PDA

View Full Version : Guests Have Been Restricted

Brent
June 14th, 2002, 12:23pm
I have restricted the "New Online Sweepstakes & Contests" (including Local Sweeps), "Snailmail, Phone & Walk-In Sweepstakes" (including Local Sweeps), "Contest Answers", and the "Free Stuff" forums to registered members only.

This morning I visited another sweep site that shall remain nameless and it about made me sick how blatantly obvious it was that they were snatching sweepstakes from this site. If it were a couple here and there, no biggie. But what I saw was ridiculous. I know it's going to happen no matter what I do, but restricting access to registered members only should cut down on it at least a little bit. And if it does continue, I should be able to track them down and boot 'em. :grin3:

After reading some of the posts in the "RE: Donations & Memberships" thread I was going to do it anyway. It just isn't fair that anybody can come along and enter (or swipe) sweepstakes from our group when only a relative few of us put forth the effort to contribute. It won't solve the problem entirely, but the new guest restrictions should help.

BTW, I'm sure we'll see a big jump in membership registrations, there's already been 4 new members since I put the new restrictions in place just a half hour ago. :)

Brent

Marilyn
June 14th, 2002, 1:01pm
sounds great!

Tartallini
June 14th, 2002, 1:43pm
Brent...

Does this mean we are being "bad" members if we "swipe" from another site and bring it here? I'm so confused... perhaps it's the lack of coffee onboard?

After reading the recent posts about this subject, I would not be against a yearly membership fee, and I would also be more inclined to use my spare time actively searching for new sweeps if it was an "exclusive" board so to speak. However, if there will be some sort of "... you are a member, so now you owe us some 'quality posts'... it could be tough to swallow."

Call me antisocial, or just against bullying behaviors, but I got into sweeping for the fun of it. When or if the fun is taken out of it, I will leave it behind.

I think you have done a tremendous job with this site, and I know you have multiple personalities and opinions rallying for your attention on this matter.

Good luck to us all!
Andrea

alwitmayer
June 14th, 2002, 2:59pm
I used to belong to a members only subscription site; in addition to a good online offering and forum, they had a good snail mail section. The problem was that the address changed monthly, and once I was without a computer for 7 weeks. By the time I got the e-mail with the next address, it had changed again and I hadn't sent in my monthly fee. An annual membership fee would have been so much better than month-to-month.

PS my computer (my new computer) is down. :eek: It seems that when I updated my anti-virus software last Friday, Adaware deleted hundreds of necessary files.

Rapunzel
June 14th, 2002, 4:06pm
what a great idea and I just wanted to add that I'm totally in favor of paying for the priviledge (sp?) of having access to this site no matter how you decide to work it all out

JoniHaynes
June 14th, 2002, 8:03pm
Nobody has ever required any kind of posts from us, quality ones or otherwise, ever. And, I am sure that isn't about to change. Everybody posts from the heart.

Joni

Balayeur
June 14th, 2002, 9:22pm
I get paid for mine. . . Those of you who don't regularly post . . .might be interested in the going/standard/ union rate for small/medium/large posts. And, of course, we receive an extra ..:smile4:.. stipend for something exemplary, such as "an original" post. Just another reason for Brent to increase the subscription rate . . .

~ Balayeur ~

*Join the : Benefactor's Club; Conductor's Club; Aficionado's Club; or the one I like, the Producer's Club.

( Pls do not crowd..:D.. my PM box with messages. )

magoo
June 15th, 2002, 3:34am
I don't know about anyone else, but if you're locking things down a little bit, would it be possible to lock down the thread in General Sweepstakes Discussion that contains our email addresses for referral & make it "registered members only", too?. Maybe take that thread out and put it at the top of New Sweepstakes next to the Local Sweeps so we can find it easy and maybe make it just a wee bit harder for those unscrupulous spam-suckers to get our email addresses? I know I signed up for about 75% for this caa-caa I'm getting every day :rolleyes: but I think the rest is coming from some low-life filchers.

And speaking of filching, I guess I have a slightly different view.....

