PDA

View Full Version : what is this??

dementeddoll
November 10th, 2004, 10:29am
Movie Contests: Are You A Winner?
Our @ The Movies contest winner list has been updated with the most recent
winners. Are you among them?

I see these updated lists, but where do you enter for this contest?? anyone know? it seems ot be ongoing and through radio and tv stations...(by the way, i am not among the winners!)

gcomstock
November 10th, 2004, 12:41pm
Movie Contests: Are You A Winner?
Our @ The Movies contest winner list has been updated with the most recent
winners. Are you among them?

I see these updated lists, but where do you enter for this contest?? anyone know? it seems ot be ongoing and through radio and tv stations...(by the way, i am not among the winners!)

Well, from my point of view "what it is" is an unclear question! :laugh:

Without knowing which website you're referring to, one cannot offer a specific answer. But, in general, MANY contest sites do that. They send a teaser email, from which we infer needing to visit the site and check out the winner list (which is their goal, to simply drive traffic to the site). It usually leads me to re-check the rules, and most of the time I see that winners will be contacted directly. I've seen myself on a couple winners lists, and having not received any notice, contacted them, only to get a "sorry, we're tardy in getting notices out to winners...don't worry, your prize will be sent soon" response.

On the other hand, SOME contests require that winners contact them directly, without prior notice other than site-based winner lists, and nearly all of those have that detail called out clearly in the listings here at O-S.

dementeddoll
November 10th, 2004, 5:10pm
if you go to the TV stations contest pages, thats where i have found the same "our @ the movies contest" i have seen it on every station i have went to to enter contests!