting to me.

Do you have to come back and check this thread to find out if you win a membership or do they notify you in a pm? Thank you to all of you who submit sweeps for us to enter!! :jump:
( I know these peeps here are on the ball! )

here ya go
HTH
from Brents first post on pg one

Any OLS member in good-standing (not banned) is eligible to win. There is no limitation to the number of 3-month premium memberships any individual OLS member can win, with the exception of no more than one win per week (the 4 weekly prizes will go to 4 different winners).

Weekly winners will be posted in a winners' thread here in the Announcement forum. Winners will be required to PM (private message) Brent to claim their prize (for at least the time being- I will probably eventually set it up so that winner's accounts automatically get credited).

magdeliene
March 21st, 2006, 11:09am
Yeah! I just finished entering some info on a sweep (I found it while searching blingo during the frenzy - no win for me there) and found out that a sweep I posted is now listed as a premium. Wow - this might be my first!

masonsnana
March 22nd, 2006, 10:40pm
I need help. I submitted 2 sweeps earlier today. And now it's showing that I haven't submitted any. Could someone help me out. What am I doing wrong? And am I suppost to post the sweep information in the new contest forum? I'm not sure. Please help! I want to be green! Just give me the basic info. on submitting a sweep. Thanks!

homebrau
March 24th, 2006, 1:46pm
Same thing here I submitted 1 and it's dissapeared from my submission area and can't be found. :frown3:

StarbucksAddict
March 24th, 2006, 3:07pm
I need help. I submitted 2 sweeps earlier today. And now it's showing that I haven't submitted any. Could someone help me out. What am I doing wrong? And am I suppost to post the sweep information in the new contest forum? I'm not sure. Please help! I want to be green! Just give me the basic info. on submitting a sweep. Thanks!

I only show one of the three sweeps you submitted as being deleted? The other two are still there. :cool2:

prezli
March 24th, 2006, 5:29pm
Same thing here I submitted 1 and it's dissapeared from my submission area and can't be found. :frown3:
The one you submitted did not have rules or dates, the privacy policy was given as the rules. Privacy policies not the rules for a sweeps, we need more info ... start end dates, frequency, who can enter. There was none of that.

greenhou
March 24th, 2006, 6:12pm
Dang, I get beat, but gonna keep on tryin

KathyG_NC
May 5th, 2006, 7:23pm
I won for the 2nd time on March 27th! :cheer7: :cheer7:

Brent - I've sent you a PM to claim my prize!! I have to say that winning in this contest is my favorite win!!

Thanks!!! :hugs:

greenhou
May 5th, 2006, 7:53pm
I'm Happy for you, I am trying to get more but all the ones I find are already posted

sweepyhead
May 5th, 2006, 9:12pm
I can't believe it, I just won a 3-month membership. Never thought I had a chance because there are so many people submitting here. Thanks, Brent.

secular
May 6th, 2006, 7:29pm
Thanks for the great contest. It's incentive to not keep the sweep to yourself til someone else finds it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

bdsweetie
May 7th, 2006, 5:44pm
Congrats on your win sweepy head. I wish it were me!

MISFIT13
May 8th, 2006, 10:34am
Congrats on your win :) ok I finally got to submit one, I think it looks ok, if not can someone help please. Thanx

missreneer
May 10th, 2006, 6:16am
Congrats to all the winners. Thanks Brent and moderators :gvibes:

sweetdreamer
May 13th, 2006, 11:54pm
Does this have an end date?

Pansy
May 14th, 2006, 12:05am
Do instant win sweeps count as sweeps submitted? Noticed in my submitted sweeps instants are not there. TIA

prezli
May 14th, 2006, 7:20am
Pansy,
They were probably duplicates. E-prize throws a session id in when you go to there contest pages. This makes it more difficult for a submitter to see if it was a duplicate or not. We get tons of duplicate instants.

sweetdreamer
May 14th, 2006, 5:15pm
Is this ongoing?

Karen_246
May 14th, 2006, 7:51pm
Is this ongoing?

Yes

jennem
May 18th, 2006, 10:43am
After over a year of trying, finally my name appears! I am so happy!

Jennifer

xaipre
May 19th, 2006, 11:13pm
Ok, ok, ok...I've been trying to add sweeps like crazy, but 3/4 of everything I find is already listed here...as PREMIUMS!!! At this rate I really won't need the premium membership, sheesh.

I guess I was looking too big, just for stuff I would be interested in, like cars, trips, cash, I can understand those being premium...so I looked for more banal things, but they're still already listed as premiums!

Sigh.

:sherlock:

xaipre
May 22nd, 2006, 7:58pm
I now have 34 premium sweeps saved in a Word document. And that's just the one's I found that I've been interested in enough to enter myself. I think I've found 12-15 more that I didn't bother with.

I was wondering what a "premium" membership here would give me...1682 more and I'll find out...... :smile9:

ubperdy
June 7th, 2006, 10:28am
Is there a trick to entering new sweeps to get a membership? I enter some new sweeps but it seems like the same people win over and over again...Is it quantity or quality or just the specific number of the entry (like maybe the first new sweep or last sweep or 10th or 20th and so on)

TripletA
June 7th, 2006, 3:28pm
Hi!
I know how busy the moderators must be and I truly respect and appreciate all that they do, so please don't take this message as a "whine" or "complaint", I'm just trying to understand how this works. Whenever someone complains that his/her submitted sweep disappeared, someone usually replies that it was a "dupe". But...if someone combs carefully through the sweeps and it just isn't anywhere, then it probably isn't a Dupe, but maybe was removed for another reason. Are there common other reasons why sweeps are removed and is there anyway to generate a little note back to the submitter telling him/her why it's no good? If we just had a little feedback, maybe we wouldn't make the same mistakes over and over and maybe it would ultimately save time and frustration for everyone. Just a thought. It takes so long to complete the form to submit one, and if common mistakes are being made, maybe we can do it better and everyone will be happier.

EDit: ughhhhh! My DH left himself logged in, so his user name is on this message. This was actually posted by Tangee43, so if you are going to be annoyed with anyone, you are annoyed with Tangee43 , not TripletA. Sorry for the confusion. :twocents:

tangee43
June 7th, 2006, 3:33pm
Just to clarify, post above is mine, but I accidently used the computer while someone else was still logged in to OLS. Sorry for any confusion!