I've never "borrowed" a post from another board to post here. I have seen my posts end up on those other boards and it used to bother me greatly, but then I thought it over and decided that just because I found it first, didn't mean it was mine. Granted, I took the time to find it, drag it back here and throw it up on the board, but it's not "Finders Keepers" and the sweep itself belongs to the Web, just where the Sponsor wants it. Yup, I guess that means the odds are less because it's now been opened up to more people...but isn't that what sponsors want for the product they're promoting? How many sweeps would a sponsor put on if they only got 600 or so entries for their first BIG sweepstakes? Sure, people can have a little more couth and instead of right-clicking that mouse and pasting that sucker somewhere else they could at least edit it to make it their own. But sweepers come and sweepers go...that's what somewhat evens out our odds, even if those sweeps get plastered all over the place. Personally, there's more sweepers on this board than ever before and I've won more this year than any other and this "post pilfering" has been going on since I started here. I don't believe it has lessened my odds any more. But this is just my opinion :) I know finding & hauling those sweeps back here takes alot of time and effort and then someone else grabs it and posts it elsewhere and then everyone on that board thanks THEM for the wonderful sweepstakes they "found"...geez. That certainly isn't fair either.

This, of course, doesn't solve the problem of Brent's wallet. He should be compensated for running the site and for all his hard work adding sweeps to the My Sweeps so it's easier for all of us to use, etc. I realize the only way to accomplish that right now is if the site contributors pay so he can keep it going. A combination pay/free site is a great idea, I just don't agree that the sweepstakes listings should be pay only. I believe in another thread Tek-No-Dunce-Man said that most sweeps make it to the other boards, and he is right. Why would someone pay for the cow if they're getting the milk for free and all that. As far as I'm concerned, I'll pay if it keeps the board going, even if Brent decides to lock it all down, but just because I like the people here. I like to read about our wins, etc. As a matter of fact, the first stop on the forum boards is usually the Winners Circle and What's on Your Mind. New Sweepstakes is usually last. I come for the sharing.

And lastly, if Brent has made portions of the site restricted to members only and they have to register to see some of the posts and he can hunt them down and shake them senseless :) if they take and post elsewhere, maybe an additional soft caveat discouraging this behavior at registration would prey on the conscience of those who might be thinking of swiping a sweep.

But in the end, whatever is decided is a-okay with me, these are just my opinions/suggestions and they're not even strong ones at that :laugh2:

yadgirl
June 16th, 2002, 10:23pm
Brent,
I appreciate this, but I know it's not going to stop many unless you can peg them by IP address. The people who do this will readily sign up here, just so they can take things from here and post to other boards or Yahoo groups, but the thing that makes me SO mad is that they send these sweeps to newsletters!!! Sweeps that only your contributors found, including my own contributions.

I could tell you right off hand the names of some of these people because I do belong to a few Yahoo groups and I do read the other boards occasionally. Also subscribe to a few newsletters.

Now SOME of the people (the ethical ones) who come here to read do not take things. They read for their own benefit, not to share with other people. One of my good friends would like to view the posts here without having to sign up. Is that possible?

kc

Tartallini
June 16th, 2002, 10:40pm
Joni...

"From the Heart..." is the way I work too.
Just asking a question that in my mind was a "valid" one.

Although my feelings regarding the site and borrowing posts may differ from yours and other members, I am no less interested in having fun, building a knowledge base for sweeping and enjoying the people I meet along the way. I have enjoyed sharing both sweeps I've located on my own, as well as others I've seen elsewhere and were not yet posted here. I truly was not aware of the strong feelings of some sweepers regarding this, and frankly, it is a surprise to me.

I can't say that I will change my practices, but it has made me think.

To all... I wish good luck, and the fun that comes from sharing sweeps, wins and friendship.

Andrea

JoniHaynes
June 16th, 2002, 10:59pm
Hey, I don't know what I said to upset you! I was only responding to this part of your post:

"However, if there will be some sort of "... you are a
member, so now you owe us some 'quality posts'... it could be tough to swallow."

