PDA

View Full Version : How do you enter? In what order?

zoehunter
November 12th, 2004, 12:37pm
Every day when I wake up..I enter the top ten contests (daily)..then I look at expiring...and then new...if I have time i go through the dailies one at a time by rating ...

How do you do it? In what order? Preferences..IS there some order that works the best..share please..Zoe :hello:

BroncosMom
November 12th, 2004, 12:39pm
When I get online the first thing I do is enter all the daily's I have saved in my sweeps, then I do the unlimiteds for a while, then the 24hr, and then I go and do the sweeps that were new yesterday then I do unlimited again. Use MySweeps it'll organize them all for you!!! GL!!

Julie

ContestCowboy
November 12th, 2004, 12:41pm
i save all contests to my pc and sort them in files everyday i start with my dailys then i go from there

BroncosMom
November 12th, 2004, 12:45pm
i save all contests to my pc and sort them in files everyday i start with my dailys then i go from there

Whoa that sounds like a lot of work!!! How come you just don't use MySweeps? Is your way easier cause if you have some deep forlorn secret do share hehehehehe

blues2u
November 12th, 2004, 1:04pm
Well, here goes. I start with yesterdays new sweeps to catch any I missed after I was online last, the times vary. Then I go to mysweeps and do my daily's (wk. & mo.), after which I do the current days new sweeps. The next day I do it all over again. :boring: The important thing here is enter, enter, enter. :gvibes:

zoehunter
November 12th, 2004, 1:11pm
but in the order of importance...first the dailys by rating...and then by newness...and expiring...:) I usually do searches at some point for Italy and cars...(one i need the other i dream about) ..lol..Zoe :gift:

tiffnat
November 12th, 2004, 1:16pm
instants first, then new sweeps, expiring sweeps, my sweeps-maybe if I changed this order around I would have better luck! :)

Scibba
November 12th, 2004, 1:20pm
New since I was last at OLS, starting from yesterday -- then today new sweeps - then my daily - then 24 hours, then weekly (if it's Monday) then Monthly (if it's the first of the month) - then I search for new sweeps on the internet - then I just browse the forums, waiting for new sweeps to be added

hvnlydevil
November 12th, 2004, 1:21pm
I do the simple entries in my sweeps at work. When I get home-I go through todays new ones and add the dailys I am interested in-then my sweeps dailys then do the previous days 1X sweeps. Might peek at expiring for the next day-to see if I missed any- cuz it seems a lot of ones expiring that same day are already over. With dial-up it takes a while. But now I can actually wait for the mail hoping for something fun instead of a box of bills!! :laugh:
:gvibes:

kingmiller
November 12th, 2004, 1:37pm
The first thing I do when I get up is check today's sweeps. Then My Sweeps dailys and weekly, monthly, depending on the day. Then I usually go back through the singles, and others to see if there's any I missed that may sound interesting another time around. The more you enter, the more chances you have of winning. Of course, that hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm optimistic. :gvibes:

Moonjumper66
November 12th, 2004, 1:58pm
I do expiring ones first. Then go thru all of MySweeps. Not till the end of the day do I start looking at the new sweeps. Then when I am done with that, I tend to do searches for what I want to win...ie cash, computers, grills...in case I missed any. :)

ISLABONITA
November 12th, 2004, 9:39pm
Expiring for that day and the next one ( dailies ) , All Daily instants, then My daily cash sweeps, then I go through the most recent added expiring sweeps ( end of the list ). On the weekends I go through all My Daily & weekly sweeps

Skad4Life
November 12th, 2004, 9:56pm
I have actually been thinking about what would be the best way to enter.

What I want to do is enter all my dailies, then enter all expiring others that I'm interested in.

Doesn't work that way because I don't have the time. I have 250 dailies, and only have time to enter them all about twice a week. Therefore I need to think of a good way to enter just up to 50 'most important' dailies every day. I'll probably bookmark them and go through them that way.

Good thread, I'll read through it again later and see if others have come up with good systems.

