PDA

View Full Version : Instants Suck

zoehunter
November 15th, 2004, 1:23am
I am feeling very disgruntled..I enter the instants daily and at different times of the day ..but all is see is SORRY! over and over again...DO you think they are worth the time they take to enter?? ZOe (Bored in nY) :mad2:

carolpie
November 15th, 2004, 1:35am
Yeah, you will win eventually, but it can get boring and discouraging-just like all sweeping. I watch TV while I sweep, but know what you mean.

lifesfun
November 15th, 2004, 1:45am
I think the instants are what keep me interested in sweeping. Even though I don't win that much, when I do win something it's kind of an instant gratification. Just the thrill of the possibility of finding out right away you are a winner is what I like. The other sweeps take so long to find out, so I lose my interest quickly with those. I save my instants for last, after I do my dailys because they are my favorite.

pambanter
November 15th, 2004, 2:34am
you will win instants. You will win something bigger too. But the secret is to just enter every day and not worry about winning. Just enter enter enter.

forrafun
November 15th, 2004, 3:09am
I have been frustrated with instants too. Go months with nothing. But then in the last 4 weeks....3 wins...treo 600 smart phone (worth about 600$), Madden 2205 football game, and ajust tonight I won a $75 GC for ski lift tickets. I'm a skier so this was very nice. Selling the phone to a friend for $300 and the video game will make a nice X-mas gift for my neighbor.

In over 7 yrs of sweeping, I've won lots of nice instants worth about 500-600$. But they can get boring. I usually click the "click here if you can't see the flash movie" link to make the boring ones go way quicker. Also, I too way TV while entering sweeps.

Best of luck and sweep on my friends, sweep on!

RA :toot:

MrsM
November 15th, 2004, 7:17am
It's definitely worth it? It took me like a year to win the Clorox. Just hang in there, eventually you'll win!

dementeddoll
November 15th, 2004, 7:35am
if you look at my wins, youll see the vast majority of them are instants!!

InterplanetJanet
November 15th, 2004, 7:41am
It is worth it if you are willing to stick it out. I won a lot more last year than this year playing the instants. Now I seem to hit it in spurts.

caseycupcake
November 15th, 2004, 7:42am
I've found that doing the instants while I'm still waiting for that first cup of coffee to kick in helps to deaden the sheer boredom of them all. :coffee:

I wouldn't mind losing as much if they would just use bigger lettering on the Sorry

nasteelisa
November 15th, 2004, 8:03am
Keep the faith!!! Almost every single one of my wins are from instants. It took me a few months before I won anything, initially. Wishing many wins for you!

aurora777
November 15th, 2004, 8:21am
I've been heavy into sweeping since February. If it weren't for the Instants, I'd have quit by now. I tend to get frustrated because I enter tons of 1x and Dailies and never win them. But I keep trying. Hope the wins start rolling in for you!

ariel36
November 15th, 2004, 8:47am
I won the Campbell's cruise for 4 on an instant, so, yes, I'd say that seeing all the sorry messages is worth it to ge that big WINNER!

Good luck!

Moonjumper66
November 15th, 2004, 8:52am
Everything I have ever won, has been off an instant, so I can't say that they suck. I usually get a win every 10 days or so. Hey, the way I look at it is, I didnt have the prize BEFORE I hit the submit button, so if I win it.....hooray! As for them being boring or tedius, ok, a little bit. I usually have my mind on twenty different things, anyway...so it doesnt get to me. Good luck with your instants! Play them, they will pay off. :gvibes:

CC1113
November 15th, 2004, 9:03am
I think instants suck too...the only one I do is Clorox...still hoping to win that one! :worry:

TawnyNY
November 15th, 2004, 9:10am
I won a trip to Disney on an instant spin sweep on my first time there.

Talk about your instant gratification!

tiffnat
November 15th, 2004, 9:24am
almost all of my wins are instants-nothing really big-lots of t-shirts(we do like those). keep at it-it takes time. :)

Meloday
November 15th, 2004, 9:44am
most of my wins are instants.

luckysarah
November 15th, 2004, 9:46am
I love the instants, although lately I haven't been winning much.
But without instants most of us wouldn't have nearly as many wins.
You only been here a month, give it time and I'm sure you'll love them too. :smile9:
Good Luck! :gvibes:

dandylin
November 15th, 2004, 9:53am
Over the last year, I've won 1 instant. A stuffed Weiner. I rarely enter them anymore, and when I do, I get bored with them after a week and delete them from my saved sweeps.

kakes
November 15th, 2004, 9:58am
My second instant win was for an Apple iPod20GB from T Mobile, so yes, they are worth it. You never know when that d@mn sorry will flash congrats!!!! Keep at it.. GLTU!

alundra
November 15th, 2004, 10:01am
All my wins (except for one) have been instants... I like them because it is instant gratification (like everyone else said) and because when entering a regular contest (such as a daily or 1x) - you never know when you win.

gr8boysjj
November 15th, 2004, 10:07am
I've never won from an instant.....I know how you feel....
But we have to keep trying.