And, I thought I was giving a valid answer to that! If I said anything that sounded like I was saying anything else, I apologise! It is just a truth that, as long as I have been participating here, nobody has ever asked or required us to post anything at all; we just posted whatever we were moved to share.

Joni

Tartallini
June 16th, 2002, 11:24pm
"No harm, no foul." Or if you like "No shots fired, and everyone had pretty good hygene." Or yet another favorite: "I've had a wonderful time... but this wasn't it.";)

No Joni...
no big deal and no apology is necessary.

I'd like to think I'm like "Teflon Tartallini"; my alter ego, who lets EVERYTHING slide off of her on her way to enlightenment. I'm not... but I just wanted to say I'm "on the fence" regarding this subject.

I always thought I was being a good little sweeper posting things I found elsewhere, but damn :mad: , I find I'm being a bad Tart?! I guess in that sense, I'm a newbie who's been through the RUSH or Hell Week portion of our fraternity/sorority. (Ok, so I avoided these groups in college, but does attending a police academy as the only female officer with 40 guys count?!)

Again, no need to blow this beyond recognition... although I have some things that could do that if you like? KIDDING...:grin2:

One last thing... have a GOOD night, and WIN something tomorrow would you?!

Andrea

yadgirl
June 17th, 2002, 12:24am
My personal opinion of the matter is very simple. If you find a sweepstakes on another board and want to post it here, or vice versa, why not just give us the link to the site where you found it or at least tell us you found it somewhere else? That's truth-telling in prime form, and I'm all for truth. :)

It may be the writer in me coming out, but I see taking things from this board and sharing them with another board as a form of plagiarism. The information may be online for all to see, but someone's doing the finding part.

When I take two hours out of my day to search for new sweeps and post them here for the members of this board, it ticks me off that there ARE people who don't mind taking those sweeps--the ones I and other members of this board work hard every day to find--then posting them on another site, claiming (or seeming to claim) that they found the sweeps on their own.

kc

yadgirl
June 17th, 2002, 12:32am
From www.websters.com

plagiarism

n 1: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work 2: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own

kc

Mare
June 17th, 2002, 12:35am
Amen and Amen.

littlebit870
June 17th, 2002, 12:35am
I have been getting referrals from people I do not recognize I don't mind the referrals it just seems to me if you are going to use the referrals section you should be willing to throw yourself under the bus as well. In other words use my email and name but be kind enough to return the favor!
I will admit most of the ones that I have got that I don't recognize I turn right around and added them to my address book and I use them for referrals.
I would like it much more having the referrals section limited to members only. Of course common sense tells me it won't make much difference cause anyone gleaning email addys for spam purposes will just join up to get them. Then the other side of my brain screams HEY HEY !!!! NO FAIR :mad: :argue: :mad3:

All kidding aside I am like Magoo I don't come to this site to get the sweeps listings I come because of the people on this forum I found out early on that I sucked at finding new sweeps to post so I quit trying. To be honest I go to MySweeps to get contest to enter and I visit other sites for listings as well. I rarely enter sweeps directly from the New Sweeps section because I get so confused as to which sweeps I have entered or not entered so I am most likely several days behind everyone else in entering a new contest.
I will continue to support this site and any decision Brent makes. There is no way Brent can make everyone totaly happy.He works very hard long hours and he deserves to make a decent living if he is going to keep this site open. :yay:
Please excuse my rambling on:rolleyes:

Ms Dee Dee

yadgirl
June 17th, 2002, 12:50am
Ms Dee Dee,

I don't think it's necessary for everyone who is a member here to go in search of sweeps everyday. It's just something I LIKE to do. Many of the sweeps I do find come from the home sites of the "Sweeps ending soon" section. Many times, when one sweep ends, a new one starts. I really like to catch them before they start.

BTW, Ms Dee Dee, thank you for introducing me to this site. It is the only one I ever use anymore, and it got me back into online sweeping. I had quit for a long time.

kc

littlebit870
June 17th, 2002, 1:14am
I had posted this in the newbie section right after your first post . When you did not answer I was not sure if I had the right yadgirl or not:p

KC is that you????
yadgirl !!! are you the KC who is my messenger buddy? I am so glad you joined the board. I met KC by sending her an invite to be my buddy after a webmaster on another site for snailmail sweeps was very rude to her on his message board for asking a question he deemed stupid. I sent her a message offering my help in answering any questions she might have on sweeping and of course I directed her to this site. Once you learn your way around this site girl you are gonna enjoy it so much!!!
Welcome!Welcome! Welcome!

Your Bud
Ms Dee Dee

Anyhoo ! I am glad you decided to join our group I told you you would love us :love:

Ms Dee Dee

yadgirl
June 17th, 2002, 2:28am
Yes, it's me Ms. Dee Dee. I never saw your original post. I was new at the time and didn't know how to navigate the forums. I'm still learning! :)

Thanks again!

kc

littlebit870
June 17th, 2002, 2:35am
Hey not a problem just glad you came aboard I could just tell you were OLS material:cheer:

Ms Dee Dee

uglyboyjohn
June 20th, 2002, 12:13pm
I would take Brent's Idea of locking the forum down even one step further and if anybody wants to see anything they need to log on, The reason for this: so Brent can get credit for the membership to attract advertising dollars. This is where Brent will be rewarded for his true worth!

Why do company's hold contest/sweepstakes ect.? It's a way of advertising there product to the masses The more people that enter contest the more company's will see this as a viable way to spend there advertising dollars, even a 100,000 dollar Grand prize is just a drop in the bucket compared to the money most company's spend on advertising, and even small company's can afford to hold small contest for the 500/ 1,000 or even 5,000 dollar prizes, try to buy 1 minute on the boob tube for that ! you get the idea.

It is going to happen whether you like it or not the internet is growing and with that you are going to have many more people entering contest online much more than there were entering the snail mail (it's a money thing)But with this happening comes opportunity so I say we should embrace new members the more eyes out there looking for contest the more contest we will have to enter, remember if they aren't for us there against us sort of thing.

Why should we have to look for contest when contest can look for us ? When our membership grows to 5,10, 20 thousand or more we will have such a presence on the web company's/advertisers will come to us first to post there contest, knowing that a guaranteed number of people will be directed to there web site/ product there trying to sell ! So I say the more the merrier !!!

yadgirl
June 20th, 2002, 2:39pm
UBJ,
I had already thought of this. The fact is, this site gives the sponsoring web pages a whole lot of traffic. The sponsors usually have links to other sites on their pages, and with just one click from us, they're making money.

Why should any site have to pay a Huge company big bucks to run ads when they can sponsor sweepstakes, have the links to their sites on sweepstakes sites like this one, and it's all free.

What I'm wondering is this: If Ford, Kraft, Nestle, or any of the big companies will pay a site like NBC to run its ads, why not pay someone like Brent for those clicks? Afterall, Brent puts links on his site to all these big companies' web pages. We may go there to enter a sweepstakes, but at the same time, we're becoming familiar with the companies (and their products) that promote the sweeps. To me, that IS advertising.

kc

jessilynn
June 22nd, 2002, 1:16pm
I didn't realize you all felt this way and now I feel bad for even registering.:(

I am sure some of you will recognize my name from another site(I call it my home site kinda like ya'll do here...it is people I met over a year ago when I first started sweeping.)

I can understand I guess. It is just all the other sites I visit, I think it is common knowledge among the boards that we all share. I think it balances out in the end. That's what keeps it fun. We not only share sweeps but computer tips, freebies, support for each other in bad times and good.

I feel like you all see me as ..."Oh here is another freeloader newbie." Like I have leprosy or something:D

On the other hand I don't want to be anymore of a burden on Brent. I am sure it cost alot to run this site.

Seeya!

:)

JoniHaynes
June 22nd, 2002, 1:27pm
Noone means you; you are a member here. It's more about the people who don't register here, don't post here, etc., yet feel free to use the email addresses we have listed for other members' use for referrals, etc.

