PDA

View Full Version : How Faithful are you? (to sweeping!)

angndon
November 14th, 2004, 11:31am
I try to sweep everyday. But there are days when I get busy and I end up missing my dailys

Kimberly
November 14th, 2004, 11:43am
My category doesn't exist. I was a diehard sweeper until my pc at my weekday home kicked the bucket, now I only get to sweep on the weekends unless I go to the library.

ResourcePress
November 14th, 2004, 11:56am
Nearly every day.

wildbirds
November 14th, 2004, 11:58am
I enter every single day. I've been here about 14 months and have only missed 3 days of sweeping when I couldn't be around a computer.

meikman
November 14th, 2004, 12:05pm
I would sweep everyday but to keep the peace with my husband I don't when he is home.

KRYSTALDIXIE
November 14th, 2004, 12:09pm
I sweep every day, since I have joined this site. I also tell everyone how great this site is. I just cant wait to trun green. I may have to wait till after Christmas, cause I am on disability and trying to bring kids here for the holiday. But I try to get all the sweeps I can. I won some nice things even though I am not green. Good Luck to everyone and keep on sweeping. And not the floors. lol. :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

kakes
November 14th, 2004, 12:17pm
I hack at it every single day and have yet to miss an entry since I began in late Aug. :worry: Will be heading out of town for only a few short days after the holidays but hoping to jump on a 'puter there to make sure I stay caught up.. how sad is that? :laugh: Then again, take a look at my wins list and you'll see why I just can't stop. GLTA through the end of the Holiday Season and wishing you too many wins :cheer7:

Merana123
November 14th, 2004, 12:19pm
If I didn't work I'd be an obsessed fool - drooling and foaming at the mouth! Still I enter daily and spend 5-6 hours on Sunday getting caught up on any I've missed. :type:

Maprinces3
November 14th, 2004, 12:23pm
I rarely miss a day!

Missed the days computer was down during move, and while in the hospital...

angndon
November 14th, 2004, 12:29pm
Hey you look green to me ;)

I sweep every day, since I have joined this site. I also tell everyone how great this site is. I just cant wait to trun green. I may have to wait till after Christmas, cause I am on disability and trying to bring kids here for the holiday. But I try to get all the sweeps I can. I won some nice things even though I am not green. Good Luck to everyone and keep on sweeping. And not the floors. lol. :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

DisneyFan
November 14th, 2004, 12:37pm

You look green to me too... I sweep everyday - but depending on the day I don't always have time to do all my dailies. I play "catch up" on the weekends when I'm on most of the day. I need to stay away from the forums so I can keep caught up on my sweeping! :gvibes:

Tappi
November 14th, 2004, 12:45pm
Interesting poll!

Here's another I'd like to know from those answering:

If you consider yourself in the "compulsive" or "obsessed" category, do you feel so compulsive or obsessed as to enter sweeps that you really don't give a hoot about the prizes? Will you enter for things you don't want just to enter?

I answered "obsessed" but I am obsessive only about the sweeps I want to win. I entered 70 today and after reading the board I will start visiting the new sweeps sections on this and other sites. But when I'm done for the day, I'm done and I move on to other things. I can see though how some people might not be able to tear themselves away from searching and entering. The first week or so I was sweeping I did that. It is addictive.

Tappi

sorceress
November 14th, 2004, 12:56pm
I do at least the new ones everyday but sometimes miss the dailies. :worry: That's when I go through withdrawal. :smile9:

KMP
November 14th, 2004, 12:57pm
I enter the instants faithfully, but my dailys, I am off and on entering them. But I do make it a point to enter all the new sweeps. :gvibes:

pinkyaz
November 14th, 2004, 12:58pm
In the beginning, which was only a few months ago, I entered EVERYTHING! Now I only enter what what I want.. but am totally obsessed. Now that I have started winning small things, my hubby even asks me everday if I've done my dailies yet. I'm hooked!

Tappi
November 14th, 2004, 1:02pm
In the beginning, which was only a few months ago, I entered EVERYTHING! Now I only enter what what I want.. but am totally obsessed. Now that I have started winning small things, my hubby even asks me everday if I've done my dailies yet. I'm hooked!

LOL! Sounds like your husband is too!

My daughter kinda rolls her eyes and laughs at me for entering. I can't wait 'til I win something to show her its worth it. Hear that sweepstakes gods? I need to win something!

TheCatLady
November 14th, 2004, 1:03pm
I sweep often, but most certainly not everyday. I average one prize win per week and my experience has been that there isn't much difference in the "quality" of prizes between someone who religiously enters everyday and someone who enters "often" -- I think the daily devotees might win more in the quantity category but on balance, when you compare the actual end of the month or end of the year tallies for both groups, they're about the same.

You need to "push from the table" occassionally to avoid sweeper burnout. By entering "often" as opposed to 24/7, sweeping remains a hobby, rather than a chore.

I've been doing this long enough to know that if I keep my pipeline full of entries, the prizes will come ... eventually ... No need to fret if you have to take sanity breaks here and there

pat ramey
November 14th, 2004, 1:10pm
every day, without fail, 502 of them

chancebunny
November 14th, 2004, 1:10pm
I sweep everyday, always entering a few of the new day's listings, and I usually enter a few of my weekly and monthly sweeps everyday. I also enter my dailies everyday, but usually only manage to get through the first page of my sweeps, and sometimes not even the whole page. I hang out in the forums so much that it doesn't leave a lot of time for sweeping. And having an old, slow computer and dial-up doesn't help either.

Tappi
November 14th, 2004, 1:11pm
Sounds like good advice Catlady! I haven't been doing this long enough to get burned out but I can see how it can happen.

