PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive !!!

Brent
January 5th, 2002, 11:09pm
Hello Everyone,

First off, I would like to sincerely apologize to you all for letting the site go down hill (off a cliff may be more accurate a term) and not being around over the last year. I can't even begin to tell you how bad a year 2001 was for me personally- in every which way imaginable. I don't want to go into specifics on a public forum, but as a result, I just kind of shutdown.

I can't thank you all enough for keeping these forums going while I've been gone- it really means the world to me. This site is about all I have left and thanks to you and your patronage, I feel like I have shot of turning this thing around.

Anyway, now I'm back, and I'm here to stay. I'm going to throw myself back into making this website the BEST @#$%*! sweepstakes site on the web. After all, the best bunch of
"sweepers" on the net deserve to have nothing but the best site on the net.

I hope you all like the new forums. I spent some time researching and I think vBulletin is the best forum package around. It's much faster (uses MySQL to store and retrieve data) and has quite a few more features than the old forums. If you haven't already, make sure you check out the FAQ (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/misc.php?s=&action=faq) and explore the user c.p. (Control Panel) (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/usercp.php) once you're registered.

Any comments or suggestions you may have are always appreciated. Man, do I have a lot of work to do. I'll keep you posted...

Again, My Sincerest Apologies and Gratitude,

Brent, your estranged webmaster

BTW- I recently uploaded about 945 avatars that you can choose from once you're registered. To choose an avatar, go to the user c.p. (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/usercp.php?s=) and click on Edit Options (http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=editoptions), the "Change Avatar" option is towards the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

LuckyGirl
January 5th, 2002, 11:20pm
It's looking good. I'm excited to have you back, and see what's to come. :)

mightymitt
January 5th, 2002, 11:20pm
Thanks! What a great way to start off the New Year. Here's hoping things keep looking up for you! ~P

Maineiac
January 5th, 2002, 11:32pm
Wonderful!! I've just logged in today after ALL day hockey with Adam and almost swallowed my teeth when I saw what had happened. Thought we'd been swallowed up by someone else's site. Glad to see we're where we are supposed to be. Welcome back, Brent. You're doing wonders here so far.

Sue
January 6th, 2002, 7:43am
Welcome back, Brent!

I sincerely hope things continue to go better for you. We missed you.
:D

dogbuddy57
January 6th, 2002, 9:37am
No apologies necessary Brent - we're just happy to see you back. Thank you so very much for returning to the site despite your difficult year. Here's hopin 02' brings much happiness and success to everyone here.

Tanasi
January 6th, 2002, 11:02am
Welcome back!

2001 was bad for a lot of us. I guess we just pick up the pieces and move on.

But I can't wait to see the online sweeps site again! I am definitely going to get back into sweeping.

:)

BOZ64
January 6th, 2002, 11:33am
:D :D :D :D Its great to have you back, I know we have all missed you!!!!!! And I would like to thank you for everything you do, This is the best sweep site. Thanks again Brent your the BEST!:D :D :D :D

Vicky
January 6th, 2002, 12:02pm
Welcome back, Brent!

Thank you for keeping this board and all the best to you this year. It looks terrific. It's so fun and exciting for all of us. And may I also add ...Whew! Thank goodness.!!

Vicky:D

Lydiad1957
January 6th, 2002, 12:07pm
Brent,
I am so glad that you are back with us. We all missed you so much. I hope that 2002 is a great year for you personally and with sweeps. Take Care.
Lydia

Shirley
January 6th, 2002, 12:21pm
Hi, Brent, I am glad that things are beginning to look up for you. Thanks for keeping this site open while you were away. some of us have always known that this was the best sweepstakes site on the internet. I am looking forward to a new year of sweeping with you.

Shirley

hulaman
January 6th, 2002, 12:30pm
Great to have you back Brent.

Last year wasn't the best for me either but I am positive that 2002 holds better times for us all.

Keep up the good work.

booboo
January 6th, 2002, 12:33pm
For the most part I love the new board :D . The only thing I don't like is that the hyperlinks aren't different colors for visited vs. non-visited links. Does that make sense? Other than that, everything is great!! Welcome back Brent!

Carol81
January 6th, 2002, 1:36pm
:eek: Good grief! I feel like Alice in wonderland. This is top drawer, Brent. So great to hear from you again, Brent.There's a lot of fancy buttons here, but maybe after a little time I'll learn how to push them. Hi to all my old sweeper buddies that I haven't communicated with in a long time. Best of luck, Brent - Carol

-

sunfrog
January 6th, 2002, 2:34pm
YaY!!! :D :D

Mare
January 6th, 2002, 3:01pm
Brent,
There are no words to express how totally psyched I am to see you back at the helm of this Sweepstakes ship (as in rocket).
This is the only place on the web I have ever felt like I fit in and now it's that much better.
Now I feel safe from stupid posters like that Acu-win dude and a few others.
If you ever have to go on vacation or anything, you really should leave a spare key with one of the "Senior Sweepers." (Like appointing a guardian of the site.)
Whew! What a relief and what a happy day!
(You must have got quite a kick out of all our speculating!)
Love and Peace,
Mare "digesting a contentment sandwich" Rivera :)

deakon24
January 6th, 2002, 3:09pm
It's great to have you back Brent, it's been a long time since the loopynet days! Hope this year finds your luck turning around. The site looks terrific!

meydey
January 6th, 2002, 7:36pm
Brent, our heartfelt gratitude for keeping the site up while you were gone. This has always been one of the first sites I goto when I log on. Sincerely hope that 2002 is your year.

