PDA

View Full Version : Check your mailing address at this website.

lifesfun
November 15th, 2004, 2:47am
Here is a website that will check any address and rewrite it in the proper format. This is good for those entering sweeps, just to make sure that any deliveries you win will get to you.

Given a valid U.S. postal address, this server attempts to rewrite the address in the proper format along with the ZIP+4 code

http://www.cedar.buffalo.edu/adserv.html

cbearh
November 15th, 2004, 12:43pm
It's very neat, and thanks for posting...
However...my address DOES NOT EXIST!
ACK! I wonder if this means I wont get some of my wins.. that is, if I ever win them... :frown3:
I'm guessing the problem is that the database being used is from 2002 and I'm in a newer subdivision. So There is no record of my address on file with this database.
Guess we'll see :)

Carrie H

Robrose63
November 15th, 2004, 12:56pm
Thanks for posting, I can never remember the second part of my zip code. :rolleyes:

lifesfun
November 15th, 2004, 1:59pm
It's very neat, and thanks for posting...
However...my address DOES NOT EXIST!
ACK! I wonder if this means I wont get some of my wins.. that is, if I ever win them... :frown3:
I'm guessing the problem is that the database being used is from 2002 and I'm in a newer subdivision. So There is no record of my address on file with this database.
Guess we'll see :)

Carrie H

I think you may be able to check your address through the post office website somehow, not sure how though. Maybe if you go to the post office they can do it for you??

thewildcide
November 15th, 2004, 2:35pm
That's cool! I've got mine right -- except for the zip "+4". :)

darcoca
November 15th, 2004, 2:55pm
Thanks for the info. It will come in handy since I just started doing Sweeps. :)

mamafairal
November 15th, 2004, 3:14pm
Mine was correct and i even knew the +4 zip