PDA

View Full Version : Win notification in subject line

Cahaba Lily
November 11th, 2004, 2:33pm
I search my e-mails and junk-mail folders everday to see if I've won something, so far as I know I've never been notified. I'm curious, for those of you that have had a e-mail notification of a win, what did the subject line in your mail box say? Or, what other thing may have prompted you to open it? I would like some examples so I'll recognize a win when I get it! :gvibes:

duknuk
November 11th, 2004, 2:42pm
Congratulations - You're a winner in the ... sweepstakes.

superman0094
November 11th, 2004, 2:43pm
Mine had someone's name in the FROM line that I didn't recognize but it was a real persons name.
This was the subject line: You have won* a prize in the BellSouth® FastAccess® DSL Trivia Challenge Sweepstakes
AND it had an attachment which was the AFFY

It stuck out like a sore thumb through all the junk.

Shooter
November 11th, 2004, 2:45pm
Congratualtions, you have won a prize from . . .

Sweepstakes winner!

Good news from Cartoon Networs and NASCAR.

You won!

guruwan2b
November 11th, 2004, 2:46pm
A lot of them have the sponsor or name of the sweep in the subject line.

The Yahoo one did. So did the ET Online ones.

Here are some actual subjects from emails that I received:
Congratulations - You are a winner in the Vive tu Musica promotion
Chiclets - Party Like A Square Sweepstakes
The History Channel Instant Win Game - Prize Information
Congratulations! You're on a roll. (Mc Donald's)
"Watch Whatcha Want" Giveaway (nick)
SouperStar Winner (Campbells)

pltprincess
November 11th, 2004, 2:50pm
Some of my email subject lines have been very clear that I won:

You've Won a Prize in The 'GRIND/ANCHOR BLUE' Flyaway Sweepstakes!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have won from Vh1's A2Z Summer's End Sweepstakes!

while other were not specific about the winning status but did mention the contest:

STAR_Dr.Bombay Swimwear Contest

I tend to open ALL my emails just in case!

sorceress
November 11th, 2004, 2:51pm
From: Editor Subject line had: You're an EBgames.com Prizewinner

Robrose63
November 11th, 2004, 2:54pm
Some have the name of the givaway in the subject line. :cool2:

AMOREEENA
November 11th, 2004, 2:56pm
Here's the subject line of an email I rec'd two days ago...

" Good News from Cartoon Network and Vivendi Universal Games! "

mgkamish
November 11th, 2004, 3:14pm
They really do stick out. They are from real people and have the companies .com address in their email. The subject line is congrats or something like that but - it's hard to explain - you can just tell it isn't a canned spam-o-gram. Hope you get lots so you know what it's like! (Not spam - winning emails!)

prizelover16
November 11th, 2004, 3:22pm
Here are a few of mine with the "from" first and the "subject line" 2nd:
Strong, Stephen - You Won - Law & Order CI, Season 3
Cartoon Network - Prize Acceptance Form Confirmation
MonstersHD(Voom) - It's Alive Monsters HD Sweepstakes Update
Santos, Rick - You're A Winner! acctop40.com
GivingAwayTheGood - You/'ve Won!

(the slash above was actually part of the phrase sent!)

So...The Monsters HD letter could have been missed since it just says it is an update! Also...the acctop40 win letters (I've had two) come into my junk folder! Be careful when you go through your e-mails!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps!!!!!!!

Kathleenob
November 11th, 2004, 3:22pm
NYTimes: The Leslies swear by "moral absolutes," support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and mostly watch Fox News. Mr. Leslie has also watched his income drop from $55,000 to $35,000 since 2001, forcing himself, his wife and his three young children into the ranks of what he calls the "working poor." Maybe by 2008 some Democrat will figure out how to persuade him that it might be a higher moral value to worry about the future of his own family than some gay family he hasn't even met.

AMEN.

Hkleinva
November 11th, 2004, 3:29pm
1. [SPAM] Congratulations, you're a winner in The Hang with Dave Mirra Instant Win Game!
(from fulfillment@eprize.net).
2. Good News from Cartoon Network and NASCAR! (from Cartoon Network Prize Fulfillment)
3.You're a Winner in Clairol's Lucky Spin Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game!
4.Congrats! You're a winner in the Slim Jim ''Snap into the Music'' Instant Win Game!

Lacey888
November 11th, 2004, 3:39pm
"none"

I actually had to open the email to find out that I had won. :rolleyes: This was from a MAJOR company, but maybe the promotions company got to keep the prizes that were not awarded???

roserpa
November 11th, 2004, 3:52pm
My ONLY email notification read in the subject line Best Western - and nothing else!!! So I am glad that I opened it because I needed to contact them ($500 BW gift card). So NOW I check them more closely.

