PDA

View Full Version : Sony Winners please!!!

babyboo099
November 9th, 2004, 11:28am
I won a rather large prize from Sony and just recieved the affy about 30 minutes ago. My question is... if this is for a trip and I called them, do you think that they might offer me a cash option? I would love the trip, but definately need the cash more. Thank you for all who respond.

guruwan2b
November 9th, 2004, 11:39am
It never hurts to ask nicely. Check the rules of the contest to make sure they don't stipulate no cash option.
Kim

luckysarah
November 9th, 2004, 11:40am
Hey it can't hurt to ask.
From what I've seen most state it in the rules but I have seen some give cash after stating that they wouldn't.
Email them or call them.
Good Luck! And Congrats!!! :cheer7:

grass_tiger
November 9th, 2004, 11:40am
It is true that it doesn't hurt to ask, but usually they won't because most trip prizes don't actually cost them anything, so they lose if they offer cash.

caseycupcake
November 9th, 2004, 11:46am
be polite. best of luck.

Maprinces3
November 9th, 2004, 11:48am
The worst they can say is no....

babyboo099
November 9th, 2004, 11:49am
Okay, I just called my contact for the contest and very politely left a voice mail about the possibility of a cash option (both fingers crossed), so hopefully I will hear something back from her today, will keep everyone posted! :smile9:

flynnmissy
November 9th, 2004, 11:49am
If the rules state no substitution whatsoever, then I wouldn't even bother asking.

I have heard of people getting cash instead of the trip...but they usually had excellent excuses why they couldn't go on the trip (i.e. medical excuses, family tragedies. etc).

Also, did you use Roboform and do you have a firewall/identify blocker? If so, which one?

Tartallini
November 9th, 2004, 11:51am
It happens... but you've gotta ask! Good luck, and congratulations on your win!

babyboo099
November 9th, 2004, 11:58am
Yes, I used roboform, as I usually don't enter contests that I have to manually type out. Not sure if I had my firewall turned on or not. In the rules it does not state that they will NOT offer a cash option, so here goes to hoping!

babyboo099
November 9th, 2004, 10:21pm
Okay, I talked to my contact and she said that there is no cash option, but that's alright cause I'm going to Australia!!! :jet: :cheer7: