PDA

View Full Version : What is the busiest time of year for sweeping?

Christine1225
November 15th, 2004, 1:28pm
I'm fairly new and what time of the year has the most sweeps to enter?

friday
November 15th, 2004, 2:20pm
I would say the end of the year...a LOT of sweeps end on December 31st.

scotte
November 15th, 2004, 2:28pm
I agree. Probably the end of the year due to the number of sweeps expiring.

HASAMA
November 15th, 2004, 2:34pm
i agree and the best time to enter is between thanks giving and new yers less people enter than and your chances are increased

Nickyle
November 15th, 2004, 2:46pm
If you go to this page: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/expired/ and look on the left side you can see the # of expiring sweepstakes (last December 1,999 sweeps ended that month alone!).
Also if you look at those numbers you will see a big increase from year to year on the number of sweepstakes that are being offered online.....wave of the future?

newz77
November 15th, 2004, 3:00pm
If you go to this page: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/expired/ and look on the left side you can see the # of expiring sweepstakes (last December 1,999 sweeps ended that month alone!).
Also if you look at those numbers you will see a big increase from year to year on the number of sweepstakes that are being offered online.....wave of the future?

I think the larger correlation is with advertising spending in general.

More sweeps in December because of holiday ad spending. You can also see a similar surge in back to school ads and sweeps in August and September.

I think that there has been a growth trend - more ad spending in general and more Internet sweeps over the short period of the last several years. I also think the growth in the membership of OLS has led to a growth in sweeps reporting.

I am a bit more cautious about calling it the wave of the future. On the one hand, I think companies are gradually shifting a larger percentage of their ad budget to the Internet, and that means (in part) more sweeps online. However, if you look at a long term historical perspecve, corporate advertising budgets can fluctuate wildly. There are periods, like recessions, where ad budgets can drop precipitously. So we should be grateful that there are lots of sweeps to enter now, but not assume that the number of sweeps will always continue to grow.

darcoca
November 15th, 2004, 3:03pm
I myself am a new sweeper and this info is helpful. The more sweeps the more chances to win.

Maprinces3
November 15th, 2004, 3:16pm
End of years the best

Nickyle
November 15th, 2004, 3:28pm
I think the larger correlation is with advertising spending in general.

More sweeps in December because of holiday ad spending. You can also see a similar surge in back to school ads and sweeps in August and September.

I think that there has been a growth trend - more ad spending in general and more Internet sweeps over the short period of the last several years. I also think the growth in the membership of OLS has led to a growth in sweeps reporting.

I am a bit more cautious about calling it the wave of the future. On the one hand, I think companies are gradually shifting a larger percentage of their ad budget to the Internet, and that means (in part) more sweeps online. However, if you look at a long term historical perspecve, corporate advertising budgets can fluctuate wildly. There are periods, like recessions, where ad budgets can drop precipitously. So we should be grateful that there are lots of sweeps to enter now, but not assume that the number of sweeps will always continue to grow.

Wow, didn't realize that I "assumed", I was just looking at the numbers and speaking in general and "the wave of the future" just seemed to fit. Honestly I didn't think that much about the whole issue, just tried to help the OP. Sorry you took my words so seriously. I just come here each (and every day, every hour, every minute, lol) to enter what there is to enter. It is free and it is fun and I have been rewarded with tons of prizes and friends, good enough for me.

newz77
November 15th, 2004, 3:40pm
Just trying to put things in a larger perspective, not criticize a post that was accurate and informative.