I do my sweeps first, then I get on with my day, but I don't sit here at the computer and do them until they are finished. I take frequent breaks to do other things - I don't stay on for more than half an hour at a time then I take a break and come back to it. I actually set a timer so I know when my 30 mins is up. When it buzzes I know exactly the chore/errand/whatever I want to accomplish is then I get back on for another 30. Its like a reward system and keeps me from spending more time sweeping than I should be. When I'm done my sweeps, I look around and I am also done with a small list of chores too. Its like a double accomplishment.

What do the rest of you do? How do you go about getting all your sweeps done?

Gaylep
November 14th, 2004, 1:14pm
I am here everyday! I love it! But, if I'm busy or have to work or do something else I do it. I would leave for vacation or a business trip and not sweep. (but I would definately think about it now and again) I stopped sweeping in January for almost two weeks because I was out of town. I must say when I'm home I sweep daily, instants, new posts and dailies. Let not forget our voting section etc. I enjoy it and it's a break from work. Plus the added bonus of OLS friends here! :gvibes:

Tappi
November 14th, 2004, 1:14pm

It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to do 70. Then another hour to search for and enter new sweeps (I try to enter at least one new sweep per day) and read the messages.

If you do 502, you must be at it all day! How much time do you estimate you spend a day doing sweeps?

sixofus
November 14th, 2004, 1:22pm
i enter every day and have only missed one day since i found this wonderful place couple months ago. i am on and off through out the day since i have to keep up with the housework and kiddos. i just enter things we want or could use.

Trivia
November 14th, 2004, 1:31pm

You have 502 dailies/instants? Wow!

I am pretty darn faithful to my dailies/instants but once in a while I'll take a day off, like yesterday. Next weekend, I'll be out of town on business, and no access to OLS :(
But I am winning here and there, so I will be back to my compulsive/obsessive self Sunday afternoon.

Trivia aka Suzie :)

blu_iyz
November 14th, 2004, 1:32pm
I try to sweep as much as I can, but there's usually 2 or 3 days a week when I don't get to it.

TheCatLady
November 14th, 2004, 2:08pm

I think the natural sssumption is that a person who enters 502 times daily (Pat) will be more successful at this hobby than someone who enters 40-50 times daily (me) -- which isn't always the case. The strategy for success in sweeping is to often enter those sweepstakes which offers the highest probability of winning while requiring the least investment of time (locals, regionals, skill contests etc.).

If I have to enter sweepstakes 6-8 hours a day for 2 years in order to win a car valued at $25k, then it's a zero sum game. Considering the law of diminishing return, I would've actually "lost" money entering sweeps since had I worked a full-time job over that same period of time, I would have made more $$$$ employed than by entering sweeps (Geez, I'm starting to sound like Gomez).

Don't assume that entering sweepstakes is free, because of no postage stamp investments. You CAN quantify and put a price on your time. This hobby works much better for retirees, students, SAHM's etc. than for working professionals who still have a price on their head (no disrespect meant to the SAHM's).

The speculative nature of sweepstakes makes them a poor source of income -- Tally up the ARV's of prizes you've won divided by the investment of hours -- Then ask yourself: Am I a smart sweeper? Am I reaping maximum benefits from this hobby? If not, you might need to tweak your strategies in 2005.

Moonjumper66
November 14th, 2004, 3:21pm
I enter everyday, basically obsessed. I do pick and choose which ones I enter though...I only have 83 in MySweeps. Not interested in trips, so I tend to stay away from those. :)

luckysarah
November 14th, 2004, 3:54pm
Just about every day for the last year. I miss a few days now and then but I love this place too much to stay away for long. :gvibes:

Miki
November 14th, 2004, 4:00pm
This is sad, look at the results LOL. I am a compulsive sweeper, enter everyday and all through the day when I have time.

Merana123
November 14th, 2004, 4:08pm
I wonder if anyone here would qualify to star on VH1's "Totally Obsessed" show. If anyone here has seen the show you know you have to be TOTALLY obsessed to make it on there! Anyone think they have what it takes? :laugh:

spideygirl2222
November 14th, 2004, 4:11pm
When I first started sweeping a few months ago, I was more obsessive about it, but then I started getting a little burned out a few weeks ago, and it was becoming a chore to enter all of the dailies..... Now I just go through all of the new ones and enter the ones I like, and only enter a few dailies if I have the time and feel like it.
I admit, I'm most interested in the contest-type sweeps, as I feel that I've actually got a shot at those, if I can just be creative enough!

skennedy62
November 14th, 2004, 4:13pm
I try to sweep everyday. But there are days when I get busy and I end up missing my dailys

Me too. :halo:

JanMarie
November 14th, 2004, 4:20pm
I'm more married to my sweeps than I ever was to my ex-husbands. I'm more faithful to my dailies than I've ever been to my ex-boyfriends. I'm more devoted to my contests than I am to my housework (no big surprise there). I know to the day when my monthlies are due :laugh:

If I ever win a trip, I'll have to buy a laptop so I don't go through sweepers-withdrawal.

mommamia
November 14th, 2004, 4:44pm
I may have to apply the 12 Steps of addiction to sweeping soon. But it has yet to wreck my family life. :laugh:

I have yet to miss a day since August. While it is true that all my entering has not translated into wins..... I enjoy giving myself a chance (however small) to have a car, trip, boat, house cleanings, or jewelry that I have no chance at getting otherwise. :supstar:

And I only enter the things I want....or could give to someone close to me as a gift.

ele
November 14th, 2004, 6:06pm
I have to sweep every day - I just don't feel right if I miss 'em.

sisishi
November 14th, 2004, 7:29pm
I try to sweep daily, but some days I can't, When you work 40 hours plus all the house chores, but I love to sweep.