Joni

jessilynn
June 22nd, 2002, 2:09pm
No, I just became a member...I have been in lurk mode here for months and have been meaning to introduce myself but just didn't get around to it and then I had to when Brent changed the site.

I am sorry that I never contributed but I don't know what else to say. I don't take sweeps from here and post them elsewhere. I just really enjoyed reading about all of your wins and goings on.

I don't do the referral thing either unless I ask permission from someone.

Seriously, I understand how some feel differently about sharing sweeps with everyone after they have searched all over the net for them. I can respect that. :)

uglyboyjohn
June 22nd, 2002, 2:57pm
Jessi we Welcome new members here on the forum, what were upset about is the people that come to get email address/ names so they can send us junk mail.

littlebit870
June 22nd, 2002, 3:08pm
Now that you have joined our family Please keep posting. I came to this site when Brent was on hiatus. I stayed because of the people I found here not because of the sweeps listed. I still feel that way today. New blood keeps things interesting and fresh. So Welcome and I am glad you decided to stop lurking and join in. Please feel free to use my email Addys for referrals.

Ms Dee Dee "Biker Babe After Today" De Moss:cheer4:

JoniHaynes
June 22nd, 2002, 4:33pm
noone is a new word that is created when Joni types too fast and doesn't get the space into "no one."

Joni :o

dj
June 22nd, 2002, 4:51pm
Personally, I would prefer people not use my email addy unless they've signed up on the referral list, as I have. Then when I get a referral, if I don't recognize it, I can go look at the list and if it's there and it's something I'm interested in, I'll click on the link. Currently, I'm getting referral email from a couple of people that I have no idea who they are so I look at the email and if I'm interested I go to the site without using their referral link. But that's just me. I just prefer being able to send out my own referrals to those who have agreed to accept them. I don't feel it's right to use those referrals unless you're willing to accept them from others on the list.

Jessilyn, the other board you're a member of; several from here belong to that one too. I belong under a different name and rarely post there. I joined there because part of that site was not viewable unless you were a member. Brent has basically done the same thing here. As far as I'm concerned, everybody is welcome, just follow the Golden Rule, and we'll all get along. So please stay or at least visit, this can be your home away from home. One of the biggest things I like about this board versus the other board (besides the great people here :D) is that the Thank You's don't go on and on and on.

John, just to let you know, there are unscrupulous sites that use spider bots (spam bots) to search the web for email addresses. These programs are just sucking us up so they can spam us. The safest way to protect yourself against them is to put something additional in your email address and tell people to remove it before they use it. These programs can't read, they just look for things like @ signs in them. So if you've ever posted your email address for the whole cyber world to see (like in the referral listing), a spam bot rather than a real person may have actually taken your address.

Enough from me, let's win, win, WIN!!!

uglyboyjohn
June 22nd, 2002, 5:44pm
Thanks for the info DJ, and the New word Joni :smile4:

jessilynn
June 23rd, 2002, 3:13am
Thanks you guys for the welcome and yes dj we are notorious for mile long threads at the other site.:D I am guilty:laugh2:

On your referral list, why don't ya'll start a list off the board maybe with someone in charge and then that way people will have to ask permission to get on your list and also that keeps you all from getting mail from people you never heard of. One reason is if you have and open referral, think about it...some people aren't aware of what they should and should not send and along with referral mails, you might get every fwd, dumb joke there ever was on the net.:rolleyes:

My own sister in law sent me two viruses a while back..I tried to explain to her to be careful what she sends and I tried to explain that the warnings out there in email land (hoaxes) are not true but she just doesn't get it.:) She still sends me fwds and jokes...what can ya do?

Anyhow, let's win!!:cheer:

jewel33
July 11th, 2002, 10:09pm
I know .. I know ... I still have to say hello in the 'new members' section .. but jessilyn sent me here to see what I thought about the recent Roboform thread :) (thanks, jessilyn!) and I've been reading through the other posts, too ...

Brent, I think it's a great idea to restrict certain portions of the boards to members only - I belong to the same 'other board' that jessilyn and a couple of others I recognize belong to and we have also had the 'sharing sweeps' discussion ... I think the general consensus there (and I agree, and it looks as tho' you're stating the same) is that, yes, sweepstakes are for the public; sharing is great; however, take the time to visit the site, get the rules and post the sweeps in your own words .. don't just cut and paste what someone else has posted. (I posted about 800 monthlies on the other board and was pm'd by at least three other people that those posts were being taken word for word and posted elsewhere ... ) I love to share, but ... sheesh! It took me ages to post all of those; at least give a girl some credit!! :lol When someone posted a thanks, I specifically stated that "NO way could I have found all of these by myself"... and thanked (by name) quite a few of the other people that I recall originally posting these elsewhere (this was a collection that I had built up over months :)

Well, I'm off to explore some more .. looks like a great board and great people! :)

Corinne
July 16th, 2002, 3:58pm
In reference to: "I think it is common knowledge among the boards that we all share. I think it balances out in the end."

I just want to add that I belong to a number of message boards/sweeps sites and NONE of the 'regulars' have a standard practice of 'sharing' info from one board to another. It's just not right! If you find it yourself, share it. If you saw it on another site DON'T share it, or as was mentioned, direct others to the original site.
Some people do heavy online searches and find lots of sweeps and it's just not right to take that information all over the internet boards if you didn't find it yourself.

I do hope the problem gets solved on this board though, as it is a valuable place to get information and to share information.

MHO
corinne

windlink
July 17th, 2002, 9:26am
I know my paypal donation wasn't much. I will try to send more when I have it. I want to do all I can to keep you up and running. I'm on a limited income but I don't think $5.00 a few times a year is to much to ask. I'll drink water that week instead to a 12 pk of Pepsi.
:cool3:

marilyn lux
July 17th, 2002, 8:35pm
is there a fee to use this site. i thought it said membership was free but if there are dues i dint know what they are or where to send them-marilyn

JoniHaynes
July 17th, 2002, 9:07pm
Marilyn........no fee has yet been set, and, even when Brent decides on a fee, most of the site will still be free to members. Just check out the announcements forum when there are new posts from Brent.

Hey, Marilyn, we are practically neighbors! Even tho' my location says "Patton", I actually work there and live in San Bernardino. Glad to see another "local" signed up here........at the best sweepstakes site on the 'net.

Joni

marilyn lux
July 18th, 2002, 11:18am
joni thanks for the info. small world isnt it? maybe i''ll run in to you sometime at ontario mills marilyn

Katie Scarlet
July 20th, 2002, 8:50am
Originally posted by Tartallini
Brent...

Does this mean we are being "bad" members if we "swipe" from another site and bring it here?

I am probably opening a whole can of worms here.... but this whole discussion has really been on my mind a lot lately. I have to post it so that maybe it will get out of my head and I can move on to other thoughts.

I understand that these sweeps are "public domain" and that anyone can find them if they look hard enough. I also understand that many people are not bothered by "members swiping" from this board to post at another board, whether to impress the people there or just to contribute to that board that they consider more "home" than this one. What ever their motivation... it is happening more and more. Locking down these posts has not stopped anyone from joining and continuing their previous practice.

That wouldn't bother me, quite so much, IF they also brought a few from that "other board" to post here as well. I, like many others, belong to many boards and often post things at the other boards that I might have also posted here. But those would be restricted to the sweeps I find on my own... not things that others have posted here that I repost in an attempt to impress anyone.

The sweeps that I see "strolling over" to those other sites are never the smaller prize sweeps. They are always the cream of the crop for that day... the ones that were great finds.

It really "gets my goat" to see these people post something on another site minutes after I have seen their screen name in the members list here. The times match and closely follow the new postings made here.

The best example I can give was when I posted the Jeff Corwin sweep not that long ago. It was a sticky here for weeks... and quickly became a post at the other boards too, even though it had not begun yet. Then, there were problems with that sweep and I saw the same frustrations being posted there and the same response of how they found the sweep that I had posted here. That really burned me up! I certainly didn't have exclusive rights to that sweep, I understand that.. but I searched for that sweep, shared it here before it began, only to find it carted off to that other site within hours of having posted it here myself!

But I digress.... I guess my whole point is... if you are going to be a member here... then be a "full" member here. If you take something posted here to post somewhere else, have enough conscience to leave a little something behind as well. If you are participating at both sites, that's acceptable to me. But just joining to continue the previous practice of "big man on campus" posts somewhere else is not fair to any of the places that you belong, or any of the members of those places. Vist, enter what you want FROM HERE (I often do that at those other sites), but don't dillute the offering by snatching the best posts when you leave. That's like taking home all the sugar packets off the table after your finish your meal at your favorite restraunt.... just because they were available to you while you were dinning.

Belong to many... take from none!

Katie <--- smashing this soap box, I hope :)

yadgirl
July 20th, 2002, 2:35pm
Katie,
I agree with you whole-heartedly.. even to the point that if I share it here, I do not share anywhere else. And if I share it on another board, I do not share it here. (rare, but it happens)

No sweep I find belongs to me, but I worked to find it, and I shared it with the people who I thought would enjoy it most.

I was furious for a while about people coming here to take sweeps, many that the members here worked hard to find. Then it dawned on me.... it is not a rare occurence for the people who find and share to win a prize in the sweeps they share. I've seen it happen over and over again.

Many times I submit sweeps here knowing they'll be in the newsletters next week. I could be the one getting those freebie issues for those sweeps, but freebies aren't that important to me.

I figure you eventually get what you put in..... and you know the rest. :p

kc

Balayeur
July 20th, 2002, 2:36pm
. .:cheer:. .

alwitmayer
July 20th, 2002, 6:36pm
I can take the sugar when I'm finished dining? :eek: Whoa, I never thought of that! Thanks, Katie

Sue
July 20th, 2002, 7:20pm
I'm so embarrassed. I did something today that I have never done before. I took my biscuit home from my lunch, and I took a single packet of jam to go with it. I really wanted honey on the biscuit but it would have been too messy.

Is this a capital crime? I didn't know. No wonder SpamCop has me in SpamJail.

Sue "never took home the sugar or the sweetener or sent spam"

Mare
July 20th, 2002, 8:00pm
Sue,
Ahh, but taking the biscuit home is allowed because it was part of your lunch, and you're entitled to put jelly on it. Now if you're in the habit of eating ten sugar packets for lunch and you run out of time and have to be somewhere else, then you can take the sugar packets to eat later on.

Katie, I totally agree with you, especially when credit is not given where credit is due.

Al, no you cannot take the sugar. You can only take the Sweet 'n Low or Equal or Sugar Twin or Splenda or whatever fake sugar they carry.

Mare "that's what I think" Rivera :smile4:

mcastle
July 20th, 2002, 9:59pm
You're also perfectly entitled to take those little bottles of shampoo etc from the hotel... I mean you *could* need an entire bottle each of shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair each day... but leave the robes, hangers and the tv remote :)

Marnie

jessilynn
July 20th, 2002, 11:06pm
I can honestly say I have never taken a sweep from here and posted it anywhere else so that makes me feel good.

In fact, ya'll have made me think. I don't even post sweeps at what I call my "home" site and I do need to start contributing. And let me say now, thank you all for your hard work and I also need to thank my other buddies and especially to the site owners.

If I can find a sweep before you pro's post it already, for me, I will post it here and my other site. Honestly, my "home" site (the one with the leprechaun;) ) and this site are my two very favorites although I do usually surf through quite a few.

Katie, I don't know if you remember me but I have a really pretty Christmas card from you from the other site. My real name is Kristi and I live in Florida. Do you remember? (Btw, I hope you are doing better with the carpal tunnel and your hands are healing ok)

Oh, one more thing..do you know that I actually don't enter sweeps from here on a regular basis..rather, I spend more time in the sweeps discussion and stuff like that. I have learned quite a few tips and I appreciate it.

Anyhow, from all the different sites... I have met so many nice people and I really just enjoy being part of sweepers and sweepstaking period. I know I will have this hobby for life.

:)