Thanks, Mike

lisa54
January 6th, 2002, 9:03pm
:) Brent,
So happy to see that you're back..missed you. This is the best site ever, since the days of Loopy ....best to you.
Lisa

Tartallini
January 7th, 2002, 12:14am
Brent, you have done a fantastic job and I feel "lucky" to be a part of this forum. Thank you for all of your hard work, and all the best to you for a happy, healthy and lucky new year!

Andrea;)

tommy
January 7th, 2002, 12:34am
welcome back Brent

dajody
January 7th, 2002, 10:43am
Welcome back Brent. We have all missed you!! The site looks wonderful :p

IwannaWINBig
January 7th, 2002, 11:32am
:rolleyes: HI....I'm just getting started but I love the site. I looking forward to posting in the winners circle one day!

Anne
January 7th, 2002, 11:55am
Brent,
You were definitely missed by all of us. Here's hoping to great year for you and all of us!

Take care,

Anne;)

TheBoy
January 7th, 2002, 1:21pm
I really like the changes here to the board. I just wanted to be a stick in the mud and be the one voter with 'it doesnt matter, whatever.' :D

Here's to a great new year for all!

boy

Kym
January 7th, 2002, 1:29pm
I love the new board. I love the new activity & the new excitement around here. Before we were constantly worried about when the whole site would just disappear.

My only complaint (like Booboo) is that the visited hyperlinks aren't a different color. Other than that, everything is great.

Thanks,
Kym

MJchemist
January 7th, 2002, 2:21pm
Hello Brent. Sorry about your troubles and I hope that 2002 will be a great year for you. I stopped sweeping last year as the website wound down, but look forward to getting back in. Thanks for all that you have done to help us on this site over the years.
MJchemist :) :)

ChrisVis
January 7th, 2002, 5:33pm
So glad you're back, 2001 has been rough for alot of us, but have
faith- good things will come in 2002
I've loved this site since loopynet days and look forward to the sweeps site being up again!!
the only drawback for me is the same as a couple of other folks have expressed, the hyperlinks don't change so I know what I
already looked at
Brent - we love ya!

topper
January 7th, 2002, 6:43pm
pinch me again--I still can't believe it-----Brent----we all care an awful lot about you---if ya need help--hollar--a hug--you got it--we are all here for ya--------take your time fixin the site and don't get burned out now----we are just glad to have you back with us again.;)

khill
January 8th, 2002, 12:18am
Hi Brent and all! Wanna compare last year? Mine was not the best in the world by any means! I'm back in Houston at MD Anderson now for my checkup. Had the surgery a year ago last October and so far all the checkups have been good.

Was shocked to get the email from Brent! I've not "swept" in so long that I couldn't even remember Brent's address! (But have a good friend who's been keeping up with my progress who sent it to me, just a few days before Brent made his announcement)!

Let's all try to help Brent get this site back to what it used to be, or better. Good sweeping to you all. Kay

SeeGull
January 8th, 2002, 2:04am
...but it looks like "we" may lose the May 10th date on the home page now :)

Kay, it's great hearing from you again too!

Oh-kay folks ..... Let's SWEEP!!!

SeeGull :)

Sue
January 8th, 2002, 9:15am
Kay, it's so good to hear from you again.

I hope you are doing better now.

Mare
January 8th, 2002, 9:37am
Hey Girlfriend!

We missed you so much! It's so great to see you posting here. Hope you've come to stay and not just for a visit...and for cry'n out loud-win something TEXAS-sized! :)

Love,
Girlene

Shirley
January 8th, 2002, 10:55am
Kay, it is really great to hear from you. I honestly have thought about you often. I hope 2002 is a really wonderful year for you.

Shirley

HGOtis
January 9th, 2002, 10:25am
The new board looks great!!! Love it :D
Thanks so much!!

khill
January 9th, 2002, 7:39pm
:D Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers. They worked! I'm a little behind time with my sweeping, so if I ask stupid questions, bear with me, ok?

Are we going to have a "my sweeps" page like before? Is there anything else I need to know about that I'm behind on?

It's great to have this site back, huh? Once I started feeling better a few weeks ago, I tried some other sites but just got disgusted! Then I came back here (just days before the "update") and got disgusted here, too! Now, I feel like a brand new sweepster!

Glad to be back and see so many familiar faces. Let's sic 'em! K

Bobbis2000
January 10th, 2002, 10:02am
So glad you're back Brent. Love the new forums.

One idea: A template for new sweepstakes forum, so it is easy to enter the url, end date, daily?, etc..

Just a thought.

Rob

Lydiad1957
January 10th, 2002, 1:29pm
It is wonderful to hear that all is well with you. May you win something spectacular this year to make up for all your troubles last year. Take Care.
Lydia

dbm1
January 10th, 2002, 4:27pm
Brent --

I'm glad you're back, and glad to hear you're doing ok.

Hang in there, and thanks for this great site! :) :) :)

MarilynBr
January 11th, 2002, 1:04am
I hadn't even discovered this forum at the point when you started your "sabbatical." But when I found this forum, I can tell you truthfully that I saw the skill and love you had put in to it and was concerned about your welfare.

What a pleasure to sign on today and see so many positive changes, and to find out that you are back.

I've always liked this spot, feels like an oasis.

Also, strange as it sounds, this forum helps me in one more way than just contests. My earthlink wants to involuntarily disconnect me all of the time.

But I have discovered that when the server stops responding, if I go to my favorites and choose this site, I can often re-establish the connection again.

No other site on the web will jumpstart my ISP connection like that. Guess it just knows its way home here.

Welcome back!
Marilyn

Antuanette
February 7th, 2002, 1:23am
Just checking out the site and it looks great! Makes me want to start sweeping again.

A~