PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the sweeps gone?

Luckylulu
September 12th, 2004, 10:51am
Wow! For me, there's not much worth entering anymore in the daily postings of new sweeps. Of the 26 new ones yesterday, almost all are for DVD's I'm not interested in. There's not one I entered! I guess all of the good ones are in premium sweeps now. :frown3:

I'm unemployed and found this website and new hobby during this "down time" and it has really been fun. I'm out of the loop now. :worry:

dbuske
September 12th, 2004, 11:04am
I noticed that to, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. They say this is the slow time of the year. But if it is the premium membership getting all the good sweeps, this could cause alot of people to drop the site.

Also sat and sundays do tend to be slow days. Monday will pick-up.

Luckylulu
September 12th, 2004, 11:32am
Did you notice that there are 377 sweeps in the premium sweeps section?

mamafairal
September 12th, 2004, 11:34am

I noticed that # going up on Premium also :(

pambanter
September 12th, 2004, 11:37am
you can find sweeps yourself! Also, there is a cycle to sweeps. Middle and end/beginning of month. Summer, then the holidays. Promotions are tied to events.

dbuske
September 12th, 2004, 11:44am
We know we can find the sweeps ourselves. You just anger people by repeating that over and over again. That's why we come to this site because the sweeps are here.

livvyb
September 12th, 2004, 11:57am
none today. But, I have been told it is just a slow time. Hoping with the onset of Halloween (maybe some good scary movie giveaways?), Thanksgiving, and Christmas that we will see some more good ones come our way! I used to get all psyche dup to see what the new contest were for the day......hope to have that daily buzz back soon! :laugh: :gvibes: :gvibes:

RockysJewel
September 12th, 2004, 12:20pm
You should put out the less than $3 a month for the premium. There are some great ones there and for that price it is good deal. Way less running around from site to site trying to find them on my own. There are lots of expenses and time to keep this site going. Why do you think it should be good and big and free? Sorry I just can't quite grasp that concept people have. And yes we keep saying it over and over because people keep asking over and over what is up with this site. Anyway, the premium is great.

jackie241
September 12th, 2004, 12:22pm

good grief! :worry: Did you happen to pay attention to the fact that there are 4,303 current sweeps and out of that total number ONLY 377 of them are premium?I see this site as a total positive...there is something here for everyone.

livvyb
September 12th, 2004, 12:29pm
I think the question is if this is going to become a pay only site? I don't see any sweeps today.....is there none or have they gone to premium? When I can afford to get a premium membership I will but for the time being putting 3 kids through school make money tight. I'm sure there's many other people in my circumstance that use sweeping as a hobby and find it hard to justify the expense when bills pile up. I think that there is more confusion as to how sweeps are decided...premium or regular. Is it there ARV? A percent every day? :help: :smile3:

pennypav
September 12th, 2004, 12:29pm
I joined the premium thing 4-5 days ago, how long does it take thru Paypal? I have sent 3 emails and no answer yet!!

Scibba
September 12th, 2004, 12:30pm
good grief! :worry: Did you happen to pay attention to the fact that there are 4,303 current sweeps and out of that total number ONLY 377 of them are premium?I see this site as a total positive...there is something here for everyone.

Yes, less than 9% are premium --- I bet there will be alot of *itching when it actually reaches the 30% or more premiums sweeps!

Remember people -- you can get a 3 month subscription to the premium service for a little under $13!!!

bell_babe
September 12th, 2004, 12:31pm
maybe I''m lost here but is there 2 differnet list of sweeps?
one free and one that gets a differnet set of sweeps but only
if you pay?
When did this become a pay site?

kbsocial
September 12th, 2004, 12:32pm
I joined the premium thing 4-5 days ago, how long does it take thru Paypal? I have sent 3 emails and no answer yet!!

If you used PayPal and paid by check (or maybe debit card), it takes 3 to 5 days for it to clear through PayPal. As soon as it clears through PayPal, OLS is notified and your account here is automatically credited and all the added benefits are available immediately.

pambanter
September 12th, 2004, 12:32pm
We know we can find the sweeps ourselves. You just anger people by repeating that over and over again. That's why we come to this site because the sweeps are here.

Well, if you think this site is so great and you keep coming back - PAY UP!
If you rely on this site for your sweeps - PAY UP!
If it is inconvenient to look around for sweeps - PAY UP!

Do you do this at the grocery store? "I didn't bring any money, but I want that sirloin steak for free?"

Do you do this at the shoe store? "I can only afford no-name shoes, but I want those Manolo Blahniks."

How about I come to YOUR place of business and say, "Give me everything there on the top shelf, for free."

If you can't pay up, then... well. End of rant.

RockysJewel
September 12th, 2004, 12:34pm
IF you paid with 'CASH" through paypal then it should be instant or did you pay with an e-check.? E-check takes about 3-5 days to clear and OLS will receive and email saying it has cleared then you will be upgraded. A tleast that is what I assume . I got it a couple weeks ago and as soon as I paid I was premium. Not sure why you haven't had that.

shmtnmusic
September 12th, 2004, 12:37pm
Not being a premium member, I have also noticed the lame sweeps we are now given to feed upon. I just happened upon this site a few months ago and now am very dissapointed as I was having fun. I have entered about 250 sweeps from this site and with my record so far, the cost for a premium account would be money lost. Here is one I found today in my Sunday paper. Go to BettyCrocker.com for what is probably already listed as a premium sweep.

CJSmith
September 12th, 2004, 12:39pm
Not being a premium member, I have also noticed the lame sweeps we are now given to feed upon. I just happened upon this site a few months ago and now am very dissapointed as I was having fun. I have entered about 250 sweeps from this site and with my record so far, the cost for a premium account would be money lost. Here is one I found today in my Sunday paper. Go to BettyCrocker.com for what is probably already listed as a premium sweep.
Yes, the keyword in your first sentence is GIVEN. You are GIVEN sweeps to "feed upon". When you are GIVEN something do you complain about it? Either feed upon them or pay for a premium membership like the other premium members.

Ardy Simmons
September 12th, 2004, 12:39pm
I also notice not much in new instant sweeps, alot of them not only to enter, you must purchase, which some items I have, also you must qualified in certain categories, so my instant sweeps have really dropped in numbers: :sleep2:

pambanter
September 12th, 2004, 12:44pm
to Costco on a sunny weekend afternoon, because they have a lot of free samples. Then I get one of those cart thingies and pile it high. But when I try to leave without paying, they always stop me.

shmtnmusic
September 12th, 2004, 12:52pm
If you notice, I've only been at this site for less than 2 months and after some fun for about a month, I now have to pay for what was free. It's funny, but I don't have to pay to GOOGLE! and I've been doing that for years for free. Let the companies who advertise and want people to play their sweeps pay for this website. After all that's why companies have sweeps, to get people to recognize their product. Stop being so bitter about people who don't want to pay to be an elitist

CJSmith
September 12th, 2004, 12:58pm
If you notice, I've only been at this site for less than 2 months and after some fun for about a month, I now have to pay for what was free. It's funny, but I don't have to pay to GOOGLE! and I've been doing that for years for free. Let the companies who advertise and want people to play their sweeps pay for this website. After all that's why companies have sweeps, to get people to recognize their product. Stop being so bitter about people who don't want to pay to be an elitist
Well then you are free to go to Google to look for sweeps then aren't you? I am not bitter, I would care less if you become a premium member or not. I could care less if you have enough sweeps or not. I could care less if you can't scrape up $30 or not. I don't think I am and elitist. I think that all of this whining is the exact reason Brent should make this an all paid site. I am not bitter at all about it. You on the other hand.... :)

kittiemeow
September 12th, 2004, 12:59pm
Here we go again.

