PDA

View Full Version : MySweeps is now LIVE

Brent
March 2nd, 2002, 1:06pm
Hi all,

MySweeps is now up and running. It should be self explanatory, but just in case:

You click on a "MySweeps" button to add a link to your list and the "Remove" button to remove a link from your list. The "MySweeps" buttons are supposed to switch to "Remove" buttons and vice versa when a link is added or removed from your MySweeps list. When you want to view your list, click on any MySweeps link located at the top and bottom of every web page.

If you have Internet Explorer 5+, everything should work fine. Netscape 4 and Opera browsers are a little rough and you might run into some problems (they both have problems switching between "MySweeps" and "Remove" buttons for one thing). I haven't had the chance to check other browsers or non-windows operating systems so if you do use a different browser and/or operating system, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what you experience.

Keep in mind, I have a lot of work to do on MySweeps before it's even close to what the final version will be like, and part of that is getting it to work just as well in browsers other than Internet Explorer 5+. I'm hoping to get a lot of the work done this weekend.

Let me know what you think. Enjoy! :)

Brent

Sue
March 2nd, 2002, 2:01pm
Brent, I'm so happy to see a start. So far it worked like a charm once I had sweeps entered.

If I make the mistake of going there without any sweeps entered or, if god forbid I lose my cookies in the current version, I get a pretty ugly looking screen. You may want to clean that up.

BTW, I have IE Version 6.0.2600.0000 if it makes a difference.

Thank you.

Dee
March 2nd, 2002, 2:13pm
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

LuckyGirl
March 2nd, 2002, 2:29pm
Yay!

JoniHaynes
March 2nd, 2002, 2:43pm
Here is what happens for me: No problem adding sweeps, but I don't have any delete buttons. So, just for the heck of it, I tried to delete using the add button, and I did get a window that said, "link has been deleted." However, the link was not deleted.
Anyway, it's great to have the feature back!

Joni

tknodcmn
March 2nd, 2002, 3:41pm
Good work!! It would be nice to have a counter that shows how many sweeps you have and a counter to show # of entries, but that is just picky-this is a great feature!

Thanks.

tek

lisa54
March 3rd, 2002, 12:32am
It's a-ok with my apple with IE. Thanks Brent for all the great features, and so happy you're back with us.
Lisa:) :) :) :D :D :D

barb1590
March 3rd, 2002, 7:20am
Brent,
Just have to say that this entire site is the best it ever was. When I used to visit, I never used the My Sweeps feature.
What a dream!
Keep up the great work and a million thanks!
Barbara

Sue
March 3rd, 2002, 9:23am
Brent, when I clicked MySweeps today. I got an error message to the effect that there were none saved. If it's OK with you, I'm going to wait a few days before reentering the sweeps.

I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

Tysgrl
March 3rd, 2002, 9:45am
For the past (2) days I am getting this error message. I am not able to add any sweeps to "My Sweeps". If you tell me how to find out what version IE I'm using, I will let you know:)

dj
March 3rd, 2002, 11:23am
Jeannine,
With your browser window open, click on Help which is at the top of the page. Then click on About Internet Explorer. This will show you what version you have. For example, mine is 5.5. You will see a lot of numbers but the first few are the ones that count.

Hope this helps.

Tysgrl
March 3rd, 2002, 11:26am
Thanks D.J.

I have version 6.0.2600.0000is

still having trouble with "My Sweeps"

still loving this site

dogbuddy57
March 3rd, 2002, 7:31pm
Thanks again Brent :-):D

khill
March 4th, 2002, 11:02am
My favorite category is back! Thank you, Sweepsmeister!

Brent
March 4th, 2002, 11:50am
Hi all,

If you see a message that says something like "Oops. Couldn't find any MySweeps in this category." that means there's no sweeps saved in that particular category only (Daily, Single Entry, Weekly, Monthly, ect.). You could still have no MySweeps saved, but that message only applies to the particular category you are currently viewing. BTW, the default category is always Daily.

At the top of each MySweeps page you may have noticed something similar to "MySweeps ID=,244,23,234,". That's your MySweeps cookie with the numbers (separated by commas) representing the sweeps that you have saved. If you can see it, you have MySweeps saved. If you can't see it, you don't have any saved.

If you use any other browser besides Internet Explore 5.5+ on a windows pc, you will more than likely have problems. Some of the code will only work on IE 5.5+ and possibly Netscape 6+. I don't really know about other operating systems, but if you have the latest browser (especially IE) you should be ok.

Once I get a chance, I will make MySweeps less browser/platform independent, so eventually it should work for everyone (more or less).

This weekend, I went through and completely re-wrote the code used to add and delete MySweeps. You probably won't notice a difference, but it should make MySweeps more reliable.

The next big change you'll see for MySweeps will be saving your list on the server instead of solely depending on cookies (I lost my MySweeps cookie twice this weekend). Once I have that done, I will be able to add a whole lot of additional features to MySweeps, and probably fairly quickly. I've got a lot of very cool stuff planned. :)

Thanks everyone!

Kay, I'll always be your Sweepsmeister. Glad to see you back!

Brent

Tessica
March 4th, 2002, 1:59pm
Better than before! Thanks

deakon24
March 4th, 2002, 10:46pm
Thanks for getting MySweeps set up Brent! It continues to be righteous to have you back brother!