Melli

jenninshelby
November 12th, 2004, 10:05pm
First thing I do when I come to the site is check in the new sweeps being added that day. If there are good daily's I go ahead and enter them and add em to my sweeps. Then I go to the day before's sweeps and get all those done. Then I go to my sweeps. Hit show all and some days do them all and most days I just do what I feel like doing.

kakes
November 12th, 2004, 10:14pm
open MY SWEEPS and work like a nut opening up to five - eight at a time and busting through them.. do another five+ and another five+ until all three hundred, at 25 per page, are DONE.. takes me just under two hours of bum numbing clicking but when its over ITS over.. : ) I hit the instants before bed if I make it past midnight.. if not then I do them first before MY SWEEPS... before bed I do newly added TODAYS sweeps.. as for expiring sweeps.. I seem to be caught up with all of them after a few months of sweeping and dont go into them anymore.. I checked through the 500+ at the end of Oct. and seemed to have seen them all before.. GLTU in whatever method works best.. being a member and using MY SWEEPS is the ONLY way I would go ... so easy and so simple.. and well worth the pennies a day ...

herrinfamily
November 12th, 2004, 10:31pm
My daily sweeps are in alphabetical order. I enter them first. If pressed for time I just enter the ones I "really" would like to win. Since there are over 290, anything else I have time for is pure gravy.

greensthings
November 12th, 2004, 10:52pm
My day goes kinda like this;
alarm goes off at 5:30, I make coffee, do expiring sweeps, get the kids up, make breakfast, get them out the door, do new sweeps, check out the forums, do some housework, (do my weeklys) noon, hubby gets up, watches soaps, insists I join him (I usually end up napping), make lunch, get him ready to go to work, get him out the door, read the forums, do the instants, kids come home from school, help them with homework, make sure they get their chores done, then they either play outside, Nintendo or watch TV, get dinner started, read the forums, kids eat supper, and sit down to watch TV, I start my dailies,get about 1/2 through and it is time for baths and bed, finish my dailies, read the forums, hubby comes home at 12:30 am, talk about our days (his work, what I entered, won, what the kids where up too), he gets on the comp, he does the expiring sweeps and his instants (I am watching TV, usually the shows I had the kids tape for me), he finishes, we snuggle for awhile, (by this time it is around 3 am) go to bed..repeat

CC1113
November 12th, 2004, 10:59pm
Can someone tell me how to use My Sweeps??

ContestCowboy
November 12th, 2004, 11:22pm
Whoa that sounds like a lot of work!!! How come you just don't use MySweeps? Is your way easier cause if you have some deep forlorn secret do share hehehehehe

well i have tons of sweeps from other sweep sites other then ols this way i dont have to bounce around sites i have them all ready to do i delete them as they expire and i keep adding new ones daily to my folders it is a constant battle lol goodluck to you all

tupik3702
November 12th, 2004, 11:23pm
enter on the new sweeps second...then to the instances...then dailys, then different things on different days...My quote...Enter Everything and Enter Often!!! :)

sorceress
November 12th, 2004, 11:38pm
I check yesterdays sweeps that I may have missed then I do the new ones for the day, then dailys, then check top 100, and on Saturday I do weekly. Then if I have time I look at what other sweeps I can do. :sweat:

rocksea_lady
November 13th, 2004, 12:11am
WOW I had no idea there were so many ways of doing this!! LOL I enter the 24 hr first usually because I start late some days so they get pushed off. Then I enter all my dailies. I enter my weeklies on Wed and all my monthlies on the 15 if it doesn't fall on a Wed. I try on Sun night to do expiring sweeps and usually can get to do most of the expiring ones that are listed. I do the whole week at once and mostly the ones I haven't entered are the 1x. I try then when I do the new ones to remember the date I am up to on expiring so that I don't miss one (does this make sense??) I rarely do the new ones on the first day. Good Luck and Happy Sweeping!!

Skad4Life
November 13th, 2004, 7:21am
Then I go to my sweeps. Hit show all and some days do them all and most days I just do what I feel like doing.

Is there a way of showing only subcategories of My Sweeps, such as sort them by prizes?

I would *love* to be able to set 50 or so favorites, and have them show up via special sorting option in My Sweeps for those days I don't have time to enter them all.

There are some good strategies here... a lot to think about.
Melli