This subject comes up everyday now. It's getting tiresome.

Premium members: Just ignore the non premium member complaints. Eventually
they will pay up or leave. No need to be smug about the fact you have the dough to cough up.

Non premium members: This site costs money to run. If you want full access, pay up. Nobody is getting rich here. They are just trying to make the site self supporting.

This is as simple as it gets.

grandma44
September 12th, 2004, 12:59pm
All I have to say is - even when I WASN'T paying my 8 cents a day for this wonderful site, I have always appreciated all the hard work of the people who find and post sweeps, add freebies and such, and donate their own time to make this such a GREAT site. There are still TONS of sweeps to be entered even if you're not a premium member. :) :cool2: :gvibes: :gvibes:

dr jekyll
September 12th, 2004, 1:03pm
The thing about the Premium Sweeps that the nonsubscribers don't get is they are as varied as the regular sweeps. I counted 3 just for tee shirts. Several for trips and several for cash prizes. Prizes from as little as $20 to as high as $5000. There are almost 4000 sweeps to enter and maybe they just suck in general now. There is a resession and we may or may not get a new President. Corporate America, worried about profits, maybe holding back so we get tee shirts and cd and not large cash prizes and cars.

Brent puts alot of work into this site and it shouldn't all come out of his pocket. I'v been entering since May 2003 and have won nothing. I paid for the $30 subscription and if I don't like it, I won't do it again but it beats going from one site to another and writing down which ones, and how many times to enter and how often.

It's simple. Enjoy the site, subscription or not, or don't frequent it. There are other choices. I, personally, don't like them but that's me.

gandolina
September 12th, 2004, 1:04pm
I have not been able to pay through paypal since it won't process my Mastercharge debit card. if it is true that it takes 3 to 5 days for Paypal to even get you approved, you might as well just go buy a postal money order. it will get to Brent faster and Paypal will not have your financial records to mess with in the future.
As for all of you who haven't figured out that this is now a pay site, wake up! unless you want to spend your time filling out forms for DVDs. (i personally wish they were in a separate category since little prize contests are a cumulative waste of time to even skip over.)
And that 9 percent figure is mis-leading.
there may be over 4000 contests up now, but most of them are from the period before Premium went into effect.

I'm trying a three month membership, if Brent will ever turn me on. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get an actual membership when a postal money order is mailed. Those don't have to be cleared so there should be no waiting period.

And I wil say again for the fifth time, that if you can prove to the management that Paypal won't accept payment by linking the page address and that you have purchased a postal money order by sending a scan copy of its receipt that we should be turned on as a courtesy . it is not our fault that paypal is not fufilling its contract with the management and rejecting potential payees.
Brent will be losing money from each rejection where the person stops being motivated to continue past that point. Not everyone is going to go to a PO to accomodate this.

Pansy
September 12th, 2004, 1:11pm

I have to agree with Pam on this. It is up to all of us to help the site/members by adding sweeps, answers and giving back even through donations/memberships. We need to work together by giving and not just taking. That keeps the karma going and helps ourself as well. GP's have come my way and I try to give back to help others win the GP. We all see the number of premiums and I don't enter all because the prize isn't something I want........no complaining on that.

I also know if my attitude becomes bad I can still be booted with a premium membership, I am not owed anything. Take what is offered and if no one wants it fine but the day of riding the free horse to death is over. Lets pull the OS family back together, work together and win together.

I don't want to make anyone made but this really is a dead subject, RIP to the horse.

GLTA

kbsocial
September 12th, 2004, 1:15pm
I'm trying a three month membership, if Brent will ever turn me on. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get an actual membership when a postal money order is mailed. Those don't have to be cleared so there should be no waiting period.

As soon as he receives it your switch will be flipped ~ as long as your user name was included there should be no problems:)

Reverie
September 12th, 2004, 1:16pm

Whoa ... relax. Brent has made this a personal choice for members and has been very fair and understanding about presenting premium membership as an option. I don't understand why you have taken it upon yourself to demand payment, and in such an aggressive way.

Oh, and by the way, I notice that you're not a premium member. You have not PAID UP. :laugh:

Jodimae
September 12th, 2004, 1:17pm
Sorry that you all have endless excuses, sorry that you all expect everything for free ... sorry that you all want to quit the site because 377 out of over 4000 are premium sweeps... go ahead quit.. leaves more room for others to have a chance at winning....
I dont read posts that are responded to mine, so no sense in leaving any ...

Ps, I haven't won in over 4 months... can I have your wins please????

kEnZiEsMoM
September 12th, 2004, 1:22pm
I paid through Paypal on Friday and INSTANTLY had access :cheer7: :cheer7: Also, for those complaining about "no good sweeps"..I'm sure the people that find the sweeps with AWESOME prizes are all searched out...or maybe, hmm, they are enjoying their weekend OFFLINE :cool2:

NannetteRy
September 12th, 2004, 1:32pm
I just read this post and I am just amazed at what people say. The grass always looks greener on the other side. I am a Premium Member and I can honestly say I haven't seen any outstanding sweepstakes offered to just the Premium Members. My reason for paying was so I could save unlimited sweepstakes in mysweeps which to me is well worth the money I paid.

I have noticed that it seems like each day when I read the posts there are all these newbies winning all these great prizes. I have been here for awhile and pay and I haven't won anything big shoot I haven't even won much at all but I don't complain I just keep entering and hoping I have some of their luck.

Be thankful that people are doing the work for you and putting this site together for you. Say thank you for what you do get instead of complaining about what you don't get. If you don't like the contests offered then wait and eventually there will be contests you really like.

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to win a cruise or a spa trip so I can celebrate graduating with my M.S.W. in May. It will come....
:twocents:

kEnZiEsMoM
September 12th, 2004, 1:33pm
an added note :halo: I, not to be a personal attack, think a couple of the premiums stink. I don't want to go out searching for individual contests, so I come here. I LOVE this site and IMHO, think it's worth the cost. Look at Pogo, I paid $30 for a membship(coerced from someone else :laugh: ) and won nothing more than a couple of cheesy screensavers! Therefore, I chose not to renew it this week. Some people can't afford the membership, but some people REFUSE to afford it. Until you're a paid member(unless you can't afford it, seriously) then quit complaining...free members OBVIOUSLY have a ton of perks at this site...do you know how much time you would spend going site to site, or search engine to search engine to find this amount of sweeps?? Why shouldn't paid members have the chance at more "my sweeps" space and a SMALL percentage of premium sweeps?? I"m done B**ching because I know this has been covered..I just get tired of seeing the dead horse get beat down even more :boring:

asharee
September 12th, 2004, 1:34pm
Some of you all have no need to get angry because of a statement. Geez just go play your sweeps why get upset because someone says the regular sweeps are not good anymore. People will get the picture and begin to become premium members when they are able to do so. I know I will once I start working.

audux
September 12th, 2004, 1:34pm
Did the HGTV Great Fall Fixup get moved to premium? I was surprised not to see it under Big Prizes.

Luckylulu
September 12th, 2004, 1:37pm
My goodness, my original post was just a comment, an observation on something I've noticed.

Just that. That's all. Nothing more. :frown3:

DOVE1960
September 12th, 2004, 1:41pm
All the sweeps have gone to premium world :smile9:

asharee
September 12th, 2004, 1:42pm
Hey Luckylulu I understood what you were trying to say. Don't get bothered by what others are saying. I'm not a premium member yet but later on I intend to be one. But yes I agree with you on your original post.

barbs
September 12th, 2004, 1:44pm
I think the question is if this is going to become a pay only site? I don't see any sweeps today.....is there none or have they gone to premium? When I can afford to get a premium membership I will but for the time being putting 3 kids through school make money tight. I'm sure there's many other people in my circumstance that use sweeping as a hobby and find it hard to justify the expense when bills pile up. I think that there is more confusion as to how sweeps are decided...premium or regular. Is it there ARV? A percent every day? :help: :smile3:
I'm a premium member & Saturday's listing gave me exactly TWO that suited me (only 1 of which was a premium). I think you should give it some time, as some of the sweepers said. I'm retired & on a budget too, but surely you could put aside a little every month so that you can join in a month or so down the road. Skipping junk food, if you buy that, might provide the xtra $, for example.

Best of luck to you.

duknuk
September 12th, 2004, 1:56pm
I can't imagine working as hard or as long as Brent has on this site, for our benefit, and not making any money ... until now. Before Brent and OLS, I was lucky to find half a dozen sweeps per week on my own.

Even though we are without a job or income right now, I'm still glad I paid. You gotta dream, especially when times get rough.

livvyb
September 12th, 2004, 1:59pm
I'm a premium member & Saturday's listing gave me exactly TWO that suited me (only 1 of which was a premium). I think you should give it some time, as some of the sweepers said. I'm retired & on a budget too, but surely you could put aside a little every month so that you can join in a month or so down the road. Skipping junk food, if you buy that, might provide the xtra $, for example.

Best of luck to you.

I was really just looking for a guideline as to how a sweep becomes premium. I was also looking for someone who has sweeped for a while to let me know if sweeps go through a normal lull...or if sweeps were in fact just being put into premium sweeps. Better knowledge as to how the sweeps were categorized would give me a better idea if I in fact cared to squeeze the $$$ out of my bills and into this "hobby". All the premium members that are saying it isn't much better sure don't make me want to tell my daughter I can't afford her school lunches this month! I think my comment might have been taken incorrectly; I'm not complaining just looking for some sweeps insight from those that have done it longer than I. Making a common statement that there isn't any good new sweeps out there. More a comment to the sweeping community for us all to say "yeah, can't wait for the next big one to arrive!". Not jumping at the comment and telling me to cut out junk food to be able to afford a membership!?!?!
I wish luck to everyone whether they are premium members or not. Here's hoping we have some good sweeps to drool over soon!

Lanne
September 12th, 2004, 2:17pm

Maybe people keep saying this to you because they don't understand what you're complaining about?

The other day in one of these crybaby threads someone wrote what I think is the perfect analogy for this situation (please forgive me for not recalling the original author). They said that it's like going into a restaurant and eating the bread basket and drinking the water and then complaining because the people at the next table (paying guests) have better food.

Very few things in this world are free. If you can't or won't afford to pay for the new service that this website is now offering, then be happy with what is still available to you - you are not entitled to anything else.

For what it's worth, there have not been the massive amounts of 'wonderful' sweeps secreted away for the Premium members that you seem to think there are - whether you want to believe it or not, this is a slow spell for new sweeps. Of the 43 premium sweeps from yesterday there were 16 that I entered or will eventually enter. 5 dailies, 2 weeklies, 1 monthly and 8 one timers. Of all these 16 I would categorize maybe 3 of them as ones to be envious of.

deeproy
September 12th, 2004, 2:42pm
Whatever. After watching the greens act like bullys in order to justify spending $30, I think I've had it with the Stepford Wives attacking any comment made by someone on the outside. There are other sites that don't spam you to death, so I can use them to fill in the blanks. And I'm still sucking bandwidth!

:nana:

asharee
September 12th, 2004, 3:06pm
Whatever. After watching the greens act like bullys in order to justify spending $30, I think I've had it with the Stepford Wives attacking any comment made by someone on the outside. There are other sites that don't spam you to death, so I can use them to fill in the blanks. And I'm still sucking bandwidth!

Stepford Wives lol I know what you mean. I fear of saying anything at all about any premium anything for fear of being attacked. Is it ok if I ask anything if I'm not a premium member? I guess it's different if you are not. Yes, Brent has done a lot of hard work on this and I aplaud him :) but there's no reason for people to attack others about the premiums.

bell_babe
September 12th, 2004, 9:06pm
I look to me like all the good sweeps are going to Premium and the "small prize" sweeps are going to reg members. I would like to know just who decides what is a premium sweep and what is a for those who won't pay sweeps! I my self have posted some very good sweeps for cars and cash that have never showed up in the sweeps so they must have been sucked in to premium!
just like everything people now days EVERYONE is money hungery! place something online for a while and get everyone sucked in then when everyone wants it charge them!

tfacey
September 12th, 2004, 9:20pm
My question to all of you who are complaining about the premium vs. non-premium sweeps - how many sweeps have you actually contributed to this board? When was the last time you spent some quality google time finding sweepstakes to post for EVERYONE'S benefit??

Brent does not post the sweeps - we - the daily users of the board - are responsible for the content. If you dont see enough sweeps to enter, then dog gone it - go find them and bring 'em back here!! That really is your solution.

:rolleyes:

barbs
September 12th, 2004, 9:32pm
I was really just looking for a guideline as to how a sweep becomes premium. I was also looking for someone who has sweeped for a while to let me know if sweeps go through a normal lull...or if sweeps were in fact just being put into premium sweeps. Better knowledge as to how the sweeps were categorized would give me a better idea if I in fact cared to squeeze the $$$ out of my bills and into this "hobby". All the premium members that are saying it isn't much better sure don't make me want to tell my daughter I can't afford her school lunches this month! I think my comment might have been taken incorrectly; I'm not complaining just looking for some sweeps insight from those that have done it longer than I. Making a common statement that there isn't any good new sweeps out there. More a comment to the sweeping community for us all to say "yeah, can't wait for the next big one to arrive!". Not jumping at the comment and telling me to cut out junk food to be able to afford a membership!?!?!
I wish luck to everyone whether they are premium members or not. Here's hoping we have some good sweeps to drool over soon!
My reply to you was meant to be encouraging - no way did I say to cut out necessities!!! I only said that IF YOU BUY junk food, it's one way to save a bit. Most of the junk food I buy costs $3 a bag so just not buying 1 treat a week for 2 months bought my membership. Better for my figure & my heart too.

bettyboop21214
September 12th, 2004, 9:33pm
Get the premium membership, it is well worth the money. I was not going to get it, but then I figured that I would pay for 3 months($12.50 I think) just to see how it was and if I didn't like it I just wouldn't pay again. Let me tell you, there are soooo many good sweeps in premium. Just give it a try. I am definitely a satisfied customer!!!!!!! :cheer7: :cheer7: :cheer7:

vaco319
September 12th, 2004, 9:36pm
:crowd: :trolls: :crowd:

w -rm
September 12th, 2004, 9:46pm
:sleep2:

one2win
September 12th, 2004, 9:48pm
the slow season ... good sweeps in Premium section ... editors too busy ... whatever ...

I'm thinking that the site may be seeing a backlash by those who have posted sweeps in the past, and when they have any question about anything on OLS, are trashed in threads like this one.

Here's another problem: I don't think Local Sweeps are supposed to be limited to premium members, but I've posted two recently that aren't listed in the forum.

I used to rely on this site exclusively for new sweeps, but it's no biggie - I've just looked elsewhere recently, and have found plenty of new sweeps with both little and big prizes.

psalmstress
September 12th, 2004, 9:51pm
Not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this but I too am becoming a bit frustrated by all the belly-aching going on and complaining that the site is now a paying site.
First of all there are still an incredible number of sweeps listed that anyone just opening the website can obtain, paying member, non-paying, or even not a member at all. There is no time for me to even be able to to enter even half of those that are not premium.
Second, we all have budget constraints, I make $8 an hour and support 3 children without child support or government handouts, yet I managed to scrape together $30 for the annual membership, made pizza from scratch twice rather than taking my daughters out to pizza hut.
Thirdly, I've seen some pretty incredible wins from those members that are not 'premium' posted on the boards yet have only 1 decent prize garnered from the listings here, yet I don't complain as that is just how it is. So please, if you don't like the fact that the site is attempting to give something back to those that support it don't complain. There are indeed many other sweepstaking sites that are free, not as good but still free, sites that I'm certain will welcome you as members do here.

Karen_246
September 12th, 2004, 9:54pm
the slow season ... good sweeps in Premium section ... editors too busy ... whatever ...

I'm thinking that the site may be seeing a backlash by those who have posted sweeps in the past, and when they have any question about anything on OLS, are trashed in threads like this one.

Here's another problem: I don't think Local Sweeps are supposed to be limited to premium members, but I've posted two recently that aren't listed in the forum.

I used to rely on this site exclusively for new sweeps, but it's no biggie - I've just looked elsewhere recently, and have found plenty of new sweeps with both little and big prizes.

You know something, that is totally up to you. When a sweep is submitted it goes into a certain spot until it can be checked, which means that yes it is not available to you until it is checked, verified, etc. We aren't here to serve you and are only able to edit at certain times. Sorry that some of us might have lives outside of here and other commitments. I hate to tell you this, but you sure the hell aren't missing anything. Here's some stats for you all today, there have been 35 sweeps posted - 6 were deleted leaving 29. 18 of those haven't even been checked yet, so they aren't out there in the public eye yet.

Straight up, if no one likes it here, no one is forcing anyone to stay, go elsewhere. This acting like children and trying to start arguements has gone way over the line. This has been in the works for months, it wasn't a suprise to anyone.

Have a happy day.

Karen

jaybat
September 12th, 2004, 9:58pm
Yes, less than 9% are premium --- I bet there will be alot of *itching when it actually reaches the 30% or more premiums sweeps!

You're looking at overall numbers, total sweeps since time began (or still current anyway). Premium started Sep 1, so out of the sweeps added since then, about 45% are premium.

jafarhie
September 12th, 2004, 9:59pm
Not sure why I'm bothering to respond to this but I too am becoming a bit frustrated by all the belly-aching going on and complaining that the site is now a paying site.
First of all there are still an incredible number of sweeps listed that anyone just opening the website can obtain, paying member, non-paying, or even not a member at all. There is no time for me to even be able to to enter even half of those that are not premium.
Second, we all have budget constraints, I make $8 an hour and support 3 children without child support or government handouts, yet I managed to scrape together $30 for the annual membership, made pizza from scratch twice rather than taking my daughters out to pizza hut.
Thirdly, I've seen some pretty incredible wins from those members that are not 'premium' posted on the boards yet have only 1 decent prize garnered from the listings here, yet I don't complain as that is just how it is. So please, if you don't like the fact that the site is attempting to give something back to those that support it don't complain. There are indeed many other sweepstaking sites that are free, not as good but still free, sites that I'm certain will welcome you as members do here.

Well said. :)

glengarry
September 12th, 2004, 10:05pm
hello from a Canadian sweeper......I'd love to get a premium membership, but did anyone notice if any of the premium sweeps are open to Canadian residents? :sherlock:

i3utterfli82
September 12th, 2004, 10:08pm
:twocents: The only thing I am unhappy with is that, I think if a non paying member SUBMITS a sweep, it should not go to premium, no matter what the sweep. Those who submit sweeps are technically paying their dues without money, they are the ones that keep the site running and up to date. Thanks :twocents:

Karen_246
September 12th, 2004, 10:18pm
:twocents: The only thing I am unhappy with is that, I think if a non paying member SUBMITS a sweep, it should not go to premium, no matter what the sweep. Those who submit sweeps are technically paying their dues without money, they are the ones that keep the site running and up to date. Thanks :twocents:

Again....if a person submits a sweep, it doesn't matter if they are premium or not, if the sweep goes premium or not, as long as the sweep submitted isn't a duplicate where it'll be deleted, the person who submitted it can still see it.

hudson9610
September 12th, 2004, 10:25pm
Wow! For me, there's not much worth entering anymore in the daily postings of new sweeps. Of the 26 new ones yesterday, almost all are for DVD's I'm not interested in. There's not one I entered! I guess all of the good ones are in premium sweeps now. :frown3:

I'm unemployed and found this website and new hobby during this "down time" and it has really been fun. I'm out of the loop now. :worry:

If you want the premiums all you have to do besides subscribe is know how to use the right search

starry1st
September 12th, 2004, 10:28pm
To the Canadians, yes, I've seen sweeps for Canadians only.

i3utterfli82
September 12th, 2004, 10:38pm
Again....if a person submits a sweep, it doesn't matter if they are premium or not, if the sweep goes premium or not, as long as the sweep submitted isn't a duplicate where it'll be deleted, the person who submitted it can still see it.

Yes, but not the other non paying members. Its just silly. The other thing also is that originally the premium sweeps were sopposed to be lesser known sweeps that would be easier for premium members to win. What happened to that? Why are sweeps like HGTV in premium?

Hygeia
September 12th, 2004, 10:40pm
I have a stupid question, but how do you even subscribe to this site? I could not find any membership links from the home page. I have been coming to this site for several months now and have searched the forum and everything, but everyone seems very closed lipped about how to subscribe. Why is this such a secret if people want to pay to become a member? It should be easier than this.

FreakDuJour
September 12th, 2004, 10:42pm
I've noticed that too...the past few days. I'd be more than happy to pay for a coveted "premium" sweeps, but there is one tiny problem. Nobody has STILL figured out why I cannot save sweeps to mysweeps. I have to go to mozilla and access it through there for it to allow me to save anything. That alone is jumping through hoops. So. Why should I want to pay for premium when I can't save sweeps? I'm getting really frustrated with it, and even more frustrated with the mean replies of "oh well, pay up, yada yada yada." Don't judge a person until you walk in his shoes. Some people may already be deciding whether to pay for their medicine or buy food this month. It's a mean cold world, don't make it any meaner than it already is. So. If the master and creator, the almighty can TELL me how to fix my problem, or fix the site back the way it used to be before something went screwy and haywire, I would LOVE to purchase a premium membership.

kbsocial
September 12th, 2004, 10:43pm
I have a stupid question, but how do you even subscribe to this site? I could not find any membership links from the home page. I have been coming to this site for several months now and have searched the forum and everything, but everyone seems very closed lipped about how to subscribe. Why is this such a secret if people want to pay to become a member? It should be easier than this.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122603

chaigwood
September 12th, 2004, 10:45pm
When Brent becomes a millionaire from all these premium memberships, I'm going to leave my husband and marry him!

:nokiss: Cat

(not) I LOVE this place! :)

laticia433
September 12th, 2004, 10:45pm
I tend to think that the angry poster love to read these threads. They say the same things over and over everything gets repeated and it seems by the same people.

Premium or Not I will use this site until I'm my computer dies--and then I will probably get a new one so actually I will never quit using this awesome site! :gvibes:

kismet
September 12th, 2004, 10:54pm
Well then you are free to go to Google to look for sweeps then aren't you?

How do you do that? Is it hard to do?

I have noticed that the prizes are not as good as the were say a year ago but that is standard for all sites.

macer33
September 12th, 2004, 11:04pm
You have to pay for them now...I paid my 30.00 two days ago. Sad but true......You have to pay to use this site anymore...I was missing out on alot of contests (big contests) that are only listed in premium...You may have to find another site to find them or pay..pay..pay.. See ya....

glengarry
September 12th, 2004, 11:10pm
To the Canadians, yes, I've seen sweeps for Canadians only.
thank you, that helps!

livvyb
September 12th, 2004, 11:11pm
How do you do that? Is it hard to do?

I have noticed that the prizes are not as good as the were say a year ago but that is standard for all sites.

Found some @ cashnetsweeps.com. But again you will have to sort through them to figure out which ones you are missing or haven't enetered. There is definately an advantage to being able to afford the premium membership as this site is by far the most organized and helpful thanks to all the volunteers and members that give feedback, notes, and input. Until i can afford to put some $ towards membership I will be searching other sites as well ....wishing everyone good luck!!

deeproy
September 12th, 2004, 11:19pm
... The other thing also is that originally the premium sweeps were sopposed to be lesser known sweeps that would be easier for premium members to win. What happened to that? Why are sweeps like HGTV in premium?

There was once a computer company named Digital, who thought they could charge customers for every change they made to their computer. They are now out of business. There was once a software vandor named Netscape who thought they could charge for something everyone else was giving away. They are now out of business. There is a computer company named Apple who thinks they can charge for every minor upgrade. They are now selling music.

And I am sucking bandwidth!

bell_babe
September 12th, 2004, 11:20pm
My question to all of you who are complaining about the premium vs. non-premium sweeps - how many sweeps have you actually contributed to this board? When was the last time you spent some quality google time finding sweepstakes to post for EVERYONE'S benefit??

Brent does not post the sweeps - we - the daily users of the board - are responsible for the content. If you dont see enough sweeps to enter, then dog gone it - go find them and bring 'em back here!! That really is your solution.

:rolleyes:

I HAVE posted several sweeps... the last few I posted... even though they were NO others posted for that sweep N E V E R showed up on the non-premium sweeps!
I thnk if we post sweeps we are entitled to a free membership! because with out people like us this site would be gone!
I think if WE who don't pay for this site stop posting there would be very few for you premium to enter... think about it!
:mad2:

momofthree
September 12th, 2004, 11:24pm
Premium sweeps is the primary reason that I paid for the membership. Maybe I can finally win a great prize! It is wonderful that they are finally starting!!! :cheer7:

Boosbear
September 12th, 2004, 11:26pm
It's all about priorities....$30.00 yearly fee breaks down to $2.50 per month....is that too much to spend on a hobby that actually gives back to you?

deeproy
September 12th, 2004, 11:27pm
I think if WE who don't pay for this site stop posting there would be very few for you premium to enter... think about it!

Here here! I, for one, have stopped posting AND helping people with answers / tech issues.

And, I'm sucking up bandwidth!

Karen_246
September 12th, 2004, 11:28pm
I HAVE posted several sweeps... the last few I posted... even though they were NO others posted for that sweep N E V E R showed up on the non-premium sweeps!
I thnk if we post sweeps we are entitled to a free membership! because with out people like us this site would be gone!

What have you posted?? Let me check for you and see where they are?? I can go back and see every sweep that is posted and by whom and on whatever day and time.

Karen

kbsocial
September 12th, 2004, 11:29pm

The last sweep I see that was submitted by you was in April ~ the premium sweeps just started 9/1/04?!

Anyone who posts a sweep that ends up in premium will have access to it if they posted it.

deeproy
September 12th, 2004, 11:32pm
The last sweep I see that was submitted by you was in April ~ the premium sweeps just started 9/1/04?!

Anyone who posts a sweep that ends up in premium will have access to it if they posted it.

Oooooooo! Do me next!

whippeteer
September 12th, 2004, 11:34pm
Sorry, but why should I pay $30 per year when I haven't won anything from sweeps posted here since I found the site earlier this year? How long before they pull the same thing that redhotsweeps did with only allowing pad access?

Nana*2*4
September 12th, 2004, 11:35pm
enter the sweeps for the DVD's and sell them on e-bay, take your money and pay to become a premium sweeper!!!

kbsocial
Oooooooo! Do me next!

August;)

Karen_246
Sorry, but why should I pay $30 per year when I haven't won anything from sweeps posted here since I found the site earlier this year? How long before they pull the same thing that redhotsweeps did with only allowing pad access?

No one is forcing anyone to pay...its the personal decision of the person involved.

Karen

deeproy
September 12th, 2004, 11:36pm
August;)

That's the last one you'll see.

karcee662
September 12th, 2004, 11:39pm
I've been trying to decide whether or not to get the premium sweeps. It's not easy for some of us. I've always heard "You get what you pay for." After seeing only six sweeps to enter today, guess I'll join......