OhSusannah
November 15th, 2004, 10:11am
I'm not fond of instants either.. they usually aren't very nice to me... but -
when I run out of other contests to enter, I do go try my hand at them occasionally.

stewie5000
November 15th, 2004, 10:14am
The bulk of my wins are instant. I've won at Brawny, Clorox, and T-Mobile to name a few. These are some of the "hard" ones. Just keep plugging away, knowing that 99.8% of the time you'll get a sorry. It makes a win that much more sweet.

bev1132
November 15th, 2004, 10:16am
i enter most every day. it is simply the luck of the draw.
i have won the hogwart express, clorox, home basics, 2005 olympics pin, in 2 years time.
i wish u luck.

Beth
November 15th, 2004, 10:21am
Hey, I am new to this "sweeping", but I have put in so many hours trying to "catch up". I must say the instants are what keep me going - they are quick and sometimes fun. Sure beats a plain form with a wait and see game plan.

NJsunbunny
November 15th, 2004, 10:23am
I personally like the instants! In the past year, I won a DVD player, a mountain bike and a pair of airline tickets to anywhere I want to go in the continental United States not to mention all the t-shirts, kids stuff, video rentals, gift certs, etc......

carogonza
November 15th, 2004, 10:35am
I hate them but can't stop entering them, no matter how frustrated I get.

ContestCowboy
November 15th, 2004, 10:45am
i say if you cant sit here and enjoy entering sweeps you shouldnt be doing it some people will never win and some people will always win it is up to fate but if you get bummed doing it why bother good luck cheers

littlelulu
November 15th, 2004, 11:03am
I know what you mean. I get very discouraged with the instants too. I also get sick of seeing...Sorry, try again tomorrow. Especially when I see all you lucky people posting that you just one something! :laugh:

zoehunter
November 15th, 2004, 11:24am
almost all of my wins are instants-nothing really big-lots of t-shirts(we do like those). keep at it-it takes time. :)

I will let you know if they pay off...as my patience wears thin.//lol...ZOe :halo:

Gaylep
November 15th, 2004, 11:33am
Gotta say that I find them fun!
I love the rush of an instant win.
No expectations and then BAM!
I wouldn't do anything I don't enjoy though.
I dump the ones that I find boring or not worthy :smile9:

Tappi
November 15th, 2004, 11:42am
I look at the instants as just playing a game. I can waste time playing solitairre or I can click on a spinner to see if I won something.

I even play the ones where you have the option of playing or just seeing if you've won. The fun is in the playing! JMHO.

Stagemother
November 15th, 2004, 11:52am
I asked the same question when I was new. I still hardly ever win instants, but there have been 3 or 4, plus 9 "Alexander" movie rentals. At first you may wish to concentrate on the instants with huge numbers of prizes (such as "gimmees") until you get a hit. You'll be less frustrated, you'll win something faster, and you'll then know that instants CAN pay off. (I agree, though, they can be mind-numbing.) :boring: Good luck!

madome
November 15th, 2004, 11:54am
I win every day. I win the chance to TRY AGAIN :laugh: . Love the instants even if I don't win but know one day I will.

Boosbear
November 15th, 2004, 12:13pm
Hang in there....one day that "SORRY" will turn into "YOU ARE A WINNER"!

aurora777
November 15th, 2004, 12:37pm
Got an update on my earlier post. I didn't win any Instants today, but I won TWO little prizes from 1x contests today. Quite the shocker, and quite a thrill. Anyone remember the contest where you had to submit a grilled cheese sandwich recipe? I didn't realize it, but there was a prize awarded for being one of the first 500 entrants. The Flip-it sandwich maker arrived this morning. I also got some hair clips from Suave/Elizabeth Hasselbeck. I have waist-length hair, so this was a cool prize for me. Thanks, sponsors, and know that persistance does pay off. GLTA!

pinkDaisy
November 15th, 2004, 12:45pm
i agree, instants suck, but for some reason i keep plugging away at 'em! :)

sbonlee
November 15th, 2004, 1:00pm
every once in a while I get a win. Just hang in a while. I won an ipod worth $300 from the OXYROCKS instant a few months ago.