PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting bombarded with travel brochures?

carscheles
November 10th, 2004, 5:44am
Within the past month or so I've been getting on average 1-5 travel brochures daily. A lot of them are BIG envelopes full of stuff (from all different locations). I've always entered trip sweepstakes and never got this amount of mail. I'm sure it must be from one particular sweepstakes I entered but I have no idea which one. It seems like such a waste of paper since I'm not interested in traveling unless I win the trip.

jesjaime
November 10th, 2004, 6:26am
me too- my family asked me if I was planning on moving or something because so many brochures from Mass. have come within the past two weeks. LOL

Donna

mechurchlady
November 10th, 2004, 6:27am
Mom loves to receive any mail including catalogues. I thought it was me. Missouri and Texas are the ones I a getting. I suspect it is the Missouri contest. There were a couple of state run tourism relate contest.

I am happy to get them.

aaahchuu
November 10th, 2004, 6:43am
Yes but I love reading them. I've entered so many trip contests that I'm not suprised to get them. Didn't you just win a trip mechurchlady and where are you going?

Mrsloon
November 10th, 2004, 7:00am
The maps make great wrapping paper in a pinch. Looks cute, too!

NJsunbunny
November 10th, 2004, 7:04am
Me too! I've been getting 3-4 a day!!! Missouri, Texas and Florida are my big contenders! My husband wanted to know if we were going to Texas on vacation!!!

jisham
November 10th, 2004, 7:24am
I RECIEVE 5 A DAY ALSO :mad2:

reddy
November 10th, 2004, 7:25am
I've been getting a lot from New Mexico and Florida.

groovyguru
November 10th, 2004, 7:32am
me too. I keep opening em hoping I won a trip.

freeoh
November 10th, 2004, 7:37am
So much Massachussetts and Hilton Head stuff I want to puke

Scibba
November 10th, 2004, 7:46am
I've been getting TONS of GOLF resort brochures! I've quit entering any sweeps that involves golfing

bbbobbb3
November 10th, 2004, 7:53am
Here also, lets see...
West Virginia
Georgia
Kentucky
Florida
Conn.
Missouri

My 2 and 4 year olds just love them.

shyland4265
November 10th, 2004, 7:56am
I swear the state of Texas has given my name to every town and city state wide, and ordered them to send me a visitor brochure! I get at least 5 per day. :cheer7: :cheer7:

deborah62
November 10th, 2004, 8:12am
Raises hand.I am like Groovy I always open them before I file 13 them just in case there are papers in there saying I won a trip. :laugh:

mechurchlady
November 10th, 2004, 8:14am
Yes but I love reading them. I've entered so many trip contests that I'm not suprised to get them. Didn't you just win a trip mechurchlady and where are you going?

I got a rack and it is getting full. I can go across the country, visit New England, Branson, Texas, and wait I got to check under the bed. I have a VHS tape on braces here. Aol gift boxes. How about the Mohawk Trail in Massachusetts?

At least I found a place for them. Mom is happy and I am trying to decide and i think I will use my ticket for the convention next year.

This is the first time this year I got all this stuff. I feel sorry for the little places as they are wasting their money.

ResourcePress
November 10th, 2004, 8:17am
I'm getting them from all sorts of places. I think there were some contests that I entered and I had to pick one option from these:
e-mail contact
mail contact
both

I chose mail contact so my email box would not be cluttered.

aaahchuu
November 13th, 2004, 9:53am
I think the majority of it is coming from away.com and the Texas ones from Texas Monthly.

wildbirds
November 13th, 2004, 10:27am
I'm getting tons from New Mexico and some from Colorado.

mechurchlady
November 13th, 2004, 10:43am
I have been entering Texas monthly for a year with no junk mail. The glut cannot be from a lot of contests but from one site. Keep an eye out for clues. I find it weird that some have my full zip code.

CONSPIRACY THEORY
Someone at OLS or elsewhere wants to slow down other sweepers at OLS by submitting their names to tourism boards. We are so busy with the brochures and the mail box is too full for the prizes.

tld911
November 13th, 2004, 10:48am
Yes HERE!!!! Slighty annoying! But....I still read them! :)

Jeans2Tux
November 13th, 2004, 11:09am
I'm getting too many travel catalogs and related stuff too. Hate to see that many trees used up, recycle them all.

luckysarah
November 13th, 2004, 11:41am
me too. I keep opening em hoping I won a trip.

Me too. So disappointing. :frown3:
I'm getting used to them now and usually figure its one of them.