Karen_246
September 12th, 2004, 11:44pm
I've been trying to decide whether or not to get the premium sweeps. It's not easy for some of us. I've always heard "You get what you pay for." After seeing only six sweeps to enter today, guess I'll join......

karcee there are about 18 that haven't been checked and edited yet, you won't see them until we get to 'em..so that number is probably going to go up.

karcee662
September 12th, 2004, 11:45pm
That's good to hear ! Thanks

arouet
September 12th, 2004, 11:54pm
How long before they pull the same thing that redhotsweeps did with only allowing pad access?

Probably not very long at all if Brent keeps seeing these complaining threads day after day.
Wonder if thats what happened at Red Hot Sweeps also?

mtdew
September 12th, 2004, 11:59pm
OMG!!! I can't believe all the pettiness I have just read for something that is offered for FREE I can't afford the premium right now, but when I can I will pay for it. I am happy with what is offered without paying. I have just read through all 6 pages, why? I don't know. It sickens me to see people complain about something they are getting for free, especially new people to the site. You people are acting like someone has just taken a right away from you!!!
Your rights are simple either be here or go somewhere else.

Please people stop the complaining and go enter some sweeps, be it small or be it large, go try and win something.

jdhj2
September 12th, 2004, 11:59pm
I didnt read tru all the threads although some people expect u=you to do so/. but the point come =s down to the initiater of this thread. where are all the sweeps? the sweeps are here, there, everywhere. the 30 bucks compacts it into ols. if that benefits you, hari krishna if not. sea=rch the web. I can assure u the thirty buks i spent has gwoduppled. but thats me. but i also won the qwaduple before they charged anything. hmm . luk err karma.

Eccentric
September 13th, 2004, 12:03am
Please try to be grateful for the effort being put forth in your behalf.

If you're not happy with buying a Premium Membership, there are plenty of other online sweepstakes you can try.

Just Google "sweepstakes +online".

jaybat
September 13th, 2004, 12:06am
Probably not very long at all if Brent keeps seeing these complaining threads day after day.
Wonder if thats what happened at Red Hot Sweeps also?

I didn;t go there often but I think they made it effective such and such a date (for everybody), so I doubt there was much complaining.

stupidity1
September 13th, 2004, 12:06am
Ok, I wasn't going to get involved in this.... Brent started this site. Members have made this site a success with the generous sweepstakes contributions. How many sweeps have Brent or the Mods contributed compared to the other mmbers ? Look at the percentages. If the non premium members that contribute do continue to rebel and don't post sweeps then the posted sweepstakes will falter considerably. The reason why this site works is that everyone is willing to share sweeps and advice. This class war needs to cease in order to be a great site again. I remember when we all got along. This was before the two class system that premium membership has started. I think we all know how our class system lacks in equality. Lets not have the same inequality on this site. Wouldn't Brent want it that way??

jaybat
September 13th, 2004, 12:07am
August;)

That's a lengthy time between "doing" people.

And I thought I was lonely.

needawinBAD
September 13th, 2004, 12:40am
There is no shortage of sweeps on other sites. You don't necessarily have to pay to get the sweeps you want but it may take a bit more work than we used to expend getting them here. The upside is that you will find sweeps that don't make it to this site.

But I must say I get a laugh reading the irate posts by these greens who are cheerleading for this site at the same time they slam anyone for daring to ask questions or even offer suggestions.

Glenda
September 13th, 2004, 12:51am
Please! I don't know if I'm angry or sad! I think some of the people complaining are probably just jumping on the bandwagon. I know some can't afford it. All I know is that I don't want to see this wonderful site become a memory. I am disabled and don't have money flowing out of my ears, but I am getting a premium membership Monday or Tuesday. I've used this site for not one cent for a long time and it's the only sweeps site I use. Heck, before there was a mention of a premium membership I felt guilty for using this site and not making much of a contribution at all...such as posting sweeps...I am the worst at finding them! Brent is so organized, the moderators and great, and this site makes it easy to enter/find sweeps..very important to my disabilty. I get out of my house only 2-3 times per month. Sweeping has been a fun hobby and winning (mostly small but 1 prize worth 500.00) sure cheers me on some really rough days. I hope Brent will take into account that anytime people are faced with something new and different, they tend to get into an uproar. Brent, please hang on! So many of us appreciate you and the moderators!

Nikita
September 13th, 2004, 1:17am
Ok, I wasn't going to get involved in this.... Brent started this site. Members have made this site a success with the generous sweepstakes contributions. How many sweeps have Brent or the Mods contributed compared to the other mmbers ? Look at the percentages. If the non premium members that contribute do continue to rebel and don't post sweeps then the posted sweepstakes will falter considerably. The reason why this site works is that everyone is willing to share sweeps and advice. This class war needs to cease in order to be a great site again. I remember when we all got along. This was before the two class system that premium membership has started. I think we all know how our class system lacks in equality. Lets not have the same inequality on this site. Wouldn't Brent want it that way??

Well I can tell you that the MODS and the EDITORS contribute to the sweeps listings DAILY! Don't believe me? Look up posts by KED. He's an editor and he posts TONS more than anyone else here. Also, another editor, Marie, submits ALOT. Michele, Ziggywag, Prezli, and yadgirl all contribute QUALITY sweeps. Sorry, guys, if I forgot any of you! We're the ones that have to fix and make sense of the jibberish that is submitted daily. Most of these people who claim to contribute don't even check to see if it's a dupe before submitting. There are alot of crap sweeps submitted by members that are deleted for lack of rules, bad links, no dates, etc. Some of you act like if you submitted a DVD sweep back in the spring of 2003, that you're owed something.

I've tried searching for new sweeps. It takes alot of time and energy to search for sweeps and then try to remember if you already entered it. Think about the convenience of Mysweeps. How many times are you disqualifying yourself from a one-time entry because you don't remember entering it? Try going someplace else and see if you can find all the trivia answers and codes right there for you. Brent is still the one footing the bill for this site. NONE of this would be here for your convenience if he went under from trying to keep this site growing and getting better. Think about it.

Now quit complaining, and ENTER some contests! You can't win if you sit here whining all day. :laugh: :gvibes:

Hygeia
September 13th, 2004, 3:05pm
http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122603

Thanks for the help kbsocial. I can finally become a premium member now! :)

marilyn lux
September 13th, 2004, 3:19pm
There is no shortage of sweeps on other sites. You don't necessarily have to pay to get the sweeps you want but it may take a bit more work than we used to expend getting them here. The upside is that you will find sweeps that don't make it to this site.

But I must say I get a laugh reading the irate posts by these greens who are cheerleading for this site at the same time they slam anyone for daring to ask questions or even offer suggestions.

I wouldn't ever slam anyone for any decision they needed to make for paying for extras or not paying for them. The fact is though, that one of the biggest reasons that other sites have no shortage of sweeps is that they come HERE regularly to steal them and post them en-masse to their sites. It's a problem and a lot of threads have been devoted to it. This site is very well organized and makes that sort of thing attractive to sites who don't want to put forth the massive efforts it's takes to format sweeps in an easy to enter way.

If there are sweeps on other sites that OLS doesn't have it's because OLS members are more respectful and not using those methods, or the sweeps themselves are massive spam generators that aren't allowed here.

ltlindian
September 13th, 2004, 3:38pm
I was not a premium member until just today. I was curious to see what sweeps I was missing so I signed up. There aren't that many extra that I would enter, but I am also happy to support this site as it does a lot of work finding these sweeps that I wouldn't have found. thanks to everyone! :cool2:

arouet
September 13th, 2004, 3:40pm

What I don't understand is that it is the same people complaining about the same thing over and over. I can understand needing to vent, we all do every once in awhile. So you don't like the new system, it's unfair, other sweeps sites have more or better sweeps, OLS is going downhill. Ok, I understand and respect your feelings, but what in the world is keeping you here to complain about the same thing day after day after day? Why aren't you at one of those better sites entering all of those sweeps that you can't find here? Why does everybody have to wade through the same vents every day for the rest of their lives? Or do you just enjoy banging your head against a brick wall until it's nothing but a bloody pulp? Maybe you do, but it's really unpleasant to have to be a witness to it.

jldbrooklyn
September 13th, 2004, 3:45pm
It seems that this all boils down to a question of goals or percieved golas. I understand that the site takes time (and money) to maintain and that no one is getting rich off OLS. A lot of the anger or frustration expressed by non premium mebers may result from the perception that the premium membership is less an attempt to raise funds for the site and more of an attempt to better the odds at winning (valuable) sweepstakes for a handful of paying members.

The system is inherently flawed as it discourages non-premium members from posting sweepstakes. Ii is difficult if not impossible to tell if the sweep you (non-premium member) are adding already exists,or if ir is not a dupe and it gets classified as a premium sweep, you as a non-premium member cannot see (rate, read the notes) what you added.

Even though I have not yet become a premium member (I am still debating it) I feel as if I have made my small contributions. I have faithfully posted every sweep I run accross only to sometimes see people bad mouth the prize, the rules or the sponsor. But I digress, suffice to say, if I were running this site I might have charged everyone a nominal fee $ 5 per year than creating a two tiered system which is not going to make anyone happy.

faletto
September 13th, 2004, 3:55pm
i SENT A CHECK SATURDAY! HOW LONG AFTER THEY GET THE CHECK. IT IS ONLY 3.00 NOT TO BAD AS MUCH AS I AM ON HERE ALSO HOW DO YOU ACCESS THE PREM ONES

bjdotson
September 13th, 2004, 3:56pm
Whoa ... relax. Brent has made this a personal choice for members and has been very fair and understanding about presenting premium membership as an option. I don't understand why you have taken it upon yourself to demand payment, and in such an aggressive way.

Oh, and by the way, I notice that you're not a premium member. You have not PAID UP. :laugh:

I agree. Let those who don't want or can't pay, do so. No need to lambast them.

In my own humble (possibly misguided) opinion.

Brent D

kismet
September 13th, 2004, 3:58pm
:jet: My money for Premium membership just got mailed. I see it as a means of my thank you and support for the best sweeps site there is. I am thankful that I can spare the money.

JENANDBUBBA21
September 13th, 2004, 4:01pm
I just wanted to say that I think that this is a great site. I have won quite a few things from entering sweeps from this site. I do not think that there is anything wrong with doing a premium membership. If you can afford to pay for it then that is great but even if you can't there are still plenty of other things to enter for on here other than just the premium sweeps. I don't have the money to become a premium member but I still enjoy the site. I think that everyone who doesn't pay should just be happy that we are able to enter as many sweeps as we can from this site.

arouet
September 13th, 2004, 4:12pm
I didn;t go there often but I think they made it effective such and such a date (for everybody), so I doubt there was much complaining.

Seeing how things have turned out here that was a brilliant idea.

guruwan2b
September 13th, 2004, 4:16pm
I have another site that I go to. At one time they considered going pay. They didn't. They decided to fund the site by allowing pop-up sponsors. I would have rather it had gone pay as now when I access the site I get numerous pop-ups, the load time has slowed, etc.
I did buy items from that site and donate. Pop-ups are evil. I was happy to go premium to avoid them here.

luckysarah
September 13th, 2004, 4:26pm
Well I can tell you that the MODS and the EDITORS contribute to the sweeps listings DAILY! Don't believe me? Look up posts by KED. He's an editor and he posts TONS more than anyone else here. Also, another editor, Marie, submits ALOT. Michele, Ziggywag, Prezli, and yadgirl all contribute QUALITY sweeps. Sorry, guys, if I forgot any of you! We're the ones that have to fix and make sense of the jibberish that is submitted daily. Most of these people who claim to contribute don't even check to see if it's a dupe before submitting. There are alot of crap sweeps submitted by members that are deleted for lack of rules, bad links, no dates, etc. Some of you act like if you submitted a DVD sweep back in the spring of 2003, that you're owed something.

I've tried searching for new sweeps. It takes alot of time and energy to search for sweeps and then try to remember if you already entered it. Think about the convenience of Mysweeps. How many times are you disqualifying yourself from a one-time entry because you don't remember entering it? Try going someplace else and see if you can find all the trivia answers and codes right there for you. Brent is still the one footing the bill for this site. NONE of this would be here for your convenience if he went under from trying to keep this site growing and getting better. Think about it.

Now quit complaining, and ENTER some contests! You can't win if you sit here whining all day. :laugh: :gvibes:

Well said. Most of the best sweeps are found by the editors and mods and members that been here for years, not the newbies! So if you want to be greedy and not add any sweeps, go ahead I'm sure one of us will find it anyway.
You can't find another sweep site with as many sweeps as here. If you could you wouldn't be here complaining about paying so little, you'd go to the better site.
And even if you honestly can't afford to join now theres still tons of great sweeps here.
Its just amazing how nasty some are being over something they are getting for free.

Like Nikita said stop complaining and enter. :gvibes:
Maybe if you put as much energy into entering you'd win a great sweep and could afford to join the premium.

StarbucksAddict
September 13th, 2004, 4:31pm
I have faithfully posted every sweep I run accross only to sometimes see people bad mouth the prize, the rules or the sponsor.

Whenever you see this, please PM a moderator. We can get rid of those types of comments.

Cahaba Lily
September 13th, 2004, 4:33pm
I was wanting to start a thread about the lack of good sweeps and contest! I guess it's just the companies gearing up for the Holiday promos. Cause right now, most of the sweeps out there just stink! I found two that I submitted to Add-a-Sweep, but even they are... :boring:

needawinBAD
September 13th, 2004, 10:26pm
PREVIOUSLY POSTED:

" I wouldn't ever slam anyone for any decision they needed to make for paying for extras or not paying for them. The fact is though, that one of the biggest reasons that other sites have no shortage of sweeps is that they come HERE regularly to steal them and post them en-masse to their sites. It's a problem and a lot of threads have been devoted to it. This site is very well organized and makes that sort of thing attractive to sites who don't want to put forth the massive efforts it's takes to format sweeps in an easy to enter way.