R

bejeweledbugg
November 11th, 2004, 4:16pm
most of mine have been instant wins but its usually congratulations or winner sometimes is just weird like the teflon email alot of us got having our info and thanking us for our order well it turns out its a win from the teflon dupont grill cheese sweeps the first 500 entries i think got a sandwhich maker

greensthings
November 11th, 2004, 4:24pm
Because I have had a few that either are not clear that they are wins, or ones that say "you are a winner" and turn out to be spam..I use eprompter to read my mail with. It is a text only reader, that lives by the clock in the tool bar, it is free, and will tell me at a glance how many emails are in yahoo, hotmail, msn, any pop3 I have (basically it works on every email service but gmail...and they are working on that! But gmail now has its own text reader/notifier) you can reply to mail from it as well!
anyway, if you are interested, you can find it (and more info about it) at www.eprompter.com
to me it is a lifesaver as between my husband and we have about 10 email addys (and he sweeps too!)
Edited to add..IT IS FREE! and with so many email virus's going around, it is a very safe way to read your mail, as it will not read attachments or pictures (you have to open your web based email service for that, or outlook. But this is a great way to easily sort your mail (I have never had a congratulations email in just pictures!)

BrookeH1
November 11th, 2004, 4:25pm
I got a win a few months ago that I wouldn't have opened normally, it was displayed already in my bulk folder in Outlook. This was from The Queen of Surf Giveaway-SG Magazine. It just said ASG in the from field with no subject line. In the message it said congrats you have won our QOS giveaway. If you do not reply within fourteen (14) days to
claim your prize a new winner will be picked. It was from Virginia at ASG and gave a phone number. I was lucky I opened it! I open most now.

Gaylep
November 11th, 2004, 4:37pm
Lots of different things:

But Most do tell you your a winner in some by in what they have written though.

Re: Please Respond: Contest Entry Confirmation Needed...
Re: Mix 106.5 Hair Today Gone Tomorrow Winner...
Re: Cookie of the Month Winners..
Re: Congratulations - you are a winner in the Chevrolet(R)....
Re: The History Channel Instant Win Game - Prize Information

Kathleenob
November 11th, 2004, 5:30pm
NYTimes: The Leslies swear by "moral absolutes," support a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and mostly watch Fox News. Mr. Leslie has also watched his income drop from $55,000 to $35,000 since 2001, forcing himself, his wife and his three young children into the ranks of what he calls the "working poor." Maybe by 2008 some Democrat will figure out how to persuade him that it might be a higher moral value to worry about the future of his own family than some gay family he hasn't even met.

AMEN.

I am sorry- I was just commenting on the great sig line- didn't mean to distract.

Cahaba Lily
November 11th, 2004, 5:30pm
There seems to be a wider range of info in subject lines than I would have thought! I appreciate your time in answering this thread and would be grateful for more examples. I am sure I am not the only one at OLS that is curious about this! Even people who have stated that they stick out, aren't you surprised that a poster found one that had "no subject"? Since there is no mail service today, schools and alot of companies are closed on Veterans day, I thought it would be informative to hear from veteran and new sweepers alike on this subject. :gvibes:

newz77
November 11th, 2004, 5:50pm
You're A Winner in the 4Anything Sweepstakes! (the BIGGEST one)
You are a winner!
Your Phonecard Prize
$500,000 Instant Win Game Prize Winner!
Your Prize is Ready to Claim
Fudge Shoppe Kid's Choice Sweepstakes
Your Spoils are Here!

I like the last one best for style - it was for a $10 prize in a treasure hunt game I played.

DoveBran
November 11th, 2004, 6:05pm
I guess you just have to open each one - which I usually dont do but will start

tawneej
November 11th, 2004, 6:14pm
My favorite winning subject line, received by my 6-year-old:

"Subject: Micro Machines Grand Prize Winner-Please respond to collect your prize! 1st Call then Email"

Turned out he won a 2004 Mini Cooper! (ARV $18,000) :jump:

gcomstock
November 11th, 2004, 6:14pm
The best ones are clear and obvious. But I've had some that had the Sender as either an unrecognized name, or generic title like "Fufillment" and even some with the title as "none." Whenever win notices are sent in a way that risks their getting deleted as spam, I include some gentle chiding / advice in my response. Those dear sweet sponsors are sometimes idiots, and we sweepsers gotta stick together!

sweepyhead
November 11th, 2004, 6:32pm
I save the winning emails and I'll share my subject lines collection.

RE: General Mills Sweepstakes Response Required
Camp eBay has sent you an eBay Gift Certificate!
OCZ Monthly Giveaway
ESPN Radio College Gameday Winner
You are a winner in the Best Simpsons Game Ever sweepstakes
Lucky Breaks WINNER!
Rembrandt Lucky Breaks Giveaway
ICE CONTEST WINNER!!!
You are an OP Newport Classic Prize Winner
DVD Verdict's Heroes Are Made, Not Born Contest
You Won a Prize!
Your Child Has Won the Danimals XL "Win & Chill with the Stars" Sweepstakes!
You are a winner in Ford's ''What's Your Music Scene?'' promotion!
Parents.com Sweepstakes Winner Notification -- Beauty Supplies
Hanes ComfortSoft Spin for Comfort Instant Win Sweepstakes
"Where's Bo" Contest Winner
Very Best Kids Contest
Congratulations You Have Won!
USA Network / PGA Golf Sweepstakes
Congrats! You're a Second Prize winner of the Kenny & Chante/Hughley's Click2Mus...

END.

You'll notice they use key words like WINNER, SWEEPSTAKES, CONTEST, WON. I have mail filters that send the emails into a box automatically, sifting out the good from the bad using the key words. I don't go through the spam. I used to before I set up this system, but it's too overwhelming to face 400 emails a day. Never found any wins with the spam.

Sweepy:sleep2: