PDA

View Full Version : please help

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 4:12pm
I hope I am allowed to do this, if not, just delete it. Thank you:

There is a contest that I really want to win, it is for a bunch of Playstation game, by my favorite author, yes he is an author of a world wide known book, and makes game, movies, and is a veteran.

The contest is the best contest I have seen, and I know most people would not want to enter, because it is for teenagers, that are mainly why I want to enter it.

The problem is that you have to live in Canada, which I do not, that is why I am unsure if it is legal or not. Is it ok to ask if someone can enter for me? If they win, I promise to find a way to repay them as soon as I finally win any contest.

Thank you for listening to my problem, and I hope someone will enter for me.

Here: http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/contests/g3/index.html

Thanks

Sextant
November 14th, 2004, 4:27pm
Tom Clancy is my favorite also. I wish I could help you, I would enter for you if I lived there.

jpb4919
November 14th, 2004, 4:28pm
It's best to abide by the rules. Good luck! :sherlock:

Karen_246
November 14th, 2004, 4:30pm
It best to abide by the rules. Good luck! :sherlock:

Yes it is ~ also wanted to let the original poster know that quite a few sponsors are members here (not saying if this one is or not because it's hard to tell who is who unless they use the same member name), or they pay people to report back to them, and you could be dq'ing people in Canada - or making the sponsor end the contest all together.

Karen

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 4:33pm
Karen should I delete it, and give up?

And sextant- thanks I love his book too.

Karen_246
November 14th, 2004, 4:34pm
That is up to you ~ just wanted to give you a heads-up on it.

:)

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 4:39pm
Thank you, for the help, but I will keep it for a little while longer, and if any one comments on it, I will delete it, ok?

Thank you again.

ContestCowboy
November 14th, 2004, 4:56pm
well i live in canada and ive been entering this sweep but sorry i too love clancy hehe but good luck it is kinda funny all the good sweeps i want to enter are for usa only i guess it goes both ways good luck cheers :cheer7:

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 5:05pm
hi contest cowboy, thank for reply (i am tring to reply yo all replies), and If you have any contest in Ameryca you want me to enter, I will for you, so thanks for repling.

halogen
November 14th, 2004, 5:21pm
Are we going to have Americans being proxy entrants for Canadians, and vice-versa? Not a good idea. People should just go along with the plan, and not risk irritating sweepstakes sponsors.

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 5:57pm
... fine give me a day, and if noone want to help me, I will give up, how is that?

halogen
November 14th, 2004, 6:21pm
... fine give me a day, and if noone want to help me, I will give up, how is that?

If you think it's wrong, why wait? Delete your question now. If you don't think it's wrong, why give up?

ContestCowboy
November 14th, 2004, 6:29pm
just go and buy the silly games lol

Cinz
November 14th, 2004, 6:32pm
If someone from Canada is willing to enter for you, don't let the online police deter you.

halogen
November 14th, 2004, 6:38pm
If someone from Canada is willing to enter for you, don't let the online police deter you.

What online police? The OP asked for opinions, and that's what (s)he got.

lndupu
November 14th, 2004, 10:42pm
Thank you halogen, contestcowboy, and cinz for your opions, but I am happy to say this that I will folow halogen's idea. I choose this because the answer seemed as if it was well thought out, and wise, plus it was for me and antime? So if anyone in cananda wants to help, I am still looking.