PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster buying Hollywood video - history channel wins?

frogifer
November 12th, 2004, 8:19am
The news this morning said that Blockbuster may be buying out Hollywood video. Do you think this will affect all of our History Channel free rental wins? I also have a $25gc from the T-mobil instant that hasn't come yet. THey better accept them!!

Nickcoty
November 12th, 2004, 8:34am
Yay!!!! I don't have any Hollywood Videos near me but I do have a Blockbuster! I hope they will honor the free rental wins...... :cheer7:

NJsunbunny
November 12th, 2004, 8:34am
That would be awesome! I won about 20 free rentals but the nearest Hollywood Video is about 25 minutes away with traffic and lights!!! I told my sister she could have them but we could end up using them at Blockbuster I'll split them with her!!!! I'm sure with the number of free rental coupons they were giving out that they would do something to compensate the winners!!!

pinkDaisy
November 12th, 2004, 8:35am
That would be awesome! I won about 20 free rentals but the nearest Hollywood Video is about 25 minutes away with traffic and lights!!! I told my sister she could have them but we could end up using them at Blockbuster I'll split them with her!!!! I'm sure with the number of free rental coupons they were giving out that they would do something to compensate the winners!!!

DITTO!!!

:laugh: LOL!! Brick is a far ride from here

kingoftheroad
November 12th, 2004, 8:41am
Yay!!!! I don't have any Hollywood Videos near me but I do have a Blockbuster! I hope they will honor the free rental wins...... :cheer7:
Me either. The closest one to me would be almost an hour away. That would be great if we could use them at Blockbuster. I have one of those close to me. I'll just have to get a membership. :)

klf113
November 12th, 2004, 8:56am
I was thinking the same thing thsi mornign when I saw it on the news! If they accept the Hollywood free rentals, that would be awesome!

egreca
November 12th, 2004, 8:59am
They should accept them. I worked at another video chain that was bought out by blockbuster. They didn't change the name of the old one to Blockbuster for about three years. (I was out of school by then.) We accepted coupons with both company names.

mongoose
November 12th, 2004, 1:46pm
what amazes me is they actually built a Hollywood video a few months ago about 3 blocks from Blockbuster. I am sure they will close one down

laraedo
November 12th, 2004, 1:49pm
Blockbuster is close to me, I won some Hollywood rentals and was gonna trade them when they came in. Don't know now

suziebee20
November 12th, 2004, 2:03pm
Well... if our Hollywood changes into a Blockbuster, they will probably take it down. There is a Blockbuster video here, then about 1 block down there is a Hollywood video. Then about a 5 minute walk away by the WalMart, there is another Blockbuster! It's pretty silly to have two Blockbusters that close.

FaygoPop
November 12th, 2004, 2:18pm
I would be glad because although we have both here, I only have a membership at Blockbusters...

Also, a little kudo for BB...I received an X-Box version of Tony Hawk Underground 2 today from my Sobe win and I called BB to see if they would exchange it for a PS2 version and they said, "Yes!" and I went down right away, baby in tow, to exchange it for our older son:)

So, hat's off to Blockbuster!!!

:toot: