PDA

View Full Version : does this sound funny to you?

petrak
November 9th, 2004, 11:54am
haven't called him back but sounds weird to me:

Judy,

Please call me at 1-877-623-5226. I previously tried you at xxxxx, but was unable to reach you. This is in reference to the blue entry-form you filled out within the last few months, either on-line or at a major mall or movie theater. I actually have some decent news in regards to the Toshiba, Vacation Station, Lexus / Chevrolet contest. I have an address, a claim number, and further information for you. Since all prizes are well over $500, I_ll need a few minutes to cover all related lottery-type information from procuring your prize, to any taxes due on certain prizes.

Sincere Congratulations,

Chris Bogacz

p.s. I am only available from 9 _ 5 central.

4.27.177.209 11/9/2004

Although we only make 2 attempts to contact, to unsubscribe and not receive a second email or phone call, please hit reply and type in "unsubscribe" in the subject line, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: MSP at 105 S. River Rd. Suite E, North Aurora, Il. 60542. Include your Name, address, phone and email address and we will gladly remove your subscription.

Karen_246
November 9th, 2004, 11:57am
Its either a sales call or a time share pressure call...(especially if you filled something out in a mall).

tabooblondie
November 9th, 2004, 11:59am
Sounds like a scam to me also. If that is your real phone number, you should edit it out.

luckysarah
November 9th, 2004, 11:59am
Well I'd call anyway just to be sure.
I'd be too worried that I lost a big win if I didn't call to find out.
Good Luck! :gvibes:

petrak
November 9th, 2004, 12:02pm
sorry I'm new and stupid

grass_tiger
November 9th, 2004, 12:02pm
The whole "subscription" business makes it sound fishy to me.

rocksea_lady
November 9th, 2004, 12:13pm
I would call because I would be curious. It is probably a scam. Good Luck and I hope it's a win!!

Feisty Girl
November 9th, 2004, 12:30pm
Sounds lika time share thing that you can sign up for in the malls

Moonjumper66
November 9th, 2004, 12:30pm
I got this exact same message....sounds fishy to me.

Christine1225
November 9th, 2004, 12:35pm
My Boyfriend use to get the same exact call once every month for 6 months. So we knew it was nothing he really won if their going to call for 6 months to try and give their prize away.

luckysarah
November 9th, 2004, 12:35pm
sorry I'm new and stupid

Someone already fixed it for you, probably one of the mods but just so you know for the future I'll let you know.
Just go back to your original post and at the bottom right corner you'll see edit, just click on that then just take out the numbers or whatever you'd like to change.

lifesfun
November 9th, 2004, 12:47pm
I think I'd call too, just in case, and if they start a sales speel I'd politely interupt and ask if you won a prize.

Blue Angel
November 9th, 2004, 1:01pm
When I first read your post I thought it sounded familiar. Someone else had this same type of situation not too long ago.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185244&highlight=blue

I don't know if they found out who it was though. Hope this helps.

Moonjumper66
November 9th, 2004, 1:38pm
I found this thread, too. Its a time share.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162522

No thanks! Oh well.

petrak
November 9th, 2004, 2:00pm
Nothing gets past this group! thanks