PDA

View Full Version : im so confused

mandyn
November 8th, 2004, 9:50pm
hey there everyone... i am new and am kinda confused!!!
I was wondering if other people get massive amts of emails sent to
them saying that they have won something.. but then have to apply to a credit
card or something like that... what do i do about it??? :smile9:

Karen_246
November 8th, 2004, 9:51pm
The only thing to do with those is hit delete - as they aren't wins.

mandyn
November 8th, 2004, 9:53pm
well how do you know if you won something.. do they call you or send you an email???

Karen_246
November 8th, 2004, 9:58pm
They will call, they'll send an email, affadavit, regular mail, or it'll just show up via UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL. After awhile you'll be able to tell the 'real wins' from the 'fake ones'. Just remember that if you have to pay anything for it, good chance it is a scam. Never, ever supply your credit card, or bank information. If you ever have to pay shipping on an item, the company will normally list it up front in the rules that shipping has to be paid for. (But those are few and far between).

If you receive an affadavit, you might have to supply your social security number for tax purposes.

A win in sent to your email might have "Congrats" in the title, and it might not. But with a little practice, you'll be able to 'spot' the wins.

Karen

Good luck, and :welcome:

Nickyle
November 8th, 2004, 10:00pm
To be quite honest if you enter tons of sweepstakes you will be spammed to death (open a yahoo account) and a ton of them will be "congratulations, you have won ??", etc... The key to knowing what is good or not is to keep your eyes (ears) open and learn along the way. But remember you NEVER have to pay or give out your credit card number for any GOOD sweepstakes, legit ones will though ask for your SS# if you have to fill out a affie.
Sponsors contact through email, phone and snail mail. Hope this helps.

P.S. The first question you should always ask yourself if you get a email is "Did I enter this?". I just won a grand prize where the title of the email just said "Priceline.com Cruise Giveaway you Entered", I almost passed it up but remembered entering it, glad I did!

amyshulk
November 8th, 2004, 10:09pm
hey there everyone... i am new and am kinda confused!!!
I was wondering if other people get massive amts of emails sent to
them saying that they have won something.. but then have to apply to a credit
card or something like that... what do i do about it??? :smile9:
Karen did an excellent job - no need to add anything, and nickyle makes a good point - especially if you enter anything and everything :laugh:

Here's a link with info - it has links to answers - questions you don't yet know you might need!!!

Newbies - helpful links to threads
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180627

Welcome aboard the Crazy Train :laugh:

amy