If there are sweeps on other sites that OLS doesn't have it's because OLS members are more respectful and not using those methods, or the sweeps themselves are massive spam generators that aren't allowed here.

======================
Yet I have seen sweeps appear on other sites and THEN appear here, and vice versa. The site does not own the sweep. You simply are not going to be able to prevent someone from posting a sweep elsewhere that they first became aware of from this site. That is what this site was started for: to make people aware of available sweeps. Now I would not take sweeps from here and distribute, but there are some people out there who feel it's their DUTY to post any sweep they find on EVERY site they use. And that is also what the sponsors want: wide circulation of their promotions. Sweeps do not belong to sites or to any person who finds them first. Let's get that idea out of our heads right now so we can have an intelligent dialog here.

I personally rely on more than one site for sweeps. Yes, this site is well organized, but it is not the only site, despite the mind-set of certain members. Maybe they don't know how big a world it is.

:boring:

needawinBAD
September 13th, 2004, 10:29pm
One more thing: my posts were not complaints. So please, no more posts complaining about my complaint that is not a complaint at all!!!! ok?

sledbet
September 13th, 2004, 10:33pm
I am a non-paying member. So you are saying that if I post a new sweep in the new sweepstakes forum for which I fully intend for EVERYONE to see (not just the richies). That that post is in danger of being erased and/or "stolen" as it were, and shoved in the premium section? No thank you. If I contribute something I expect it to be available for everyone, not just the elite few. If this is true, I won't be contributing anymore. If I post a newly discovered sweeps it is intended for everyone. I think most people feel this way. The owner needs to change this policy or he will see his sweeps contribution numbers go way down IMO.

jdhj2
September 13th, 2004, 10:38pm
I am a non-paying member. So you are saying that if I post a new sweep in the new sweepstakes forum for which I fully intend for EVERYONE to see (not just the richies). That that post is in danger of being erased and/or "stolen" as it were, and shoved in the premium section? No thank you. If I contribute something I expect it to be available for everyone, not just the elite few. If this is true, I won't be contributing anymore. If I post a newly discovered sweeps it is intended for everyone. I think most people feel this way. The owner needs to change this policy or he will see his sweeps contribution numbers go way down IMO.
I really dont think so. +++++++ now the science. too many people.

arouet
September 13th, 2004, 10:44pm

sledbet,

I can actually understand when someone is not a premium member and they post a sweep that is designated a premium sweep getting upset if that wasn't their intention for it when they posted. But from your nineteen posts, in eight months on this site, I can't find even one sweep that you bothered to post. The outrage seems a little forced under those circumstances.

DeepThought
September 13th, 2004, 11:01pm
Do you do this at the grocery store? "I didn't bring any money, but I want that sirloin steak for free?"
If you can't pay up, then... well. End of rant.

So, comparing a grocery store to OLS is a stupid comparison, unless this were true:

Thousands of companies and random people run around giving free food out. Other people get a lot of this food, and bring it to the store. The store gave the food they got for free out for years, until they suddenly think that storing all the food is too much work for free, and they start charging for the food. To maintain their food supply, they need people to continue to bring in their free food, but also apparently need people to pay for the food they got for free because keeping it in one place is so much work.

But this is still a flawed comparison, because unlike any kind of store, OLS isn't selling tangible items... they're selling intellectual property. SOMEONE ELSE'S intellectual property. Not OLS-Member contests, Kraft contests and Coke contests.

sledbet
September 13th, 2004, 11:05pm
sledbet,

I can actually understand when someone is not a premium member and they post a sweep that is designated a premium sweep getting upset if that wasn't their intention for it when they posted. But from your nineteen posts, in eight months on this site, I can't find even one sweep that you bothered to post. The outrage seems a little forced under those circumstances.

Well, arouet...since you are being nosey, then with your 2 years membership and 771 posts you should have been able to find the sweep I posted. Nevertheless, I stand by my previous post...how many posts I've made to this site, or how long I've been a member is irrelevant to the fact that if I post a new sweep in the forum it may be "stolen" and used by the owners to beef up the premium section.

arouet
September 13th, 2004, 11:07pm
Well, arouet...since you are being nosey, then with your 2 years membership and 771 posts you should have been able to find the sweep I posted. Nevertheless, I stand by my previous post...how many posts I've made to this site, or how long I've been a member is irrelevant to the fact that if I post a new sweep in the forum it may be "stolen" and used by the owners to beef up the premium section.

Well as soon as you post a sweep and they make it a premium sweep come back and complain about it. In the meantime it's like complaining about a new tax that doesn't really affect you at all.

And no, I actually just went through all your posts again and I still didn't find a sweep.

mummyinfeb01
September 13th, 2004, 11:44pm
I was hoping the horse would be buried after I got back from my mini vacation this weekend. <sighs> Why are people stillllll complaining?

zolysr
September 13th, 2004, 11:45pm
Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine!!

If you people feel you are getting ripped off by using this site for free and not getting 100% of the benefits, LEAVE. Go to another site that will accomodate you for free and enjoy. I'm sure you could post how much you like it in their forums. Maybe instead of giving you a free membership for posting sweeps, they will pay you.

GOOD-BYE

mummyinfeb01
September 13th, 2004, 11:46pm
So, comparing a grocery store to OLS is a stupid comparison, unless this were true:

Thousands of companies and random people run around giving free food out. Other people get a lot of this food, and bring it to the store. The store gave the food they got for free out for years, until they suddenly think that storing all the food is too much work for free, and they start charging for the food. To maintain their food supply, they need people to continue to bring in their free food, but also apparently need people to pay for the food they got for free because keeping it in one place is so much work.

But this is still a flawed comparison, because unlike any kind of store, OLS isn't selling tangible items... they're selling intellectual property. SOMEONE ELSE'S intellectual property. Not OLS-Member contests, Kraft contests and Coke contests.

They're selling a service, not intellectual property.

marillionflower
September 13th, 2004, 11:50pm
the whining is getting old. :frown3: I know that of the contest I have posted recently that at least 5 of them are listed as premium...and I am not complaining. I have found some great contests here and got some very nice wins. Even though I can't afford to go premium I will continue to support this site by posting contests as I find them regardless of if they are posted as premium or not. :smile9:

Krystal
September 14th, 2004, 12:00am
the whining is getting old. :frown3: I know that of the contest I have posted recently that at least 5 of them are listed as premium...and I am not complaining. I have found some great contests here and got some very nice wins. Even though I can't afford to go premium I will continue to support this site by posting contests as I find them regardless of if they are posted as premium or not. :smile9:

Um....are you not premium? I swear you look green to me....

marillionflower
September 14th, 2004, 12:14am
:jump: I don't know who did it ...but THANK YOU!!! :jump: I am sitting here in tears because someone would do something so nice for me. Thank you again.