PDA

View Full Version : 2 Round Trip Airline Vouchers for sale

luvscats36
May 26th, 2002, 10:15am
I have 2 round trip airline vouchers good on Jet Blue Airlines each one is valued up to $600,since there is no Jet Blue near me I will have to sell them,To see where this airline flys to and from go to www.jetblue.com, Looking for best offer,Thanks,Val
if interested please email me
luvs2win@iowatelecom.net
These are good for 1 year

Balayeur
May 29th, 2002, 12:02am
Will JetBlue allow you to transfer the ticket/s to someone else ?

Balayeur

Tartallini
May 29th, 2002, 12:36am
After reading the rules today I find that under PRIZES (8.)...

"To Redeem a JetBlue Airways Travel Certificate, Call 1-800-JETBLUE and mention 'Crew Support Certificate'. Redemption of any prize certificate at JetBlue airport ticket counter is not allowed. Free travel certificates are good for roundtrip travel on JetBlue Airways only and must be booked on a single itinerary record. Seats are limited and certain blackout dates may apply. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue's contract of carriage except denied boarding compensation. Certificate has NO CASH VALUE, is not REFUNDABLE and MAY NOT BE SOLD or BARTERED. Lost certificates can not be replaced. Certificates are valid for a maximum of 1 year from the date of issue. The certificate along with your confirmation number and photo ID will be required at airport check-in. NO CASH or OTHER substitution, assignment or TRANSFER of prizes permitted except by JetBlue, who reserves the right to substitute ... winner solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use."

It sounds like it's NOT transferable to me. This presents me with a 6-7 hour drive to the nearest airport, but despite my husband's whining, I plan on using it if only for a weekend!:D

You've got a whole year... maybe you'll win another trip where the vouchers will come in handy?

gcomstock
May 29th, 2002, 1:24am
Andrea, that's standard boilerplate language...for most all airline awards. If someone trades or buys a certificate, and then blabs at the ticket counter when checking in (or in the Jet Blue case, with the telephone redemption person) that they traded or purchased the certificates...there will be problems. But I think if the recipient is informed and discrete...shouldn't be too many problems using bartered / purchased certificates for travel.

With the two Jet Blue coupons that I won (ePrize via Gameshow Network) there was all that same stuff in the rules, and in my phone conversation with the ePrize lady, about the two travellers having to travel on the exact same itinerary, etc. Then when the vouchers arrived...they were blank with no names listed. So I called the 800 number and asked would it be ok if I used both coupons at different times, or if a friend used one from Oakland and I used one from Long Beach. Jet Blue lady said "no problem."

Given the other limitations and hassles with any kind of gc or frequent flyer tickets (time limit, booking restrictions, possible capacity control, etc.) they are certainly worth less than a full retail ticket in an "open market" sense. Yes, the actual travel you use them for may end up being an otherwise pricey ticket...but in general your free travel will probably conform to the travel restrictions for the LEAST costly fares that a given airline offers.

All that said...hoping that everyone gets a nice trip...or some good value... out of their prizes.

Tartallini
May 29th, 2002, 2:50am
George,

I'm sure you are well informed on this one.

I have been looking at the JetBlue flights from Oakland and it appears that if you want to go anywhere except JFK or Dulles you have to have a layover? The flights are limited, and I'm sure there are those out there who could use them more than I could too. I may indeed sell my vouchers too, but I just thought that since the rules stated this, perhaps it would be an issue for the winners to try and sell them. I'm all about vouchers to the highest bidder!

Anyone in the market?

Just out of curiosity... did YOU sell yours?

Thanks for the help.
Andrea

luvscats36
May 29th, 2002, 8:20am
Thanks George,I did email them before accepting the prize and asked if they could be given to someone else and they said that once you recieve the certificates you can do as you like with them,I have had several offer with the best one being $300,Hope you can sell yours too,Good luck,Val